PDA

View Full Version : Another match report from Finland

mjantti
04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Last Sunday we had our Finnish team Championships and our team from Helsinki was against another team in the finals. A brief explanation: 3 players on each team and team members can decide who plays 8-ball, 9-ball and 14.1.

Anyway, we were crushed in the finals. Our team member Markus Juva (played WPC 2004) had only one inning to score in his 14.1 match against Aki Heiskanen (a tough player) and Heiskanen proceeded to run 75-out. 9-ball match with our team player called Sampo Eronen was quite even, but was never finished because we lost 2 out of 3 matches and lost the final. Well, I played 8-ball against another tough player Mikko Mattila and here's our match listed in innings:

1. I won the lag, broke and nothing went down
2. Mattila runs the remaining balls and another 6 racks from the snap, but comes up empty on the 8th rack. Score 7-0.
3. I clear the table, and proceed to make another break & run, but can't get any balls down from my 3rd break. Score 7-2.
4. Mattila clears the table and wins 8-2.

That would have equaled Accu-Stats average of 1.000 for both players :p

Sigh, sometimes you really feel when you've been hit by a freight train...

Nostroke
04-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Last Sunday we had our Finnish team Championships and our team from Helsinki was against another team in the finals. A brief explanation: 3 players on each team and team members can decide who plays 8-ball, 9-ball and 14.1.

Anyway, we were crushed in the finals. Our team member Markus Juva (played WPC 2004) had only one inning to score in his 14.1 match against Aki Heiskanen (a tough player) and Heiskanen proceeded to run 75-out. 9-ball match with our team player called Sampo Eronen was quite even, but was never finished because we lost 2 out of 3 matches and lost the final. Well, I played 8-ball against another tough player Mikko Mattila and here's our match listed in innings:

1. I won the lag, broke and nothing went down
2. Mattila runs the remaining balls and another 6 racks from the snap, but comes up empty on the 8th rack. Score 7-0.
3. I clear the table, and proceed to make another break & run, but can't get any balls down from my 3rd break. Score 7-2.
4. Mattila clears the table and wins 8-2.

That would have equaled Accu-Stats average of 1.000 for both players :p

Sigh, sometimes you really feel when you've been hit by a freight train...

Sometimes nothing you can do. But important thing is you shot well- Your time will come.