04-13-2005, 11:15 AM
My bridge

My Willard taper/shaper in nickel shape

My magnetic belt clipped chalk holder with my Triangle green chalk

And my cue extenders...whenever my cuemaker finishes them...hint hint...LOL

Shorty

Mr. Wilson
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM
My version of the "pocket chalker" that I have turned with my choice of exotic woods, hand stiched leather and a nice little 8ball spacer.

Made quite a few of them for friends too. Each is absolutely unique.

Dave

CaptainJR
04-13-2005, 12:25 PM
One of my favorites are those real high pool chairs around the tables. They are a pain in my back, but they are GREAT when a girl in a short skirt comes over to watch. :D

Captor of Sin
04-13-2005, 12:31 PM
My metal clip Chalk Holder and my Cloth to wipe my cue.

pooltime
04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Just a simple piece of 100 and 600 grit sandpaper and the first bill I pull out of my pocket to burnish - the old K.I.S.S. method for accessories :)

Johnnyt
04-13-2005, 01:09 PM
My little bottle of cheap wine that I sprinkle on for my drunk act.
JohnnyT :D

TheBook
04-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Chalk

Dollar bill for burnishing

Marker

Bruce S. de Lis
04-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Marker

What is the Marker for, ASSUME you mean like a Sharpie, or Felt Tipped MARKER? ;)

Jersey
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Tiger Paw Cue Holder (5)
Original Pocket Chalker
Q-Wiz
Porper Leather Shaft Polisher
Cue Cube
Masters Blue
8-Ball Pocket Marker
Wood Matches
Zino Cutter
& anything Fuente! :D

woody_968
04-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Just a simple piece of 100 and 600 grit sandpaper and the first bill I pull out of my pocket to burnish - the old K.I.S.S. method for accessories :)

Might I ask what you do with 100 grit sandpaper? God I hope its for your tip and not your shaft :D

redhotpeter
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
I always like to carry my own chalk around. I do not like to use old chalk with a deep indentation.
Also, I like to keep a towel around. Some of the poolhalls I visit always run out of paper towel in their washrooms.
And I like the magic eraser in a zip lock bag.
That is it!

lord_shar
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I remember purchasing a teflon-based shaft-cleaner/polish 10+ years ago but can't find the product anymore. It worked extremely well. Unfortunately, I can't remember its name (It's been over a decade since I looked at the bottle's label and lost it since). Does anyone know what this teflon polish was called? If so, can it still be purchased somewhere online?

pooltime
04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Might I ask what you do with 100 grit sandpaper? God I hope its for your tip and not your shaft :D

Yes, the tip....
Could be used on the shaft if you're into changing tapers on the fly :D

Jack Flanagan
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
my fav is a scuffer/tapper #TT-2000 by Carom, USA,,,wish I could remenber where I bought it,,,folks are always borrowing it; seems to be indestructible.

JoeyInCali
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.fivestarbilliards.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DrZ&Category_Code=
This.

no-sho
04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
My list of must have things that I would not part with are:

Chalk Holder on a Chain with TipPic

Tiger Products LEDR Burnisher

Q-Claw Cue holder

Willard in both Nickel & Dime Shape ;)

With out a doubt, my #1 cue accessory are my hands on my cue!!!!!

no-sho

Chris_Lynch
04-14-2005, 02:24 AM
My favorite accessory would be a really large bankroll. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced mine.

StormHotRod300
04-14-2005, 02:44 AM
My Its George

Q-smooth paper

Easy Slide ( baby powder bag )

Ultimate Tip Tool

Zims Rack
04-14-2005, 02:54 AM
Always in my case:
- Master chalk
* Blue
- Ultimate Tip Tool
- Zim's Rack hand towel
- Mechanical Bridge(s)
* Adjust-A-Bridge
* Bat Bridge
- Business cards (gotta be prepaired)
- Q-Smooth

Habits that I've formed to help eliminate some accessories:
- Wash hands hourly
- Hold drink in grip hand, instead of bridge hand. (this helps keep shaft dry)
- Wipe entire cue with hand towel before, during and after play
- Wipe chalk off tip with carpet floor or hand towel (reduces chalk dust in case)
- Always use joint protectors

Zim

JimS
04-14-2005, 03:32 AM
My list of must have things that I would not part with are:

Chalk Holder on a Chain with TipPic

Tiger Products LEDR Burnisher

Q-Claw Cue holder

Willard in both Nickel & Dime Shape ;)

Q-Wiz

Q Doctor dent buffer

Tip shaper made from 3/4" pvc pipe

Towel

Justa-Bridge

Blue Masters Chalk

3x5" Pool table templates to take notes of important shots to practice

Pen

Glasses, glasses repair kit, & glasses cleaner

Extra shaft for playing cue

Meds: Ibuprofen, Neurontin, Band Aid or 3, Rolaids.

Sometimes.... Colt .380

RAZOR ROG
04-14-2005, 04:23 AM
blue Masters chalk on magnetic belt clip, Ultimate Tip Tool, Tip Pick

CaptainJR
04-14-2005, 07:01 AM
I tried to be a little funny with my first response to this. As I was reading the rest of the responses I didn't really notice anyone mentioning my most important accessory. For a long time I was going through who knows how many containers of baby powder. I don't get it all over the table. Just a little between my first and second finger palm side up. Then a pinch between my thumb and first finger palm side down. Rub the cue, slap my hand on my pants to get any excess of and I'm ready to go. I've tried other methods such as washing hands and so forth, but the only thing that comes close to being as slippery as baby powder is a glove and I can't stand the clove. I have to be able to feel the stick. As I mentioned above, I had been going through baby powder containers like crazy because of letting them behind when playing somewhere till I found the travel section at Wal-Mart. They have these little ones that fit right in my pocket. Now I don't forget it, I just have to take it out of my pocket the next day and put it back in my pool case.

My other invaluable accessory is my denim Greek fishing cap. I guess it is a good thing I'm not good enough to go on tour because I understand that they allow no head gear. I just don't know if I could make a tough shot without going through the ritual of reaching up and adjusting my hat back a little for extra good vision just before taking my stance. 8>)

My hat: Let me tell you a short recent story involving my hat. For years I've been going to my daughters softball games and all the girls and parents are use to seeing me in my hat. This year, for some reason, the coach ask me to be his assistant coach. I, not being a baseball expert, didn't know why but I said yes anyway. So I'm going to coach softball. It hit me that I don't even own a baseball type hat. So I went to the store and found a baseball hat that had a anchor on the front. I decided to make a big deal out of it.

At the first meeting of the team when the coach told the girls that I would be helping out this year, I started to talk. "I'm not sure if you girls are old enough to know about the importance of a mans image he puts on. A males image is an important thing." (about this time my daughter roles her eyes and sort of backs away because of not knowing what I was going to say next. Afraid that I'd embarrass her.) Having my new baseball cap in a brown paper bag beside me I continued. "So I want you girls to know that I wouldn't do this for just anyone." Reaching down into the bag and switched from my Greek hat to the baseball hat. I got a pretty good laugh from everyone. I thought I had one more laugh coming yet because I knew the head coach had team hats there. "You see those team hats over there? If you want me to switch from this one to one of those, your going to have to show me you can play!"

My daughter (age 14) said later that she was so glad that I didn't embarrass her. I said, "The season isn't over yet!"

chefjeff
04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
I tried to be a little funny with my first response to this. As I was reading the rest of the responses I didn't really notice anyone mentioning my most important accessory. For a long time I was going through who knows how many containers of baby powder. I don't get it all over the table. Just a little between my first and second finger palm side up. Then a pinch between my thumb and first finger palm side down. Rub the cue, slap my hand on my pants to get any excess of and I'm ready to go. I've tried other methods such as washing hands and so forth, but the only thing that comes close to being as slippery as baby powder is a glove and I can't stand the clove. I have to be able to feel the stick. As I mentioned above, I had been going through baby powder containers like crazy because of letting them behind when playing somewhere till I found the travel section at Wal-Mart. They have these little ones that fit right in my pocket. Now I don't forget it, I just have to take it out of my pocket the next day and put it back in my pool case.

My other invaluable accessory is my denim Greek fishing cap. I guess it is a good thing I'm not good enough to go on tour because I understand that they allow no head gear. I just don't know if I could make a tough shot without going through the ritual of reaching up and adjusting my hat back a little for extra good vision just before taking my stance. 8>)

My hat: Let me tell you a short recent story involving my hat. For years I've been going to my daughters softball games and all the girls and parents are use to seeing me in my hat. This year, for some reason, the coach ask me to be his assistant coach. I, not being a baseball expert, didn't know why but I said yes anyway. So I'm going to coach softball. It hit me that I don't even own a baseball type hat. So I went to the store and found a baseball hat that had a anchor on the front. I decided to make a big deal out of it.

At the first meeting of the team when the coach told the girls that I would be helping out this year, I started to talk. "I'm not sure if you girls are old enough to know about the importance of a mans image he puts on. A males image is an important thing." (about this time my daughter roles her eyes and sort of backs away because of not knowing what I was going to say next. Afraid that I'd embarrass her.) Having my new baseball cap in a brown paper bag beside me I continued. "So I want you girls to know that I wouldn't do this for just anyone." Reaching down into the bag and switched from my Greek hat to the baseball hat. I got a pretty good laugh from everyone. I thought I had one more laugh coming yet because I knew the head coach had team hats there. "You see those team hats over there? If you want me to switch from this one to one of those, your going to have to show me you can play!"

My daughter (age 14) said later that she was so glad that I didn't embarrass her. I said, "The season isn't over yet!"

Nice story, Capt.

You said hats are not allowed in pro tourneys? Why? For looks? Does anyone know?

How about one of those green visors, like the (shutter) poker dealers wear? Like the one Jonathan Winters wore in the Twilight Zone episode. Would those be prohibited, too?

I ask, because I'm looking to get one to block the reflection of light off the inside of my glasses on certain shots, as I don't like wearing a cap at the table.

Batter up!

Jeff Livingston

Bruce S. de Lis
04-14-2005, 07:39 AM

Cap have you tried CORN STARCH As it works like Baby Powder, Cost Less, Don't Smell, and you can Refill your Baby Powder Containers with the Corn
Starch....... ;)

P.S. Powder is BANDED from where I play, so I no longer USE IT. Try and Keep my Shafts CLEAN, & Polished. Plus Play with Clean HANDS.... ;)

CaptainJR
04-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Cap have you tried CORN STARCH As it works like Baby Powder, Cost Less, Don't Smell, and you can Refill your Baby Powder Containers with the Corn
Starch....... ;)

P.S. Powder is BANDED from where I play, so I no longer USE IT. Try and Keep my Shafts CLEAN, & Polished. Plus Play with Clean HANDS.... ;)

Not a bad suggestion. Problem is that I didn't mention the number of times I was heading out to play, realized that I didn't have any baby powder. Then I'd stop at the store and get some. When I'd get to the place I was playing, they would sometimes say, 'Isn't this your powder you left here the other night?' So I'd put one of them in the cabinet at home. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Have a few stacked up. Enough to refill this small one I have now for a lifetime. :o

As far as banning powder, I'd just have to say, "What about that chalk you have on the wall? If I get any on the table, then you can kick me out" :rolleyes:

Bruce S. de Lis
04-14-2005, 08:53 AM
As far as banning powder, I'd just have to say, "What about that chalk you have on the wall? If I get any on the table, then you can kick me out" :rolleyes:

Think it is because some people use so much Powder, the table look loke there has been a Snow Storm that just came through. A few always ruin it for the majority. Thus the Powder Rule.... :p

pooltchr
04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I can live without all of the above mentioned things....but I gotta have my cue.....and my stroke!

Kerry Impson
04-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I remember purchasing a teflon-based shaft-cleaner/polish 10+ years ago but can't find the product anymore. It worked extremely well. Unfortunately, I can't remember its name (It's been over a decade since I looked at the bottle's label and lost it since). Does anyone know what this teflon polish was called? If so, can it still be purchased somewhere online?Was it Shaft Silk and/or Shaft Clean? KC Innovations makes these wonderful products for cleaning and polishing shafts; I don't know if either contains Teflon, but here is a link: http://www.kcinnovations.com/ I have also used a similar product, All American Smooth Cue Care.

For all those who like powder, have you ever tried Smooth Stroke? It's a bag infused with talc - you tap it wherever you like for a very fine distribution of powder. Very handy for players with sweaty hands, much more convenient than bottles of talcum powder!

I used to always use those shaft papers, of which I'm pretty sure All American Smooth Cue Shaft Papers is the original. I haven't found anything else that smoothed my shafts so well. Got to get some more!! :cool:

Rod
04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
A tool to knurl the tip (a small file) and a tip burnisher. Rarely would I ever use such, my cues are ready to go before I leave home. Besides I'd rather pay attention to the game rather than going through a ritual with a case full of junk. LOL

Rod

CaptainJR
04-14-2005, 10:46 AM
For all those who like powder, have you ever tried Smooth Stroke? It's a bag infused with talc - you tap it wherever you like for a very fine distribution of powder. Very handy for players with sweaty hands, much more convenient than bottles of talcum powder!

I tried the bags of talc. The problem is, what do you do with it when you not using it. Same problem I had with the bigger containers of powder. Now that I have this small powder container I can just put it in my pocket and it's there whenever I need it.

Stretch
04-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Ya i take the minumalist approach to tip and shaft maintains myself. After the initial shapeing i let my shooting style shape the dome. All i need is 8o or 100 grit paper with backing "rolled" on not scraped. Those pics and scuffers, shapers just tear the crap out of your tip and are completely unneccessary IMO. Shaft? all i do is wash my hands in the Restroom before i play and carry out a damp (slightly used :) paper towel, and a dry chunk. Give the shaft a good wipe with damp, follow with dry, finish with 8oo or higher and your in buisness. I keep a cube of Master Blue in case the joint dosn't have good chalk, and a small cloth for my hands and cue, in case they don't have paper either. I curse those hot air blowers! I like the Porper Tip burnisher but only when my tip gets down to about half life. St.