PDA

View Full Version : Reno Open

Rickw
04-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, I just sent in my entry fee and paid for my room from the 5th of June to the 12th. The tournament starts on the 7th but I want to get there a little early to get used to it a little before the tournament starts (I always have a problem getting enough sleep the first night in a strange bed).

I was going to retire from my job effective June 1st. I wanted to burn some of my vacation time during May so I could woodshed a little on my game but my boss told me that was not possible. Now my retirement date is May 9th and I'm going to tell her to eat shit and die. I feel real good about that and hope that my game comes up just a little before the tournament (it better!!!) LoL!!

Hope to see some of you up there.

deadstroke32
04-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, I just sent in my entry fee and paid for my room from the 5th of June to the 12th. The tournament starts on the 7th but I want to get there a little early to get used to it a little before the tournament starts (I always have a problem getting enough sleep the first night in a strange bed).

I was going to retire from my job effective June 1st. I wanted to burn some of my vacation time during May so I could woodshed a little on my game but my boss told me that was not possible. Now my retirement date is May 9th and I'm going to tell her to eat shit and die. I feel real good about that and hope that my game comes up just a little before the tournament (it better!!!) LoL!!

Hope to see some of you up there.

That sound like fun .Hay tell her to eat shit 4 me to ..I hate me boss he's a big d*%#....soon i'll tell him the some but 4 now i still have to work .Lmao....... :eek: :eek:

Rickw
04-17-2005, 10:59 AM
That sound like fun .Hay tell her to eat shit 4 me to ..I hate me boss he's a big d*%#....soon i'll tell him the some but 4 now i still have to work .Lmao....... :eek: :eek:

Ok, I'll tell her. Some bosses don't know when they're supervisory boundaries are. She doesn't get it that she doesn't have any choice regarding when I retire. I think they call that a Napolean complex.

That 4 years will be up before you know it. Thanks for the support deadstroke!

thebigdog
04-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Good luck with the tournament Rick. Congratulations on your retirement, looks like were all in trouble now. You're going to have a lot more to time on the table now. I wish I could make it to the tournament in June, I have to be at a school in Virginia. Doesn't really matter with my lack of playing lately I would just embarrass myself there anyway.

Rickw
04-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Good luck with the tournament Rick. Congratulations on your retirement, looks like were all in trouble now. You're going to have a lot more to time on the table now. I wish I could make it to the tournament in June, I have to be at a school in Virginia. Doesn't really matter with my lack of playing lately I would just embarrass myself there anyway.

Thanks for the props Bigdog! Too bad you can't come up! Have fun in VA!

blah blah
04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Rick- congrats on the retirement! AND the escape from Ms. Awful.

Also, if your work set up is like mine, you can get money for your unused vacation time (a percentage of the pay, I think), but sick time is completely lost... We also have a rule where you can use up to 4 sick days in a row- but the fifth day requires a doctor's note.

If this is how your arrangement is, call in sick. A lot.... Be sick four days at a time and then come in on the fifth. Friday's a really nice day for that fifth. And cash in the vacation time.

Either way, give her a few choice words for me, too. I'm just sick of bosses all around.

And congrats again.