PDA

View Full Version : Leave 9 Ball Alone!

Rude Dog
04-17-2005, 10:01 AM
9 Ball is fine the way it is. Are there really that many unhappy pool players out there playing 9 ball thinking to themselves "Damn this game sucks, how can we change the rules so we can be a top pro too'? Practice more or quit if you're not as good as you would like to be. Changing the game isn't going to help you catch up to the top players, practice is. Is the game easy? Is that why there are so many trying to change it? I see a guy every day at the pool hall playing 3 ball, for hours. He rarely runs the 3 balls out and he's not running them in order! I asked him why he only practices with 3 balls. He says, "Because 9 ball is too easy." I couldn't believe it.
Oh well, change the game people, make it harder, make it easier, I don't care anymore. I'll tell my grandkids in 30 years that I used to play 9 ball when you had to actually hold a cue in your hand and stand at the table and shoot the balls in yourself. Ha Ha, they won't believe it either. :D

vapoolplayer
04-17-2005, 11:05 AM
9 Ball is fine the way it is. Are there really that many unhappy pool players out there playing 9 ball thinking to themselves "Damn this game sucks, how can we change the rules so we can be a top pro too'? Practice more or quit if you're not as good as you would like to be. Changing the game isn't going to help you catch up to the top players, practice is. Is the game easy? Is that why there are so many trying to change it? I see a guy every day at the pool hall playing 3 ball, for hours. He rarely runs the 3 balls out and he's not running them in order! I asked him why he only practices with 3 balls. He says, "Because 9 ball is too easy." I couldn't believe it.
Oh well, change the game people, make it harder, make it easier, I don't care anymore. I'll tell my grandkids in 30 years that I used to play 9 ball when you had to actually hold a cue in your hand and stand at the table and shoot the balls in yourself. Ha Ha, they won't believe it either. :D

tap tap tap

let me guess, the guy playing 3 ball is the type that doesn't gamble either.......LOL

VAP

Rickw
04-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I kind of liked 9b more before they changed it in the first place! Anyone remember how it was played 20 years ago?

sniper
04-17-2005, 11:34 AM

Your right John nine ball is fine the way it is, the problem with the game today is lack of a recoginized pro tour (for the men) and a lack of corporate sponsorship, tournament formats, and a couple other things that could be done as well to improve the game but I don't think it's necessary to change the rules altogether.

StraightPoolIU
04-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I know they changed the rules for 9-ball in the last 20 years, but I've been trying to find out what the old rules used to be. I haven't had much luck so far. Is anyone able to enlighten me?

Rickw
04-17-2005, 11:48 AM
First of all, the 9b wasn't wild. Secondly, they didn't have ball in hand. If you didn't hit the ball, your opponent could either shoot the cue ball from where it lays or make you shoot it again. If you scratched the cb, your opponent took ball in hand from the kitchen. There may be more that I'm forgetting but that's what I remember.

Rude Dog
04-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I know they changed the rules for 9-ball in the last 20 years, but I've been trying to find out what the old rules used to be. I haven't had much luck so far. Is anyone able to enlighten me?
It used to be played without ball in hand unless you made 2 consecutive fouls. If you were hooked, you could push out and your opponent had the option to shoot. If you scratched, it was ball in hand behind the head string. Scratch on the break, same thing, in the kitchen. These are the rules I learned to play with but when Texas Express was introduced, I liked it. I had been playing for a short period of time anyway so it wasn't that big of a difference to me. When Hard Times opened in 1988 it opened my eyes to how 9 ball was supposed to be played. There were so many champions in the place at one time that you really had to have no talent if you didn't learn. I think my game went up a ball every week. Peace, John. BTW, hope this helps.

ceebee
04-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I kind of liked 9b more before they changed it in the first place! Anyone remember how it was played 20 years ago?

As I remember... the game was played with a "two-shot rollout" format.

Safeties were still used as a defensive offense, but Jump Cues were not invented yet, so the Masse', the diamond system or the "rollout" prevailed.

Two shot rollout is called a "push shot" today. The Push Shot, today, can only be used just after the break.

Great shots were made by players, they had to make these great shots or perish.

RSB-Refugee
04-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Tap Tap Tap

If someone wants to invent a new game, go ahead, but leave 9-Ball alone. It at least has rules that are known almost anywhere you go, unlike 8-Ball.

Tracy

Snapshot9
04-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I am an old timer, played through all the rule changes, and 9 ball is fine just the way it is except:

1) Like to see final pro matches (TV matches) racked in the same order
for each player. Personally going front to back, left to right, I like
1,3-2, 8-9-7, 5-4, 6 (for an even game with no spot).

2) How come women pros don't have to call the 9 and men do ...
perhaps it is just tournament format ...

3) I think good money matches (across the country) should
have to rack the balls in a particular order to be fair to
both players. How many times have you seen where, if
2 balls were exchanged with each other, it would dictate
whether the player could run the table or not ....

sjm
04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Texas Express nineball is the best from of nineball ever played.

I played nineball the old way for years. Why should you be allowed to push if you snooker yourself missing shape? Having to kick or jump is your penalty today, and that's as it should be. Postion play is sacred, and any rule that would reduce the cost of position play errors is not cool by me.

bobroberts
04-17-2005, 02:32 PM
The only thing that I can see wrong with 9 ball is you can make 8 balls in a row and lose.There has to be some consideration for doing that.

vagabond
04-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Before Texas Express rules came(around 1990) balls made on a illegal shot were spotted.Balls jumped out of the table were also spotted.
Vagabond

vapoolplayer
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
The only thing that I can see wrong with 9 ball is you can make 8 balls in a row and lose.There has to be some consideration for doing that.

i have considered it and come up with an answer.

answer: don't dog the 9 ball.

VAP

Rude Dog
04-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Unless you play a different type of 8 ball than the rest of us, you can make 8 in a row in that game and lose too.

AceHigh
04-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I am an old timer, played through all the rule changes, and 9 ball is fine just the way it is except:

2) How come women pros don't have to call the 9 and men do ...
perhaps it is just tournament format ...

3) I think good money matches (across the country) should
have to rack the balls in a particular order to be fair to
both players. How many times have you seen where, if
2 balls were exchanged with each other, it would dictate
whether the player could run the table or not ....

I know two guys that actually rack the same way every single time.

chefjeff
04-17-2005, 08:06 PM
I know two guys that actually rack the same way every single time.

I do it the same way in league play because the odd numbered balls each count as a point, except the nine which is 6 points, so racking becomes an important weapon.

I make the point balls even numbered, and there are different reasons I have for the other exact placements.

Jeff Livingston

JrockJustin
04-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Practice more or quit if you're not as good as you would like to be. Changing the game isn't going to help you catch up to the top players, practice is.:D

I think this statement is well put... enough said

LastTwo
04-17-2005, 11:01 PM

I actually really like 9-ball the way it is, I just made that suggestion in another thread to perhaps make it have more appeal to the viewers on TV.

sixpack
04-18-2005, 01:14 AM

....Stuff Deleted....

I remember reading somewhere that the WPBA did that in a tournament once. They player being interviewed said that it got boring because all the racks were strikingly similar. They decided to not repeat it.

Cheers,
Regas

sixpack
04-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Unless you play a different type of 8 ball than the rest of us, you can make 8 in a row in that game and lose too.

For that matter, I was playing one-pocket the other day and ran 7, but needed 8, and lost.

I like 9-ball the way it is too.

Regas

catpool9
04-18-2005, 04:44 AM
As I remember... the game was played with a "two-shot rollout" format.

Safeties were still used as a defensive offense, but Jump Cues were not invented yet, so the Masse', the diamond system or the "rollout" prevailed.

Two shot rollout is called a "push shot" today. The Push Shot, today, can only be used just after the break.

Great shots were made by players, they had to make these great shots or perish.

Yes I agree with you (ceebee), many players were great shot makers!
You had the guy's that rollout for the jump shot, other's rollout for the bank, a very hard cut shot, or a combo! (All players had their specialty, a unique few had them all)!

There were times for a player to play a saftey, sometimes it was useless, because the opponent would just roll-out. "Your never hooked" (snookerd).
But, the player playing a saftey on you could be "setting you up" so you'll make a (bad) easy rollout, for him to take the advantage and run the game out for the win.
When it was time!, for a saftey play, the "Players" seized the moment!

Two-Shot RollOut (Two-Shot Foul) was definitely a "Thinkers" game!

Two-shot rollout was a very "Offensive Game" sometimes, lot's of the average guy's were running 2-3 racks of 9b regularly, because they played for every ball (shot) to go in the pockett, kicked at everything feasible to make, (because there was not really the point of playing a saftey, being the always standing "rollout rule", not this "nip and duck" one-shot foul format we've all grown to love today!

Their were lots of the 5-8 rack runners of 9b around, and the "Super Players" of 10 or more racks in those day's.

Never see much of that these day's in tournaments, billiard rooms, halls, nite club's, or taverns because everyone is LQQKING for the "Duck and Hide" try for ball in-hand............Although it does happen, just not as often, because of the one-shot foul rule format of play. (one-shot foul has you thinking Defense, instead of Offense as much)

In early 80's one-shot foul rule was emplemented on ESPN so the games would hopefully go faster for their alotted Television time.

Two-shot rollout just had you in the Offense Mode all the time, even your rollout was considered offense to you sometimes, because you were trying to trap your opponent into letting you take the rollout and make your shot, run out and win the game.

Rude Dog's reply to StraightPoolIU about how the game was played was pretty much the way it was in 70's and even untill the later 80's

Rickw: here's what I remember of the rules 20-30 yrs. ago.

:ball in hand with 2 consecutive fouls
:touch cb in anyway, it's a foul
:touch other balls, no foul, opponent has option to move back object ball to original postion
:missed object ball or bad hit, it's a foul,
:jump any ball off table, it's a foul, unless you pockett 9 also, it's a win
:spot ball before 9 on scratch, ball in hand behind line
: scratch and make ball before 9 and the 9, spot both, lowest first, ball in hand behind line
:scratch on break, take off lowest balls behind line, ball in hand behind line (that was in the 70's, in the 80's you spotted lowest ball behind line)
:make contact with lowest ball with good hit and make 9, you WIN!
That's why it's called LUCKY 9! Ball--Add's Zip to the game!

Well that Two-Shot Rollout was a Great Game in those day's, but it's gone now, and has been.
I'm perfectly happy with how the game is played today, except wish all the Pro. matches were best 11-21

Have a good one!

Catpool9

Pool is the only game in the World that you can lose at, and not get your turn to play!

David Harcrow

CaptainJR
04-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Generally I agree Rude Dog. Just one thing I'd like to see change. I don't like it when I win this way. I don't like it when I lose this way. 9-ball on the break. It's a shit shot.

TATE
04-18-2005, 07:11 AM

You're right. 9 ball is the best game. If it wasn't for 9 ball, frankly I would have given up pool for good. Everything else is just boring.

Chris

chefjeff
04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
I'm voting for 8 1/2 ball...I haven't figured out how to make 1/2 a ball yet, buy I'm working on it.

Jeff Livingston

Snapshot9
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Bob ... You are from Kingman ? .... I am from Wichita ...

Rude Dog
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Bob ... You are from Kingman ? .... I am from Wichita ...
Snapshot, I'm from Kingman, but it's Arizona, not Kansas. Not sure if you were talking to me or not, but thought I'd clarify that for ya. Peace, John.

Fleece3
04-19-2005, 02:01 AM

No you can't. If you are solids, you have 1 - 7, stripes 9 - 15. So if you drop 8 balls, you have cleared your 7 plus the 8 ball. In 8-ball you have more traffic, but one less balls to pocket.

LastTwo
04-19-2005, 02:10 AM
No you can't. If you are solids, you have 1 - 7, stripes 9 - 15. So if you drop 8 balls, you have cleared your 7 plus the 8 ball. In 8-ball you have more traffic, but one less balls to pocket.

You can scratch on the 8 ball and lose, that's 8 balls.

chefjeff
04-19-2005, 06:32 AM
You can scratch on the 8 ball and lose, that's 8 balls.

Actually, that'd be 9 balls, not eight. Unless we count the cueball as 1/2 a ball...and there ya go!...my new game, 8 1/2 ball. :p

Jeff Livingston

catpool9
03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
You had the guy's that rollout for the jump shot, other's rollout for the bank, a very hard cut shot, or a combo! (All players had their specialty, a unique few had them all)!

There were times for a player to play a saftey, sometimes it was useless, because the opponent would just roll-out. "Your never hooked" (snookerd).
But, the player playing a saftey on you could be "setting you up" so you'll make a (bad) easy rollout, for him to take the advantage and run the game out for the win.

Two-shot rollout was a very "Offensive Game" sometimes, lot's of the average guy's were running 2-3 racks of 9b regularly, because they played for every ball (shot) to go in the pockett, kicked at everything feasible to make, (because there was not really the point of playing a saftey, being the always standing "rollout rule", not this "nip and duck" one-shot foul format we've all grown to love today!

Their were lots of the 5-8 rack runners of 9b around, and the "Super Players" of 10 or more racks in those day's.

Never see much of that these day's in tournaments, billiard rooms, halls, nite club's, or taverns because everyone is LQQKING for the "Duck and Hide" try for ball in-hand............Although it does happen, just not as often, because of the one-shot foul rule format of play. (one-shot foul has you thinking Defense, instead of Offense as much)

In early 80's one-shot foul rule was emplemented on ESPN so the games would hopefully go faster for their alotted Television time.

Two-shot rollout just had you in the Offense Mode all the time, even your rollout was considered offense to you sometimes, because you were trying to trap your opponent into letting you take the rollout and make your shot, run out and win the game.

Rude Dog's reply to StraightPoolIU about how the game was played was pretty much the way it was in 70's and even untill the later 80's

:touch other balls, no foul, opponent has option to move back object ball to original postion
: scratch and make ball before 9 and the 9, spot both, lowest first, ball in hand behind line
:scratch on break, take off lowest balls behind line, ball in hand behind line (that was in the 70's, in the 80's you spotted lowest ball behind line)

Well that Two-Shot Rollout was a Great Game in those day's, but it's gone now, and has been.
I'm perfectly happy with how the game is played today, except wish all the Pro. matches were best 11-21

Have a good one!

Catpool9

Pool is the only game in the World that you can lose at, and not get your turn to play!

David Harcrow

Thats whats wrong with 9-Ball today, it's not exciting!, bring back some LUCK, and give the Banger a chance and we may have more PLAYERS!, make 9 on the break count 2 games and combo's count 2 games, if you miss , your opponent can make you shoot again until he/she likes the shot...OR Play Two-Shot Roll-Out ball-in hand, and forget it!:thumbup:

David Harcrow

Pushout
03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Six year old thread, fer cryin' out loud!

trob
03-29-2011, 01:38 AM
I love 9 ball. It's the Texas express rules that became poplar in the 80s that's gotta go.

real irish
03-29-2011, 03:02 AM
The worst thing to ever happen to pool was the changing of the rules for 9-ball . Roll out and 2 foul rules were the best because they made the players think and use different strategies depending who they were up against . Also do you think someone should win a game because they missed their shot and hooked the other player ? How many great shots do you see during todays' games . I see people applauding a simple cross side bank or a shot similar to a spot shot. Back in the day you actually had to out smart and out shoot your opponent to win . My motto has always been '' safeties are for sissies ''.

Winston846
03-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Thats whats wrong with 9-Ball today, it's not exciting!, bring back some LUCK, and give the Banger a chance and we may have more PLAYERS!, make 9 on the break count 2 games and combo's count 2 games, if you miss , your opponette can make you shoot again until he/she likes the shot...OR Play Two-Shot Roll-Out ball-in hand, and forget it!:thumbup:

David Harcrow

In my opinion, luck IS what's wrong with 9-ball. It makes a lot of bangers better than what they really are (or at least think they're better than they really are). When in doubt, get the 9 moving. Do you really want to lose that way?

JAM
03-29-2011, 04:26 AM
The worst thing to ever happen to pool was the changing of the rules for 9-ball . Roll out and 2 foul rules were the best because they made the players think and use different strategies depending who they were up against...

Hear, hear, and tap, tap, tap! :)

RogerChambers
03-29-2011, 04:39 AM
First, I don't care too much for 9 Ball but in my town, either you play 9 Ball or Eight Ball or you don't play. I prefer straight pool but you can't find a 14.1 player who doesn't have an AARP Card. Cribbage, Rotation, and other finese games are all but extinct in my area.

I feel, and it is only my opinion that it is not the game or the rules, but how the person plays the game that can be of question. Nine ball can be a thing of beauty when played correctly but can be quite ugly when "bangers" just try to slop in the nine.

Fellow members have made some good points here, most notably the rule changes and the "luck factor." Well, luck is a factor and we all have slopped in a few balls now and then. Nine ball is the only game I know of where you can make the majority of the balls and still lose. I just live with it and press on; however, when a player just slams the balls around, hoping they go in somewhere, then my attitude changes. I have been hitting the balls well as of late, but I am in a slump of dogging the 8 or 9. I have lost many a game (and money) but that is of my doing, not the opponent. As one member said, "Practice."

Those who slam the balls, hoping they go in are not respected at the pool halls I frequent. For them to get a "set," the rules are modified to a call 9 or even call pocket game. Seldom do I see these players take up the offer. Personally, I would rather lose to a player who plays well rather than one who plays the table.

Having said all of this, leave it alone. The cream will rise to the top and the others will stay down below.

JAM
03-29-2011, 04:43 AM
...Having said all of this, leave it alone. The cream will rise to the top and the others will stay down below.

Ain't that the truth! Well said! :)

hippiepool2
03-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Anyone who thinks that 9 ball is just for bangers , match up with Shane or Johnny ...........

Winston846
03-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Anyone who thinks that 9 ball is just for bangers , match up with Shane or Johnny ...........

No one is knocking 9-ball - when it's played correctly, as another poster stated. But the fact of the matter is that at the non-professional level, there are bangers that just send the balls flying around the table and rely more on luck/slop than actual skill. I know a guy who plays exactly this way. He's more than willing to match up as long as it's "anything goes", but if you want to make the game call-shot, called safeties only, or anything else that takes away luck and emphasizes skill, then he wants no part.

ShootingArts
03-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Six year old thread, fer cryin' out loud!

It was some hint this wasn't a new thread when I saw who started it. Notice where he is at now! Another of the ones we will be missing for a long time.

For me the biggest thing wrong with nine ball was six ball. Playing on a coin op table I controlled the table most of the time playing eight or nine ball. Trouble was playing nine ball everybody wanted to play six ball for the same bet after the nine ball game to keep from throwing away six balls every rack. My win rate was as high or higher playing nine than eight but my six ball break stunk. Never found a way to make a ball consistently. Far too often I gave back the money I had just won playing nine when I left an easy six ball run since we played winner breaks. No doubt didn't help any that I soon came to hate six ball!

Hu

pooljunkie4ever
03-29-2011, 06:01 AM
Don't forget, that if you scratched on the nine it wasn't an automatic win, like BIH, you had to shoot a spot shoot for the win. I still get nervous just thinking about it, lol.

Aaron_S
03-29-2011, 06:03 AM

It's like someone once said, "The 9-ball is the only ball that means anything. Everything else is just yardage." And the football analogy holds up, IMO, because a team could drive the ball 90 yards and then throw a pick 6.

Regarding 9-ball rules, I think both the old rules and the new rules have good things about them. I like the fast pace of express rules, and I like getting rewarded immediately for playing a great safety. But I also like the strategic maneuvering that occurs in the old rules.

I think call-shot 10-ball is a better game overall for several reasons, but what I really love about 9-ball is that I can still play two-way shots that offer a potential reward whether I pocket the ball or not. Any rotation game that disallows this shot needs improvement IMO:

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXEg4BSBl2CYLK3DXWl1EJTe1FYAi4GExu2HUdk3IXse3PF bT3UXEg3UaxU1Ubeh2UcYu3kFbT3kVIq3kaxT3kYBv@

Aaron

Jimbojim
03-29-2011, 06:22 AM
9-ball is an awesome game. I love 9b and 10b just the same and then 14.1.

I don't know who said 9ball is for bangers but their wrong and here is my take on it:

Every bangers play 8 ball recreationally because its an easier game, well I don't like that statement. 8-ball is an easy game in terms that you always have many options but to play 8-ball how it ought to be played, its a lot more strategic. A player should be tired after a match of 8-ball after all that thinking and planning. Offense, defense and two-way shots all you can eat.

9-ball on the other hand is an easier game mentally because given a layout, most pros will run it the same way but that game will RAPE YOUR BROWN ORIFICE if you have no concept of positional play whereas 8-ball you can get by.

9-ball is a beautiful game played by all kind of people.:thumbup:

ceebee
03-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I'd like to see a modification of "Ball in Hand". Make it "ball in hand" behind the line. That would actually add a little strategy to the game.

Winston846
03-29-2011, 07:48 AM
I'd like to see a modification of "Ball in Hand". Make it "ball in hand" behind the line. That would actually add a little strategy to the game.

I'd also like to see the option of giving the table back on an unintentional safety. More than once have I had an opponent miss a ball only to leave me in total jail. So he gets rewarded for his missed shot with ball-in-hand and a runout or combo to the 9 or whatever. You should be penalized for a miss, not rewarded.

cigardave
03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd also like to see the option of giving the table back on an unintentional safety. More than once have I had an opponent miss a ball only to leave me in total jail. So he gets rewarded for his missed shot with ball-in-hand and a runout or combo to the 9 or whatever. You should be penalized for a miss, not rewarded.
Enter what Grady likes to call "Grady's rules"... since he believes that he invented that rule set.

catpool9
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
In my opinion, luck IS what's wrong with 9-ball. It makes a lot of bangers better than what they really are (or at least think they're better than they really are). When in doubt, get the 9 moving. Do you really want to lose that way?

Do I want to lose that way/, hell yeah, because I can play combo's and billiard shots, 2,3, & 4 rail shots better than any banger can, and still make it look like I can't play a lick!, thats the way 9-ball should be played, 9-Ball was designed so everyone had a chance to Win the Game,there are a lot of different styles to play 9-Ball, if you wanna change the game completely , play ten ball.

David Harcrow

LAMas
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
R. I. P. Rudedog, and the Spot Shot.

macguy
03-30-2011, 08:32 PM
First of all, the 9b wasn't wild. Secondly, they didn't have ball in hand. If you didn't hit the ball, your opponent could either shoot the cue ball from where it lays or make you shoot it again. If you scratched the cb, your opponent took ball in hand from the kitchen. There may be more that I'm forgetting but that's what I remember.
Deleted
Just realized how old this thread was.

stouter2386
03-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I love playing 9 ball, the only problem i have with it is when your playing a short race and your opponent is flying at the 9 with every chance he gets

catpool9
04-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Have a good one!

Catpool9

David Harcrow

I brought back this thread last month because I knew that the Country Calvin Classic was on the horizon, and it will be played "Two Shot Foul", so everyone that plays in it needs to brush up on Spot Shots, for they will come up often!, roll out for your specialty shot, a bank, cut, or maybe a jump!, who's the Shot Maker!:thumbup:

David Harcrow

FASTEDDIE427
04-15-2011, 06:22 AM

APA 9 bal is your answer

Purdman
04-15-2011, 06:50 AM
You brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me good buddy. For those that might not know, Rude Dog is the AZ member AZ sent to the US Open. He had the best time of his life. If you knew him, you miss him.
RIP Rude Dog

1st time he ever saw the Atlantic Ocean!

I brought back this thread last month because I knew that the Country Calvin Classic was on the horizon, and it will be played "Two Shot Foul", so everyone that plays in it needs to brush up on Spot Shots, for they will come up often!, roll out for your specialty shot, a bank, cut, or maybe a jump!, who's the Shot Maker!:thumbup:

David Harcrow

Koop
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
If you knew him, you miss him.
RIP Rude Dog

You got that right, Don.
I still miss talking to him.

Eric.
04-15-2011, 11:34 AM
You brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me good buddy. For those that might not know, Rude Dog is the AZ member AZ sent to the US Open. He had the best time of his life. If you knew him, you miss him.
RIP Rude Dog

1st time he ever saw the Atlantic Ocean!

John Morton was alright in my book. Funny guy too!

I remember the AZ/US Open thing...we all chipped in to send someone to the US Open. Each donor got to submit a name of their choosing. I believe you, Don, volunteered to be Rude Dog's chaperone, since you live fairly close and was going to be there anyway?

Eric >hasn't seen Purdman, here, in a while

Donny Lutz
07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I played my first game of 9-ball in 1956. We played two-foul BIH. I think the new rules are great with one exception: PLAY CALL! NO SLOP!!

quadrary
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
you must play a different 8 ball than i do because 8 in a row would be your seven plus the 8 to win unless you scratch on the 8