PDA

View Full Version : In memory of those we will miss

AzHousePro
04-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Just a little note for each of us to mention people that we will miss.

To start us off, we will all now miss Gremlin in the forums.

Mike

landshark77
04-17-2005, 08:19 PM

Mike

Uh, did we find out that Gremlin was Redhotpeter and Tiffpoolbum??? :confused:

AzHousePro
04-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Nope, just that he was annoying.

Mike

Uh, did we find out that Gremlin was Redhotpeter and Tiffpoolbum??? :confused:

landshark77
04-17-2005, 08:28 PM

Mike

Oh, well I thought a mystery was solved....

...but LMAO....looks like you have been placed on the master "ignorant" list Gremlin!
:D :D :D

vagabond
04-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Mike

Hi Mike,
I am in shock.what happened? Is it by his choice or your decission.I thought that he is a very nice guy.
Vagabond

hemicudas
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Hi Mike,
I am in shock.what happened? Is it by his choice or your decission.I thought that he is a very nice guy.
Vagabond

Gotta wonder myself, Mike. Fill us in, please.

Muxy
04-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah Grem was an alright guy, the only people he doesnt like are the ussually people that are annoying anyways.

vapoolplayer
04-17-2005, 08:54 PM
can't say i liked the guy, can't say i didn't like the guy.

he was way too bipolar though, one minute in a great mood, the next he was talking about how bad pool is. everytime someone would have a good idea for something to help pool, he would always trash it.

oh well.

VAP

MAGGNET
04-17-2005, 09:38 PM
What Happened To Gremlin Did He Get Himself Removed From The Forums? That Would Be So Nice.

AzHousePro
04-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Gremlin had been asked over a month ago to stop removing threads when posts were made to them that he didn't like. (If you start a thread, and remove the first post then it removes the entire thread.)

He did it again this weekend and when I asked him why, he called me out on not catching redhotpeter quicker than he was caught and said that I wouldn't have to worry about him deleting threads anymore because he would not be posting anymore.

I decided to help him do away with temptation and removed his account for him.

He has been rude and disrespectful to anyone that posted anything about any of the girls that he feels are 'his friends'. He feels that he makes his own rules here on the forums and can do as he pleases. One of the threads he removed a month ago contained a lot of info that another user went back to try to retrieve. But useful info is not important if Gremlin decides that one of his theads needs to go.

To be completely and brutally honest here, a number of the girls on tour simply tolerate him because they are afraid not to. If he feels slighted by a player in any way, he can get very ugly. He won't be doing it on these forums anymore.

Mike

JoeyInCali
04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
I'd be scared if he were my "fan".
He has the symptoms of a stalker. lol

Rude Dog
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Best news I heard all day Mike.

APA7
04-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Gremlin had been asked over a month ago to stop removing threads when posts were made to them that he didn't like. (If you start a thread, and remove the first post then it removes the entire thread.)

He did it again this weekend and when I asked him why, he called me out on not catching redhotpeter quicker than he was caught and said that I wouldn't have to worry about him deleting threads anymore because he would not be posting anymore.

He has been rude and disrespectful to anyone that posted anything about any of the girls that he feels are 'his friends'. He feels that he makes his own rules here on the forums and can do as he pleases. One of the threads he removed a month ago contained a lot of info that another user went back to try to retrieve. But useful info is not important if Gremlin decides that one of his theads needs to go.

To be completely and brutally honest here, a number of the girls on tour simply tolerate him because they are afraid not to. If he feels slighted by a player in any way, he can get very ugly. He won't be doing it on these forums anymore.

Mike

I'm not big on censorship but in this case,I'll make an exception :p

Good riddance Gremlin :rolleyes:

Brian

buddha162
04-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Valid reasons Mike, good decision.

-Roger

LastTwo
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM

Mike

This is the greatest day in this forum's history.

JustPlay
04-17-2005, 11:06 PM
Beautiful!

Rod
04-17-2005, 11:17 PM

Mike

Tolerate, good choice of words Mike. Like you said, one word and he can get ugly. Anyone with over 4000 photos of the women players needs some evaluation. Good to see him gone, last laugh is on us, the forum members.

Rod

APA9
04-17-2005, 11:26 PM
This is the greatest day in this forum's history.

I'll drink to that! Oh no, wait, that's what Gremlin would do. I second that!

vapoolplayer
04-18-2005, 12:42 AM

Mike

right on mike, i didn't want to post that info, but i know a few of the women i've talked to are pretty weirded out by him.

i've also talked to several players who weren't overly happy when he would just up and post their picture for the entire world to see.

VAP

Renegade
04-18-2005, 01:27 AM
I don't know him personally but i used to think it was cool that he had a lot of things to share -- opinions, pictures, info. i wondered a bit how he had such a large collection of photos but i just assumed he was a friend to a lot of the players and went with them on tournaments. but come to think of it, it is kind of creepy, now that you guys mentioned it.

LastTwo
04-18-2005, 02:51 AM
right on mike, i didn't want to post that info, but i know a few of the women i've talked to are pretty weirded out by him.

VAP

I know some players who also think he is creepy and try to avoid him.

JimS
04-18-2005, 02:59 AM
It has been my observation, both here and on the ccb, over a period of several years, that his behavior as often been undesireable and in fact unacceptable, by my standards..and I have no other standards by which to make decisions. Given this sort of history I believe that you made a decision that will improve the quality of the community as a whole. In other words....Thanks! You set your standards and backed them up with the authority you have. That's your perogative in you positon as "da man"! :)

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm kinda stunned, even though I was on his ignorant list for a long time. He did provide some very good pictures here on the forum. Although Gremlin and I had words with each other over the years, not too long ago I requested a picture of a pro male player for my "wall of fame", and he really went the extra mile to make sure I got the right picture and that I had a number to choose from. I guess there's a certain amount of good and bad in all of us and either can surface at any time, especially in the world of cyberspace.

tom haney
04-18-2005, 05:41 AM
That's right, guys. Kick him when he's down. Now,
don't you feel better?

1pRoscoe
04-18-2005, 05:54 AM
You all are just slanderous liars!!!! :D

cheesemouse
04-18-2005, 05:58 AM
It's your choice Mike but I think the entertainment level has just been lowered. I liked the guy and his support of the only viable pool tour out there...sad...

cardiac kid
04-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Mike,

I believe, from time to time, each of us have posted something we are not proud of. Gremlin and I have disagreed on a few subject over the years. Perhaps having a different point of view would be more correct. This may be too close to burning or banning books for my taste. Then again, I could be wrong. Ain't America great!!!!!!

AceHigh
04-18-2005, 06:10 AM
You know, for the longest time, I actually thought this Gremlin person was a woman. A beautiful, pool-loving woman, who spent a lot of time with the pro female players. Then I found out Gremlin was actually a guy. EWWWWWWW. What a crazy stalker. Thank you for pumping me up, and then deflating me with your needle of mistrust and lies.

ScottR
04-18-2005, 06:11 AM
I agree with the choice; especially for the reasons you gave, Mike. He shouldn't have deleted good information just because he didn't like the way the thread was going.

On the flip side, I'm going to miss the pictures (obtained through stalker-tactics or not), AND his innate ability to push peoples buttons. Hell, I was tempted to respond to one of his stupid posts several times, but others beat me to the punch with more wit than I have. It was fun to lurk on those. :p

Michael Webb
04-18-2005, 06:54 AM
I agree with the choice; especially for the reasons you gave, Mike. He shouldn't have deleted good information just because he didn't like the way the thread was going.

On the flip side, I'm going to miss the pictures (obtained through stalker-tactics or not), AND his innate ability to push peoples buttons. Hell, I was tempted to respond to one of his stupid posts several times, but others beat me to the punch with more wit than I have. It was fun to lurk on those. :p

Well said. I have to admit Gremlin was becoming a voice that defended the UPA, as much as I disagree with what they do, but his post allowed me to voice my opinions. And even though they lurk and don't respond for obvious reasons, they still get to see what people think.

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 07:02 AM

Mike

If Gremlin is to start us off, who are the others?

Do you know who was actually behind Tiffpoolbum and Redhotpeter?
Was it:

(a) someone who posts regularly and will still be with us

(b) someone who posts regularly and will be banned as a result of the two aliases

(c) someone who has already been banned but came back as aliases

chefjeff
04-18-2005, 07:13 AM
How did Gremlin gets his post number back to one (1)?

Thanks for the heads up on threads disappearing....I wondered what happened to them.

Jeff Livingston

Superstroke
04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
CHEERS!!!!!!! to AZHousePro!. lol

You did the right thing Mike. Now you just have to stop him from coming back as another name.

Superstroke

Purdman
04-18-2005, 07:16 AM
If Gremlin is to start us off, who are the others?

Do you know who was actually behind Tiffpoolbum and Redhotpeter?
Was it:

(a) someone who posts regularly and will still be with us

(b) someone who posts regularly and will be banned as a result of the two aliases

(c) someone who has already been banned but came back as aliases

It was TurquoiseCrazy. He got booted and returned as someone else. I know he was redhotpeter. He was busting my chops about the China thread a while back.
Don P.

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 07:20 AM
It was TurquoiseCrazy. He got booted and returned as someone else.
Don P.

Do you mean he got booted as you said....or that he got "rebooted" AS TurquoiseCrazy from having been booted as someone else before that?

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 07:46 AM
I don't think we will have to worry too much about Gremlin coming back on as another user. It would be pretty hard to not recognize his posts immediately.

It appears as if he has taken up residence over at southernbilliards.com for now.

I feel for those users.

Mike

OldHasBeen
04-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Mike - Do you have a list of ALL past members who have been banned?
TY & GL

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
I do have a list of all banned members. The vast majority of them are Fast Larry and all of his multiple personalities.

I didn't ban Gremlin. I deleted him. Banning him would have left the option of unbanning him.

Mike

Mike - Do you have a list of ALL past members who have been banned?
TY & GL

DaveK
04-18-2005, 08:00 AM

Mike

And you, my friend, are a master of the understatement !

Dave

no-sho
04-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I do have a list of all banned members. The vast majority of them are Fast Larry and all of his multiple personalities.

I didn't ban Gremlin. I deleted him. Banning him would have left the option of unbanning him.

Mike

I'd be interested in how many aliases FL had Mike? He was a character!!!!
Sometimes I actually think I miss his sarcasm, "bozo can't run 3 freakin balls"!

no-sho

Barbara
04-18-2005, 08:34 AM

Mike

Mike,

That's exactly what I heard about him last weekend!

Barbara

bud green
04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Deleting posts is enough to get banned as far as I'm concerned if it's a regular thing.

The pictures were nice but the idea of creepy stalker guy taking a 1000 pictures of girls as they lean over the table and shoot is a little too much... I'm sure he's sharked them more than a few times.

His condescending attitude did get pretty old; I don't think anyone needs this guy around to tell us how dumb he thinks we are.

TATE
04-18-2005, 10:09 AM

Mike

Mike,

I won't miss the asshole.

Chris

BazookaJoe
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Good riddance

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
A large # of his pics were not taken by him. I suspect anytime he saw a pic he liked, he saved it. Then he would post it later as one of his.

I know for a fact that a number of "his pics" were actually taken by Diana Hoppe and she was not pleased about it.

Mike

Wally in Cincy
04-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Mike,

I won't miss the asshole.

Chris

ditto that.

He did have a bad habit of deleting any post that caught flak. I guess he would sober up the next day and realize how rude his posts were.

Anyway,

Cheers !! :D

ScottR
04-18-2005, 12:33 PM
A large # of his pics were not taken by him. I suspect anytime he saw a pic he liked, he saved it. Then he would post it later as one of his.

I know for a fact that a number of "his pics" were actually taken by Diana Hoppe and she was not pleased about it.

Mike
I now officially retract my previous appreciation of the pics he posted. As far as I am concerned, he is on 'double-secret probation' and he can launder and iron Neidermeyer's tighty-whitey's. :mad:

jjinfla
04-18-2005, 12:55 PM

Mike

Sounds like you are punishing a man for a fault with your board.

And you allowed "redhotpeter"? I'll bet you were laughing like a high school kid when you first read it.

Women afraid of him? Hell no, they just like his money and will take all he wants to give them.

500 pictures? Hell I'll bet he takes that many at every tournament he goes to. With a digital camera it is hard not to take a lot of pictures.

Mike you sound like the little kid at the ball field, "Don't want to play my way I'm taking my bat and going home".

So who is going to take over the task of keeping us informed about the women? Landshark77 with her potty mouth?

Jake

landshark77
04-18-2005, 01:05 PM

And you allowed "redhotpeter"? I'll bet you were laughing like a high school kid when you first read it.

Women afraid of him? Hell no, they just like his money and will take all he wants to give them.

500 pictures? Hell I'll bet he takes that many at every tournament he goes to. With a digital camera it is hard not to take a lot of pictures.

Mike you sound like the little kid at the ball field, "Don't want to play my way I'm taking my bat and going home".

So who is going to take over the task of keeping us informed about the women? Landshark77 with her potty mouth?

Jake

Really Jake, you should involve yourself more in the pool community...maybe then you will know what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

vapoolplayer
04-18-2005, 01:08 PM

Jake

hey mike, looks like we have another to add to the list............. :cool:

i might as well get banned to..........jake......shut the **** up. :D

VAP

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM

Well, that and a few other things.

It was tiffpoolbum's message saying the green guy was her special someone that finally got my attention. That didn't sound anything like something she would post. To be honest, it didn't sound like anything that any female player would post.

Believe me, there are some that would be glad to be away from him and his money. It would take a lot of money to pay for having to look over your shoulder all the time when you were out doing your job.

No, actually it would be more like the big kid at the ball field, "Don't want to play my way I'm taking my bat, ball, and field and sending you home".

If you truly miss him, I am sure he will post in all of his glory over at southernbilliards.com

Until they get tired of him, of course.

Mike

Eric.
04-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Really Jake, you should involve yourself more in the pool community...maybe then you will know what you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Easy there, Potty mouth :p

Eric

Rude Dog
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM

Jake
Whatta clown you are. If you miss the Gremstalker so much, go join him at the other site. I'd ban your ass just for something to do. Mike did the right thing, it just took him a little longer to do it because he DOES have a heart.

Rickw
04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Someone made the comment about this being America. Seems to me that this is the internet, not America. I'm an American and proud of it enough to fight for it for 4 years and come out of it as a disabled vet. That being said, this internet site can be viewed by anyone in the world that has internet access so this is not an American thing but an internet issue. Mike is I believe the owner of this site and can ban anyone he wants whenever he wants. This board is not a democracy and shouldn't be one.

Gremlin used to be a supporter of one of the British pros that came over and a supposed friend of that pro got into a verbal altercation with Gremlin and Gremlin started hurling a bunch of crap at that pro. I don't know if anyone remembers that but it was really inappropriate. If I was Mike, I would have banned him then. If he was doing something that Mike asked him not to do and he kept doing it, Mike did the right thing. It's his board and he can do what he wants with it. I for one appreciate all the hard work he puts in. Thanks Mike! Keep up the good work!

Tom In Cincy
04-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Whatta clown you are. If you miss the Gremstalker so much, go join him at the other site. I'd ban your ass just for something to do. Mike did the right thing, it just took him a little longer to do it because he DOES have a heart.

Tap! Tap!

Rude Dawd... you just have a knack of telling it like it is.. I appreciate that about you..

Mike Howerton has to clean out the garbage, just like anyone else. Otherwise the place (AZBilliards forums) will start to STINK.

How long do you think Gremlin would have lasted in any pool hall, spouting off and 'annoying' playres, without the internet behind him?

DaveK
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Someone made the comment about this being America. Seems to me that this is the internet, not America. I'm an American and proud of it enough to fight for it for 4 years and come out of it as a disabled vet. That being said, this internet site can be viewed by anyone in the world that has internet access so this is not an American thing but an internet issue. Mike is I believe the owner of this site and can ban anyone he wants whenever he wants. This board is not a democracy and shouldn't be one.

Well said, you have a rather enlightened attitude regarding the Internet. Just out of curiousity I popped over to the board where Grem is supposedly posting (listed earlier in this thread). The 'Professor' who runs that board said pretty much the same thing "I won this board, it's not a democracy, I do as I see fit". Grem had posted a 'Press Release' about being banned from here ... what a great way to introduce yourself :rolleyes:

Dave

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
A "press release"? Now that is a good one.

Like anyone in this world besides Gremlin cares where he posts.

Mike

jjinfla
04-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Sure a lot of hate on this board. What's the matter fellos/girls the price of gas grabbing you in the wallet and you can't afford to drive to the poolroom so you have to sit home and talk trash to a stupid computer.

You guys must have me confused with someone who gives a royal f

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
A "press release"? Now that is a good one.

Like anyone in this world besides Gremlin cares where he posts.

Mike

I've never seen you so vocal on here, even with FL. The green guy REALLY must have gotten under your skin big time, and for a long time. Normally you're extremely tolerant and let things just play out, which is good because they normally do (as well as provide excitement for the troops). But not on this one! The moral to this story is..........DON'T F*#K with the MIKESTER!! :D

AzHousePro
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
He was kind of like a thorn in your side that you just can't get rid of. I was close a number of times, but I was trying to be tolerant. The last thing I ever want to do is throw someone off the forums. I had finally just had enough.

Mike

the6ballkid
04-18-2005, 05:48 PM
He was kind of like a thorn in your side that you just can't get rid of. I was close a number of times, but I was trying to be tolerant. The last thing I ever want to do is throw someone off the forums. I had finally just had enough.

Mike

thanks....... i really disliked him.....

Rickw
04-18-2005, 08:28 PM
The scary thing is, he now has much more time to stalk those poor women!