PDA

View Full Version : straight pool 14.1 continious

kennyratt
04-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know of some good straight pool sites? Instruction,news ect.Thanks for all replys, Kennyratt

nail
04-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Instruction: "The Straight Pool Bible" by 'Babe' Cranfield (1997 BCA Hall of Fame). Excellent read!!!!!!!!

DJKeys
04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know of some good straight pool sites? Instruction,news ect.Thanks for all replys, Kennyratt

Phil Cappelle's Play Your Best Straight Pool is a great book with tons of good information-

dmgwalsh
04-18-2005, 08:46 PM

The two books mentioned are excellent. George Fels "Advanced Pool" has a section on straight pool that is very good.

Instructional videos that are good are: Mike Sigel , Perfect Pool and Run Out Pool, Jim Rempe How to run a rack and how to run 100 balls, Grady Mathews on straight Pool, Dallas West runs 100.

Accustats has many 14.1 tapes that are good. Player reviews are always good. Sigel/Zuglan is very good.

woody_968
04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
I agree that the books mentioned here are great ones to get ahold of. Also getting some accustat tapes with good commentary will really help.

Its a great game, but it takes alot of work to even begin to understand the game. I have never played a game where the rules are so simple, but the game (to be played well) is so hard.

Woody

Tom In Cincy
04-18-2005, 09:54 PM

Sadly, I haven't discoverd any 14.1 dedicated websites. If there are any out there, maybe someone would share that info.

Until then, 'The Straight Pool Bible' by Babe Cranfield & L. Moy is a must.

George Fels also offers 'How would you Play This?' that includes some very good 14.1 layouts.

Roscoe
04-19-2005, 06:29 AM
You may find some of these articles helpful:

http://www.easypooltutor.com/articles.html

Roscoe

kennyratt
04-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the replys,AZers!!! And yes, I do have B. Cranfield's book. A very good read. Best of Rolls, Kennyratt