PDA

View Full Version : Who here shoots in Staten Island ?

cheemagun
04-11-2005, 04:28 PM
when and where ?

cheemagun
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
i guess nobody lol

Timberly
04-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I've got a friend that lives there that I visit sometimes. They hang out at mug shots which is the only place I've played with the exception of one other place that I can not remember the name of. All I know is they have approx six 9 footers and when you walk in the door, the bar is on the left wall. It's in a small strip mall that has one or two other places in it and there's a 7-11 or something like that on the corner. It's not far off of the veterans pkwy. I've only been there once (and I was really drunk) but I plan to go back in when I go back to visit.

lukeinva
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I've got a friend that lives there that I visit sometimes. They hang out at mug shots which is the only place I've played with the exception of one other place that I can not remember the name of. All I know is they have approx six 9 footers and when you walk in the door, the bar is on the left wall. It's in a small strip mall that has one or two other places in it and there's a 7-11 or something like that on the corner. It's not far off of the veterans pkwy. I've only been there once (and I was really drunk) but I plan to go back in when I go back to visit.

Are you going to get really drunk again??

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi there,
I received an email of this post,I dont normally write on this forum-I'm from Staten Island and if I were to shoot here, it would probably be at "House of Billiards" on Wave St.,but,its quicker for me to go to Tiff's place in Sayreville,NJ, "Prime Time"-11 minutes to Jersey or 45 minutes across SI. :confused:
If I can be of any help, just let me know!
Oh, and I believe the name of the place the other poster mentioned was "Beer&Billiards" which is now called "Unique Lounge?"
And I just want to give a shout out to 'JAM!" :p
Carol

Timberly
04-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Are you going to get really drunk again??
Of course!! LOL, if I'm not driving and I'm out of town to have a good time and get away from work & everyday life... you better believe it!! :D Actually, I had been up almost 24 hrs and had some beverages through out the night... I wasn't really all that drunk, just more tired than anything but I won't deny having quite a few fermented beverages that evening!

Carol, Beer & Billiards was the name. Thank you. Do you know if it still has the same owner? I shot with him while I was there... nice guy, kinda younger. I know this is going to come as a shocker but I don't remember his name! :D Remembering names is not my strong point.

:cool:

cheemagun
04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
just asking cuz i found a practice room for myself in si since i go to the island a lot. 2.50 an hour black and silver gold crown 4's simonis cloth cant go wrong.

cheemagun
04-12-2005, 07:19 AM
yes i said 2.50 an hour ! racks in queens charges 9 for the same tables

chefjeff
04-12-2005, 07:43 AM
(snip) nice guy, kinda younger. I know this is going to come as a shocker but I don't remember his name! :D Remembering names is not my strong point.

:cool:

People ask me how I remember names so well and I tell them it's that Sam Carnagie course I took. :p

Showing my age... :rolleyes:

Jeff Livingston

landshark77
04-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi there,
I received an email of this post,I dont normally write on this forum-I'm from Staten Island and if I were to shoot here, it would probably be at "House of Billiards" on Wave St.,but,its quicker for me to go to Tiff's place in Sayreville,NJ, "Prime Time"-11 minutes to Jersey or 45 minutes across SI. :confused:
Oh, and I believe the name of the place the other poster mentioned was "Beer&Billiards" which is now called "Unique Lounge?"
Carol
What is this??? :confused: I was gonna say Yay for you for posting over here...keep coming back...but right now my feelings are hurt because I got no shout out! :mad: For shame!! :mad: :mad:

:p :D ;)

landshark77
04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
People ask me how I remember names so well and I tell them it's that Sam Carnagie course I took. :p

Showing my age... :rolleyes:

Jeff Livingston

Jeff, that is too funny! You see, Jeff, I too took that class and Jeff, it didn't do me a bit of good. :p :p :p

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey there,
Sorry it took so long for response-I dont have access to the computer sometimes (HS/College daughters)-yes, I believe the same owner-I know the Mom&Dad (Mr./Mrs D'Angelo) and their son ,Joe-maybe thats who you mighta played with!
Nice chatting with you!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Can you share the name?
2.50 aint bad!
Good for you!
Carol

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Let me send a HUGE "TRL SHOUTOUT" to LANDSHARK!
I apologize,girl-
see ya!

Carol

Jude Rosenstock
04-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi there,
Carol

House of Billiards? Is that formerly All-Star Billiards? The one near the old Navy yard?

Jude Rosenstock
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
when and where ?

I'll be at Port Richmond Billiards later on this month for a Tri-State tournament. I haven't been there in years but I've always had good things to say about the place. Clean & decent equipment.

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes,Jude-Tonys been there (I held my FDNY charity there)-when you see him,mention it-its really nice,NOW!Easy access from Verranzano!
New owners!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
I just might pop up there and say "hey!"
Carol

landshark77
04-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Let me send a HUGE "TRL SHOUTOUT" to LANDSHARK!
I apologize,girl-
see ya!

Carol

YEAH BABY!!!!

(Next time I best not have to ask for it...you understand???) :p ;) :D

cheemagun
04-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Can you share the name?
2.50 aint bad!
Good for you!
Carol

ill share the name. but i dont remeber it. next time i go ill get the name and everything and post it here :)

Nostroke
04-13-2005, 07:30 AM
when and where ?

Ok that is a bit poisonal but it's been a while so ill tell youse.

I did two drive-bys there in the mid nineties.

who's askin?

cheemagun
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I'll be at Port Richmond Billiards later on this month for a Tri-State tournament. I haven't been there in years but I've always had good things to say about the place. Clean & decent equipment.

did you go to soho back in the 90's ?

Jude Rosenstock
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
did you go to soho back in the 90's ?

All the time! Do I know you?

cheemagun
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
All the time! Do I know you?

yea i think so. because i dont know any other Jude LOL.

if its you, we used to play all the time when we sucked. like for 10 and 20 for time and shit. I think i ran into you at amsterdam east too.