PDA

View Full Version : Events in the DC area

strikeout
04-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I was looking at the different tours and things on this site, and found little scheduled here. Here in Frederick, there is this handicapped 8 ball event on saturdays, but I wanted to play in 9 ball ones, preferably non handicapped and double elimination. I was dissapointed to see that CAT had cancelled their 2005 season. Planet pool has something close to us in June I think, but surely considering Northern VA, DC, and MD subarbs there is lots of small tournaments going on (non league) that I am unaware of.

Anybody out there, who knows where all of these events are and where?

Laura

alinco
04-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I was looking at the different tours and things on this site, and found little scheduled here. Here in Frederick, there is this handicapped 8 ball event on saturdays, but I wanted to play in 9 ball ones, preferably non handicapped and double elimination. I was dissapointed to see that CAT had cancelled their 2005 season. Planet pool has something close to us in June I think, but surely considering Northern VA, DC, and MD subarbs there is lots of small tournaments going on (non league) that I am unaware of.

Laura

Hi Laura,

Check the Planet Pool website if you haven't already http://www.pooltour.com
We are coming to your area sooner than June.
Hagerstown in 3 weeks. Rockville next month and Sterling, VA shortly after that.

Hope to see you there!
Andy

lukeinva
04-09-2005, 09:13 PM

Laura

check out this group on yahoo.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MVD_POOL/

They list all the tourneys for APA and all other tourneys in MD, VA, DC that happen during the week check out thier calender section. They list it month by month what days , what kind of tourney. Everything this is a very informative site!! You have to join the group though if you want to post.

Rich R.
04-10-2005, 07:53 AM

Laura
Laura, in an attempt to fill the void left by the demise of the CAT tour, the NPNEWT tour is attempting to expand into the Maryland area and is in the process of making arrangements for some tournaments. These will include the Maryland State Ladies 9-Ball Tournament.
Keep an eye on their web site for the dates. All of the JPNEWT tournaments will have a paid WPBA Qualifier spot as a prize, in addition to cash.
http://www.newt9ball.com/