PDA

View Full Version : Cue School Week...

Zims Rack
04-13-2005, 03:27 AM
I will be offering a week long Cue School in June.

Details:
When: June 20-24, 2005
Where: O'Fallon, Illinois (15 minutes East of St. Louis)
Fee: $600.00 (excluding hotel, food, entertainment)
Instruction Format: The BSACA Foundation Course, approximatly 30 hours
Student/Teacher Ratio: 4/1

I will be offering the BSACA Foundation Course including a video analysis and a Certificate of Completion. This course is normaly priced at $995.00, Cue School Week will save you 40%, that's $400 for 30 hours of lessons (that's $20/hour for a professional, certified instructor) . I'm limiting this week of training to 4 students. Additional Cue School weeks will be held in the future!

There are several pool rooms in the immediate area, plenty of hotels, restaurants, shopping, night life, St. Louis is 15 minutes away, Lambert International Airport is 40 minutes away, and tons of ACTION if you're looking for that! This will be a fun week of pool for all who attend!

For more information, visit www.zimsrack.com or contact michael@zimsrack.com

JAM
04-13-2005, 04:12 AM
Hi, Zims Rack! I read your post with interest and think it's GREAT to see these kinds of opportunities available. I am not familiar with the acronym "BSACA." What does the BSACA Foundation course consist of?

As an aside, I read in your bio that you're active-duty Air Force. My dad was a major in the Army Air Corps, which was a division of the United States Army back in the '40s and later became the United States Air Force. Funny thing about him was after he retired from the service, he never stepped foot on an airplane again.

Also, I remember reading a while back that you and some others were thinking about creating a pool league/tournament for the armed forces. Were there any further developments?

JAM

Zims Rack
04-13-2005, 04:30 AM
Hi JAM! Thanks for the interest!
The BSACA, Billiard Sanctuary Academy of the Cueing Arts, was founded by Timothy J. White, "Australian Oyster". Tim was trained by Jerry Briesath years ago and was an Advanced Level Instructor for the BCA and has ventured off on his own with the BSACA. The instruction format is along the BCA path, but with much greater detail (than most BCA instructors). You can learn more about Tim and the BSACA at www.billiardsanctuary.com

Have you heard of Landon Shuffet, from Kentucky? He's a pre-teen pool prodigy that has been on Ripley's Believe It or Not, The Tonight Show, Ellen Degeneres (I think) along with a few other TV appearances. Landon is a student of Tim's and his father is an Advanced Level BSACA Instructor. Landon made guest appearances on the BSACA Finer Points Instructional DVD series as an Instructor.

Yes, I'm in the Air Force, until June 15, 2005. That is when my commitment ends and I venture into another career (still undecided). I teach and do cue repair in my spare time, as well as spend time with my wife, 11 yr old and 7 month old boys.

I'm a firm believer that our sport lies in the hands of the Next Generation, the Youth! Without them, there's no future!
Thanks again for replying. I'm hoping the Cue School Week is a successfull one!

Thanks,
Zim

pooltchr
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM
According to Landon's Dad, they no longer have any affiliation with the BSACA

Zims Rack
04-13-2005, 11:25 AM
As of last week, they did. I do know that they know longer affiliate with the BCA. When did you talk to Stan?

Zim

Koop
04-13-2005, 11:28 AM
As of last week, they did. I do know that they know longer affiliate with the BCA. When did you talk to Stan?

Zim

Zim,

He posted on here a while back about not being associated with the BCA anymore. Can't remember how far back but I do recall reading it.

Dave

T411
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Zim,

He posted on here a while back about not being associated with the BCA anymore. Can't remember how far back but I do recall reading it.

Dave

Yea, I read the same post. I thought Landon's dad said that they have severed all ties with the BSACA and that they are now associated with the BCA. That's how I remembered the post.

dmgwalsh
04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Zim,

Dave

I think he posted that neither he nor his son are affiliated with the oyster and the bsaca or whatever it's called. he posted here and on the ccb.

Koop
04-13-2005, 12:00 PM
I think he posted that neither he nor his son are affiliated with the oyster and the bsaca or whatever it's called. he posted here and on the ccb.

That's pretty much what I remember reading as well.

Thanks,
Dave

Zims Rack
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I just viewed all of Stan's posts here and didn't read anything about him not being affiliated with the BSACA, but he did mention, as well as his wife, that they are affiliated with Tim White and the BSACA.
He truely may not be anylonger, but like I said, as of last week he still was.
I know for a fact that he did associate with the BCA, but joined Tim and the BSACA.
Can someone please post a link to Stan's post that states what is being said?

Thanks to all,
Zim

Koop
04-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I just viewed all of Stan's posts here and didn't read anything about him not being affiliated with the BSACA, but he did mention, as well as his wife, that they are affiliated with Tim White and the BSACA.
He truely may not be anylonger, but like I said, as of last week he still was.
I know for a fact that he did associate with the BCA, but joined Tim and the BSACA.
Can someone please post a link to Stan's post that states what is being said?

Thanks to all,
Zim

You are correct but I do remember reading it here. It's possible they had a change of heart and he pulled the thread. Who knows, maybe 34 is when the senility starts kicking in :-)

Dave

Wally in Cincy
04-13-2005, 12:49 PM
You are correct but I do remember reading it here. It's possible they had a change of heart and he pulled the thread.

He must have pulled it. The whole thread is gone. I read it too.

Mike Templeton
04-13-2005, 12:52 PM
He must have pulled it. The whole thread is gone. I read it too.

"Stan and Landon Shuffett are no longer associated with Tim White due to many differing opinions. Landon is not a student of Tim White's. Stan has withdrawn his instructorship with BSACA. Stan will continue his 13-year tenure as an instructor with the BCA and Landon is a Junior BCA member".

I just searched the CCB for Stan's name and this is a quote from a post on 3/18. I don't know how to do a link to get it here, but it is still searchable on the CCB.

Mike

Zims Rack
04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
WOW!!! This really shocked me also! I stand corrected and thank those that brought it to my attention. Check out... http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=184679&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Stan%20Shuffett&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=184531&Search=true#Post184679 As Stan also mentioned, Tim is a great instructor, they just parted on differing opinions! I'm going to find out what happened directly!

Thanks again,
Zim

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 03:57 AM
This thread has really gotten off the main purpose, but that's okay.

Landan and Stan are no longer affiliated with the BSACA. It has nothing to do with the Instruction techniques, Tim in speedos, photographs or conflicts between Stan and Tim's teaching styles. Without getting into details, here's a basic reason why. Landon is ready to become more of a tournament player, than a "showman" or instructor. I'm pretty sure they want to keep Landon out of the "spotlight", so to speak. I'm not at liberty to get into details, that's all that needs to be said for now.

Thanks for the info to all of you!

I have 3 slots left for the Cue School week!

Thanks,
Zim

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Hi, Zims Rack!
Also, I remember reading a while back that you and some others were thinking about creating a pool league/tournament for the armed forces. Were there any further developments?

JAM
JAM,
I've been so busy, I haven't really had much time to put into it. I have found a couple pool rooms with plenty of 7', 8' and 9' tables to host a tournament. Not sure what size to use though! I think 7'! I'm going to talk to the owners in the near future about having an event like this. I would schedule it about 3-4 months in advance, plenty of time to advertise and get the word out to Military Members/Retirees.
I would like to have a few vendors there also, for a small set up fee of course, with that money going back to the players; maybe a few cue donations; guest appearances by Pros or something like that.
Any suggestions? Any connections you might want to share or point me to?
Thanks,
Zim

Johnny "V"
04-15-2005, 06:08 AM
I had read (I think it was a review in either BD or IP) that Tim Whites DVD has him in the buff. That isn't practiced during the training sessions is it? Man if I go to this I gotta make sure I am wearing clean undies... :)

JV

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 06:18 AM
I had read (I think it was a review in either BD or IP) that Tim Whites DVD has him in the buff. That isn't practiced during the training sessions is it? Man if I go to this I gotta make sure I am wearing clean undies... :)

JV
In Volume 10 he is on the beach, but not alone. It's a pretty cool clip from the video. He makes a pool table on the beach and is helping someone play, in the sand. You've got to see it. We teach a very detailed course, you will see immediate improvement and will love it. It will come natural, trust me!

Zim

DennyS
04-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Hi Zim just wanted to wish you well with your upcoming Cue School Week!

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Hi Zim just wanted to wish you well with your upcoming Cue School Week!
Thanks Denny! How's things in Ohio?

Zim

DennyS
04-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Staying pretty busy, Doing classes 2 days a week at E & A Billiards in Milan, Ohio and now doing them at Rack Attack in Port Clinton, Ohio. Doing clinics/workshops every month along with private lessons. That keeps me busy. I have 2 other instructors on my staff that also work with me in the clinic/workshops, Dona Sellman and Lance Kepler. They are a big help!
Along with all of that im helping E & A Billiards run their tournaments on Friday & Saturdays.Also put out a newsletter every week, so as you see i'm staying pretty busy but enjoying it also. Thanks Denny

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Sounds like you are pretty busy! It's hard to believe we get to do what we love and enjoy and still make a few dollars doing it. Keep it up and good luck. If you don't mind, I'd like to read some of your articles, can you email them to me, michael@zimsrack.com. If not, not to worry, I understand!

Zim

pfduser
04-15-2005, 07:40 AM
I don't know about the live instruction, but I have volumes 1-10 from the Billiard Santuary and found that they were some of the best instruction I've seen on video.

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 07:49 AM
I don't know about the live instruction, but I have volumes 1-10 from the Billiard Santuary and found that they were some of the best instruction I've seen on video.
Just imagine what you would get from 1-on-1 with us. The videos are fantastic and pretty in depth, but still not the same as with an instructor. Glad you enjoyed them! Did you start with Vol. 1 and work thru or jump around thru the Volumes?

Thanks,
Zim

pfduser
04-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Just imagine what you would get from 1-on-1 with us. The videos are fantastic and pretty in depth, but still not the same as with an instructor. Glad you enjoyed them! Did you start with Vol. 1 and work thru or jump around thru the Volumes?

Thanks,
Zim
I started with vol.1 and worked thru.I had alot off trouble at first getting use to everything but after about 2 months it was well worth it.Like he qouted "Give the medicine time to work".That's the best purchase I've made.

Zims Rack
04-15-2005, 08:36 AM
I started with vol.1 and worked thru.I had alot off trouble at first getting use to everything but after about 2 months it was well worth it.Like he qouted "Give the medicine time to work".That's the best purchase I've made.
That's good to hear! If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Best of luck,
Zim