PDA

View Full Version : just got my new 9 ft table!

seanjonsean
10-30-2008, 08:02 PM
a few weeks ago i posted a thread bout getting a 9 ft table and bout cloth it came with . i chose velocity cloth and standard balls 4 cues and pioneer chalk, but now it seems small in my room lol , i was wondering where is the table 9 feet from ? is it from the cushions rails or slate? well the guys set it up reaallly fast and seemed very cool, the only thing i did notice is that i hear a thump wen u hit a cushion hard and the table mek sed he left them snug cuz of fear of it misaligning something , i was wondering if i could turn the bolts a few more.the cushions i think are championship , now im thinking of upgrading cushions to something else , will see and comments welcomed......

seanjonsean
10-30-2008, 08:41 PM
i was noticing where the bottom of the cushion meets the slate the part where u can put a nickel and so on that there seems to be a gap could that be where i hear the thump that maybe the balls are not contacting the cushion squarely?

scottp
10-30-2008, 09:50 PM
i wont hurt to tighten the rail bolts some more and see if it helps.....
what brand of table did you buy??????
if it a new one it should be under warrenty(sp)
scott

BRKNRUN
10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
If you measure from cushion "nose" to cushion "nose" it should be 100" lengthwise and 50" width

I would check each side of the rail near pockets....If it is correct there it will be correct in the middle.

Fatboy
10-30-2008, 09:57 PM
this sounds like a potentially complicated issue, best of luck with everything. :)

roncook
10-30-2008, 10:09 PM
If the rails are not completely setting on the slate you will get a thump sound. Also as rubber ages it gets hard and you also get a thump sound as well. If the whole rail is giving you a thump sound then it I would say the problem is the rail needs to be bolted down tighter. The rail could also be a little warped but turning the bolts tighter will bring it down some, and you can also put some weight on the railing for a couple of days after you tighten the bolts that may help. As far as the rubber it should be OK since it is new.

seanjonsean
10-30-2008, 10:22 PM
inch and a half was was the measurement i got from ball contact point to slate the table is from new braunfels its a boessling table

seanjonsean
10-31-2008, 06:37 AM
im gona try shimming the rails and see what happens

unknownpro
10-31-2008, 07:56 AM
i was noticing where the bottom of the cushion meets the slate the part where u can put a nickel and so on that there seems to be a gap could that be where i hear the thump that maybe the balls are not contacting the cushion squarely?

It is normal that there is a small gap to allow room for the cloth to be stapled on the underside of the rail. Losing coins under rails is not uncommon. The rail is cutout on the cloth side for this purpose and that doesn't mean the entire rail is not sitting on the slate. If the rails bolt down through the slate the bolts may be loose. If they bolt in the side (don't know if they make any like that anymore) a little more noise may be normal.

New rails play slow, especially if the rail cloth is not tight sufficiently. See how many rails you can hit with a hard lengthways shot. I think seven is the most you usually get from good fast rails, with new cloth you may get less.

realkingcobra
10-31-2008, 08:39 AM
It is normal that there is a small gap to allow room for the cloth to be stapled on the underside of the rail. Losing coins under rails is not uncommon. The rail is cutout on the cloth side for this purpose and that doesn't mean the entire rail is not sitting on the slate. If the rails bolt down through the slate the bolts may be loose. If they bolt in the side (don't know if they make any like that anymore) a little more noise may be normal.

New rails play slow, especially if the rail cloth is not tight sufficiently. See how many rails you can hit with a hard lengthways shot. I think seven is the most you usually get from good fast rails, with new cloth you may get less.
Table length banks are only 5 to 5 1/2 times with Brunswick Super Speed or Artimus K55:grin: What kind of cushions are you installing to get 7 times the length of the table:grin:

Glen

Samiel
10-31-2008, 09:26 AM
On the GC at my pool hall, a pretty hard hit gets 4 rails, a super hard will probably get 5 rails, but 6 seems pretty tough (monster hit).

unknownpro
10-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Table length banks are only 5 to 5 1/2 times with Brunswick Super Speed or Artimus K55:grin: What kind of cushions are you installing to get 7 times the length of the table:grin:

Glen
You are right RKC, I just got back on to say that number was too high after I thought about it. Five rail kicks are hard enough. I was trying to give him something to measure with and post it quick because I didn't want him to be jamming shims under his rails and screwing them up. I'll check my table later and see what I get (I'm not at it now).

Dartman
10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
im gona try shimming the rails and see what happens

???
1 1/2" cushion nose height is a 1/16 too high.
Shimming up will only make them higher and slow the rebound from the cushion.

As previously stated, put a socket on the rail bolts and see if they snug any more
but be careful cuz if you overtighten them they may try to pop thru the top of the rail.

If that doesn't work call the place where you bought the table and have them come
out and evaluate the problem.

Dartman
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
... What kind of cushions are you installing to get 7 times the length of the table:grin:
Glen
They're new from Ruberobandido, Inc. down in Playfasa, Mexico :D

seanjonsean
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
i called and they sed wow thats high and htere gona have to make all new rails/ i tried to do 8 rail bank onto a $100 bill like they do in trick shot to determine a winner and i got 5 maybe 6 banks , i would get 8 or 9 on my old 8 ft. i also noted that they kinda point up and not down ....

seanjonsean
10-31-2008, 05:07 PM
well the owner of the place sed he was making all new rails and he would replace them next week no questions asked i hope he gets it right this time , btw these guys had my table done in about an hour is this fast? maybe thats y i had problems...

seanjonsean
10-31-2008, 07:48 PM
happy halloween

TheHole
10-31-2008, 10:14 PM
They did a 3 piece slate plus rails, cover table, etc in 1 hour???? I need to hire those guys

seanjonsean
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
yup well my driveway is right at the side door where the table went so that helped and then they took bout 20 minutes to clean and load tools so maybe an hour and 20 minutes is more likelybut still seems fast , these guys were really kewl and courteuos ...:smile: