PDA

View Full Version : Joss Tour in rochester ny

Ty Webb
04-11-2005, 06:46 AM
as a fan of the game i wanted to say that the joss n/e 9ball tour has been a great tour to be able to watch the last couple of years.when they come to my town we have been able to see some great pool here in rochester until this year.the competition was not as good this year as in the past and i was wondering why if anyone knew.any other time i was there to watch there was always top players like mccready,strickland,and other top name players.it just didnt have the same feel and there was one match that i watched where the guy who ended up winning(c orme was losing to some guy named lynn weshler 8-2 and this guy lynn missed an easy 8 ball and then lost the match 9-8.c orme deserved alot of credit for hanging in there.the guy who lost stormed out the door like a madman.i have seen him at other tournaments in the area and he always acts like a fool when he loses and that makes the game not fun to watch when they act like he does.give credit to the winner and show some respect.i hope in the future they will be able to get the bigger name players back here because they are a pleasure to watch.congrats to c orme and bob chaperon.the canadians are the best.always a class act.

Koop
04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Cardiac Kid where are you.

Hey Ty,

Lyn posts here regularly and though I have not met him yet, seems like a great guy. It's your first post and you have a right to your opinion but knowing your audience never hurts. Just some friendly advice.

Regards,
Dave

Black-Balled
04-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds fun to watch :D

Just Jim
04-11-2005, 09:51 AM
there was one match that i watched where the guy who ended up winning(c orme was losing to some guy named lynn weshler 8-2 and this guy lynn missed an easy 8 ball and then lost the match 9-8.c orme deserved alot of credit for hanging in there.the guy who lost stormed out the door like a madman.i have seen him at other tournaments in the area and he always acts like a fool when he loses and that makes the game not fun to watch when they act like he does.

I have played Lynn a few times on the Joss tour and have seen him play at many stops. He has never been other than a gentleman. Perhaps a bad day for him or misperception on your part.

cardiac kid
04-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Hi Folks,

Thanks to one of the other locals, I was told about this thread I had missed. Yes, I was ahead of eventual tournament winner Chris Orme 7 - 3. Yes, I did miss a makeable eight ball. No, I didn't storm out of the room. I was despondent over my loss but, I had another match to play. Chris Orme and I have been friends for over ten years. I'm sure if you asked him, he would say I was a gentlemen at all times! It was the fifth consecutive event that I had drawn one of the top three auction players. It was the fourth time I stole defeat from sure victory. Even I get to be blues'ed out! To my fellow posters, thanks for your kind words and support.

In past years, the former manager of Classic Billiards paid the expences of players like Earl, Charlie Williams, Keith McCready, Dennis Hatch and others to attend our $5000 added event. This past year, the room appeared to be in deep financial trouble. The manager was terminated. It appeared that our 2005 Joss event was in jeapardy. I volunteered to underwrite the $2000 added money. I also did the promotion work at my expence to support the event. Two other friends of Classic Billiards offered to put up money should it be needed. We asked for no recognition and received none. It was a very successful event. Other than the $5000 added events at Classic, this was the highest number of entries at a Joss stop in Upstate New York in many years. Thanks to all who helped.

To Ty Webb. Your choice of Caddyshack characters speaks volumes about you. From your choice of words, I'm pretty sure I know who you are. I would expect no less from you! :rolleyes:

Nostroke
04-15-2005, 07:07 AM
as a fan of the game i wanted to say that the joss n/e 9ball tour has been a great tour to be able to watch the last couple of years.when they come to my town we have been able to see some great pool here in rochester until this year.the competition was not as good this year as in the past and i was wondering why if anyone knew.any other time i was there to watch there was always top players like mccready,strickland,and other top name players.it just didnt have the same feel and there was one match that i watched where the guy who ended up winning(c orme was losing to some guy named lynn weshler 8-2 and this guy lynn missed an easy 8 ball and then lost the match 9-8.c orme deserved alot of credit for hanging in there.the guy who lost stormed out the door like a madman.i have seen him at other tournaments in the area and he always acts like a fool when he loses and that makes the game not fun to watch when they act like he does.give credit to the winner and show some respect.i hope in the future they will be able to get the bigger name players back here because they are a pleasure to watch.congrats to c orme and bob chaperon.the canadians are the best.always a class act.

Stormed Out? SO what? If he didnt bad mouth his opponent or disrespect anyone or equipment, a guy is entitled to be pissed IMHO.

Koop
04-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey cardiac kid,

Glad you finally saw this one. I'm hoping to be at the Joss finale this August so hopefully we can meet up. First drink is on me.

Dave

pete lafond
04-15-2005, 06:45 PM
the guy who ended up winning(c orme was losing to some guy named lynn weshler 8-2 and this guy lynn missed an easy 8 ball and then lost the match 9-8.c orme deserved alot of credit for hanging in there.the guy who lost stormed out the door like a madman.i have seen him at other tournaments in the area and he always acts like a fool when he loses and that makes the game not fun to watch when they act like he does.give credit to the winner and show some respect.i hope in the future they will be able to get the bigger name players back here because they are a pleasure to watch.congrats to c orme and bob chaperon.the canadians are the best.always a class act.

I do not know why you are characterizing one of the better 9 ball players on the Joss tour. Yes he was upset, and so wouldn't you (assuming your a normal human being). I was there with my nine year old and we both know him very well. He stopped by and told us he lost focus and it just happens to players sometimes. He did not yell, scream or act out in any unusual way. I enjoy very much playing him. The Joss tour is a spectacular event and the pool room in Rochester does a great job with it, not to mention Honorable Michael Zuglin. Thank you Mike again for a very fine and professional tournament. Please hold your judgmental comments in the future, it shows poor character.