PDA

View Full Version : SE Open 9-Ball Highlights

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 08:59 AM

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 09:06 AM
One of the other highlights was probably when you walked in the front door.

"Hot-ziggety-damn" were the words spoken in unison......... ;)

ScottR
04-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Don't shoot me DM . . . . . . I never made it to the tournament and and didn't meet the lovely lady. My loss, no doubt. :(

I know, I know. Poor execution like this is one of the reasons that you have that restraining order against me trying one of your cues. Waaa-ahhhhhh.

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Don't shoot me DM . . . . . . I never made it to the tournament and and didn't meet the lovely lady. My loss, no doubt. :(

I know, I know. Poor execution like this is one of the reasons that you have that restraining order against me trying one of your cues. Waaa-ahhhhhh.

I don't think a public verbal flogging and name calling will do any good....I'll have to meet up with you in person and use your head like bongo drums...and you're right, NO CUE FOR YOU!!!

fluidstroke
04-18-2005, 10:04 AM
really john was the one that started the rack crap. he was the one that tried to get in pauls head. he did everything he could to distract paul. hennessee got what he usally deserves a loss. for a pro type player he has kindergarden type class.

cuechick
04-18-2005, 12:35 PM
really john was the one that started the rack crap. he was the one that tried to get in pauls head. he did everything he could to distract paul. hennessee got what he usally deserves a loss. for a pro type player he has kindergarden type class.

I second that... Jon is a total Shark...and since this is Paul's home room trust me the majority there were in his corner! Hence the big applause when he won. I will say jon has a lot of heart...he came back in severel matches and a lot of talented, if he lost the attitude who knows?

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Jon checked ONE of Paul's racks, and when he wasn't shooting, he was watching Brian Butler and David Moxson play on table four.

cuechick
04-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Checking racks is just a part of the buisness of pool...many of the players there were doing that including Johnny Archer.

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I understand checking racks sometimes, but Paul was checking every one of Jon's out of spite. He ran eight racks on Jon, but you didn't see Jon checking all of Paul's racks.

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I understand checking racks sometimes, but Paul was checking every one of Jon's out of spite. He ran eight racks on Jon, but you didn't see Jon checking all of Paul's racks.

Marissa...will you quit talking about racks...I can't get my thoughts straight.

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 02:38 PM
DM, are you flirting with me? ... Good =)

(Maybe I should change my picture to one where I'm wearing a little more? lol)

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM

NO....NO......a THOUSAND TIMES NO....anything but that!!

Jude Rosenstock
04-18-2005, 02:57 PM

What the? I thought that was your winter pic. It's spring now, sweetie.

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
You boys are incorrigible!

Jude Rosenstock
04-18-2005, 03:12 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DaveK
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM

You might be encouraging the incorrigibles with that avatar ... of course I think you've known that all along :D

Carry on ...

Dave, who saw Ryan McCreesh inspect every rack against Keith McCready the other night when TSN showed selected games from their US Open 9 Ball match ...

Sweet Marissa
04-18-2005, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=DaveK]You might be encouraging the incorrigibles with that avatar ... of course I think you've known that all along :D QUOTE]

It's a headshot from a test shoot that included lingerie. It seems to be everyone's favourite. lol I'm really average in person... I just happen to photograph well sometimes. I prefer to be behind the camera usually, and will have my site up (hopefully) soon - www.marissaphoto.com. And my zed card will probably not be on there!

drivermaker
04-18-2005, 05:49 PM
It's a headshot from a test shoot that included lingerie. It seems to be everyone's favourite. lol I'm really average in person... I just happen to photograph well sometimes. I prefer to be behind the camera usually, and will have my site up (hopefully) soon - www.marissaphoto.com. And my zed card will probably not be on there!

I knew it!! I knew it!! I was going to ask you if you've ever modeled, and if not, suggest that you do. Driver definitely has an eye for these kinds of things and NEVER misses the shot, unlike in pool. (But we all do in that)

deadstroke32
04-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I knew it!! I knew it!! I was going to ask you if you've ever modeled, and if not, suggest that you do. Driver definitely has an eye for these kinds of things and NEVER misses the shot, unlike in pool. (But we all do in that)

thanks 4 the up date.
Hope to bump in to ya soon..
Im not hard to find ........>>>>>>kow what i mean.. :D

ScottR
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Danger, danger, Will Robinson. Fire hose cool-down for Drivermaker. STAT!!! Spontaneous combustion iminent! Ohhhh, nevermind. That was me. Whew! :p

PoolBum
04-19-2005, 12:43 AM

Yeah, I think that the manner/circumstances in which you check racks says something. Some guys make it a practice to check every single rack. (I think Souquet and Varner both do this). On the other hand, checking racks can be a way to try and get into your opponent's head. I don't like to think of those sorts of psychological techniques as part of the game (I know some people do), though I know they happen all the time. Many players are just petty, and will try every trick in the book to win. I make it a practice to completely ignore the antics of those sorts of players.

PoolBum
04-19-2005, 12:57 AM
It's a headshot from a test shoot that included lingerie. It seems to be everyone's favourite. lol I'm really average in person...

Um, for some reason I am skeptical about that.

lukeinva
04-19-2005, 01:02 AM

A little less would be even better!!! hehehehehehe :D

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I think that the manner/circumstances in which you check racks says something. Some guys make it a practice to check every single rack. (I think Souquet and Varner both do this). On the other hand, checking racks can be a way to try and get into your opponent's head. I don't like to think of those sorts of psychological techniques as part of the game (I know some people do), though I know they happen all the time. Many players are just petty, and will try every trick in the book to win. I make it a practice to completely ignore the antics of those sorts of players.

It was clear that Paul was doing it out of malevolence. Like I said, Jon checked one out of Paul's eight racks. He just got upset because Jon fought back to get even.

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Um, for some reason I am skeptical about that.

And PB, I really am average - I don't even have a boy/girlfriend... though I am taking applications!

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 07:02 AM
I don't even have a boy/girlfriend...

Whoa....now that's interesting.....

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:03 AM
though I am taking applications!

ROTFLMAO!

Landshark77 <~ the trend starter :p :p

One question Marissa...I HAVE to ask...are you who you say you are or are you "Peter"?? :confused:

vapoolplayer
04-19-2005, 07:04 AM
And PB, I really am average - I don't even have a boy/girlfriend... though I am taking applications!

hmmmm, maybe its time to start another one of those boyfriend application threads again.......although this time, unlike the UPA........its open to women as well :D

VAP

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 07:06 AM
One question Marissa...I HAVE to ask...are you who you say you are or are you "Peter"?? :confused:

Marissa...I think your first applicant/interview just walked in. Phrase your interview questions carefully...LS likes to be "Peter".

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Marissa...I think your first applicant/interview just walked in. Phrase your interview questions carefully...LS likes to be "Peter".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: THAT is NOT what I was asking Drivermaker. Please don't try to read in to things, it was a serious question. :rolleyes:

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 07:14 AM

vapoolplayer
04-19-2005, 07:16 AM
I like girls, too... but don't get all excited - I am monogamous. I happen to believe it's who a person is on the inside one falls in love with. Do I sound lika a hopeless romantic? lol

well then, drivermaker is in luck.........since there's not much to look at on the outside........maybe he's got something inside.............oh wait, i was wrong.........DM......you're screwed :D

VAP

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM

Jude Rosenstock
04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
I like girls, too... but don't get all excited - I am monogamous. I happen to believe it's who a person is on the inside one falls in love with. Do I sound lika a hopeless romantic? lol

Okay, "hopeless" didn't fall anywhere on the words I was thinking of.

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:34 AM
I think LS was asking if I'm really a guy posting as a girl... I'm very much a girl! I've actually dated a couple pool players, being a pool player myself.
Ah, Marissa...you are very close. It is not a concern of mine if you are male or female. I am just wondering if you are the same person as TurquoiseCrazy, Tiffpoolbum, Redhotpeter, and a slew of other aliases....hmm?????

vapoolplayer
04-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Ah, Marissa...you are very close. It is not a concern of mine if you are male or female. I am just wondering if you are the same person as TurquoiseCrazy, Tiffpoolbum, Redhotpeter, and a slew of other aliases....hmm?????

is this a bit of jealousy i detect???? :confused: :D

VAP

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 07:45 AM

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:47 AM
is this a bit of jealousy i detect???? :confused: :D

VAP
Nope...like Scooby Doo, I'm just tryin to solve a mystery. You want action on this??? :confused: :D

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:54 AM
OMG "Redhotpeter"??? I'm in a fit of giggles now... literally! LS, I assure you this is my only "identity", other than when I fight crime. But if you do want, I can email you any number of photos to reaffirm who I am or you can even call me during my lunch hour. Let me know! =)

No thank you...I think I'll just let this all play out.

Just remember boys...I called it first. That either reaffirms I am psycho or that I am smarter than the average bear. Either way, it's just the internet...nothing is as it seems...nothing!

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 08:00 AM
But if you do want, I can email you any number of photos to reaffirm who I am or you can even call me during my lunch hour.

Damn it...SOMEBODY has to be the arbiter, so I guess I'LL have to be the one to do it. Send a minimum of 50 of the most provocative photos that you have to me and I'll look them over closely to make sure you're not a male, transsexual, transvestite, or anything else but all hot-blooded woman.
(Why do I always get stuck with these kinds of jobs)?

vapoolplayer
04-19-2005, 08:10 AM
Damn it...SOMEBODY has to be the arbiter, so I guess I'LL have to be the one to do it. Send a minimum of 50 of the most provocative photos that you have to me and I'll look them over closely to make sure you're not a male, transsexual, transvestite, or anything else but all hot-blooded woman.

well since i am the younger person here, and i know how tired you old folks get, i guess i'll have to do my civil duties...........

dammit, why am i such a nice guy all the time.

don't ever say i never did anything for you DM. :D

VAP

ScottR
04-19-2005, 08:10 AM
ROTFLMAO!

Landshark77 <~ the trend starter :p :p

Oh, she's who she says she is, alright. I have proof!! :)

Koop
04-19-2005, 08:11 AM

No worries DM. I will begrudgingly take on the responsibility seeing how I can tell this is something you would rather not do.

And make it 100 photos. You can never be too certain...

ScottR
04-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Nope. Not even close.

Koop
04-19-2005, 08:12 AM
By the way Marissa, that's me in the photo. I'm a real looker aren't I.

landshark77
04-19-2005, 08:16 AM

Well then it looks like I'll be needing some of Uncle Jack's blue pills. :p

Sorry Marissa...the timing of several things led me to believe differently. Good luck with your application. I see you have several prospects already. :eek:

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 08:24 AM

You SOB, POS....you've been holding out on me. No cue for sure now! :mad:

cueman
04-19-2005, 08:26 AM
My most memorable moment from the tournament was when I was double hill in a match and made the nine thin back into the corner only to go off the rail and scratch in the other corner. Not exactly a highlight though!
Chris
www.hightowercues.com

ScottR
04-19-2005, 08:30 AM
You SOB, POS....you've been holding out on me. No cue for sure now! :mad:
MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . . . :cool:

DaveK
04-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Nope...like Scooby Doo, I'm just tryin to solve a mystery. You want action on this??? :confused: :D

What mystery ? The posts now include a full name, age, occupation, and employer ! Give her (or whatever you think) a call if you can get your paws to a phone !

Dave, who hopes that the excessive information posted does not attract any harm

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:50 AM

vapoolplayer
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty well-known in Columbus, having grown up here since the early 90s, and in the pool world, so it's fairly easy to find out anything about me. This is pretty funny, though I can't deny I'm loving the attention! lol

ok, this has to stop........this calls for a house call. how can i find you??? LOL

VAP(bored as hell)

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
By the way Marissa, that's me in the photo. I'm a real looker aren't I.

Let's just say that I'm sure your momma still loves you, however, you're still a hell of a lot better looking than VAP! LOL

ScottR
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
ok, this has to stop........this calls for a house call. how can i find you??? LOL

VAP(bored as hell)

Too late. Drivermaker is Driver-ing down to Columbus as we speak. He says he's going to the grocery store. Yeah, right!

Marissa, LOCK THE DOOR!!!! :p

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:00 AM

ScottR
04-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I'm impressed with Jerry Yost... he found one of my modelling profiles on here. (Ah, the internet!) I'm everywhere lol I have a "casual" pic I'll put on here for anyone still doubting. Don't laugh! Like I said: I'm average...

Post the pic or I'll put up the link to the chamber of commerce fundraising page. j/k ;)

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM

Perk
04-19-2005, 09:29 AM
35% of your goal imagine that... :)
70 New Members!

That was way to simple. Catch the Fever!
Cheers!

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM

ScottR
04-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Eh, that's a bad picture! I wasn't expecting for them to surprise me at the office... They were recognising my efforts in the membership drive.

Put up a link to some of my art!
I know. Just goes to show that even beautiful women have occasional bad hair days. :p

PoolBum
I've actually dated a couple pool players...

My condolences. I hoped you learned from the experiences.

Perk
Picture doesnt matter. Its you and they all look great!

BTW: That Angela looks like she is selling alot more than you. :)

ScottR
04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
What can I say... I like to stay involved with my community =)

So is this pic better? Or change?
THIS ONE! THIS ONE! Must . . . . . . take . . . . . . cold . . . . . .shower . . .

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:43 AM

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
That either reaffirms I am psycho or that I am smarter than the average bear.

LMAO...I guess we never needed "proof" to figure out the answer to that one!! (I think I just pee'd my pants from laughing so hard)

Jude Rosenstock
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
The second one or this one?

Anyone else have opinions?

See, now THIS is Spring!

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 09:50 AM

ScottR
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
The second one or this one?

Anyone else have opinions?
The latest one . . . . :cool:

Ahhhh, damn. Must . . . . . . not . . . . . . turn . . . . . . into . . . . . . Gremlin . . . . get . . . . . thread . . . . . back . . . . . on . . . . . . track!

So, Chris H . . . . that really stinks about scratching on the nine, hill-hill. How did you finish in the tournament? :)

wagnew
04-19-2005, 10:00 AM

Questions? What does all this Marissa nonsense have to do with the SE Open?
Where was Tommy Kennedy? Did he sit this one out? Who finished in the top 10 of this tourney?

Sincerely,
Wayne

Koop
04-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Let's just say that I'm sure your momma still loves you, however, you're still a hell of a lot better looking than VAP! LOL

So what are you trying to say. You should see my brother. He gets even more women than me. Hard to believe I know. So Marissa what do you say? How can you resist this face...

ScottR
04-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Where was Tommy Kennedy? Did he sit this one out? Who finished in the top 10 of this tourney?

Sincerely,
Wayne
The "Marissa nonsense" is having fun with a good sport.

The tournament was won by Johnny Archer, David Broxton was second and a guy named Tony was third. I believe Tommy ran the tournament, but I don't know if he played.

Koop
04-19-2005, 10:15 AM
The "Marissa nonsense" is having fun with a good sport.

The tournament was won by Johnny Archer, David Broxton was second and a guy named Tony was third. I believe Tommy ran the tournament, but I don't know if he played.

Not to mention TK looks nothing like Marissa. I like good pool as much as the next guy but beautiful women came long before pool in my world.

the6ballkid
04-19-2005, 10:17 AM

Ahhhh, damn. Must . . . . . . not . . . . . . turn . . . . . . into . . . . . . Gremlin . . . . get . . . . . thread . . . . . back . . . . . on . . . . . . track!

:)

hahahahahaha..that is absoutly great!!!!!!
i am upset because i missed the pictures of marissayi.......

could you please post them again??? plleeaaseee??

da 6

cueman
04-19-2005, 10:30 AM

So, Chris H . . . . that really stinks about scratching on the nine, hill-hill. How did you finish in the tournament? :)
That was my first match and my second one went worse. I froze myself up against the 9 with only the 7 and 9 on the table while the score was 6 to 5 his way in a race to seven. So I guess that means I got last place. :( I did take a couple of higher end cue orders and sold a lathe. So it was a good day even though I was my own worse enemy at the table. I watched Johnny Archer play Ms Pac Man for a while. He plays that pretty strong also.
Chris
www.hightowercues.com

cueman
04-19-2005, 10:36 AM

Sincerely,
Wayne
Tommy played. He was still in when I left late Saturday night. They only showed the final four spots in the AZ article so I don't know how he finsihed. I wish they would have shown more so I would know if any of the other locals cashed. I know Paul Song and Hennessee both cashed because they were still there Sunday, but what place they got who knows. I will see what else I can find out.
Chris
www.hightowercues.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com

PoolBum
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Paul Song was a little punk in his set against Jonathan Hennessee. Jon, down 8-0, came back to get on the hill, and through every rack, Paul would come down and inspect and question each one... a petty, immature attempt to get into Jon’s head. Paul ended up winning the final game at double hill, to the disappointment of the crowd.

This surprises me a bit about Paul. I saw him play in a tournament last year and he seemed like a pretty well-behaved and respectful young man. Of course, anyone can get into this sort of back-and-forth one-upsmanship in a pool match, but I'm curious--if you've seen him play more often--do you think this is an anomaly for Paul or not?

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Johnny Archer won $1500 for first place, second place went to David Broxson with $1120, Tony Crosby came in third with $800, and Brian Butler won $500 coming in fourth.

Tommy played, but was put out Sunday. I'll ask him by who and post that and possibly more detailed results tonight.

And I think it's ironic we watched Johnny play more Ms Pac Man than anything else!

Jude Rosenstock
04-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Johnny Archer won $1500 for first place, second place went to David Broxson with $1120, Tony Crosby came in third with $800, and Brian Butler won $500 coming in fourth.

Tommy played, but was put out Sunday. I'll ask him by who and post that and possibly more detailed results tonight.

And I think it's ironic we watched Johnny play more Ms Pac Man than anything else!

This isn't the modern Ms. Pac Man that's really fast, is it? That game is EASY! He's got action.

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 12:31 PM

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 12:38 PM

Jude Rosenstock
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
So what are you trying to say. You should see my brother. He gets even more women than me. Hard to believe I know. So Marissa what do you say? How can you resist this face...

Dave, I think it's time to show Miss Yi the finer points of the New England area. So um, how much do you think it'll take to have Snookers put a banner with your name on it above one of the tables? Just tell her you'll meet her by da bah for some wicked cida and da joint's finest cuisine.

fluidstroke
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
This surprises me a bit about Paul. I saw him play in a tournament last year and he seemed like a pretty well-behaved and respectful young man. Of course, anyone can get into this sort of back-and-forth one-upsmanship in a pool match, but I'm curious--if you've seen him play more often--do you think this is an anomaly for Paul or not?
heres how it went. Paul won the first two games, Paul breaks and runs the next four. Now Jon checks rack. says its too high on spot. Paul reracks no still too high moves it no still not good. Finally Jon is satisfied. Paul breaks and runs the next two. Paul breaks plays safe gets ball in hand, runs and misses 6 ball. Jon gets out. Jon wins next 2 games. Now the nine starts rolling toward corner pocket on Jons break. Jon wins fifth game with nine on break straight to corner. Now is when Paul checks rack, only after nine rolled straight to corner. Nothing malicious about it. Just protecting himself from Jon leaving the back balls loose. Paul never said anything to Jon but Jon was talking to Paul telling him not to move talking to some people behind him Ms M? Throwing his cap and generally being a shark to try and win. Jon showed alot of heart coming back to hill it up. But Paul showed alot not to let Jons antics break his concetration in that last rack. Nothing easy on that one. Ms M you are way off base in your observations of that match. Hopefully you will pay more attention next time before you sully the character of one of the nicest and most respectful players in the game.

landshark77
04-19-2005, 01:58 PM
LMAO...I guess we never needed "proof" to figure out the answer to that one!! (I think I just pee'd my pants from laughing so hard)

LMAO...I thought maybe you were too distracted to catch that comment. :rolleyes: You have to admit the timing for some of this is just a bit odd...that is all I am saying. Anywho, I hope you win the boyfriend/ girlfriend contest Drivermaker. :D

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM

fluidstroke
04-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I sat with Angry White and four or five other guys and we all watched that set intensely. Their observations mirror mine and maintain the fact that Paul acted like a *****. I usually support Paul against his competition, being Korean and all, but the actuality remains... Jon was the gentleman in this match.
LMAO. What tripe. Anyone that has seen or played Paul knows that you are way off. Can anyone that has been around Jon when he is losing say it is out of character for him to be an ass? NOT. I chronicled how it went you just call names. Give me your intensely observed order of events. Jon made a helluva comeback but he lost deal with it.

Jude Rosenstock
04-19-2005, 02:22 PM
LMAO. What tripe.

Have you ever had tripe? Dude, it took me forever to get through a piece. So um, who's a "tripe"?

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 02:36 PM
LMAO...I thought maybe you were too distracted to catch that comment. :rolleyes: You have to admit the timing for some of this is just a bit odd...that is all I am saying. Anywho, I hope you win the boyfriend/ girlfriend contest Drivermaker. :D

Hey...if I win the boyfriend contest, and you win the girlfriend contest, you and I might still end up being together on certain weekends...ya never know. :eek:

JoeyA
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM

-------------

Drivermaker, now I know why you don't mess with RSB and spend all of your free time on AZbilliards....................................... .................................. Can't say as I blame ya. .................But you never, ever mentioned pool playing angels like Marrisa. Shame on you, you selfish rogue.
JoeyA (somebody throw ice water on me, please...and lots of it)

seiyaryu55
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
5th/6th Paul Song, Steve Moore $350

I have to admit, i have never seen paul play. But from what i know about him, he seems to be a nice guy. Better than the average pool players i come across.

Now, im not speaking for him, but i think he was probably fustrated. Heres his own words about the tournement:
i competed in the season finale championship tournament for the southeast 9-ball tour this weekend.. there were 50 players, with tons of top players from all over. johnny archer ended up winning.. but here's how i did. i lost my very first match.. i was so pissed! so i only had one loss left or else i'm done (double-elimination).. i ended up clawing my way to eventually finishing 5th place! quite a feat considering you have to win twice as many matches to get as far once you lose a match.. i beat some great players on the way, Scotty Townsend, BJ Ussery, Jonathan Hennessy, among others (names probably only familiar to those involved with the "serious" pool scene)..

gromulan
04-19-2005, 03:33 PM

I played on that table earlier in the day and I can understand checking the racks, especially Hennessey's. The back balls were loose and definately favored having the nine go in on the break. Since Jon made one during the match, I can't blame Paul for checking them - I would have.

landshark77
04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey...if I win the boyfriend contest, and you win the girlfriend contest, you and I might still end up being together on certain weekends...ya never know. :eek:

HAHAHAHAHA... I know I'm hot...but I would think that I would have to enter such a contest to win. I really ain't interested enough to give it a try...sorry. :( :(

gromulan
04-19-2005, 03:44 PM
I sat with Angry White and four or five other guys and we all watched that set intensely. Their observations mirror mine and maintain the fact that Paul acted like a *****. I usually support Paul against his competition, being Korean and all, but the actuality remains... Jon was the gentleman in this match.

Well there's your problem, anyone who sits with Angry for any length of time is sure to end up with a twisted view of reality :)

Seriously though, I thought Paul went a little overboard, but Jon is the kind of player who gets under your skin very, very fast. That being said he is a good guy to go on the road with, doesn't shower a lot and pulls a lot of moves, but he will get the money.

drivermaker
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
-------------

Drivermaker, now I know why you don't mess with RSB and spend all of your free time on AZbilliards....................................... .................................. Can't say as I blame ya. .................But you never, ever mentioned pool playing angels like Marrisa. Shame on you, you selfish rogue.
JoeyA (somebody throw ice water on me, please...and lots of it)

LMAO...some things you can share, and other things you can't. I'll tell you what tip I like to use on my cue if you're interested. Oh well....I didn't think you'd care. ;)

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 05:48 PM

Jack Flanagan
04-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Guys, if I can just find someone sweet, compassionate, with Christian values and morals, I'll consider myself lucky. Until I meet such a person, I guess I'll stay single =)

just like this younger generation,,,they all have their sights set way too high..LOL :D :D

Purdman
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Guys, if I can just find someone sweet, compassionate, with Christian values and morals, I'll consider myself lucky. Until I meet such a person, I guess I'll stay single =)

Excuse me. I want to go to your church! Did you run that avatar by your pastor?
You could meet me but I am already married to my best friend. I am just jerking your chain a little. :D It is a little odd.
God Bless, Purdman :cool:

landshark77
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM

I'll sit back and wait until the right winged Christian fundamentalists realize that you said you were into both sexes. :eek:

Purdman
04-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I'll sit back and wait until the right winged Christian fundamentalists realize that you said you were into both sexes. :eek:

WHOOOOOweee, that one got right past me LS. Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!! :( You gotta love it kid.
Purdman :cool: :p

My favorite bumper sticker says, THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT IS NEITHER

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:34 PM
LS, I believe in falling in love with someone's soul.
No doubt, and I'm not knocking it. All I am saying is I doubt the person you are looking for has Christian morals and values. Obviously you haven't kept up on the Church's beliefs on such activity.

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 07:50 PM

landshark77
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
I know what organised religion thinks. I don't think that the church supercedes God's love. Sexual preference isn't a choice. Why would any person choose to ostracise themself from society or alienate themself from their family? It just so happens that to me, race or gender isn't an issue.

Well said.

Like I said, I wasn't knocking it. I was just playing with your choice of terms.

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:08 PM

lukeinva
04-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Well I guess whatever tickles your pickle! And on the plus you will never go home lonely!! Also race shouldnt matter to any one cause its all pink in the middle!! Unless your a gay guy than I guess you would want it to be brown! :D

Nice pic too!!!

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:17 PM

lukeinva
04-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Luke, I don't go home with anyone! (But then I guess you have to be going out first...)

Yes that would help if you did actually leave the house!

landshark77
04-19-2005, 08:19 PM
LS, I private messaged you =)

OK...just to reiterate...I am NOT submitting an application...I'm just not interested...sorry. :( I am still in my Scooby Doo mode. ;)

lukeinva
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
OK...just to reiterate...I am NOT submitting an application...I'm just not interested...sorry. :( I am still in my Scooby Doo mode. ;)

Come on LS bring hubby a present home!! hehehe :D I am sure he wouldnt mind! The scooby doo thing I could have gone way way over the line but I choose to refrain myself and I dont want to get kicked off!!

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks to Tommy and Denise Kennedy for these complete results!

Payouts ($5620.00 Purse):
1st Johnny Archer$1500.00
2nd David Broxson $1120.00
3rd Tony Crosby $800.00
4th Brian Butler $500.00
5th/6th Steve Moore and Paul Song $350.00 each
7th/8th Jon Hennessee and David Crocker $200.00 each
9th/10th David Grossman and Aaron Frady $150.00 each
11th/12th Davis Maddox and Mike Staubes $150.00

local non-profit charity of Atlanta, GA received $70.00

NOTE:
Paul Song put Mike Staubes out 9-8
Jon Hennessee put David Maddox out
Steve Moore put David Grossman out 9-2
David Crocker put Aaron Frady out 9-7
Paul Song put Jon Hennessee out 9-8
Song was winning 8-0 when Hennessee came back to 8-8,
Song then made a great run out.
Steve Moore put David Crocker out
Brian Butler put Steve Moore out 9-1
Tony Crosby put Brian Butler out 9-7
Tony Crosby sent Paul song home 9-7
Johnny Archer put Tony Crosby out 9-4

lukeinva
04-19-2005, 08:51 PM

3rd Tony Crosby $800.00
4th Brian Butler $500.00

NOTE:

hey the thread is back on track!!!

stevelomako
04-19-2005, 08:52 PM
It was better off track!

cueman
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM

3rd Tony Crosby $800.00
4th Brian Butler $500.00

NOTE:
Glad to see David Crocker went on and cashed 7th/8th place. It was him that I made the nine on and scratched, double hill, first match. It was my first time to meet him. Seems like a real nice guy.

Sweet Marissa
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM

ScottR
04-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Hey, cueman... what's your real name and did I meet you at the tournament?
Real name is Chris Hightower. Provides a lot of great cue making and other pool related info here on the forums. Never met him, but seems like a great guy. Check out his website.

Scott

frankncali
04-20-2005, 04:26 AM
What happened to Bruce Berrong and Jim Jennings? Did neither play?

BTW- Marissa I know you. I will send you a private message and
explain. It was very briefly and from AU. Good to hear you are still
playing. Anything happening in Columbus these days? Ever see Clay Medlock
or Stan or Bill or anyone else?
frankncali

3rd Tony Crosby $800.00
4th Brian Butler $500.00

NOTE:

Purdman
04-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Well I guess whatever tickles your pickle! And on the plus you will never go home lonely!! Also race shouldnt matter to any one cause its all pink in the middle!! Unless your a gay guy than I guess you would want it to be brown! :D

Nice pic too!!!

It's all brown after 35. I met a professional waxer. She told me so.
Purdman :D

drivermaker
04-20-2005, 05:37 AM
HAHAHAHAHA... I know I'm hot...but I would think that I would have to enter such a contest to win. I really ain't interested enough to give it a try...sorry. :( :(

Well, like you, I think my application will have to be withdrawn also. Based on everything sweet Marissa is looking for in a man...hell, I couldn't even get away with faking that for one day. Besides, with my forum personna, I think she's a little afraid of me. For the life of me I can't figure out why. (I'm really tender, loving, caring, sensitive, like holding hands on midnight strolls on the beach, watching the sunrise in Maui, old movies that make you cry, romance novels) :confused: ;) :D

Koop
04-20-2005, 06:02 AM
I lived in Massachusetts for a couple years (Nov 1999 - Nov 2001) and I looove how y'all talk... well not the girls lol they sound too tough.

Did you go to school up here? By the way, they're not tough, just try to sound like it...

Koop
04-20-2005, 06:11 AM
Dave, I think it's time to show Miss Yi the finer points of the New England area. So um, how much do you think it'll take to have Snookers put a banner with your name on it above one of the tables? Just tell her you'll meet her by da bah for some wicked cida and da joint's finest cuisine.

Hey Jude,

I hear ya buddy. The only problem is it seems as though being stationed in the south for several years wiped out some of my accent. Damn them...
And a banner at Snookers; I think I need to be able to run more than friggin balls as our dearly departed friend used to say :-)

Dave

Sweet Marissa
04-20-2005, 06:55 AM

ScottR
04-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Well, like you, I think my application will have to be withdrawn also. Based on everything sweet Marissa is looking for in a man...hell, I couldn't even get away with faking that for one day. Besides, with my forum personna, I think she's a little afraid of me. For the life of me I can't figure out why. (I'm really tender, loving, caring, sensitive, like holding hands on midnight strolls on the beach, watching the sunrise in Maui, old movies that make you cry, romance novels) :confused: ;) :D
OK, WHO HIJACKED DRIVERMAKER'S ID???? :mad:

cueman
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
What happened to Bruce Berrong and Jim Jennings? Did neither play?

BTW- Marissa I know you. I will send you a private message and
explain. It was very briefly and from AU. Good to hear you are still
playing. Anything happening in Columbus these days? Ever see Clay Medlock
or Stan or Bill or anyone else?
frankncali
Bruce and Jim both palyed and went out early. Very unusual for Bruce.

cueman
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey, cueman... what's your real name and did I meet you at the tournament?
I saw you walking around there. I am the ugly 43 year old with black beard and a snakeskin wrapped cue.
Chris Hightower
www.hightowercues.com

frankncali
04-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Bruce and Jim both palyed and went out early. Very unusual for Bruce.

Thanks

Yeah thats very unusual. I wish I had his ability on the table. IMO
he should be playing with the big boys.
Jim has been doing well in the tournaments that I have been reading about as well. Nice guy.

Any action going on at the tournament?

Sweet Marissa
04-21-2005, 08:58 AM

greenkill
04-22-2005, 06:36 PM
this thread is pretty hilarious! =D

so what software company do you work for? i'm a programmer myself

atl9balla
04-23-2005, 11:42 PM
Paul Song was a little punk in his set against Jonathan Hennessee. Jon, down 8-0, came back to get on the hill, and through every rack, Paul would come down and inspect and question each one... a petty, immature attempt to get into Jon’s head. Paul ended up winning the final game at double hill, to the disappointment of the crowd.

heh, i realize this is quite a late reply, but anyhow, in defense of myself, jonathon was being an ass to me before the match even started.. he didn't want me to hit any balls to loosen up for the match.. and then within the first or second game, he was *****in about how i was "bouncing around the table.." what the? i guess he doesn't like the way i walk or something? anyhow, up until this point, i did nothing at all a reasonable person could complain about.. so after that and his checking my racks which were practically perfect and the 9-ball hardly ever moved, i decided i had no reason to be nice back to him, so i checked a bunch of his racks.. so what?

paul

atl9balla
04-23-2005, 11:47 PM

oh yeah, and i only began checking his racks after he made the 9 on the break on his first break to which i commented "nice rack" ..

vapoolplayer
04-24-2005, 02:28 AM
oh yeah, and i only began checking his racks after he made the 9 on the break on his first break to which i commented "nice rack" ..

people make too big a deal about some stuff dude..............you checked some racks, so what..........if that is enough to shark the guy, he shouldn't be playing anyway.

VAP

JAM
04-24-2005, 02:54 AM
people make too big a deal about some stuff dude..............you checked some racks, so what..........if that is enough to shark the guy, he shouldn't be playing anyway.

Around my neck of the woods, I was told by an unnamed TD that if a player does NOT examine, it is the player's fault for not correcting an imperfect rack. In other words, it is acceptable for players to rig racks as long as they are not caught, especially in breakers racking-their-own formats, which I think is ridiculous.

Neutral rackers is the only solution to prevent rack-rigging, and if one does not think this "cheating" happens, one is very naive. The players know who the BEST rack-riggers are.

I like Hennessee from Tennessee, and I think this young gun is a great player. Bottom line, some players cannot stand losing and end up exhibiting poor sportsmanship because of their overwhelming desire to WIN.

Young Jonathan has a lot of heart, and I look forward to seeing him advance in the years to come. He is an excellent action player and a strong tournament contender. Hopefully, as time goes by, he will see the error of his ways.

Some players absolutely do not take losing well. I've witnessed some poor losers break their cue sticks out of frustration, whine and groan about tournament conditions, and storm out of a venue vowing never to come back again (LOL). They always seem to keep coming back, though! ;)

Picture of Hennessee from Tennesse (far right) taken at the 2003 Carolinas Open at Fast Eddies in Goldsboro, North Carolina.

JAM

drivermaker
04-24-2005, 07:47 AM

And to also think that there could have been a budding romance and love affair with "sweet Marissa" that might have surpassed Anthony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliet, Harry and Sally, which would have gone down into the history books forever. But how do you ask someone out or want to put the hit on them after they've called you a "punk" and said other things like she did.
Tsk...tsk...tsk...it's kinda sad already...what a tragedy. :(

Sweet Marissa
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM

TheOne
04-24-2005, 06:57 PM
This thread is hilarious! I can honestl say this is the first time I have gone back and read all the posts of such a long thread, my interest in "pool" must be growing by the day! ;-)

Have the applications closed!!!? <say it aint so>

vapoolplayer
04-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh, goodness... Paul, I apologise for calling you a punk. I've got that Korean temperament.

hmmmmm, the whole story changes when the person in question shows up.......... ;)

VAP

Sweet Marissa
04-24-2005, 07:06 PM

greenkill
04-24-2005, 08:02 PM
lol... name calling =X

ScottR
04-25-2005, 05:53 AM
I apologised for the name-calling! I still think it was childish!
Your name calling was childish or his rack checking???? :confused:

Sweet Marissa
04-25-2005, 09:19 AM

Sharkeyes
06-12-2005, 01:51 AM
I know I'm very late in replying to this entire thing but I just have a few things to say. (I haven't been on this forum in a long time)
I hate to see the reputation of one of my closest friends being tarnished online just because someone with a pretty face spread a false rumor. Like some of the other members mentioned earlier, Paul is a very good player, not only in his skills but his sportmanship as well. I've never seen him try to shark another player during a match nor have I seen him sandbag his game to win more money. He goes out there and plays his heart out until its over with and afterwards walks away disappointed or happy but humble just the same. You'll actually find him more often in the corner quietly cursing himself out because of a bad shot than see him cry blasphemy to another player. Granted he's not a perfect person (like any of us are) but he tries to be courteous and kind to the rest of the players so there's no reason to bash him to simply get attention.

On a side note, I wouldn't use Angry's reputation nor his words as gospel (esp. to local ATL people) simply because if you knew him, you would think twice before believing everything he said. Not calling him a liar but definitely not saying he's a saint either. (If anyone's interested in seeing Angry. Come to Mr. Cues II during a $$ match. He'd be the big white dude in a jersey talking very loudly on his cell phone or to the people around him. Ask him to freestyle rap. He's good at it!)

Sharkeyes
06-12-2005, 02:00 AM
lol both

and btw, if you play competitive pool, rack checking is a smart thing because you want everything to be equal when the game starts. If it isn't equal, doesn't one player have an unfair advantage? If that player deliberately sets this advantage up, isn't that called cheating? Since there's no ref around to call things like that in most tournaments its up to both players to make sure things are even. Keep in mind that the break is a huge factor in 9ball esp. when the 9 keeps dropping into the hole on the snap.

Its not childish in any way. Its common sense, just like chalking your cue and aiming before you shoot. But I bet you knew that already...

JAM
06-12-2005, 04:04 AM
and btw, if you play competitive pool, rack checking is a smart thing because you want everything to be equal when the game starts.

Absolutely, Sharkeyes. I strongly agree with you 100 percent. :)

If it isn't equal, doesn't one player have an unfair advantage?

Yes. One player does have an unfair advantage, especially when they rig the rack in such a way as to make that wing ball fly in the corner every single time. I have seen players run 8-packs when the breaker racked his own balls. I have NEVER seen 8-packs run with the loser racking or a neutral racker.

This is the reason why MANY, not all, of the players do not like the alternate break format.

Everybody on the tournament trail knows who the best in the business is at rack-rigging. As we all know, they have books written about racking strategies. I have listened with my own ears as players share their knowledge of little tricks of the trade, showing the other little gaps in the rack, ensuring a wing ball to fly in the corner when breaking.

Without a doubt, IMHO, rack-rigging is rampant, and if a player does not check the rack, it is his loss. If pool ever had a dirty little secret, it is the rack riggers. Show me a neutral racker, and I'll show you somebody who CANNOT run 8-packs quite so easily.

Welcome back, Sharkeyes! You speak the truth! :)

JAM

Blackjack
06-12-2005, 08:07 AM
On a side note, I wouldn't use Angry's reputation nor his words as gospel (esp. to local ATL people) simply because if you knew him, you would think twice before believing everything he said. Not calling him a liar but definitely not saying he's a saint either. (If anyone's interested in seeing Angry. Come to Mr. Cues II during a $$ match. He'd be the big white dude in a jersey talking very loudly on his cell phone or to the people around him. Ask him to freestyle rap. He's good at it!)

He's a very strange nut, a very loud nut, but a good nut nonetheless. Wherever he is you know there's action. He's a good guy deep down.

Sharkeyes
06-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys. I just felt a little bad for Paul since I'm friends with him and all and I might be a little biased but I just don't like it when people bash on him for the wrong reasons.

cueman
06-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys. I just felt a little bad for Paul since I'm friends with him and all and I might be a little biased but I just don't like it when people bash on him for the wrong reasons.
I have played Paul many times and he has always been very nice to deal with.

Sharkeyes
06-13-2005, 04:50 AM
I have played Paul many times and he has always been very nice to deal with.

How are you doing chris? I don't know if you remember me. I'm one of the asian guys that played you at Pool Room during one of their 7ball tournaments.
But then you prolly see that a lot with Song chung and the other Song (not paul) there every other day. =P