PDA

View Full Version : NAAFI Chalk

Mike Porter
10-30-2008, 04:44 AM
I've been posting billiard pics for the groups viewing, here is a distinctive piece of chalk.

Mike

Mike Porter
10-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Some more chalk.
Mike

XxMerlinxX
10-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Where do you come across chalk like that?

J.Goosman
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I love it. Chalk with a tank, airplane, and a battle ship. Thanks for sharing

these pictures.

JXMIKE
10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Awesome collectors pieces, have you ever chalked up your tip with them just to see how they are?

Mike Porter
10-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I have been a collector for a while, so I?ve accumulated a few different items. No I don?t think I have ever used a piece. Now that you mention it, I have a few Spinks chalks, I?ll give one a try. In general they do look quite dry.

Here is some more Bull Dog chalk. I like the logo on the last piece ?It Bites And Holds On?.

Mike

Mike Porter
10-30-2008, 05:50 PM
I have been a collector for a while, so I?ve accumulated a few different items. No I don?t think I have ever used a piece. Now that you mention it, I have a few Spinks chalks, I?ll give one a try. In general they do look quite dry.

Here is some more Bull Dog chalk. I like the logo on the last piece ?It Bites And Holds On?.

(something went wrong)

Mike

Texas Prez
10-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I love that slogan...I wish they were still around...the market for chalk is pretty thin...get master to play with, use silver cup because its the only the pool hall has, or buy some longoni chalk b/c you have the money....Bulldog chalk has a better marketing set-up than all those....if it still existed ;)

Mike Porter
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I not sure, perhaps they're still around? Here's one more Bull Dog chalk.
Mike

emoney
10-30-2008, 09:04 PM
wow those are sweet where do you find them at?

AuntyDan
10-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Very nice pieces Mike. I've seen pictures of some other brands of old chalk that was cylindrically shaped. It seemed like it would be better ergonomically and you'd throw less away, I wonder why no-one makes it now?

AuntyDan
10-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Very nice pieces Mike. I've seen pictures of some other brands of old chalk that was cylindrically shaped. It seemed like it would be better ergonomically and you'd throw less away, I wonder why no-one makes it now?

Mike Porter
10-31-2008, 03:20 AM

Some of the old chalk did not have paper on the bottom, thus you could use either end of the piece on your tip. I'll send some pictures of odd shaped chalk that I have when I get back. Here's another for now.
Mike

Mike Porter
10-31-2008, 03:29 AM
Some of the old chalk did not have paper on the bottom, thus you could use either end of the piece on your tip. I'll send some pictures of odd shaped chalk that I have when I get back. Here's another for now.
Mike

Obviously I'm brain dead at this hour of the morning, this time I'll attach the picture.

Mike

AuntyDan
10-31-2008, 10:07 AM
That's a great idea. The only problem is getting it all over you hands if there's no paper on the bottom. The ideal way to implement this for modern chalk would be to make the bottom paper panel easily removable with a low-strength glue like the stuff they use on Post-it notes.

Black-Balled
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM

Coz it would roll away?

AnitoKid
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Nice pics! Thanks for the share!

:)