PDA

View Full Version : Ring Game / 9-Ball or 10-Ball Poll

MikeJanis
04-12-2005, 08:03 PM
On TV would you rather watch a 9-Ball Ring Game or a race to 7 9-ball match or a race to 5 10-ball match ?

Please answer the poll question.

I am just wondering out of curiosity.

Mj

woody_968
04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Out of all the different pool matches I have watched lately I enjoyed the ring game the most by far. Was able to watch several players at one time and was able to see them play offense when they would normally be playing safe. Also enjoyed seeing them pull out their jump cues.

I also enjoyed the skins game, but I think I would enjoy anything that involved Keith.

Celtic
04-13-2005, 12:57 AM
I picked the 10-ball match but barely because the great thing about the ring game (of which only the 6-8 player option is actually one) is the diversity of personalities and the chatting that ensues in the more action orientated ring game that is more akin to gambling then a match. I would rather see a true 10-ball ring game with 6 players then a 9-ball ring game with 6 players but a 9-ball ring game with 6 players is probably better entertainment then a 10-ball match with 2 players. So you can take my vote for what its worth, or even move it to the 9-ball option, I like the 10-ball game but the ring game format so I am drawn to one aspect of both choices.

I will say I would MUCH rather watch the 10-ball race to 5 then a 9-ball race to 7. If both were alternate break I think you would get a little better favour going to the better player in the shorter race of 10-ball then he would have in 9-ball.

hustlefinger
04-13-2005, 05:30 AM
Any of them, but of the three choices given I voted for the 10 ball match because it’s a little more skillful IMO. I think a 9 ball ring game could have the most appeal for TV viewing but IMO 6-8 players is too many, maybe 4 instead. And have all the players wired for some colorful commentary.

Rick

Black-Balled
04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
10ball ring game, if it is an optionion.

JAM
04-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Unlike other sports, in pool there is quite a variety of games, and only the veteran pool hall patron is familiar with the majority of them: 7-ball, 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball, 15-ball, 14.1, one-pocket, banks (short and long) -- have I left anything out? (LOL) :D

Since there truly is not only ONE game of pool, as most of US know, I believe the FORMAT in which the game of pool is showcased is the way to elevate the sport into mainstream America, the Skins Billiards Championship being a new concept in recent times which provided entertainment value as well as expert play.

There needs to be a balance of both. Out of the three choices provided, I like the ring game the best.

There has been talk of even a NEWER format coming to the fore, incorporating POKER with POOL. I think it would be fun, players betting their chips between shots or games, hearing the combatants actually SPEAK. It would give a personality to the game, something which is sorely needed in today's pool world.

JMHO, FWIW! :p

JAM