PDA

View Full Version : SML open in Calgary

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 05:13 AM
I was just wondering if anyone here was attending the sml entertainment 9-ball open Championship in Calgary. I'm travelling with my good friend Danny Hewitt. I'll be there from tuesday to friday. I always enjoy meeting new people.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com

Celtic
04-13-2005, 07:10 AM
I hope we get very good coverage of this tournament. I would love to have been there but I will not being attending as I am stuck on the opposite side of the world. :(

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Too bad. I'll try to forward the results to Mike so that you know what is happening.

Thierry Layani

Big Business
04-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Lots of us from Edmonton Going. Are you bringing some cues to sell? You do great work. I'm going down on the Friday. Only spectating though

Sean

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm only spectating too. I might have one or two cues, if I'm able to complete them.
I'll see you there.

Thierry Layani

The Hamster
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm only spectating too.

Is Danny playing, Thierry?

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Of course he is. He's won the last 3 pro events on the pechauer tour, he's playing kind of good these days.

Thierry Layani

The Hamster
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Of course he is. He's won the last 3 pro events on the pechauer tour, he's playing kind of good these days.

Must have switched back to a Layani... lol.

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
He actually did for only one tournament. Go figure!?!

Thierry Layani

vagabond
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here was attending the sml entertainment 9-ball open Championship in Calgary. I'm travelling with my good friend Danny Hewitt. I'll be there from tuesday to friday. I always enjoy meeting new people.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com

Hi Thearry layani,
How do I get to see your cue hands on( not the pictures on the internet)? I was in BCA trade show last week in Vegas.I did not see your booth.Cheers
vagabond

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't travel much anymore. But you're welcome to visit me in Montreal!
Actually I think one of my dealer will be selling some of my cues in Vegas, but I'm not sure during which event though. Where are you from?

Thierry Layani

Celtic
04-13-2005, 05:58 PM
When in Calgary it would be good to check out Mikkelsen Cues as well if ya dont already know about them. His shop is pretty close to the Oval the tournament is at, really close to one of the sponser motels as well. Those cues are something special, pretty much any Calgary player knows him if you ask. He may be playing in the event but if not a test drive of his cues is highly reccomended as you will be impressed.

Thierry Layani
04-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I have only heard of him but have not yet encounter any of his cues. I'll try to meet up with him or something like that. Thanks for the info.

Thierry Layani

sniper
04-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Thierry, I plan on attending a couple days at least, it's good to hear Danny will be participating.

Cori
04-14-2005, 09:39 AM
DJ McGinley Ontario says he's going out to Calgary. Thierry, I attended the Border Battle last year in Montreal, and the Molson Cup, I saw that they had the Border Battle in Toronto at TSN studios, but I have heard anything about the Molson Cup? Have you, do they have a website? The Canadian Women's Pool Tour has begun in case any ladies are interested, www.cwpt.ca will hold some qualifiers.

Thierry Layani
04-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't think there is a molson cup this year, Last year it was broadcast on RDS, the french version of TSN. This year the only tour we have is the Pechauer Tour and I'm not sure when will be held the final championship, but I'm pretty sure it won't be televised.
I guess there must be a couple of players from Toronto going to Calgary.
I'm looking foward to this event, it's my first time on the other side of Canada. How's DJ doing?

Thierry Layani

Cori
04-14-2005, 01:35 PM
There is the Canadian 10K Tour handicapped 9-ball and the Straight up 9-ball Showdown tour, Jeff White beat DJ in the last showdown event in Oshawa. Joss Tour is coming around this way to Niagara Falls on the 30th. Adam Monture defeated DJ MGinley in Niagara Falls Color of Money at the 10K event. I've heard of a Quebec Ontario Tour, does that still exist? Good luck in networking at Calgary, check out the mountainscapes while you're there.

DaveK
04-14-2005, 02:26 PM
... check out the mountainscapes while you're there.

Without a doubt, if this is your first time out west do try to get into the mountains. Banff is a little over an hours drive from Calgary, you can go there for an evening if you have one free.

For those not attending, it looks like they are planning on posting the brackets. http://www.smlentertainment.com/9-ball/9ball.htm

Dave

Thierry Layani
04-14-2005, 07:59 PM
That Tour doesn't exist anymore. Actually by looking at how the pro tour in Quebec is doing, I don't it's gonna last very long either.
I will definitely try to visit more than the pool arena for sure! Thanks for the tip.

Thierry Layani