PDA

View Full Version : David Jones Cues

lunchmoney
04-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Can anyone tell me how the hit is on a David Jones cue? I have seen several of his cues and if they hit anything like they look, the hit would be amazing. I am thinking on getting one and any info would be appreciated. The David Jones I am talking about is from Tacoma, Washington.

Lunchmoney

Kerry Impson
04-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi Lunchmoney. Dave makes outstanding cues - I was at his house recently and hit with one for quite a while. The hit is simply unbelievable, very crisp but not stiff. I'm not very good at describing hits, I just know what I like. And I LOVE his cues! This cue was well-balanced and had an exceptional feel to it. I've known Dave for many years and he is an excellent craftsman, very attuned to detail, and an extremely honest person who's dedicated to quality. He stands behind his work 100%. I'm sure he'd work with you on whatever you're interested in as far as hit and feel. He definitely knows his stuff!!!

BTW, he lives in Lynnwood (unless there's another Dave Jones around here making cues!) :p

lunchmoney
04-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi Lunchmoney. Dave makes outstanding cues - I was at his house recently and hit with one for quite a while. The hit is simply unbelievable, very crisp but not stiff. I'm not very good at describing hits, I just know what I like. And I LOVE his cues! This cue was well-balanced and had an exceptional feel to it. I've known Dave for many years and he is an excellent craftsman, very attuned to detail, and an extremely honest person who's dedicated to quality. He stands behind his work 100%. I'm sure he'd work with you on whatever you're interested in as far as hit and feel. He definitely knows his stuff!!!

BTW, he lives in Lynnwood (unless there's another Dave Jones around here making cues!) :p

Kerry,

I was misinformed as to where he lived, thanks for clearing it up. I had heard that the hit was incredible and wanted some more input from people that either own one or had hit some balls with one. I met Dave when he came up to Riverside Billiards in Mount Vernon and like you, was impressed with him and his cues. We are going to call him tonight and set up a time and place to meet with him. While you were at his home did you notice if he had some completed cues for sale? I would like to get one now instead of waiting for him to build one. Every one of his cues that I have seen, I would have bought. I've got an income tax refund burning a hole in my pocket and what better way to spend it than on a custom cue, right? Thanks for your response.

Lunchmoney

Kerry Impson
04-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Lunchmoney, that sounds like the perfect way to spend a tax refund. LOL!! Seriously, Dave's cues are phenomenal. I called his wife to see if he had any completed cues available but she was out; I'll post when she returns my call. But I'd be surprised if he didn't. Good luck - I'm sure you'll be quite pleased.

lunchmoney
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Lunchmoney, that sounds like the perfect way to spend a tax refund. LOL!! Seriously, Dave's cues are phenomenal. I called his wife to see if he had any completed cues available but she was out; I'll post when she returns my call. But I'd be surprised if he didn't. Good luck - I'm sure you'll be quite pleased.

Thanks Kerry. We were going to call him last night and something came up and we didn't. I am going to see if he has the time this Saturday to meet with me. Please let me know if you hear from his wife and if he has any cues available for sale.

Lunchmoney

KingCarom
04-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I've met Dave and been to his shop as well, and will tell you that I would buy one of his cues, I mean pieces of art, in a flash. He is a good player and a really ncie guy. I dont think he ever has any of his finished cues just laying around though. Most are custom order as he doesnt have alot of time right now to build extra's.

Some of his work should be in the next blue book.

rukiddingme
04-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks Kerry. We were going to call him last night and something came up and we didn't. I am going to see if he has the time this Saturday to meet with me. Please let me know if you hear from his wife and if he has any cues available for sale.

Lunchmoney
can someone post or pm me info as to how to get a hold of Mr. Jones...always in search of that crisp hitting cue...not too soft and not too stiff...
Does he have a web site?
ruk

Kerry Impson
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I now have Dave's email address and Web site, respectively:

djcues@comcast.net
www.djcues.com

He is back from Spring Break and has some cues all ready to go!! :)

lunchmoney
04-15-2005, 05:15 PM
I now have Dave's email address and Web site, respectively:

djcues@comcast.net
www.djcues.com

He is back from Spring Break and has some cues all ready to go!! :)

Thanks Kerry, We are going to call him tonight and try and see him tomorrow.

Don