PDA

View Full Version : Inside Pool Afraid of customer comments.Wonder why?

christopheradam
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM
This is pretty hilarious. Take a look at the posting by the administrator at inside pool:
http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=17747&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

quote:
May I remind everyone that this forum is for Pool related discussions.

Please keep on topic and enjoy the discussions.

--------------------
If it is to be, it is up to ME

Post Extras:

I wonder why they are having trouble with people not talking about "pool related discussion". Isn't the fact that honest people are being ripped off, people are not getting magazines they paid for, and no one on inside pool has commented about it on their Website a pool related discussion?
I can't beleive they had the balls to post that message. Even if Inside pool does make good in the future, I don't know if its worth going back to a company that treats its customers like this.

I don't care what kind of financial troubles or any other troubles you have, be honest with people and treat them with respect.

Mr. Wilson
04-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Your link = Forum not found.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Dave

Jack Flanagan
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
I read the whole list of rules, christopher,,,,,folks from here wouldn't last an hour,,LOL

Ken_4fun
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
This is pretty hilarious. Take a look at the posting by the administrator at inside pool:
http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=17747&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

quote:
May I remind everyone that this forum is for Pool related discussions.

Please keep on topic and enjoy the discussions.

--------------------
If it is to be, it is up to ME

Post Extras:

I wonder why they are having trouble with people not talking about "pool related discussion". Isn't the fact that honest people are being ripped off, people are not getting magazines they paid for, and no one on inside pool has commented about it on their Website a pool related discussion?
I can't beleive they had the balls to post that message. Even if Inside pool does make good in the future, I don't know if its worth going back to a company that treats its customers like this.

I don't care what kind of financial troubles or any other troubles you have, be honest with people and treat them with respect.

ITS BETTER THAN THAT. I WROTE SEVERAL ARTICLES FOR THEM. THEY WERE PUBLISHED AND I WAS PAID FOR SOME AND FOR SOME I WAS NEVER PAID.

SCREW EM.

INSIDE POOL IS ALOT LIKE SOME POOL PLAYERS I HAVE PLAYED. MAKE THEM POST UP, OR WE DONT PLAY.

KEN

woody_968
04-13-2005, 08:46 PM
INSIDE POOL IS ALOT LIKE SOME POOL PLAYERS I HAVE PLAYED. MAKE THEM POST UP, OR WE DONT PLAY.

KEN

Um,,, Ken,,,, Im willing to post up :D

TheBook
04-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I had a few of my comments deleted that were pertaining to getting the March issue on March 26. I said it sure was nice to read about pool on TV that I missed and reading old news. Made some other comments about starting a betting pool on when the next issue would be received.

I am now at 100% on magazine subscriptions. Years ago I subscribed to On the Snap, they took my money and I never got a magazine. The same is now happening to my subsciption of Inside Pool. I got the March issue and don't know if I will get April's. Was also promised a DVD that I am still waiting for.

I don't bother posting or reading that forum any more. The caption contest is not worth entering either.

The Railbird
04-13-2005, 09:22 PM
If they aren't sending out stuff to people who pay for it, what are the chances of them sending stuff to people who win it?

Railbird

JAM
04-14-2005, 03:43 AM
ITS [sic] BETTER THAN THAT. I WROTE SEVERAL ARTICLES FOR THEM. THEY WERE PUBLISHED AND I WAS PAID FOR SOME AND FOR SOME I WAS NEVER PAID.

Which "ARTICLES" did you write? :confused:

JAM

sjm
04-14-2005, 04:47 AM
I wouldn't suggest that I know what Inside Pool's situation is, but I think it's time to consider an indisputable truth about businesses on the brink of insolvency.

they will default on many outstanding obligations regarding goods, services, and money

There are many victims in the wake of such defaults, but the suggestion they have been ripped off or defrauded is unreasonable. They have simply suffered the consequences of dealing with a financially crippled business enterprise.

It is equally unreasonable to expect a business on its last financial legs to announce it to its employess, customers and business associates, although a huge enterprise having publicly traded stock can hardly hide it as there are Wall Street professionals paid to continually evaluate the financial condition of companies they follow. It's the Catch-22 of a failing business. Publicly announcing that you are financially strapped would make financing less available, in all likelihood expediting, rather than staving off, insolvency.

I do hope that Inside Pool will turn the corner to the point it will be able to meet all outstanding obligations, and I am very sympathetic to all in the middle of a bad expereince with them.

Still, to equate insolvency with dishonesty is a mistake.

chefjeff
04-14-2005, 06:49 AM

JAM

Very LOUD ones.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff
04-14-2005, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't suggest that I know what Inside Pool's situation is, but I think it's time to consider an indisputable truth about businesses on the brink of insolvency.

they will default on many outstanding obligations regarding goods, services, and money

There are many victims in the wake of such defaults, but the suggestion they have been ripped off or defrauded is unreasonable. They have simply suffered the consequences of dealing with a financially crippled business enterprise.

It is equally unreasonable to expect a business on its last financial legs to announce it to its employess, customers and business associates, although a huge enterprise having publicly traded stock can hardly hide it as there are Wall Street professionals paid to continually evaluate the financial condition of companies they follow. It's the Catch-22 of a failing business. Publicly announcing that you are financially strapped would make financing less available, in all likelihood expediting, rather than staving off, insolvency.

I do hope that Inside Pool will turn the corner to the point it will be able to meet all outstanding obligations, and I am very sympathetic to all in the middle of a bad expereince with them.

IF they knew they could not fulfill their obligations WHEN THEY MADE THEM, they are engaging in dishonesty, period.

If they really thought they could fulfill their obligations when they made them, then you're right, it is bad, but not dishonest.

Based on the ex-employees' posts, I'd say they knew they could not do what they promised when they promised it, but I'm out here in the cheap seats and can't "see" much.

I, too, hope they can make restitution and grow to become a dominating force in this industry.

Jeff Livingston

Ken_4fun
04-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Um,,, Ken,,,, Im willing to post up :D

Bring lots........I can actually see the whole table now....

Your little buddy,,,,

ken

Ken_4fun
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM

JAM

See your private messages...

Ken

Ken_4fun
04-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Very LOUD ones.

Jeff Livingston

Jeffy -

If you were not paid, you might get a little loud too.

Or you might crawl into a corner.....

Ken

JAM
04-14-2005, 11:48 AM
See your private messages...

Ken

Got it. Now see yours! ;)

JAM

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 12:54 PM

Due to their prominence and their obvious expenditures on private parties and giveaways during the Expo etc. in the past month or so while at the same time defaulting on orders I would have to say this isn't exactly the scenario that you are describing!

Jack Flanagan
04-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Due to their prominence and their obvious expenditures on private parties and giveaways during the Expo etc. in the past month or so while at the same time defaulting on orders I would have to say this isn't exactly the scenario that you are describing!

Hey, didn't Nero fiddle while Rome burned,,,Party Hearty 'til the end, I always say,,,,,,,,,,FWIW

christopheradam
04-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Hey, didn't Nero fiddle while Rome burned,,,Party Hearty 'til the end, I always say,,,,,,,,,,FWIW

This must be something only highly educated old folks "get". :)
No insult intended.

The only Nero I know is the Nero Rom CD burning program :).

And, Rome burned? Was this on the news lately.:)

MikeJanis
04-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Quate from = THEBOOK
The caption contest is not worth entering either.

If they aren't sending out stuff to people who pay for it, what are the chances of them sending stuff to people who win it?

Railbird

Regarding the Photo Caption Contest. I know for a fact that the winner of the Photo Caption contest does win a Viking Cue and they get it. Viking sends the cue directly to the winner each month. So please take advantage of this opportunity to win a free Viking Cue.

Mj

Mike Templeton
04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
No insult intended.

The only Nero I know is the Nero Rom CD burning program :).

And, Rome burned? Was this on the news lately.:)
That's pretty funny.

Wally in Cincy
04-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Was the band at the party playing "Nearer My God to Thee" ?

Wally<~~ hoping Chris Adam gets the joke... :cool:

christopheradam
04-14-2005, 01:43 PM

Do I have to research this on Google.com? Don't make me get out my search engine!

christopheradam
04-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Do I have to research this on Google.com? Don't make me get out my search engine!

http://members.tripod.com/~Synergy_2/lyrics/nearer.html
:cool: :p ;) :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Wally in Cincy
04-14-2005, 02:05 PM
legend has it this was the song the band played as the Titanic went down

Teacherman
04-14-2005, 02:17 PM

This shows little business understanding and very little business experience.

woody_968
04-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Bring lots........I can actually see the whole table now....

Your little buddy,,,,

ken

Ill bring all I got,,,, and if that aint enough you might be able to find a little side action :D

Now that you see the whole table,,,, will it depress you to see me running out all the time?

Your fish,,,,

Woody

redhotpeter
04-14-2005, 02:41 PM
It is a shame to see a good company not putting emphasis on its most important asset--customers.

They still have a chance to make things right, I hope they will do it before it is too late.

Jack Flanagan
04-14-2005, 02:55 PM

'highly educated' as in "high school",,,,,,LOL :D :D

Teacherman
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
It is a shame to see a good company not putting emphasis on its most important asset--customers.

They still have a chance to make things right, I hope they will do it before it is too late.

Another ridiculous comment. When you need 100 customers to stay in business and you only have 40 they aren't really much of an asset.

Jude Rosenstock
04-14-2005, 03:11 PM

I dunno. I've experienced job layoffs. My cell phone company was recently purchased by another. My old poolroom was closed down. etc., etc.... Such is the downside of business.

I've always liked Inside Pool. I think it's a great publication and their coverage of local tournaments is without competition. I really doubt anyone would deliberately try to "scam" its customers. I know that for most magazines (with the exception of Time, Newsweek, etc.), it's frequently a paycheck to paycheck business and risks are often taken to keep things afloat.

I understand that there are some bitter employees who are posting here. I'd just like to say that I've always enjoyed the publication you guys put out. I also know there are some others who haven't received their latest copy and feel they were cheated. Well, I'm sorry to hear if that's the case but not because you might be out $40 but because Inside Pool would be gone. There's just something about a nice, glossy magazine that makes the news seem important. I know what I have to say isn't terribly political but it's just my two cents.

Purdman
04-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I dunno. I've experienced job layoffs. My cell phone company was recently purchased by another. My old poolroom was closed down. etc., etc.... Such is the downside of business.

I've always liked Inside Pool. I think it's a great publication and their coverage of local tournaments is without competition. I really doubt anyone would deliberately try to "scam" its customers. I know that for most magazines (with the exception of Time, Newsweek, etc.), it's frequently a paycheck to paycheck business and risks are often taken to keep things afloat.

I understand that there are some bitter employees who are posting here. I'd just like to say that I've always enjoyed the publication you guys put out. I also know there are some others who haven't received their latest copy and feel they were cheated. Well, I'm sorry to hear if that's the case but not because you might be out $40 but because Inside Pool would be gone. There's just something about a nice, glossy magazine that makes the news seem important. I know what I have to say isn't terribly political but it's just my two cents.

That really makes me feel better. Nothing like a little KY when you are getting screwed. I haven't gotten my mag in 2 months and they try and scam me on the phone to re-up. They sure got some balls.
Purdman

coolpoolfool
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Another ridiculous comment. When you need 100 customers to stay in business and you only have 40 they aren't really much of an asset.

I disagree. If you have 40 customers and treat them right, the word will spread exponentially. If you treat them wrong, they will more than likely tell at least 10 people. That's 400 people that won't buy your product. Then they tell 10 people, and so on....

I know the ethical lines seem blurry here, but your customers are definitely your greatest asset. They are why you are in business in the first place, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't have a for-profit business.

I don't want to speculate bad things about what's going on at IP, because they could have really good reasons for what they're doing such as terminal illness or another company taking them over, for examples. Nobody knows until they come forward, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I do wish they would clear it up soon.

JohnnyP
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
coolpoolfool:

Word of mouth about a good product or company travels very slowly. Most people take good service or a good product for granted. They don't think about praise. They parted with their cash, after all. Perhaps the best compliment is that they don't want a refund.

In 1990, I designed an individual cylinder knock retard control system for performance engines. Shirley and I thought the world would beat a path to our door. Fifteen years later, the product is still unique, and we are still working out of our home. Oh well, the commute is short.

Jack Flanagan
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm intrigued,,,an 'individual' knock retard system ?

Teacherman
04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I disagree. If you have 40 customers and treat them right, the word will spread exponentially. If you treat them wrong, they will more than likely tell at least 10 people. That's 400 people that won't buy your product. Then they tell 10 people, and so on.....

Those 40 customers can be an asset if your on the up side of business.

But, if you're at the end, they are meaningless.

Teacherman
04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
That really makes me feel better. Nothing like a little KY when you are getting screwed. I haven't gotten my mag in 2 months and they try and scam me on the phone to re-up. They sure got some balls.
Purdman

It's never pretty at the end. But their loss is likely to be a astronomical compared to yours.

Ken_4fun
04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
,,, will it depress you to see me running out all the time?

Your fish,,,,

Woody

Well, it sure as hell wont make me feel better...... :)

ken

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 07:27 PM

:D :D :D too funny

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 07:32 PM
This shows little business understanding and very little business experience.

so whens your gala bash paid for by others ?
:confused: your statement more clearly shows a lack of ethics on your part or an assumption with no basis about me! or is it both? I know ENRON partied till the end with others money but they went to jail for it! Is that good business somehow in your mind :confused:

MrLucky
04-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Those 40 customers can be an asset if your on the up side of business.

But, if you're at the end, they are meaningless.

Or total lack of it! :rolleyes:

X IP employee
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
The employees that quit are only bitter because we are being blamed for this whole mess since we are not there to defend ourselves.

JAM
04-15-2005, 03:38 AM
The employees that quit are only bitter because we are being blamed for this whole mess since we are not there to defend ourselves.

I have refrained from posting my thoughts on this whole nightmare for personal reasons.

I do understand the frustration of the folks who want to receive their products and/or get their money back, and I believe in my heart of hearts that this company will do everything in their power to keep the InsidePOOL ship afloat, to include making good with their customers and correcting any deficiencies within the company.

Having said that -- and this is only my opinion -- I find it appalling to read posts on every single pool-related Internet discussion forum that exists from a nameless ex-employee of InsidePOOL continuing to feed the fire, so to speak. Kick the IP dog when it's down, and keep kicking and kicking and kicking, using the excuse of "we are not there to defend ourselves."

Move on, X IP employee. Maybe, just maybe, the magazine can and will survive. If it does, then this pool world will be a better place because of it. Each one of the MAJOR three magazines fills a niche (IMO), and I hope that IP will continue on. Apparently, there are others who feel this way, too. I'm confident that the powers-that-be will do EVERYTHING possible to get out of this dilemma, but it will not happen overnight, unfortunately.

It's kind of easy to post in a troll identity and say whatever the hell you want, when NOBODY knows who you are and whether what you say is the truth. Maybe it's time to stop talking and start walking and look for another job. You made the decision to quit, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

JAM

Jude Rosenstock
04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Purdman

Gee um, thanks for the visual? I'll make sure to have my coffee BEFORE I log on here!

Regarding your telephone call, Inside Pool likely outsources its telemarketers. If they have any intention of staying in business (and I assume they do), they're going to continue to try and maintain their subscription list.

X IP employee
04-15-2005, 07:24 AM
I have refrained from posting my thoughts on this whole nightmare for personal reasons.

I do understand the frustration of the folks who want to receive their products and/or get their money back, and I believe in my heart of hearts that this company will do everything in their power to keep the InsidePOOL ship afloat, to include making good with their customers and correcting any deficiencies within the company.

Having said that -- and this is only my opinion -- I find it appalling to read posts on every single pool-related Internet discussion forum that exists from a nameless ex-employee of InsidePOOL continuing to feed the fire, so to speak. Kick the IP dog when it's down, and keep kicking and kicking and kicking, using the excuse of "we are not there to defend ourselves."

Move on, X IP employee. Maybe, just maybe, the magazine can and will survive. If it does, then this pool world will be a better place because of it. Each one of the MAJOR three magazines fills a niche (IMO), and I hope that IP will continue on. Apparently, there are others who feel this way, too. I'm confident that the powers-that-be will do EVERYTHING possible to get out of this dilemma, but it will not happen overnight, unfortunately.

It's kind of easy to post in a troll identity and say whatever the hell you want, when NOBODY knows who you are and whether what you say is the truth. Maybe it's time to stop talking and start walking and look for another job. You made the decision to quit, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

JAM

None of us who have quit have said anything about the magazine itself. The issue here is that the company is taking advantage of unknowing customers. It has been going on for months (the reason we all DID quit).

The website, and the fact that it is still running and taking orders when they arent shipping is the problem. AND the fact that we are reading posts saying that the people who are working there now are blaming US for what is going on when in fact we did everything we could given the situation we were in.

We all NEEDED our jobs. It was not just a plan to get everyone together, quit and go on these boards to bash IP. The fact is, they are stealing innocent peoples money...regardless of what the initial plan was, after the first month, or two, or THREE the site should have been shut down and things should have been taken care of. We are only trying to warn you people about the lies and deception.

I apologize if what any of us has said has made any of you mad. We were just letting you know what was REALLY going on. Trying to save a few people from getting their money stolen.

As i said....if he was going to make good for ANY of this, he wouldnt have had us lie to customers and tell them that their order had shipped (several times), he wouldnt have passed the buck so to speak, and he would have TAKEN CARE OF THE SITUATION. But, he hasn't. Even after we all know he has read these and read what is being said.

He has nothing to use as a defense. He can not say he is sorry and make it all go away. He can not make a post and have the THOUSANDS of dollars people have paid for orders that they have not received be forgiven. It isnt possible.

We were only trying to help.

RunArak
04-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Ouch, I just paid for a 3 years subscription not too long ago. It does not sound too good right now but I will keep my fingers crossed. I do enjoy it more than any other billiards publications.

My 2 cents..

Joe

JAM
04-15-2005, 08:01 AM
None of us who have quit have said anything about the magazine itself. The issue here is that the company is taking advantage of unknowing customers. It has been going on for months (the reason we all DID quit)...

Who's the "we," X IP employee, and for that matter, who are you?

...The website, and the fact that it is still running and taking orders when they arent shipping is the problem...

Could it be, pray tell, that there are circumstances, which could run the gamut, that NONE of us, to include you, X IP employee, are even aware of?

AND the fact that we are reading posts saying that the people who are working there now are blaming US for what is going on when in fact we did everything we could given the situation we were in.
I have not read one post that places blame on YOU ["US"]. :rolleyes:

...We all NEEDED our jobs. It was not just a plan to get everyone together, quit and go on these boards to bash IP. The fact is, they are stealing innocent peoples money...regardless of what the initial plan was, after the first month, or two, or THREE the site should have been shut down and things should have been taken care of. We are only trying to warn you people about the lies and deception...

"Lies and deception" are bold words, X IP employee. :eek:

...I apologize if what any of us has said has made any of you mad. We were just letting you know what was REALLY going on. Trying to save a few people from getting their money stolen.

There's that "us" and "we" again, and using the term "stolen" is pretty outrageous (IMO).

...As i said....if he was going to make good for ANY of this, he wouldnt have had us lie to customers and tell them that their order had shipped (several times), he wouldnt have passed the buck so to speak, and he would have TAKEN CARE OF THE SITUATION. But, he hasn't. Even after we all know he has read these and read what is being said.
I guess you're capable of reading people's minds. How would you know who's reading what?

...He has nothing to use as a defense. He can not say he is sorry and make it all go away. He can not make a post and have the THOUSANDS of dollars people have paid for orders that they have not received be forgiven. It isnt possible...

I am going to reserve judgment and take a wait-and-see stance. I've seen quite a bit of impossibilities become a reality in my 51 years on this earth, and there are some folks who can make things happen and others who jump ship when the going gets tough. It's okay to jump ship in pursuit of greener pastures, but it is awful to make accusations about matters that I am 100-percent positive do not pertain to you. I run a business myself, and none of my employees could possibly know everything about what makes my company tick.

....We were only trying to help.

You may call it "trying to help"; I call it "fanning the fire."

JAM

The Railbird
04-15-2005, 08:11 AM
JAM usually I completely agree with you and yours posts on this board. Can't say that I do this time.

Part of the benefit of having a forum like this is informing people of what is going on out there. Check the Inside Pool site and forums. People are still placing orders right now. It is pretty clear that the website is just running credit cards to try to stay afloat and not sending out product. One of their suppliers has come right out on this forum and said they were no longer sending out product.

Everything that EX IP Employee says is being verified by other former employees all over the internet. These people are being blamed by the new Inside Pool staff as yet another excuse.

To say that we are kicking a dog while it is down is very uninformed. Inside Pool and their ownership made a decision to rip off their readers and users and they have refused to come forward one time and explain to all of us what is going on. If the magazine were simply going through some growing pains, then why can't the ownership make a simple post explaining what is going on there. Could it be because they know they have been caught and there is no explanation for their actions?

All of these sour grapes from you wouldn't have anything to do with your involvement with the magazine would it? What are you hearing from them? Certainly with Keith writing a column for them, you have contacted them with all of these rumours and asked what was going on. It is nice to know that you were paid for your articles where some of the staff are still awaiting a paycheck. What are you hearing?

Railbird

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 08:12 AM
A good pool friend of mine who is also a frequent poster and known to most of you here (I will let him if he desires to, make his own statement or identify himself!) spoke with me yesterday and he not only being high up in Inside Pool but also a long time friend of JR's decided to try and get a statement made for the betterment of the site and the operation ! I must say it was unsuccesful since my friend is now not a part of the magazine anymore ! :mad: I sincerely hope the mag continues but I have doubts about the longevity of the site! :(

X IP employee
04-15-2005, 08:26 AM
JAM usually I completely agree with you and yours posts on this board. Can't say that I do this time.

Part of the benefit of having a forum like this is informing people of what is going on out there. Check the Inside Pool site and forums. People are still placing orders right now. It is pretty clear that the website is just running credit cards to try to stay afloat and not sending out product. One of their suppliers has come right out on this forum and said they were no longer sending out product.

Everything that EX IP Employee says is being verified by other former employees all over the internet. These people are being blamed by the new Inside Pool staff as yet another excuse.

To say that we are kicking a dog while it is down is very uninformed. Inside Pool and their ownership made a decision to rip off their readers and users and they have refused to come forward one time and explain to all of us what is going on. If the magazine were simply going through some growing pains, then why can't the ownership make a simple post explaining what is going on there. Could it be because they know they have been caught and there is no explanation for their actions?

All of these sour grapes from you wouldn't have anything to do with your involvement with the magazine would it? What are you hearing from them? Certainly with Keith writing a column for them, you have contacted them with all of these rumours and asked what was going on. It is nice to know that you were paid for your articles where some of the staff are still awaiting a paycheck. What are you hearing?

Railbird

What railbird said :cool:

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 08:39 AM
I also questioned the ex IP employees veracity due to a statement on another site ! but I have to say that after speaking offline with them I fully believe that it is an ex employee of Inside Pool! I did not realize that you were affiliated in some way with the mag and JR but if that is true I understand your wanting to defend a friendbut if that friend is taking peoples money and not delivering goods how is this in your mind defensible? I am just wondering! I am also out a Fury Cue but I realize many others have far greater losses than that and I have emphathy for them not for the persons pocketing their money under false pretenses! If IP had problems fulfilling orders and did the right thing by asking folks to be patient and shutting down the taking of others orders and payments till it was cleared I would be all for their support but when they still to today are actively charging folks cards for merchandise and not delivering ! I find that indefensible! sorry if your loyalty does not allow you to be objective to this simple fact :(

JAM
04-15-2005, 08:53 AM
JAM usually I completely agree with you and yours posts on this board. Can't say that I do this time...

From one railbird to another, I'm just a pool enthusist who is hoping for the best. I do like the magazine. I really do.

...Part of the benefit of having a forum like this is informing people of what is going on out there....One of their suppliers has come right out on this forum and said they were no longer sending out product...

I completely agree with you about having an informative forum, and people will always have a variety of opinions. I mean, pool has advanced over the years from 14.1 to 9-ball, and EVERYBODY has their favorite game they think should be on TV for the betterment of the sport, as an example. It is a multi-faceted sport, with a variety of games. :)

The dissemination of facts, though, should come from the employer, not an unidentified ex-employee, if it is to be taken as truth.

...Everything that EX IP Employee says is being verified by other former employees all over the internet. These people are being blamed by the new Inside Pool staff as yet another excuse...

"Former employees" may have a different slant on matters, don't you think?

...To say that we are kicking a dog while it is down is very uninformed. Inside Pool and their ownership made a decision to rip off their readers and users and they have refused to come forward one time and explain to all of us what is going on. If the magazine were simply going through some growing pains, then why can't the ownership make a simple post explaining what is going on there. Could it be because they know they have been caught and there is no explanation for their actions?...

You're right, The Railbird, and I agree with you that I am very uninformed. I only provided another opinion.

...All of these sour grapes from you wouldn't have anything to do with your involvement with the magazine would it? What are you hearing from them? Certainly with Keith writing a column for them, you have contacted them with all of these rumours and asked what was going on. It is nice to know that you were paid for your articles where some of the staff are still awaiting a paycheck. What are you hearing?...

Sour grapes taste bitter, and I'm more of a sweets kind of gal. :p

You make a few assumptions, though, in your last paragraph that I think you may realize, hopefully, it truly is impossible for you to have knowledge of.

I'm going to Albany and enjoy a tournament, just waiting for my clothes to get out of the dryer. I've got a 6-hour drive up ahead. I just got finished doing my taxes and I owe Uncle Sam big time. I am looking forward to this weekend, and I hope yours is a good one, too, The Railbird! :)

JAM

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
The dissemination of facts, though, should come from the employer, not an unidentified ex-employee, if it is to be taken as truth.

Since the employer refuses to speak this is the closest source to the facts available!

"Former employees" may have a different slant on matters, don't you think?

Agreed! and theirs is an "inside " view of the processes in play! versus one of ours !

JAM

Safe driving and good luck in your tourny!
:cool:

Steve Lipsky
04-15-2005, 01:11 PM

JAM

JAM, I also usually find myself agreeing with you. But I almost can't believe what you're writing in this thread.

You say the dissemination of facts should only come from the employer? Why do you think we have federal whistleblower laws now? Because we could trust the employer to tell us when something was seriously wrong with their business methods? Obviously not. We depend on the rank-and-file employees in many cases to tell us when things have gotten out of hand.

I'm not sure, either, why you don't trust this person is who he says he is. And even if for some bizarre reason he's lying about his identity, who cares? Nobody is doubting the fact that many, many people have been completely ripped off by this company - which now no longer answers any of their phone calls or emails.

JR's curious lack of a statement of any kind, as well as the censorship of his board, is the most telling part of the situation. He knows everyone is talking about it, and he still hasn't spoken.

I am really shocked at your position on this.

- Steve

MrLucky
04-15-2005, 01:40 PM
JAM, I also usually find myself agreeing with you. But I almost can't believe what you're writing in this thread.

You say the dissemination of facts should only come from the employer? Why do you think we have federal whistleblower laws now? Because we could trust the employer to tell us when something was seriously wrong with their business methods? Obviously not. We depend on the rank-and-file employees in many cases to tell us when things have gotten out of hand.

I'm not sure, either, why you don't trust this person is who he says he is. And even if for some bizarre reason he's lying about his identity, who cares? Nobody is doubting the fact that many, many people have been completely ripped off by this company - which now no longer answers any of their phone calls or emails.

JR's curious lack of a statement of any kind, as well as the censorship of his board, is the most telling part of the situation. He knows everyone is talking about it, and he still hasn't spoken.

I am really shocked at your position on this.

- Steve
Hell! I'm SHOCKED and APPALLED ! :D LOL!

i just couldn't resist! :o

X IP employee
04-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Hell! I'm SHOCKED and APPALLED ! :D LOL!

i just couldn't resist! :o

I was not posting here to start any fights. I just wanted to get the truth out. Sorry.

newtopool
04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
why r people even bothering to stick up for inside pool???we r not talking about a little mistake...it has been several months...several tens of thousands of dollars...do u doubt it....look at all the boards...look at bizrate...over 500 reviews saying item did not ship....ip employees jumping ship....it is not a little problem...its a big one...and if it was a mistake somebody (jr or sally) would have came forword months ago....

Jack Flanagan
04-15-2005, 04:44 PM
as my granddad told me "I don't have a dog in this hunt.",,,but if I had been ripped by them as some claim, I would find out what state they are incorporated in, contact that state's Attorney General and get some questions answered,,,JMHO