PDA

View Full Version : Cue Shipping

sealgirl
04-12-2005, 11:07 AM
A friend of mine is currently stationed overseas in the Middle East. She evidently has access to a pool table there and has asked for a cue to be sent to her. Do any of you all have any suggestions or advice regarding shipping a cue overseas to military personnel? Considering the job she's doing, there's no way I'm gonna turn down the request, but I'd like to do what I can to insure she gets the cue intact so she can enjoy whenever she can.

Thanks.

landshark77
04-12-2005, 11:17 AM
A friend of mine is currently stationed overseas in the Middle East. She evidently has access to a pool table there and has asked for a cue to be sent to her. Do any of you all have any suggestions or advice regarding shipping a cue overseas to military personnel? Considering the job she's doing, there's no way I'm gonna turn down the request, but I'd like to do what I can to insure she gets the cue intact so she can enjoy whenever she can.

Thanks.

My advice would be to get it there as quickly as possible...no matter the cost. You surely don't want the cue being exposed to varying temperatures and moisture for an indefinite period of time. I would also advise that maybe a simple cue...maybe a sneaky or a plain jane...be sent, thus even when exposed to varying conditions there won't be any inlay or joint ring movement that may occur with fancier cues. I would also pack it in a hard cue case...maybe a Porper at least, and then wrap it up well and put it in a shipping tube. This is not professional advice; it is only what I would do. I would imagine actual cuebuilders could respond better.

Black-Balled
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Good words words from LS the only thing I would change is the case. no need to send a case that is worth as much as the cue. I would send cue wrapped in foam tubes in a mailing tube and squish a soft case in there too. Whth the fat mailing tube and rolled newspaper swirled aroun the cue and foam.

landshark77
04-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Good words words from LS the only thing I would change is the case. no need to send a case that is worth as much as the cue. I would send cue wrapped in foam tubes in a mailing tube and squish a soft case in there too. Whth the fat mailing tube and rolled newspaper swirled aroun the cue and foam.

Eh, I was just recommending the case because IMO, the inside of the Proper case fits snuggly around the cue, thus maybe helping to prevent movement. I guess for some reason I feel without that snug fit there is more likelihood of the wood expansion/ contraction when exposed to the conditions oversea shipping is normally exposed to. Plus, IMO, the hard case would help protect the cue when the shipping guys are throwing it on the conveyers, dropping the package everywhere, and stacking other packages on top of it. Plus, if the package tears in transit the cue is just not hanging out.

sealgirl
04-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I just knew you all would come up with profound words of wisdom!! Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it to her intact.

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 12:14 PM
if you're near a military base, ask them,,,,or national guard,,,,or reserves,,,any military group may have a quick way to get it there,,,my local paper (MS) has a group of wives, etc. getting ready to send stuff over there (by military plane, I think),,,just a few suggestions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

macguy
04-12-2005, 12:21 PM

Thanks.
It is going to be shipped through an APO so you don't really have that much control. Just pack it well. It's funny, I have shipped a few things to Iraq. in the last year. Where the hell are they playing anyway?

sealgirl
04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm not exactly sure where she's camped out at. I don't ask and she doesn't say. She mentioned that she had access to a table with few cues available, but that it was troublesome to get one and she wanted one sent over. So . . . that's been my project . . . getting the cue and figuring out how to get it there in once piece.

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
just an aside,,,didn't think about this before, but a lot of the local guardsmen bought inexpensive cues and carried them to Irag when the local unit deployed,,,cues like players/action sneaky petes,,,plain cues,,,cheap decal cues, etc.

Rackin_Zack
04-12-2005, 12:58 PM
So . . . that's been my project . . . getting the cue and figuring out how to get it there in once piece.

This is just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you left it in two pieces! It'd definitely be easier to find a container to ship it in!! :D

Jon
04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
This is just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you left it in two pieces! It'd definitely be easier to find a container to ship it in!! :D
I can't believe i just read that Zack...... :D LOL

Rackin_Zack
04-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I can't believe i just read that Zack...... :D LOL

Yeah, I don't know what it is but I've been on a bit of a smarta$$ kick here as of late. :P Just trying to be funny...lol.

lord_shar
04-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Agreed with LS... I had my new cue overnight-expressed in a cheapie Action (Porper-style) hard case. I would also recommend using joint-protectors (if it hasn't already been mentioned somewhere above).

dooziexx
04-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Thanks.

It doesnt matter how fast you ship it coz if your friend is in the military, you'll have to ship it thru APO. Ive sold some cues to some soldier boyz in Iraq before. All you have to do is put their name, unit, and a special zip and it will get to them. You have no control on how fast it gets there. The cue I sold took a week to get there which is fast.....

Purdman
04-12-2005, 02:53 PM
How about we get together and send them a couple of cues. 2 peice Dufferins would be just fine. What ya think AZers? I can't think of a better way to say thanks.
Purdman

Purdman
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
You wonder why pool players have a bad rep? All they do is take, no give. That really pisses me off. People are dying for your ass!!!! Everyday folks!
A couple of cheep ass cues.
Purdman ( Thinking about giving it up )

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey, I'm outta business in two more weeks,,,already taken care of the locals,,,they all wanted cheap cues (sold them at cost, paid the tax myself) because they knew they would get lost, broken or stolen,,,no big loss if a $15 - $20 cue bit the dust,,, somehow they knew pool tables would already be at different stops along the way,,,

just my 2 cents worth,,,,,,,,

Jon
04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Gee Don,
You think you could give people more than an hour to post something?

Seesh...

Purdman
04-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Gee Don,
You think you could give people more than an hour to post something?

Seesh...

Sorry JoN, just ain't been my day. I got a raise today, you would think that would help. My wife saw me post that I had an ER cue ordered and went off.
I have been selling cues to pay for it. Seems like not saying anything about it is just as bad a lying about it. Been here before buddy. Tomorrow is another day. I am more than willing to buy a cue for the guys to play with. I just have a short fuse today.
Don P.

JoeyInCali
04-12-2005, 04:49 PM
OK, I'll donate $20 via Paypal if you get it together DP.
10 more people for $20 each, we should be set.

Purdman
04-12-2005, 04:59 PM

Cool Joey. I don't think they need more than a couple of 2 peice Dufferins. That is all I would need to have some fun over there. I will see what I can dig up.
Thanks, Don P.
Feeling better all the time!!!!!

Jon
04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Ohhh,
I can see why you were in a bad mood.
You need to tell her that AZB has shut down, and find someway to password protect entrance to this site from your PC.
:D
Just incase she thinks you are lying :D
Couldn't you have just blamed it on the "shine"? :D

JOEY
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
hey don, you head up the donations, and im in. i just posted in the wanted section because i was looking for a couple dufferins. sly has some for $80 apiece, maybe he'll cut us a break (hint hint). let me know how to send some cash. only one condition don, you must answer all questions that i post in the cuemakers section....hehe
take care,
joey

Shorty
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey Purdman,

Got any cues I can afford to buy? LOL

Love the case by the way...been given a lot of compliments on how nice it is, both the Whitten and the Porper.

Shorty

Barbara
04-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Count me in! It's a VERY small price to pay for anyone risking their lives for us to be comfortable at home.

Where do I send the $$?

Barbara

Purdman
04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I believe I can find someone to wholesale em to me. Maybe even donate em. I am working on it. Joey, any information I have is yours.
Don P.

DeadStrokeMan
04-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Thanks.

Hardware store - PVC Pipe with "caps" - I made a "shipping tube" with 6" PVC with bottom glued on and top "screws" on. You could drive a car over it. I put my entire case in it ($xpensive case).

Insure it - UPS :) - ...its still expensive to send ..but very safe.

Jersey
04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Cool Joey. I don't think they need more than a couple of 2 peice Dufferins. That is all I would need to have some fun over there. I will see what I can dig up.
Thanks, Don P.
Feeling better all the time!!!!!

DP...count me in for $20...via PayPal?...those are my boys & gals over there...USMC Recon 6yrs...OORAH!

macguy
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
You wonder why pool players have a bad rep? All they do is take, no give. That really pisses me off. People are dying for your ass!!!! Everyday folks!
Purdman ( Thinking about giving it up )

Don't be so quick to judge, one of the guys who ordered a cue later emailed me about sending them some chalk. I wrapped up a gross box along with my favorite jellybeans and sent them no charge. It is automatic you don't need a special plan.

Purdman
04-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Don't be so quick to judge, one of the guys who ordered a cue later emailed me about sending them some chalk. I wrapped up a gross box along with my favorite jellybeans and sent them no charge. It is automatic you don't need a special plan.

My friend, perhaps if you had read the entire thread, you wouldn't be so quick to judge yourself. Nobody is trying to be " SPECIAL " either. We all already are. I don't have to try.
Don P.

macguy
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
My friend, perhaps if you had read the entire thread, you wouldn't be so quick to judge yourself. Nobody is trying to be " SPECIAL " either. We all already are. I don't have to try.
Don P.
My responce was to this post.
"You wonder why pool players have a bad rep? All they do is take, no give. That really pisses me off. People are dying for your ass!!!! Everyday folks!
Purdman ( Thinking about giving it up )"
Sounds pretty judgmental. Regardless, I wish you luck with your venture.

Purdman
04-12-2005, 06:57 PM
My responce was to this post.
"You wonder why pool players have a bad rep? All they do is take, no give. That really pisses me off. People are dying for your ass!!!! Everyday folks!
Purdman ( Thinking about giving it up )"
Sounds pretty judgmental. Regardless, I wish you luck with your venture.

I don't have a venture or motive. You obviously do not know me. How about we start over.
I am Don. I am 55 and married with 1 son. I work for a living. I live in Virginia.
If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. It was nice meeting you. Thanks for helping our servicemen. I hope you have a great week.
Best Regards, Don Purdy ( The Real Deal )

Jack Flanagan
04-12-2005, 06:57 PM
put all the *****in' and flame throwin' aside,,,,some here have been in the armed forces, different times and places,,,,,,some 'wars' had support, some 'conflicts' didn't...

we too soon lose sight of the original intent of this thread,,,

I think fiberglass cues might survive over there better,,what's y'all's take on that idea ??

Hal
04-13-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm an ex marine and I did time in Okinawa Japan. Any pool cue will survive over there. As far as the shipping goes, Just ship it. It'll be OK.
Down the road at the Air Force base has some really nice tables. Where I was stationed had only one bar box.

I'll be more than happy to donate towards the cues. I also have a 1x1 case that I'll donate.

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 03:12 AM
How about we get together and send them a couple of cues. 2 peice Dufferins would be just fine. What ya think AZers? I can't think of a better way to say thanks.
Purdman

Mr. Purdman:

It is such a great gesture of you to support other people in need. You are right, a lot of people just take and never give. I am very impressed by your kindness and generosity.

So many people only think about themsleves or their own country--but you are right, we should try to give more often.

How about we also send some money to help the people in China? We can send them books, tapes, and foods. I am sure it would mean a lot to them.

I suggest we name this Purdman_Loves_China Charity(PLCC). And we can even promote pool into China, isn't that meaningful?

We need more people like you who think not only of yourself but others who are in need of our help and support.

You are a great example for all us pool players.

Thank you very much in advance.

jaz
04-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Purdman

Purdy,

Count me in for $20...

btw... are you still trying to sell the Frye? If so, send me a couple of pics, I might be able to talk the little lady in letting me pick up another cue...

jaz

sealgirl
04-13-2005, 06:31 AM
I jumped on the board this morning to check for the helpful shipping tidbits that I knew you all would have and cannot begin to express how touched I am at the consideration and thoughtfulness of the folks who post on this board. Its overwhelming! Zack -- I really got a chuckle out of the comment about keeping it in two-pieces -- too funny!!

I've sent an e-mail to my friend and hopefully will hear from her soon to get some info for Don about where to send the cues. I know they'll all appreciate it and be as touched as I am by the gesture.

You all are a phenomenal bunch of people!!

Thanks!

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
We certainly need more people like Donald Purdy who gives so selflessly. I am sure the people in China would greatly appreciate it if he could please also help them out. I went to China and they were really sweet and nice over there, I was so touched to see how some of them could not have an education because of poverty--all they need is a few dollars from each and everyone of us. I have been thinking about this and I am so happy to see the overwhelming response here regarding sending cues to our troops. It is really a great idea.
It would be very meaningful to help the wonderful people in China so they can have a better live. A lot of them asked me about the US and they were very earger to learn English because they did not want to live in China. I really want to help them.
Sorry that it seems like I am going off topic here; but it is the same thing when it comes to helping people in need, right?
I just want to post here to make sure I can have the attention of Donald Purdy since he was the guy who started talking about helping and giving, and I believe he would be the prefect person to do this.
Thank you very much.

Purdman
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I just got off the phone with Rick at Seyberts Billiard Supply. Great people to deal with. He will sell me one peice Cuetech cues for $19.00 each. He says they are one of the best house cues available. He also stated that he has a tube to ship them in. All he needs is the address, PO, or whatever. So if ya got 19 bucks and want to give back a little, let me know. If you find a better price or cue, please advise. I am sure they will be appriciated. Probably only need to send four of em. Thanks for your support.
Don Purdy :D

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Over the last 15 years I have had several Chinese people work for me. They clean the building where I work. They are employed by a sub-contractor. No benefits, minimum wage, no health insurance, and no holidays. There are three of us on the evening shift plus one laborer from China. When there is a holiday ( 10 of them ) they don't get paid. The three of us chip in and pay them for any lost time. Christmas, $250 cash. It is our job as human beings to care. I also found him a job in another friends Chinese restaurant. Danny just had his first child in December. He is my friend for life. I am sorry about the conditions in China. I have been told that it is getting better, I hope so. We are all brothers and sisters in this world. We do not have to go searching for folks to help. Just open your eyes and God gives us the opportunity to help others. Every day my friend!!!! Maybe if we all try a little harder we can make the world a better place. Thanks for your input.
Best Regards, Don P.

Thank you very much. Very well said.
Could you please give me some ideas as to what we can do to help the Chinese?
A lot of them are trying to learn English because they want to come here to the US. I am thinking about sending them books and tapes and things like that.
Should I start another thread, or better yet, why don't you please start a new thread because I think most of the folks here respect and listen to you. Thank you.

Rackin_Zack
04-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Zack -- I really got a chuckle out of the comment about keeping it in two-pieces -- too funny!!

I thought it would be good for a chuckle. :) I know I chuckled anyhow...lol.

Purdman
04-13-2005, 06:55 PM
That makes 7 of us in. 5 one piece graphite cues and freight. Seyberts will ship direct to Iraq. Let me know what you think folks. I still need the address.
You all are something else. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Purdman :cool:

Jack Flanagan
04-13-2005, 07:06 PM
1 piece graphite, Don ?

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 10:00 PM
That makes 7 of us in. 5 one piece graphite cues and freight. Seyberts will ship direct to Iraq. Let me know what you think folks. I still need the address.
You all are something else. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Congratulation!

May I ask what you want to do with my suggestion of helping the Chinese in China to come over to the US?

By the way, you made a mistake and sent me a wrong private message--but it is OK, you do not have to apologize. I am not mad at you.

Thank you.

Rackin_Zack
04-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Congratulation!

May I ask what you want to do with my suggestion of helping the Chinese in China to come over to the US?

By the way, you made a mistake and sent me a wrong private message--but it is OK, you do not have to apologize. I am not mad at you.

Thank you.

I don't think a billiards website/forum is really the place to address that issue. That being said, I would think that it would be more beneficial to help them to make their own country better rather than moving over here. I don't think there's enough room for a billion or so people to move here...lol.

Jack Flanagan
04-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't think a billiards website/forum is really the place to address that issue. That being said, I would think that it would be more beneficial to help them to make their own country better rather than moving over here. I don't think there's enough room for a billion or so people to move here...lol.

good point Zack,,,he should take it up with the United Nations or immigration; not this forum,,,, :mad:

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
good point Zack,,,he should take it up with the United Nations or immigration; not this forum,,,, :mad:

I am sorry. All I was trying to say was to see if anyone would be interested in sending some English tapes or books to China, that is all. I am not asking anyone to sponsor a Chinese person or to smuggle anyone here. :p

I would not carry on posting here regarding this topic then. I started my post because of what Donald Purdy wrote. I am sorry to have offended you by asking for help. Please accept my apology.

Black-Balled
04-14-2005, 05:48 AM
peter. you're funny and it will also be funny when The Purdman stops being polite and takes your head off!

I am sorry. All I was trying to say was to see if anyone would be interested in sending some English tapes or books to China, that is all. I am not asking anyone to sponsor a Chinese person or to smuggle anyone here. :p

I would not carry on posting here regarding this topic then. I started my post because of what Donald Purdy wrote. I am sorry to have offended you by asking for help. Please accept my apology.

Purdman
04-14-2005, 06:03 AM
Congratulation!

Thank you.

Redhotpeter, just send me your address. I have several cases of books I will donate to your noble cause. How would you like me to ship them? Overnight be OK with you? Call UPS and find out how much the shipping will be on 600 pounds. As soon as I recieve the shipping money, the books are out the door. I am always willing to help a humble, selfless, generous person such as yourself. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards, Don
PS: I don't make no mistakes!!!! ;) Good buddy.

redhotpeter
04-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Redhotpeter, just send me your address. I have several cases of books I will donate to your noble cause. How would you like me to ship them? Overnight be OK with you? Call UPS and find out how much the shipping will be on 600 pounds. As soon as I recieve the shipping money, the books are out the door. I am always willing to help a humble, selfless, generous person such as yourself. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards, Don
PS: I don't make no mistakes!!!! ;) Good buddy.

Thank you very much. I will try to figure out the shipping cost.

Thank you for the kind compliment. I am nothing compared to you.

I will get back at you soon.

Hal
04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Count me in for 20.00 on the pool cues. I don't know what all the ruckus is about the Chinese, but count me out on that.

Purdman
04-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Count me in for 20.00 on the pool cues. I don't know what all the ruckus is about the Chinese, but count me out on that.

Hey man, I am not kidding about the books. My wife is an avid reader. I am looking for someone who could use them. If the man pays the shipping, I will send them. No problem mon.
Back to the origional post. I am still waiting for an address to ship the cues to. when I get that, I will be able to have a total. I will post the invoice on here. We can take it from there. Thanks again.
Don

Purdman
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM
1 piece graphite, Don ?

I am pretty sure that is what he said Jack. He thought they wiuld do better in the heat.
Don P.

redhotpeter
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey man, I am not kidding about the books. My wife is an avid reader. I am looking for someone who could use them. If the man pays the shipping, I will send them. No problem mon.
Back to the origional post. I am still waiting for an address to ship the cues to. when I get that, I will be able to have a total. I will post the invoice on here. We can take it from there. Thanks again.
Don

Can you briefly tell me the content of the books? Are they books for someone who is looking to learn English as a second language? Do you have the titles?

By the way, can you give me your zip so I can check the shipping cost, please? I am sorry, I forgot to ask you this in my last post. And how big are the boxes, what are the sizes?

I am very grateful for your help. Your love for the Chinese are absolutly touching. I wish there are more people like you.

Please tell your wife thank you for her willingness to share with the Chinese.

By the way, with regard to cues, the cuetec cues were made in China--they are great cues. I think for the price, they are the best. I am not suprised that you picked a cue made in China to give out to our troops, the "made in China" product these days are just awesome!

I have seen some Valley one piece cues and they were even cheaper, about $10 each if you buy in volume. But I think you are right, the cuetec is for sure the better choice...

Should we be doing this in another thread? Donald? I do not mean to hijack this thread. I am new here. Please tell me the porper way to do this. Thank you for all your patience. I am sorry if I have confused anyone here.

Thank you.

Purdman
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Can you briefly tell me the content of the books? Are they books for someone who is looking to learn English as a second language? Do you have the titles?

By the way, can you give me your zip so I can check the shipping cost, please? I am sorry, I forgot to ask you this in my last post. And how big are the boxes, what are the sizes?

I am very grateful for your help. Your love for the Chinese are absolutly touching. I wish there are more people like you.

Please tell your wife thank you for her willingness to share with the Chinese.

By the way, with regard to cues, the cuetec cues were made in China--they are great cues. I think for the price, they are the best. I am not suprised that you picked a cue made in China to give out to our troops, the "made in China" product these days are just awesome!

I have seen some Valley one piece cues and they were even cheaper, about $10 each if you buy in volume. But I think you are right, the cuetec is for sure the better choice...

Should we be doing this in another thread? Donald? I do not mean to hijack this thread. I am new here. Please tell me the porper way to do this. Thank you for all your patience. I am sorry if I have confused anyone here.

Thank you.

If you are looking for English as a second language, you are in luck. My sister in law teaches it in the evening. She is a part time professor at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. She will probably be able to suggest the best material. She is fluent in Japanese, French, and God only knows what else.
I have a book titled "The Two Asias" China and India. It is an old book but it was easy for Danny to read because he already knows the story. My ZIP is 20175. The books I have boxed up range from childrens books to Fidel, the history of Cuba and Castro.
Don P.

jaz
04-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey Purdy...

How are we going to handle the money for this project? I've got a check or credit card ready to go....

jaz

Jon
04-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Hmmm.
The history of Cuba and Castro...
You could just send that over here :D
Got anything "history" wise you want to donate to the "Jon likes history" cause? :D

Purdman
04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey Purdy...

How are we going to handle the money for this project? I've got a check or credit card ready to go....

jaz

JAZ, I am waiting for seagirl to send me the address. I know your there man.
Don :cool:

Purdman
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Hmmm.
The history of Cuba and Castro...
You could just send that over here :D
Got anything "history" wise you want to donate to the "Jon likes history" cause? :D

You pay the shipping and you got it Big JoN.
Don :D

sealgirl
04-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Sorry that its taken me so long to get back to you guys with information. Don, I have PM'ed you Donna's address and contact information. I know the folks there with her will be thrilled to see this stuff get there.

I've sent the cue for her that originally prompted all the generosity for you guys and hopefully, it'll survive the trip. Thank you all again, for the shipping tips, the generosity, and thoughtfulness for my friend and those with her.

You guys are the greatest!!!

landshark77
04-15-2005, 07:40 AM

I got a copy of Michael Jackson's HIStory. Does that count??? It's not the history of his face or his love for little boys...it just has like two disc of crappy music....but what ever floats your boat man.............

Jon
04-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Didn't MJ graduate from Brigham Young???

Purdman
04-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Didn't MJ graduate from Brigham Young???

That was Bring em young JoN.
Don P. :D

Purdman
04-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Five 1 piece Cuetech graphite cues, some chalk, and possibly some other goodies will be shipped Monday to SGT Cornett some where in the Middle East on Monday. I would like to thank those of you who made this happen. You know who you are. You have the email address. She would like you to email her so she can thank every one of you super folks.
Thanks again, Don P. :cool:

Barbara
04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
Five 1 piece Cuetech graphite cues, some chalk, and possibly some other goodies will be shipped Monday to SGT Cornett some where in the Middle East on Monday. I would like to thank those of you who made this happen. You know who you are. You have the email address. She would like you to email her so she can thank every one of you super folks.
Thanks again, Don P. :cool:

Don,

Thank you!

So what's the final cost and where can I send my PayPal payment?

Barbara

Purdman
04-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Don,

Thank you!

So what's the final cost and where can I send my PayPal payment?

Barbara

I won't know until Monday. There are 7 of us at $20. I think that should do it. If not, I got it covered. If there is a big wad of cash left over, I'm gonna go out and buy the biggest lobster around and get bottle of Dom. Kick back and light up a big ol bowl of temple ball hash an, an , and , and , well you know, with that kinda $ a man could go ape. Man, I am excited. :D
Don ( thanks )

Hal
04-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Yall ready for a paypal payment yet?

Purdman
04-19-2005, 09:59 AM
I have a PayPal account. What do you need to make a donation to it.
Thanks, Don

sealgirl
05-11-2005, 06:43 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the cues and stuff arrived in Iraq and are being greatly appreciated by the military personnel stationed with my friend. You all are a great bunch of folks and your thoughtfulness and generosity will never be forgotten.

Take care and keep our servicemen & women in your prayers.

Thanks again!!

Purdman
05-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the cues and stuff arrived in Iraq and are being greatly appreciated by the military personnel stationed with my friend. You all are a great bunch of folks and your thoughtfulness and generosity will never be forgotten.

Take care and keep our servicemen & women in your prayers.

Thanks again!!

I just want to say thanks to all of you involved in this project. I am sure that others here contribute in other ways and I thank you for that also. It's tough over there, they are being killed everyday. Please pray that they all come home safe.
THANKS, Purdman :cool:

Purdman
05-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Dear Don, The cues made it fine and I wrote back a thank you letter and told them if I was ever in town I would look them up. I said Minnesota but I realized afterward that it was Michagain. Oops I did thank them and now since we moved we need pool balls but I found a set over here for 50.00 bucks at the hajee market, I just hope they don't blow up when we break. ha ha Thanks again for thinking about us. God bless you all. Donna Cornett

They are playing with the AZ cues we sent to Iraq. Way to go folks.