PDA

View Full Version : Sambajon vs Mike Davis, Joss Tour match.

christopheradam
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I just got back from the joss tour at Snookers/The green room in providence and watched some great pool. Good match against Santos Sambajon and Mike Davis in the semi final. Sambajon won the match by I think 3 games in a race to 9.

Sambajon played 3 perfect lock up safeties to get Mike to 3 foul out of one rack. What a stroke Sambajon has. I've never seen to more constrasting styles of strokes at one table. Sambajon with that loose fluid stroke and Mike with that up and down stroke. Mike's a great shot and is not out of the tournament yet. I had to leave so couldn't stay to the end. I think the final will be between those two.

Also seen Frankie Hernandez in action. Frankie is out of the tourney now though. They got some really top notch players to come out this week. Really enjoyed myself!

christopheradam
04-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I just got back from the joss tour at Snookers/The green room in providence and watched some great pool. Good match against Santos Sambajon and Mike Davis in the semi final. Sambajon won the match by I think 3 games in a race to 9.

Sambajon played 3 perfect lock up safeties to get Mike to 3 foul out of one rack. What a stroke Sambajon has. I've never seen to more constrasting styles of strokes at one table. Sambajon with that loose fluid stroke and Mike with that up and down stroke. Mike's a great shot and is not out of the tournament yet. I had to leave so couldn't stay to the end. I think the final will be between those two.

Also seen Frankie Hernandez in action. Frankie is out of the tourney now though. They got some really top notch players to come out this week. Really enjoyed myself!

I forgot to mention how close I was to the action. I was right up close a few feet watching the matches. I really got a good look at their technique and stroke. It was great!

AzHousePro
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Santos and Mike are back at it in the finals now.

Mike

christopheradam
04-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Santos and Mike are back at it in the finals now.

Mike

Should be a great match! I was pretty sure they were gonna end up playing in the final again. Who's everyones pick?

I got my money on Sambajon. Nothing against Mike Davis. Just seen Sambajon's game and he looks really good. Wish good luck to both of them.

Muxy
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
The waitresses at snookers are something else. (what i have heard)

AzHousePro
04-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Mike is up 7-3 right now.

Timberly
04-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Mike is up 7-3 right now.
Thanks for the update, please keep 'em coming!

Timberly
04-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Mike, it's past my bedtime but I'm curious as to how Mike's doing. Got an update for us???

Thanks,
Timberly

AzHousePro
04-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Mike won the first set. Santos won the second.

Mike

The Railbird
04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Is anyone else hearing stories about more big money added stops being added to the tour next season?

pbat2751
04-10-2005, 09:56 PM
The waitresses at snookers are something else. (what i have heard)

They are quite lovely

JAM
04-11-2005, 04:45 AM
...Also seen Frankie Hernandez in action. Frankie is out of the tourney now though. They got some really top notch players to come out this week. Really enjoyed myself!

Snooker's is a great pool room. The Joss Tour always seems to draw a topnotch field (IMO). Lots of strong players in New England for sure! :p

My curiosity piqued, who was Frankie Hernandez in action with? :cool:

I'm pretty impressed with the way the staff at Snooker's caters to the players during tournaments held there. The waitresses and bartenders are always stopping by to see if you need anything, and the menu is unlike most pool room traditional fare. Did you get a chance to taste Regina's homemade meatballs? Yummie! :D

Was there a calcutta? :confused:

JAM

christopheradam
04-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Snooker's is a great pool room. The Joss Tour always seems to draw a topnotch field (IMO). Lots of strong players in New England for sure! :p

My curiosity piqued, who was Frankie Hernandez in action with? :cool:

I'm pretty impressed with the way the staff at Snooker's caters to the players during tournaments held there. The waitresses and bartenders are always stopping by to see if you need anything, and the menu is unlike most pool room traditional fare. Did you get a chance to taste Regina's homemade meatballs? Yummie! :D

Was there a calcutta? :confused:

JAM

Yes there was a calcutta.

Frankie was playing a player I never heard of and I forget his name. He shot very good though(obviously, he beat Frankie). Used a Predator BK stick as his playing cue and used another cue to break with.

Eric.
04-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes there was a calcutta.

Frankie was playing a player I never heard of and I forget his name. He shot very good though(obviously, he beat Frankie). Used a Predator BK stick as his playing cue and used another cue to break with.

Might be Jarrod.

Eric

christopheradam
04-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone insterested in the results can follow this link:
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=2633

Sambajon won.

pbat2751
04-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Might be Jarrod.

Eric

Didn't see him there.....