PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cue For Girl Specs: Pretty and Playable.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I live in a small town of around 15,000 and run all the local bar tournaments. There is a girl that has been playing that barely played before and is making it to the top 4 in 12 to 16 person tournamnts about 50% of the time. She has never played much but she has asked me to find her a cue. She is not the usual dits and although she wants something 'Pretty' she wants it to be very playable. I told her i could probably find something for around $150 CDN, thinking around $125 USD including shipping could get a decent cue off ebay. By pretty she wasn't talking about nice inlays or points, something with a nice decal would be fine as long as it was very playable. I looked and it doesnt seem Viking, McDermott, Falcon, etc have anything that would fit the bill. Mcdermott has 'The Shadow' but its a little high. Although this girl is beautiful, pool interests are in my heart here, not love interests. I wanna see every person on the planet holding a cue and playing 60 hours a week, and I'll do it one person at a time. She has a very high interest in the game. When i got her a Dufferin in decent shape for $40 cdn she said she would rather pay $150 and get something nice that will last her and play well, telling me 'I really wanna get into pool and play way more, my dads getting a home table.... etc etc..' trying to convince me of how serious she was.

What can you guys recommend? Ebay links would be great if there is anything on ebay right now.

This type of thing is out of the question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7148766497&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It looks cheesy, its got a Cane Joint (thats what i call em) and it probably plays like shit.

I'm Only looking for GOOD PLAYING 'pretty' cues.

Purdman
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I have a very nice McDermott JLO3. It was the Jannett Lee model before they droped her. The cue went south the day I got it in "99". I just had Rick Phillippi make a new shaft for it. Cue does not have 5 hours of play on it. Like new with a straight shaft. It is definately a womans cue. I would have to get $300 just to lose $100.
Purdman

Muxy
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
i think i am going to get that for my dad's girlfriend for her

birthdayhttp://seyberts.com/cues/mcdermott_cues/mcdermott_pool_cues/pearl/popups/images/C254.jpg

landshark77
04-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Vivian Villarreal has a new line of McDermott cues out. Apparently it is a "women's only" line. The price range is what you are looking for. It seems that there are currently three diffrent models.

You can get more info here (http://www.mcdermottcue.com/PAGES/Players/Vivian/Home.htm).

Wally in Cincy
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
this is a lot more than she wants to spend

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/meucci/hof-5.htm

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
check out Action's Athena line of cues,,,has a quick release extension for those long shots,,,my advice is get a lighter weight one of these; they get heavy with the extension screwed in,,,

MrLucky
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I live in a small town of around 15,000 and run all the local bar tournaments. There is a girl that has been playing that barely played before and is making it to the top 4 in 12 to 16 person tournamnts about 50% of the time. She has never played much but she has asked me to find her a cue. She is not the usual dits and although she wants something 'Pretty' she wants it to be very playable. I told her i could probably find something for around $150 CDN, thinking around $125 USD including shipping could get a decent cue off ebay. By pretty she wasn't talking about nice inlays or points, something with a nice decal would be fine as long as it was very playable. I looked and it doesnt seem Viking, McDermott, Falcon, etc have anything that would fit the bill. Mcdermott has 'The Shadow' but its a little high. Although this girl is beautiful, pool interests are in my heart here, not love interests. I wanna see every person on the planet holding a cue and playing 60 hours a week, and I'll do it one person at a time. She has a very high interest in the game. When i got her a Dufferin in decent shape for $40 cdn she said she would rather pay $150 and get something nice that will last her and play well, telling me 'I really wanna get into pool and play way more, my dads getting a home table.... etc etc..' trying to convince me of how serious she was.

What can you guys recommend? Ebay links would be great if there is anything on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7148766497&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It looks cheesy, its got a Cane Joint (thats what i call em) and it probably plays like shit.

I am not sure why you are having such a hard time besides the Vivian V cues someone linked you to many McDermotts at resellers online are in the $111.00 and up range !!! :D

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Vivian Villarreal has a new line of McDermott cues out. Apparently it is a "women's only" line. The price range is what you are looking for. It seems that there are currently three diffrent models.

You can get more info here (http://www.mcdermottcue.com/PAGES/Players/Vivian/Home.htm).

It makes you wonder if they would refuse my money if I wanted to buy one...lol.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I am not sure why you are having such a hard time besides the Vivian V cues someone linked you to many McDermotts at resellers online are in the $111.00 and up range !!!

Post a link to a single Decent Cue that i can get $150 CDN ($120 usd landed). Noone has posted anything in my range yet. Again, it has to be 'Girl Pretty' flowers or purple or pink not 'Guy Pretty' with inlays and points and such. Everyone has posted the type of cues im looking for, just not the price range. I am sure if we put our heads together we can find something on Ebay, or at a discount billiard outlet.

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 01:30 PM
guess you want someone else to do your work for you, :D

www.cuestix.com type in either ACT120, ACT121, ACT122, ATH01, or ATH02 ,,,these cues all retail for $115 each,,,they can route you to a dealer who can sell these to you,,,your pool hall probably can buy it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Please do not take this the wrong way. But I am so confused here.

How much is a plain jane by Forster. I would imagine not too much because he is pretty new. So, may be $400 or so? For an extra $250, you would rather get a production cue from a discount store then to get one custom made by this buddy of yours whom you cannot stop promoting? I just don't get it...

If you really believe in a Forster cue, shouldn't you support his business and refer him to your friends?

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
just like a girl, laying a guilt trip on a guy...:D :D :D

what everybody is missing here -> $125 usd <- seems to be what is going to be spent, quit trying to "bait-and-switch",,,,, :D :D :D

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 02:08 PM
just like a girl, laying a guilt trip on a guy...:D :D :D

what everybody is missing here -> $125 usd <- seems to be what is going to be spent, quit trying to "bait-and-switch",,,,, :D :D :D

OK, uncle jack, I give up... :D

fxskater
04-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Tiffpoolbum (who can't stop promoting her sister and playing games):

I Do believe in foster cues and quality and all that. He is not cheap because he is new. You are right though, for around $400 you can get a pretty plain cue from him. Doug does not pay me to promote his cues or even reward me for it, (if he did i would not accept). Doug's cues are superior to any cue i have ever tried, bar none. I am not promoting DOUG, i am promoting what i feel is the best cue. The fact that he is a personal friend has no bearing on my reviews of his cues, I am too honest a person to promote friends if thier product is not superior to everyone else. Sorry if i went on a little there, but i took a little offence to that.

As far as getting a foster for this girl, yes its the plan in the future. But how about you try convincing someone to spend $400 on their first cue. Did you spend $400 on your first cue? It is a small Price, for us educated pool players, to pay to get a superior quality cue. $400 is a 266% increase from $150. Think outside the addicted poolplayer box PLEASE.

Jack Flanagan makes cues i think, but you don't see him recommending his Superior cue @ $500. Stick to my details outlined PLEASE people, I'll even up the price to $200 canadian $155 USD to help you guys out. I am doing the work myself and looking, I'm not trying to get everyone else to do the work for me, its just a little tough but i know it can be done.

I honestly would never spend less than about $400 on a cue for myself to play with, unless i was getting a steal of course (scruggs sneaky $350, blud sneaky $175 (on ebay right now.)

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 02:14 PM
OK, uncle jack, I give up... :D

least you didn't get angry at me,,,LOL

seriously, my daughter has one of these cues,,,66" long with the extension & wow will it ever break with that extra weight on the butt,,,I've used it several times to show non-believers how it splits a rack,,,,I know the extension is for extra reach, but it breaks super with it on it,,, :cool:

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Please do not take this the wrong way. But I am so confused here.

How much is a plain jane by Forster. I would imagine not too much because he is pretty new. So, may be $400 or so? For an extra $250, you would rather get a production cue from a discount store then to get one custom made by this buddy of yours whom you cannot stop promoting? I just don't get it...

If you really believe in a Forster cue, shouldn't you support his business and refer him to your friends?

What confuses me is pretty for a girl vs pretty for a guy. for instance I think this (http://www.missouri.edu/~richardsonz/Skip_Weston/BurlForearm02_Small.jpg) is pretty for a guy or a girl, although it is considerably out of the price range. :D

landshark77
04-11-2005, 02:21 PM
It makes you wonder if they would refuse my money if I wanted to buy one...lol.

You should try it Zack...I got your back if they say no. :D However, you may wanna be concerned about how the boys at the PH will treat you! :eek: When they say sissy stick in the case, they probably aren't refering to the bridge, lmao!

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
What confuses me is pretty for a girl vs pretty for a guy. for instance I think this (http://www.missouri.edu/~richardsonz/Skip_Weston/BurlForearm02_Small.jpg) is pretty for a guy or a girl, although it is considerably out of the price range. :D
And how do we know what he thinks is girl pretty is actually girl pretty for the girl?

fxskater
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM

I dunno maybe it is not a girl/guy thing but more of a poolplayer/nonpoolplayer thing. I think you guys are getting what i mean though. What i define as 'Girl Pretty' generally is only viewed as nice by the owner for the first 6 months, then they slowly make thier transition to being a Poolplayer from a Person that plays pool. After this transition they can appreciate what a Real (http://www.fostercues.com/files/DSC02243.JPG) cue looks like, and how UGLY the original 'Pretty' cue was.

(Another shameless Foster Plug)

EDIT: The transition to a Poolplayer has nothing to do with skill, just outlook and appreciation.

Purdman
04-11-2005, 02:27 PM

Hey Rackin_ Zack, at $200 I will take 20 of them. Where do I send my $4,000?
When can I expect shipment? Could ya maybe kick in a soft case.
Purdman :D

fxskater
04-11-2005, 02:28 PM
If you wanna pay $40,000 for 20 $200 cues you can send the money to ME :D

If im feeling generous that day i might even give you 20 $300 cues for $40,000, but they wont be Skip Westons.

MrLucky
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Post a link to a single Decent Cue that i can get $150 CDN ($120 usd landed). Noone has posted anything in my range yet. Again, it has to be 'Girl Pretty' flowers or purple or pink not 'Guy Pretty' with inlays and points and such. Everyone has posted the type of cues im looking for, just not the price range. I am sure if we put our heads together we can find something on Ebay, or at a discount billiard outlet.
:D or you are just not industrious enough to do your own work? well if you do a search for McDermott you will find some under $150 their entry lines are 159 and you can expect with the proper due diligence a 25- 30% online discount! if that is still too much for ya heres a cue a friend of mine bought its not a McDermott but she loves it! look I got the link for you too!;-) (http://frankscenterinc.com/wvss/product_info.php?products_id=222) :D

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
I dunno maybe it is not a girl/guy thing but more of a poolplayer/nonpoolplayer thing. I think you guys are getting what i mean though. What i define as 'Girl Pretty' generally is only viewed as nice by the owner for the first 6 months, then they slowly make thier transition to being a Poolplayer from a Person that plays pool. After this transition they can appreciate what a Real (http://www.fostercues.com/files/DSC02243.JPG) cue looks like, and how UGLY the original 'Pretty' cue was.

(Another shameless Foster Plug)

EDIT: The transition to a Poolplayer has nothing to do with skill, just outlook and appreciation.

It depends actually. Your preception of a purple/flower/pink cue being "girl pretty" or "non-player-only-look-nice-for-the-first-6-month" cue is not entirely accurate. And the same goes for your idea of a real cue. Not to knock anything off, but everyone likes his/her cue a particular way.

If you want to make this girl happy, you need to know what she likes, not to assume anything. And once again, as a girl, I hate it if someone gives me a cheap purple/flower/pink cue as a gift. it doesn't matter whether I can play pool or not.

Then again, your "real" cue probably will not impress me much either. Not to say that there is anything wrong with your favorite cue, but I am a different person and I may not share your taste. Hence my emphasis on listening to her and try to know what she likes.

Rodney
04-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I purchased a used Mcdermott cue off e-bay a while ago. It was green with a green wrap, and I only paid $85 shipped. Do a search for Mcdermott on e-bay, and be patient, something will come up.

Rod

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey Rackin_ Zack, at $200 I will take 20 of them. Where do I send my $40,000?
When can I expect shipment? Could ya maybe kick in a soft case.
Purdman :D
Purdman,
Let me get on the horn to Skip and I'll take you up on the $40,000 offer for 20 cues like mine! However, since I'm honest I have to tell you that 20 X $200 = $4,000! :D Let me know if you're still interested, in the $40,000 deal that is...lol.

It just goes to show you that an order of magnitude in either direction makes quite a bit of difference.

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 03:00 PM
...After this transition they can appreciate what a Real (http://www.fostercues.com/files/DSC02243.JPG) cue looks like, and how UGLY the original 'Pretty' cue was.

Are you insinuating that my Skip Weston isn't a "Real" cue? The Foster is nice looking and all, but my Skip ain't peanuts...lol!

k-carson
04-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I would tell her if she wants to take the game serious and to the next level
her next step is to apreciate that a less than pretty cue that plays great is a beautiful thing and a pretty cue that plays mediocre is butt ugly

give the old line about inner beauty

Purdman
04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Purdman,
Let me get on the horn to Skip and I'll take you up on the $40,000 offer for 20 cues like mine! However, since I'm honest I have to tell you that 20 X $200 = $4,000! :D Let me know if you're still interested, in the $40,000 deal that is...lol.

It just goes to show you that an order of magnitude in either direction makes quite a bit of difference.

OOPS, that must be what they call a typo!!!
Purdman
Now how bout them cues.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 03:17 PM
It depends actually. Your preception of a purple/flower/pink cue being "girl pretty" or "non-player-only-look-nice-for-the-first-6-month" cue is not entirely accurate. And the same goes for your idea of a real cue. Not to knock anything off, but everyone likes his/her cue a particular way.

If you want to make this girl happy, you need to know what she likes, not to assume anything. And once again, as a girl, I hate it if someone gives me a cheap purple/flower/pink cue as a gift. it doesn't matter whether I can play pool or not.

Then again, your "real" cue probably will not impress me much either. Not to say that there is anything wrong with your favorite cue, but I am a different person and I may not share your taste. Hence my emphasis on listening to her and try to know what she likes.

Can you put me out of the peckerwood asshole catergorie looking to get laid, and put me into the Discussed with girl and got a general idea of what she was looking for and tried to describe it as politely as i could even though it is not something i would want for myself catergory? I realize my 'Real' cue isnt for everyone but I'll tell you that if you had that 'Real' cue in your hands and hit with it that it would be on your Top 10 of ultimate feeling cues no matter how you like your hit to feel or your cue too loook.

Just like a girl to chime in on everything possible to do with the post except the damn MEAT AND POTATOES

FXSKaTeR, getting frustrated deffending himself.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I purchased a used Mcdermott cue off e-bay a while ago. It was green with a green wrap, and I only paid $85 shipped. Do a search for Mcdermott on e-bay, and be patient, something will come up.

Rod

That was my plan from the beggining, but generally 1 in 10 are 'Pretty' to the spec i described, if only she was blind.

Rodney
04-11-2005, 03:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7147343174&rd=1

fxskater
04-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I would tell her if she wants to take the game serious and to the next level
her next step is to apreciate that a less than pretty cue that plays great is a beautiful thing and a pretty cue that plays mediocre is butt ugly

give the old line about inner beauty

I have, but at the end of the conversation pretty still comes up.

Are you insinuating that my Skip Weston isn't a "Real" cue? The Foster is nice looking and all, but my Skip ain't peanuts...lol!

Don't get me wrong, i would do anything for that cue. As far as funstion goes I've found my hit, as far as beauty goes whos better, DeVinci, Monet, Michaelangelo? (i dont waste effort with spelling on forums) Which is prettier, Cancun or Hawaii? Whats better the Roof of the Cistine Chapel or The Mona Lisa? Are you catching my drift?

There are many styles of painting, short quick strokes, long swooping, etc (coming from a admitted ART moron that knows nothing about it in the least)

There may be a hit on a cue that SUITS ME better than a Foster, i have not found it yet. Dougs hit is not better than anyones or worse, same with Weston, Schrager, Hercek (although i havent tried these) in my opinion, it just Fits ME.

If there were a Mercedes and a BMW with the Same horespower, speed, suspension, price and general quality, which one is better? I dunno but I'll take the Mercedes.

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
OOPS, that must be what they call a typo!!!
Purdman
Now how bout them cues.

Sure, send me a $20,000 money order now and I'll have them to you in about a year and a half, probably. You can pay the remaining $20,000 on delivery. Hell, I'll even hand deliver them to you and buy you a steak dinner and a few rounds of drinks from your restaurant and bar of choice!

DaveK
04-11-2005, 03:34 PM
That was my plan from the beggining, but generally 1 in 10 are 'Pretty' to the spec i described, if only she was blind.

Maybe one of these ?? :

http://www.cuestore.ca/groups/actath.html

It's in the price range ($150 Canadian) and might be classified as 'pretty', I dunno :confused:

Dave

mjantti
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
I have a cue already, but I'm looking for a matching girl for it :p

I tried to go through some of the respectable production cues, but couldn't find anything for $120. I'm sure that for instance McDermott's wildlife series would suit her fine, but they are near the $200 barrier...

fxskater
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
I think I'm done looking, those Action cues fit the bill if my other plan doesnt work out. Stix4Sale PM in your box.

Purdman
04-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Sure, send me a $20,000 money order now and I'll have them to you in about a year and a half, probably. You can pay the remaining $20,000 on delivery. Hell, I'll even hand deliver them to you and buy you a steak dinner and a few rounds of drinks from your restaurant and bar of choice!

Hey Zack, I fixed it man. That be $4,000. I will buy the steak and lobster dinner. That be one nice looking cue you got there.
Purdman

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Can you put me out of the peckerwood asshole catergorie looking to get laid, and put me into the Discussed with girl and got a general idea of what she was looking for and tried to describe it as politely as i could even though it is not something i would want for myself catergory? I realize my 'Real' cue isnt for everyone but I'll tell you that if you had that 'Real' cue in your hands and hit with it that it would be on your Top 10 of ultimate feeling cues no matter how you like your hit to feel or your cue too loook.

Just like a girl to chime in on everything possible to do with the post except the damn MEAT AND POTATOES

FXSKaTeR, getting frustrated deffending himself.

Don't get so defensive because I said I might not like your "real" cue, believe me, I will not be the only one. There are many different people liking many different types of cues in this world. I have met guys who did not Gina, Southwest...etc...If you want to defend your buddy everytime someone says something about his cues, you will get more than frustrated real soon...

For the record, I never said I did not like your cue; I have never tried it so I don't know. I seriously doubt if it will be on my top ten list; nonetheless, I had never tried it so it is possible. I did not attack this buddy of yours whom you love to promote every chance you get.

Anyway, in this case, you do not want to support your buddy's cues...you are looking to get a cheap cue off the Internet, and you do not even want to put in the time to find one yourself--that is why you started this thread. Am I right?

Tiff<--no idea why he felt he was in the "peckerwood asshole catergorie looking to get laid"

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Fxskater,

I do know where you are coming from. I was just razzing you a bit...lol. To be perfectly honest, I have not hit with all that many different types of cues. I have played with Dufferin, Mali, Huebler, Meucci, Bludworth (few hits), Dale Perry, Andy Gilbert, and Skip Weston. I ordered my first Skip solely on hearsay and aesthetics! For my money, a cue has to hit well and be pretty at the same time. However, for the type of money that I'm paying, or have paid, I would expect the good hit to be a given...lol.

mjantti
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
If she likes red (duh):
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/mali/mali_f-1_pool_cue.htm

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey Zack, I fixed it man. That be $4,000. I will buy the steak and lobster dinner. That be one nice looking cue you got there.
Purdman

What about the KY, you buying that too?! With that deal I'd need some...lol. I love my cue and I can't wait to see how the next cue Skip is working on for me comes out! I also have a custom Gilbert J/B and an ER coming that I'll be proud to show some pics of when they come in.

Rackin_Zack
04-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I got an ER comming too. You heard from Edwin lately?
Don P.

You won't need no KY buddy. Big Wally's best days have come and gone. I am 55. They asked Bob Hope what it was like having sex at 90. He said it was like playing pool with a rope. I think I know what he meant!

Lmao...that was a great quote.

I actually did hear from Edwin and he said that he's going to be coming to the states in July so I would assume that we'd all be getting our cues sometime shortly thereafter.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
This is my last responce to you. I have said nothing that resembled a negative comment to you. I read alot of your posts and if you like to waste your time chiming in with cutesy things and trying to play headgames with someone genuinly looking for information that is your business. You will not waste anymore of my time.

Don't get so defensive because I said I might not like your "real" cue, believe me, I will not be the only one. There are many different people liking many different types of cues in this world. I have met guys who did not Gina, Southwest...etc...If you want to defend your buddy everytime someone says something about his cues, you will get more than frustrated real soon...
For the record, I never said I did not like your cue; I have never tried it so I don't know. I seriously doubt if it will be on my top ten list; nonetheless, I had never tried it so it is possible. I did not attack this buddy of yours whom you love to promote every chance you get.

When someone jumps up saying How much the like thier new Andy Gilbert, or Skip Weston i don't make it a point to specify that it is actually not the nicest cue i have ever seen. I try and keep my posts POSITIVE and not argumentative. Not everyone has to like it. How can you seriously DOUBT it will not be in your top ten. Are foster cues low grade? I Here nothing but positive things from people using them, and i form my own opinions based on practical application or trial and error.

Anyway, in this case, you do not want to support your buddy's cues...you are looking to get a cheap cue off the Internet, and you do not even want to put in the time to find one yourself--that is why you started this thread. Am I right?

Tiff<--no idea why he felt he was in the "peckerwood asshole catergorie looking to get laid"

No of course I'm not looking to support my friend, anyone with grade 3 reading ability can read that i stated i support his WELL PLAYING CUES, not the man himself. I have friends that do manufacture things that i think are lousy products and other people think god dropped these products from the sky, do i promote them? NO. I am an honest person. If someone tells me they wanna spend $150 i don't tell them No, Fpster is the only option. Foster is not even my only option. Just because i support a product does not make it the ONLY PRODUCT. My constant Plugging for Doug may skew other people views of my INTENTION, but i assure you i am a CUE fan and a FOSTER fan. Are cue collectors only allowd to sell collect and promote thier Favorite Cuemaker? Am i doing an injustice not trying to UP someones cue budget 266%? I'm sorry, but i see no reason for you attacking me other than this F*&%ing post here. My intent: Show how childish, unattentive, and confrontational you CHOOSE to be. Please don't bother me with any more of your BULLS*&T.

EDIT: One more thing i forgot to mention. Girls can play POOL well! Better than men? Sure lots of them can. I am not challenging your ability to play or hers. It was probably a poor selection of words to make a Man cue Girl Cue comparrison and for that im sorry. I lose/win just as well with both genders, i base my expectations and dissapointments on skill level not gender.

fxskater
04-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Fxskater,

I do know where you are coming from. I was just razzing you a bit...lol. To be perfectly honest, I have not hit with all that many different types of cues. I have played with Dufferin, Mali, Huebler, Meucci, Bludworth (few hits), Dale Perry, Andy Gilbert, and Skip Weston. I ordered my first Skip solely on hearsay and aesthetics! For my money, a cue has to hit well and be pretty at the same time. However, for the type of money that I'm paying, or have paid, I would expect the good hit to be a given...lol.

I know what you meant, somehow i can judge intent better with male posters. I love the ribbing as much as anyone, but be careful i can Dish em with the best.

Purdman
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I would think that you would try a Dufferin cue. They have some nice 2 peice cues in that price range. There really isn't much out there worth anything at that price. Perhaps I could wholesale you a Lucassi.
Purdman

landshark77
04-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I know what you meant, somehow i can judge intent better with male posters...

How can you actually tell who is male or female on the internet unless they actually post their name or come strait out and say, "Hey, I'm a chick." (<-see Drivermaker, I'm no feminist, lol)??? :confused: Even then how do you know they aren't lying??? :confused:

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
well, sharky,,,when I was a little girl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LMAO

just yanking your chain,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 07:28 PM
This is my last responce to you. I have said nothing that resembled a negative comment to you. I read alot of your posts and if you like to waste your time chiming in with cutesy things and trying to play headgames with someone genuinly looking for information that is your business. You will not waste anymore of my time.

You asked a question, I responed...did I call you any name, did I say any of your post is B&*(shi*? I cannot see why you get so defensive other than the fact that i said i do not personally like you so-called "real" cue. Do I have to like it? You remind me of Fast Larry... ;)

When someone jumps up saying How much the like thier new Andy Gilbert, or Skip Weston i don't make it a point to specify that it is actually not the nicest cue i have ever seen.

Have you seen a skip? I remember your post in the jumping cue section. Everyone was saying how they liked their jacoby, or Jerry Jerico...then you posted and you started by say, "you are all wrong"...then you went on and basically said that a forster is the best, period... I can look up the post and put a link for you to refresh your memory. It seems very inconsistent with what you are saying here about you not jumping up...

I try and keep my posts POSITIVE and not argumentative. Not everyone has to like it. How can you seriously DOUBT it will not be in your top ten.

If you seriously believe "not everyone has to like it," then why are you so mad that i said i doubt if I would...(I did not say I didn't like it, I just said i doubt if I would...)

Because I have tried so many cues and my top ten list is full. Once again, why are you so offended, I am not trying to dismiss or belittle your buddy here...relax, will you?

i doubt if I will like his cue, but that does not mean i am saying he is bad or inferior. I like Gina, Cognoscenti, Ed Prewitt, Southwest, Mike Bender, Szamboti, Tim Scruggs, Skip, Black Boar, Perry, Paul Drexler, Layani, Krensenbrook...etc...tell me where I should put your buddy'd name...will you just calm down, and relax?

Are foster cues low grade? I Here nothing but positive things from people using them, and i form my own opinions based on practical application or trial and error.

Did I say it is low grade? Did anyone say it is low grade? I do not know what grade it is, like I said, I have never seen one...Is that OK that someone outside of your 15000 town has never seen a Forster cue, and do not care much to see it?

No of course I'm not looking to support my friend, anyone with grade 3 reading ability can read that i stated i support his WELL PLAYING CUES, not the man himself.

If you can read so well, could you please point out to me where did I say "support your friend"--I said in my post,"you are not looking to support your buddy's cues here..." it is right in your quote, just a line above what you typed about grade three reading ability...

I'm sorry, but i see no reason for you attacking me other than this F*&%ing post here. My intent: Show how childish, unattentive, and confrontational you CHOOSE to be. Please don't bother me with any more of your BULLS*&T.

Again, when did i attack you? Did i call your post a F%^&*(ng post? Did I call you childish, unattentive, and confrontational, or call you post a waste of my time and a bunch of Bull&*(t? Like you have to me?

Can you just relax?

EDIT: One more thing i forgot to mention. Girls can play POOL well! Better than men? Sure lots of them can. I am not challenging your ability to play or hers. It was probably a poor selection of words to make a Man cue Girl Cue comparrison and for that im sorry. I lose/win just as well with both genders, i base my expectations and dissapointments on skill level not gender.

I know that. You are welcome to challenge my ability BTW... :D

I was trying in all honestly to help you. I tried to tell you not to assume anything and to talk to your friend to find out what she likes...

I tried to tell you to take it easy when someone is not crazy about this forster cue as much as you do...because seriously, you can't make everyone like you, or your buddy, or his cues...and you got so offended that you had to call me names...

O well...too bad I wont be coming to your part of town in the near future. Since i do not like to waste my time either, if I ever come by, I will PM you so you can get your money ready and I will play you a few sets. Will the eight ball be enough of a spot for you?

Tiffany

recoveryjones
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Damn it Tiff, I can't help myself.The way you put up I fight and got toe to toe with the guys does nothing but increase my love for you everyday. :D RJ

DaveK
04-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Damn it Tiff, I can't help myself.The way you put up I fight and got toe to toe with the guys does nothing but increase my love for you everyday. :D RJ

Don'cha just love the way one says "Foster" and the other says "Forster" :D

Dave, stirring, stirring ...

landshark77
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM

Oh, boys.........when are you gonna learn that us girls ALWAYS win?? :D :D :D

DaveK
04-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Oh, boys.........when are you gonna learn that us girls ALWAYS win?? :D :D :D

In my world there is only ONE girl that always wins ...

Dave

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Foster...> Fxster...> Fxskter...> Fxskater... :confused:

Dave, let me give you a hand with the stirring... ;) OMG! :eek: I think the pot is burning!!! :eek: :eek:

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 08:58 PM
y'all calm down now, it's not quite time for your meds yet,,,'nother 30 minutes and the nurse will bring your Klonipin and Prozac around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unkle doctor jackie can't have y'all gettin' upset now,,,,,,,LMFAO,,,,,

jes' playin' kids,,,it's late ,,,we all need a laugh now and then,,,,

recoveryjones
04-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Dave

Oh my God, you poor soul Dave. Don't tell me your married
:D

Only kidding :p and perhaps a little jealous.RJ

ps. Excellent job on the stirring factor.

Tiffpoolbum
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
y'all calm down now, it's not quite time for your meds yet,,,'nother 30 minutes and the nurse will bring your Klonipin and Prozac around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unkle doctor jackie can't have y'all gettin' upset now,,,,,,,LMFAO,,,,,

jes' playin' kids,,,it's late ,,,we all need a laugh now and then,,,,

Uncle Jackie, u are the best. We could always use a laugh!!! ;)

Jack Flanagan
04-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I took it all myself, chile',,,,,klonipin is the way to go,,,just look at Ozzy Ozborne !

KBP
04-12-2005, 07:11 AM

Check out the Fury line of cues. Good cue. Hits solid. Good price. The price depends on whether there are decals or inlays. They start around $115 (retail)and have some very nice ones that ladies seem to like. If you need to contact them check out their website at www.sterling-gaming.com. Any questions feel free to contact me. I own KBP Fury Amateur 9-Ball tour. 877-328-7449. I'll be glad to help you.

DaveK
04-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh my God, you poor soul Dave. Don't tell me your married
:D

Yes, AND it was her idea to get a pool table 10 years ago to keep the teenagers in the house a bit more ! Of course that didn't work, and it had nothing to do with me chasing them off ... honest !

Dave

PS, to keep this on-thread a bit, fxskater have you considered suggesting a sneaky pete to this girl ? I think they are pretty. Dufferin Shadows are less than $100 Canadian and play very well (stiff as hell, they have a pretty constant taper in the shaft like a one piece house cue).

hadjcues
04-12-2005, 11:45 AM
This is 'GIRL PRETTY" for me... I won't be caught dead playing with it though :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/hadjcues/pinkivorycue.jpg
PINK IVORY - MADAGSCAR BOIS DE ROSE HANDLE

KBP
04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Fury just put out a sneaky pete with diamond inlays that some of the women on my amateur tour really like. That's a good suggestion for a sneaky pete. I'm thinking since you wanted something pretty for your love then that might be the ticket.
Kay

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Must be getting old or at least senile,,,,didn't read anywhere that she was his "love",,,that is too far an assumption to make with the posts here,,,

when ya got nuthin' to say nice about something (Fury cues), it's best to say nuthin' at all,,,SO, I'll be quiet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

KBP
04-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Must be getting old or at least senile,,,,didn't read anywhere that she was his "love",,,that is too far an assumption to make with the posts here,,,

when ya got nuthin' to say nice about something (Fury cues), it's best to say nuthin' at all,,,SO, I'll be quiet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He said they were married so I assume that is his love....at least if he married her she should be. I love my Fury cue. Good solid hit, no problems with it at all just wish I could shot better. Shot just a lousy with my other stick too.
Kay

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 08:55 PM
He said they were married so I assume that is his love....at least if he married her she should be. I love my Fury cue. Good solid hit, no problems with it at all just wish I could shot better. Shot just a lousy with my other stick too.
Kay

called myself reading the whole thread,,,no mention of marriage caught my eye,,,sorry

landshark77
04-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Good solid hit, no problems with it at all just wish I could shot better. Shot just a lousy with my other stick too.

Maybe it's the eyes??? :confused:

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Maybe it's the eyes??? :confused:

went back and read his posts again,,,,nuthin' 'bout 'em bein' hitched,,,,must be in a pm to 'Fury fan'

landshark77
04-12-2005, 09:05 PM
went back and read his posts again,,,,nuthin' 'bout 'em bein' hitched,,,,must be in a pm to 'Fury fan'

Geez Jack, you keep re-reading this thread you might actually pass the quiz! :p

I wasn't talking about your eyes, lol. :eek:

KBP
04-12-2005, 09:12 PM

Dave

We girls always win. Not just one but all of us girls win.

KBP
04-12-2005, 09:30 PM

I understand the price issue. I am suggesting a Fury cue and they start at $115 and go up depending on the type you get. The $115 range has decals and they the price goes up from there with some having decals and inlays and some just inlays. Go to this website and check it out http://www.cuesight.com/ and make your decision from there.
Kay

DaveK
04-13-2005, 10:49 AM
We girls always win. Not just one but all of us girls win.

Not in my world ... and not in Martha Burkes either :D

Dave