PDA

View Full Version : Verbage???

Trent
10-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Ok i look in the FS section alot and im just a player thats been around a while owed a few cues but have never seen so many high dollar cues in one place before and im getting mixed up on verbage whats a feeler?, i imagine a player is as it sounds just for playing, Whats a hitter? and on these high-end cues do people play with them or just put them away and keep them safe???

I have a real nice Carolina cue with a predator shaft trevor made for me and it plays great! but its costom made my design and specs. would it only be considered a player?

Devilish48
10-30-2008, 05:45 AM
As I have none of the multi-thousand dollar cues, I can't say whether most actually play with them or just put them away. As for the term "feeler", that is used by someone who is trying to see if there is any interest in a cue before actually committing to offering it up for sale. Most people who use the feeler tact are looking to see what the market will bear.

Chris

speakers
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Ok i look in the FS section alot and im just a player thats been around a while owed a few cues but have never seen so many high dollar cues in one place before and im getting mixed up on verbage whats a feeler?, i imagine a player is as it sounds just for playing, Whats a hitter? and on these high-end cues do people play with them or just put them away and keep them safe???

I have a real nice Carolina cue with a predator shaft trevor made for me and it plays great! but its costom made my design and specs. would it only be considered a player?

Devilish is right about a "feeler" being a poster looking for suggestions or seeing if anybody is interested in whatever they have. I believe a "hitter" just means that it has a good feel to it and a "player" is whatever cue people use the most. Some people don't necessarily want to take their good cues to bars and league and only use it at home or somewhere that they know it will be safe and secure. No idea bout the high-end cues, I suppose it depends on the person, situation and where they're playing. You know it's all subjective, what's expensive to me might not be to you, same with a being a good "hitter".

Speakers