PDA

View Full Version : Now I can say I've seen you play !

DaveK
04-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Howdy,

I just wanted to say that after years of hearing about Keith McCready I finally got the chance to see one of your matches. It says something about our pool coverage in Canada, but last eveing they televised your first match (vs Ryan McCreesh sp?) from the last 9 Ball U.S. Open. It was too bad I knew the outcome of this match, JAM does a fantastic job with her editorials, but now I've seen that famous stroke, it was great (other than the outcome ! ). I just hope that next time I see you play the producer will have the mics on the players turned up, and the mic in front of Billy I. turned down.

Dave

sniper
04-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I watched the match as well Dave and your right it's not very exciting when you know the outcome ahead of time. It was a pretty close match most of the way what did you think of Keith's stroke?

DaveK
04-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I watched the match as well Dave and your right it's not very exciting when you know the outcome ahead of time. It was a pretty close match most of the way what did you think of Keith's stroke?

I know a couple of guys with a side-arm stroke, and I had always pictured Keith stroking like them. Turns out that my friends are opposite to Keith, their elbows are outside, Keiths is inside. He obviously knows what he's doing though ... unlike myself.

Dave, who typed 3 times more backspaces than good charactors on this one ... no more posting after 5 beers at the neighbours ...

Keith McCready
04-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Howdy,

I just wanted to say that after years of hearing about Keith McCready I finally got the chance to see one of your matches. It says something about our pool coverage in Canada, but last eveing they televised your first match (vs Ryan McCreesh sp?) from the last 9 Ball U.S. Open. It was too bad I knew the outcome of this match, JAM does a fantastic job with her editorials, but now I've seen that famous stroke, it was great (other than the outcome ! ). I just hope that next time I see you play the producer will have the mics on the players turned up, and the mic in front of Billy I. turned down.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the nice comments. Last year, I was experimenting something different that I don't usually do before I play, and I hate to say it, but I usually like to have a couple of Budweisers before I play. I promised my girlfriend that I would try to do without. As we both know now, it was a big mistake.

I plan on winning the U.S. Open one day before I croak. Hopefully, it will be this year. I'm going to try to be in a little bit better stroke when that tournament starts, and maybe you'll see me hit the winner's circle and really let out my true stroke! (ha-ha)

DaveK
04-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I plan on winning the U.S. Open one day before I croak. Hopefully, it will be this year. I'm going to try to be in a little bit better stroke when that tournament starts, and maybe you'll see me hit the winner's circle and really let out my true stroke! (ha-ha)

I look forward to seeing you in the US Open winners circle, knowing that you have many many fans cheering you on !

Dave