PDA

View Full Version : Accu-Stats Offers Joss Tour PPV

Dana Bufalo
10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Posted Oct 30, 2008 - Billiards Digest - Headstring News (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_news/display_article.php?id=1324)

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_news/display_article.php?id=1324

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Accu-Stats Offers Joss Tour PPV
Oct 30, 2008, 2:23 PM

Less than a week after broadcasting for every single day of the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, Accu-Stats will have its cameras back on the table this weekend. A two-day pay-per-view broadcast is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday for the Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour's stop at Comet Billiards, N.J.

Each day is available for $5.95, or viewers can purchase both days of the coverage (braodcast at www.accu-stats.com) for $9.95.

This will be the second time in less than three months that Accu-Stats will be broadcasting from Comet Billiards. In early September, the video production firm held an invitational for a handful of top 14.1 straight pool players.

For more information on this PPV event, visit www.accu-stats.com or call (800) 828-0397.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$2,000 Added - Comet Billiards - Parsippany, NJ - November 1-2, 2008

For more informaton on this weekend's Joss event at Comet Billiards go to http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=118471 .

Dana Bufalo
10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Comet Billiards
233 Littleton Road
Parsippany, NJ 07054
(973) 334-7429

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=1&latlongtype=internal&latitude=jz%2Fql6WvT5U%3D&longitude=JKwzraZaDU8%3D&name=&phone=&level=ADDRESS&addtohistory=&cat=&address=233%2BLittleton%2BRd&city=Parsippany&state=NJ&zipcode=07054-1868

From 287 North of Route 80: Take 287 South to Exit 42. Left at light (Embassy Suites Hotel is on left). Go to the 3rd light, which is Littleton Road (you will be crossing over Route 46). Turn left and then right into the 2nd driveway on the right.

From 287 South of Route 80: Take 287 North to Exit 41A. Stay to the right and follow signs for Smith Road. At the light the Sheraton is on the right. Turn left at the light onto Smith Road going under the highway. Make a left at the next light onto Littleton Road. Go 1/4 mile and enter the driveway on the left before the next light.

From Route 80 West of Route 287: Take 80 East to Exit 42C. Follow Route 202 North to 1st light. Go through the light and Littleton Plaza is on the right. Use the 2nd driveway on the right.

From Route 80 East of Route 287: Take 80 West to Exit 43. Stay to the right and follow signs for Exit 43B - Smith Road. At stop sign make a left onto Littleton Road. Go 1/4 mile and enter driveway on the left before the next light.

From Route 280/Parkway: Take 280 West to the end and follow signs for Route 287/46 staying to the right. At stop sign make a left onto Littleton Road. Go 1/4 mile and enter driveway on the left before the next light.

From Philadelphia: Northeast Extension North to Route 78 East to 287 North. Take 287 North to Exit 41A. Stay to the right and follow signs for Smith Road. At the light the Sheraton is on the right. Turn left at the light onto Smith Road going under the highway. Make a left at the next light onto Littleton Road. Go 1/4 mile and enter the driveway on the left before the next light.

Fast Lenny
10-31-2008, 08:30 PM
I have been saying this for awhile that this would be a great tour to broadcast and if I was in NY still I would have done it for sure.I look forward to seeing all the big guns in NY and the Tri-State area going at it,alot of good players on the Joss Tour. :)

Nostroke
10-31-2008, 08:43 PM
I already bought it. $9.95 for 2 days? How can you go wrong with that.

The more i think about it, Pat Fleming setting up permanent shop in Comet that has a tournameent (Blaze, Predator, Joss, 14.1, JPNEWT etc) probably every second or third week may be a pretty good business move. He will get a lot of matches that will sell for years and expenses are low. HIs Stream is as good or better than anybodies and dealing with a "known" in the tech area sure beats winging it some place diffeent every time.:smile:

Nostroke
11-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Man-What a perfect stream/audio. Its TV quality.. You can even tell 3 4 5 apart in most racks and Tony Robles is great in the booth-way better than DD has been of late. U listenin Pat?

9 ball
11-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Does pool instructor extrodinaire Joe Tucker still play on the Joss Tour, why has Joe T never tried to qualify for the WPC?.

Nostroke
11-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Does pool instructor extrodinaire Joe Tucker still play on the Joss Tour, why has Joe T never tried to qualify for the WPC?.

I think there are only 2 ways to get in the WPC 9. Be ranked high enough in your own country (travel, hotels etc) or win a qualifier 89% of which are 'on site' a week before the event and you can play one a day for a week. These q'rs are almost as hard to win as the event itself. Guys like Alcano, Luat,Eberle, Acaba have shown up for these and went home empty handed. Im sure the risk/reward was weighed and Joe made the right choice for himself.

Joe T
11-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Its called temporary retirement! Love the Joss tour or any pro event but I have to take care of other things now so its tough to justify practicing for them (which is must if I'm going), paying the expenses and then the time away from home. I'm watching right now and am not real happy that I am watching not being watched! Tony & Gail are pretty good together in the booth.

I didn't go to a tournament last night but I did run a 6 pack today!

GG11
11-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you Joe and NoStroke! We were both last minute fillers but it was fun! Tony had to talk me into it as I didn't think I was really qualified. The set up at Comet really does look beautiful! It's a fantastic opportunity for spectators to watch from their homes! Tony will hopefully commentate more as the various tours come through Comet. He gives alot of valuable information during his commentating and when they have the telestrator working, it'll really be a treat for the viewers. Though going to Comet and sitting in the arena is also a treat! It really feels like a live sporting event now! Pat Fleming stated they hope to soon have many headset connections at the arena seating area so spectators can also listen in on the commentating going on next to them. So cool!:cool:

They have done a fantastic job!

GG11
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
By the way, Accu-Stats confirmed that they will also be doing the Predator 9-Ball tour events with live broadcasting as well.

Eric.
11-03-2008, 11:39 AM
By the way, Accu-Stats confirmed that they will also be doing the Predator 9-Ball tour events with live broadcasting as well.

Heya Gail,

Great news! I think it will be a great way to promote the tour more, as well as giving exposure to some pool players (the ones that want exposure :p ).

Will this be for every stop? Who is doing the commentating?

Eric

Nostroke
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Heya Gail,

Great news! I think it will be a great way to promote the tour more, as well as giving exposure to some pool players (the ones that want exposure :p ).

Will this be for every stop? Who is doing the commentating?

Eric

Hey Dude. How's it going?

I can answer that one. The AS Arena is set up at Comet and any tour that has a stop there will be broadcast. They aren't chasing any tour.

The quality of the streaming is top notch. In 2 days of watching this past weekend, I didnt have to reboot or 'refresh' ONCE-Never!! That has been unheard of to date for ME.

It will be interesting to see how it works out for those that dont wish to be broadcast, especially if they make the semis. Karen participated this weekend but could not play on the 'TV Table' due to her contract with the WPBA. It would have been a disaster for Pat Fleming if she had reached the semis. Hopefully there will be a solution.

Gail and Tony did some commentating on Saturday and Carmen Lombado and J Bender on Sunday. I dont think Pat will nor should he bring in expensive commentators.

Eric.
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
That is good stuff, Gravy!

I feel that streaming matches live is gonna be the best chance to draw more attention to Pool.

Eric >love it