PDA

View Full Version : FURY tour in St. Augustine, FL

Shorty
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Anybody got any results on the FURY tour in St. Augustine yesterday?

I am just curious how my buddy Mike Jackson did in the tournament?

By the way, that is a REALLY nice nice pool room up there, called Anastasia Billiards. Super clean, plenty of room, and non-smoking! WOO-HOO! I love being able to shoot pool and come home not smelling like a Marlboro. Smoking stunts your growth don't ya know? :D

Thanks,
Shorty

AceHigh
04-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Anybody got any results on the FURY tour in St. Augustine yesterday?

I am just curious how my buddy Mike Jackson did in the tournament?

By the way, that is a REALLY nice nice pool room up there, called Anastasia Billiards. Super clean, plenty of room, and non-smoking! WOO-HOO! I love being able to shoot pool and come home not smelling like a Marlboro. Smoking stunts your growth don't ya know? :D

Thanks,
Shorty

Not sure, but didn't Adam Wheeler win the last one? That guy plays lights out pool, I don't know how they can let him play on this tour. He plays and directs the local handicap 9ball tournament at the local pool hall. He gives weight to everyone, and runs over people. I honestly think out of everyone I know, he has the most knowledge.

Shorty
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Not sure, but didn't Adam Wheeler win the last one? That guy plays lights out pool, I don't know how they can let him play on this tour. He plays and directs the local handicap 9ball tournament at the local pool hall. He gives weight to everyone, and runs over people. I honestly think out of everyone I know, he has the most knowledge.

Yeah I heard that Adam did win the last one...not sure who he is though, just glad my walley has not found out. You are not the only person I have heard say this. Dude must be strong. And he did show up yesterday afterall to play in it again.

Shorty

AceHigh
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Yeah I heard that Adam did win the last one...not sure who he is though, just glad my walley has not found out. You are not the only person I have heard say this. Dude must be strong. And he did show up yesterday afterall to play in it again.

Shorty

Do you know how he did? I haven't talked to him in awhile, he gives me the last 6, and just runs over me. I really don't know why he isn't playing on the Pro tour.

Cue Crazy
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Do you know how he did? I haven't talked to him in awhile, he gives me the last 6, and just runs over me. I really don't know why he isn't playing on the Pro tour.

He was still in the last 4 people left in It I believe, so probably won It, but did not find out before I left. I can find out for sure when I go back over there If he won or not, but last I saw, he was shooting pretty solid.
I wanted to meet him, but unforunatly did not get a chance. I did however meet tracie, and she seemed like a really sweet girl, very personal, and took the time out to talk. Plays a heck of a game also. Her game was very impressive, and should go a long way in the years to come. Good luck to both of them in their career.
I finally got to Meet shorty, Nice guy,shoots very well, really impressed Me and a couple of others I know. Glad you liked the place. I enjoy shooting there Myself every chance I get. I would love to see other Az'ers come by and shoot, it is very nice as shorty mentioned.
The event had a really good turn out, Kay & Her staff did a great job with it, Look forward to It, when the tour comes back through in october. Liked It so much, may even go to some of the other stops on the tour.

Greg

AceHigh
04-11-2005, 03:38 PM
He was still in the last 4 people left in It I believe, so probably won It, but did not find out before I left. I can find out for sure when I go back over there If he won or not, but last I saw, he was shooting pretty solid.
I wanted to meet him, but unforunatly did not get a chance. I did however meet tracie, and she seemed like a really sweet girl, very personal, and took the time out to talk. Plays a heck of a game also. Her game was very impressive, and should go a long way in the years to come. Good luck to both of them in their career.
I finally got to Meet shorty, Nice guy,shoots very well, really impressed Me and a couple of others I know. Glad you liked the place. I enjoy shooting there Myself every chance I get. I would love to see other Az'ers come by and shoot, it is very nice as shorty mentioned.
The event had a really good turn out, Kay & Her staff did a great job with it, Look forward to It, when the tour comes back through in october. Liked It so much, may even go to some of the other stops on the tour.

Greg

i'll probably play a few events next year, i'm still a little too green to spend so much "green" to play. adam is friggin tall. his gal jessica shoots pretty sporty.

Shorty
04-11-2005, 03:44 PM

Greg

Hey thanks Greg, I swear that was the first time I have hit on a bar box in forever. Felt weird being that crowded. I had a good night but lost in APA last eve, a 3 clipped by me. I was tired, it was late, and I missed an easy three ball out. Oy, I hate shooting at 11pm after being up since 6am. Anyway, made for a rough day today at work, but I survived.

My cue is playing nicely by the way, just taking some getting used to again.
Let me know if anyone finds out who won the tourney.

Shorty

Cue Crazy
04-11-2005, 05:33 PM
i'll probably play a few events next year, i'm still a little too green to spend so much "green" to play. adam is friggin tall. his gal jessica shoots pretty sporty.

A decent player could compete with the majority of the field to My suprise, altough there were a couple of hands full of players that would take some serious stepping up to stay with, that's for sure.
He Is tall as you mentioned, he plays so well, don't even think I could hang with him on My best night, Must be nice not to have to use a bridge as much. I taught Myself to shoot oposite handed on some shots many moons ago, and still need to use a bridge more then I would like, or end up going behind My back.
It looked like some fun competion to Me. Great Stuff. I was too tired to play It, and just seemed like a waste to me, as bad as I was shooting, so may try another event, or when the tour comes my way. Did have alot of pool buddies jump in, and quite a few made it a ways. I shoot with them quite often and am able to compete with them, so most decent players have a chance, and If feeling their stroke toward the finals, Who knows? Every dog has their day.

Cue Crazy
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey thanks Greg, I swear that was the first time I have hit on a bar box in forever. Felt weird being that crowded. I had a good night but lost in APA last eve, a 3 clipped by me. I was tired, it was late, and I missed an easy three ball out. Oy, I hate shooting at 11pm after being up since 6am. Anyway, made for a rough day today at work, but I survived.

My cue is playing nicely by the way, just taking some getting used to again.
Let me know if anyone finds out who won the tourney.

Shorty

Suprising how hard those little buggers can be to make ajustments on, when use to 9 footers & high speed cloth. That thing had me all messed up, and banging balls when the tournament winded down, and the 9's started opening back up. probably what happened to you also.
As you know I was up all night the night before, and alittle out of It. Made the mistake of getting in a game with Joe afterwards. He would run 3-4 games up on me, and I would bring him back even, but could not get over the barrier, Because I was too tired to hold down the fight, and everytime I started shifting the momentem back My way, I would get lazy, shoot so poorly, and bang balls around, that he would get back in his stroke and run up on Me again. That went on several times, before he had to go home to get some sleep before work, and I had had enough anyway. I was shooting so far off from My regular game that It made Me sick. Suprising I could even keep evening up the racks on him, the way he was running racks on Me. Man, if he had done that in the tournament, he might would have gave the best there a run at It possibly. It was fun though, and met alot of really cool people I look forward to playing in the future

It looked like you were starting to get the feel for the table right before you left. I could see that you shoot very well, and was told you do also. Look forward to playing you again in the future. heck I ran about 5 racks of 9ball and the half racks, right before you made It there, and then I got caught up in everything that was going on, and My mind started drifting on me, never really got it back, even after things settled down.

There was quite a turnout there for a sunday, the place is even larger looking when there are less people. espeacially when It's quite, and all you hear is the echo of soft ball contact. You can really get into running racks
when it's like that.

Glad to hear the cue feels good.

Greg

KBP
04-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Hey everyone,
This is Kay and we did have a fantastic turnout at Anastasia Billiard Room. Owner, John and staff treated us great. Love the room wish I could find more like that to run events in. We ended up with a total of 45 players. I don't have all the stats from the TD but I do know the 1 through 4.
1st place; Julio Aquino
2nd place: Tim Daniel
3rd place: Matt Bauries
4th place: Elvis Rodriguez
The turn out was so good and the room owner has requested more stops there. We have him set in place of another event that we had to cancel. Aug 21, 2005 and we still have the October 30, 2005 too. Thanks for the post on the event and if anyone needs to contact me they can at 877-328-7449.
By the way I saw you playing Shorty. You shot really well and I think you'd do great on the tour. Greg I don't remember if I met you but if not maybe next time. I was all over the place taking action shots, checking on things and then there's the chart. By the way Tracie and I are good friends and she told my hubby the other day that she wouldn't give him the 7 till he was walking with a cane. :D Her and her husband Jimmy are great people. Hope to see all who came again.
Kay

Shorty
04-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Hey everyone,
This is Kay and we did have a fantastic turnout at Anastasia Billiard Room. Owner, John and staff treated us great. Love the room wish I could find more like that to run events in. We ended up with a total of 45 players. I don't have all the stats from the TD but I do know the 1 through 4.
1st place; Julio Aquino
The turn out was so good and the room owner has requested more stops there. We have him set in place of another event that we had to cancel. Aug 21, 2005 and we still have the October 30, 2005 too. Thanks for the post on the event and if anyone needs to contact me they can at 877-328-7449.
By the way I saw you playing Shorty. You shot really well and I think you'd do great on the tour. Greg I don't remember if I met you but if not maybe next time. I was all over the place taking action shots, checking on things and then there's the chart. By the way Tracie and I are good friends and she told my hubby the other day that she wouldn't give him the 7 till he was walking with a cane. :D Her and her husband Jimmy are great people. Hope to see all who came again.
Kay

Thanks Kay, but you are killing all my action...it is so hard to milk the wheelchair thing ya know...j/k

Glad you guys had a good turnout, and I will definately try to make the next one. I like little one day tourneys like that. As a matter of fact I am flying up to Mississippi for a tourney here in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to seeing some old friends and playing some one pocket and nine ball.

Great job running the tourney by the way! It seemed super organized and well presented.

Shorty

AceHigh
04-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Hey everyone,
1st place; Julio Aquino
Kay

Julio won another one? Damn. and tim got 2nd, that's awesome. Tim used to run the local tournaments where I play, but now Adam does.

KBP
04-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Thanks Kay, but you are killing all my action...it is so hard to milk the wheelchair thing ya know...j/k

Glad you guys had a good turnout, and I will definately try to make the next one. I like little one day tourneys like that. As a matter of fact I am flying up to Mississippi for a tourney here in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to seeing some old friends and playing some one pocket and nine ball.

Great job running the tourney by the way! It seemed super organized and well presented.

Shorty

It's the TD in me. Call em as I see em. If you run across any tournament directors who'd like to see this tour pop up in Mississippi have them contact me. I am still growing and setting up divisions all over the US wherever I can find good and honest tournament directors. I am glad you liked the way we run it. We try really hard to make sure it is smooth and all have a good time. I'll be back there next time and I want to see you play in the event.
Kaly

jjinfla
04-12-2005, 05:34 AM
4th place for Elvis. I'm going to have to print that out and show it to Elvis the next time he balks at giving me the 8. And he is only rated a 7 here locally. He has that one leg, crane style, jump shot.

Adam Wheeler has been playing in Florida for some time. He gets in the Florida Pro Tour but usually finishes in the bottom half. That tells you how good the top half in the Florida Pro Tour is.

Jake

KBP
04-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Julio won another one? Damn. and tim got 2nd, that's awesome. Tim used to run the local tournaments where I play, but now Adam does.

What I love is that I never know who's going to win. I can guess but I'm not always right. I am also very pleased when some of my players get better as they play on the events. The hardest thing is to tell someone that they can't play with us any more. And I do have to do that. Some get upset and some feel that it is a compliment especially since they've played on the tour for several years and wasn't even getting in the money at first. I enjoy this so much. And I guess I get kind of attached to the players. They have always treated me with respect.
Kay

Cue Crazy
04-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Hey everyone,
1st place; Julio Aquino
Kay

Hey Kay,

I only briefly introduced Myself to you before I left. I was the guy shooting with shorty over on that table he was on. I was also banging balls around on that #2 table with Joe at the end of the night, afraid I was too tired to focus, so was shooting like I did not care. I was the one with the beard, and all the gray hair. I would have took more time to talk with you, but you were busy trying to get everything packed up, so did'nt want to slow you up, and I was also really tired, so just headed for the house.

I am glad to Here there will be an extra stop. John and Bob have done a great job with the place, and was happy to see such a great turnout. Me and My father Have known them for quite a while now, and we do the repair work on their house cues. John had another place in st. aug. years ago, then one in palm coast, and finally back here again where those 9 footers belong.

Tracie was great, very nice, and approachable. She was even nice enough to give Me her last photo and, autograph It to me. I was really impressed at how well she plays out of hard leaves. I don't know if I got to talk with you guys old men or not, but look forward to meeting them should I have the chance in the future.

Great job with the tourney, and thanks for bringing It our way. I will make a point to take more time and Properly introduce Myself next time I see you.

Looking forward to the next one.

Greg

Shorty
04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
I agree with Greg,

I will definately be coming to any future tourneys up that way, just keep me posted and let me know.

I got a horse down this way I may bring up. He is an APA 6 and a pretty strong shooter. He is no pro, but I am grooming him well. He plays about 4 to 5 nights a week, including nine and 8 ball, but he is anxious to learn one pocket. He is a gambler, but I am tuning his game to be more of a tournament player. Guy has stroke, just needs the experience.

And besides, I don't drive and I need a driver to get me where I am going. He is great about that as well...not much of a drinker like me, and a non-smoker like me as well which helps in that department.

Looking forward to the next one,
Shorty

KBP
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Now that Greg reminds me I do remember meeting you. I meet so many people at these events and all over that sometimes you have to juggle my memory a little plus getting older doesn't help. :D Thanks for introducing yourself and when you get a chance chat with me again
Kay

Cue Crazy
04-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Now that Greg reminds me I do remember meeting you. I meet so many people at these events and all over that sometimes you have to juggle my memory a little plus getting older doesn't help. :D Thanks for introducing yourself and when you get a chance chat with me again
Kay

I sure will. keep em coming our way. Thanks for bringing It here, gives Me reason to step Up again, and put some time in, so I can play the next one.

Greg