PDA

View Full Version : Bustamante vs. Manalo Video!

AnitoKid
10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
For friends who may have missed it,
here is a cool YouTube video featuring
Django Bustamante vs Marlon Manalo in
an IPT King of the Hill event!

Much thanks for looking, everyone!

Link is here, friends! (http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/11/francisco-bustamante-vs-marlon-manalo.html)

:)

ShootingArts
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Manalo was on fire that event and had a great shot at winning it. That one shot put him out of competition. He felt like he had been called a liar and his honor and reputation were at stake. He lost that match and his next one.

A little lack of seasoning did him in, he couldn't just accept the call, right or wrong and move on. I think the call was right but it doesn't really matter. You have to put them behind you even if you think you were burned by a bad call.

Hu

For friends who may have missed it,
here is a cool YouTube video featuring
Django Bustamante vs Marlon Manalo in
an IPT King of the Hill event!

Much thanks for looking, everyone!

Link is here, friends! (http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2008/11/francisco-bustamante-vs-marlon-manalo.html)

AnitoKid
11-01-2008, 03:47 AM
And did you see Django's amazing bank shot?
To do that in such an event - WOW!

ShootingArts
11-01-2008, 06:28 AM
And did you see Django's amazing bank shot?
To do that in such an event - WOW!

Finding the shot and making it under pressure was impressive. However it was somewhat of a natural bank in that he didn't have to do anything with the cue ball to keep the two from colliding again after the first hit. I expect a top player to be able to make that shot with ball in hand. Francisco has never gotten quite the respect he deserves in my opinion, being always in Efren's shadow. He is one of the elite of the pool world. I wasn't surprised that it fell, I would have been more surprised had it not fell.

Hu

AnitoKid
11-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I second this!

Finding the shot and making it under pressure was impressive. Hu

westcoast
11-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Does Mike Sigel intentionally pronounce the Filipino names incorrectly? I don't particularly care for his commentary either. By the way, I thought Manalo clearly fouled