PDA

View Full Version : Longoni cases - Looking for info

cbi1000
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I've been thinking about one of these hard longoni cases. I'm thinking about the 3x6 one. Any of the AZB'ers out there ever use them? How much do they weigh? Likes and dislikes?
thanks

cbi

Rocket354
10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't have one but a buddy of mine I play pool with has one. He loves it. I can't comment on how it is day to day, but I can say I expected the exterior to be some very rigid aluminum or something that you could practically drive a car over. Instead, it seemed to just be a hard plastic that I could bend some with my hand. Ultimately seemed to be a nice case that definitely does the job and would hold up, but not quite worth the 250-300 price tag.

craig1243
10-30-2008, 01:46 AM
talk to tyler edney,he has a nice one ,and tell you how it stands up.

JimS
10-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Don't they have clips that hold the cues? It occurred to me that the clips might scratch the cues?

Tiddler
10-30-2008, 02:39 AM
They are plastic with clips, but the clips are made with foam rubber to hold the cues. They hold them well, but I wish there was a third clip in the middle for extra support. I worry about leaving it flat and finding a sag in the shafts or butt...... As a result I stand mine on end when storing cues.

JimS
10-30-2008, 05:40 AM
They are plastic with clips, but the clips are made with foam rubber to hold the cues. They hold them well, but I wish there was a third clip in the middle for extra support. I worry about leaving it flat and finding a sag in the shafts or butt...... As a result I stand mine on end when storing cues.

Hey Homey!

Maybe you could make your own supports by cutting some foam, or logs or whatever to go under the shafts/butts, in as many locations as necessary, so as to not be worried about non-support.

mooseman
10-30-2008, 07:01 AM
I have looked at the longonis and they seem like they would offer excellent protection. I too have some concern with the clips and how well they would stand up.

If you haven't looked at one, you might want to consider the longoni style cases from HR PRO BILLIARDS. http://www.hrprobilliards.com/ I looked at these when I was in Vegas this year at the nationals. I prefer these clips to the longoni and they seem they would last longer nor break down as the foam clips in the longoni.

Anyway just another choice to muddy the waters.

cbi1000
10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks everyone for your input, anyone else??

JXMIKE
10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Im thinking about getting a couple to store cues in, but i dont think i would walk into my pool room with them, they seem nice though.

btw watch tyler edeys whats inside the case segment on youtube to hear him talk about it.

cbi1000
10-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Im thinking about getting a couple to store cues in, but i dont think i would walk into my pool room with them, they seem nice though.

btw watch tyler edeys whats inside the case segment on youtube to hear him talk about it.

thanks, i'll have a look.