PDA

View Full Version : Garage & Estate Sale Finds. Poll & Billards RELATED?

Bruce S. de Lis
04-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Anyone do the Garage Sale & Estate Sale thing for entertainment. I was curious if you ever found any REAL POOL RELATED TREASURES, that you purchase for next to nothing? ;)

hustlefinger
04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Anyone do the Garage Sale & Estate Sale thing for entertainment. I was curious if you ever found any REAL POOL RELATED TREASURES, that you purchase for next to nothing? ;)

A fellow poolplayer bought a four point Bludworth for $20 at one.

I think every now and then one finds a super deal, but they are few and far between. You could also try flea markets and pawn shops.

Rick

rukiddingme
04-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I've gone garage sales, thrifting, estate sales for 25 years and regretably I do not have an interesting pool story to tell.
ruk

macguy
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Pretty much, never. I did once go to look at a table and found two Willie Hoppi cues in the rack. Leather wrap and everything perfect. I wasn't interested in the table but bought the two cues for $40.00. Have bought quite a few paintings for nothing at garage sales. Two months we got a R.C. Gorman for $50.00. Worth at least $1500. to $2000. You have to wonder where these people end up with this stuff and have no idea what it is.