PDA

View Full Version : OVNEA Hamilton

D_Lewis
02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Lots of good players, lots of action, not too much sleep.

Anyone have stories?

Elio D'Andrea played Jeff Pillon race to 13 for 5.

Great match, started around 4:30 Saturday AM. Finished up close to 6:00. Elio was amazing, Pillon made a big comeback and Elio came out on top.

Other matches I noticed. Mike Patay VS Justin Zammit, Mike Patay VS pretty much any random dude that walked by, Elio VS a guy all jacked up on liquid courage, race to two! Some funny looking kid played Elio, cracked jokes the whole time, Tyler Nearing VS Justin Zammit.

I was there tonight but I heard Jeff and Elio were going to go at it again.

I finally got rid of the curse known as BK2.

srs314
02-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Other matches I noticed. Mike Patay VS Justin Zammit, Mike Patay VS pretty much any random dude that walked by, Elio VS a guy all jacked up on liquid courage, race to two! Some funny looking kid played Elio, cracked jokes the whole time, Tyler Nearing VS Justin Zammit.

Who won these ones?

leaguedude
02-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Just got home from the OVNEA tournament in Hamilton and am now getting ready to crash out for a couple days, but before i do, i will try to update as best i can. First off the official results will be available at w.ovnea.c o m in the near future. The team events were still going when i left so no updates there.

Singles events
Gold singles 8ball champ Harvey Shognosh from Sarnia
Siver singles 8ball champ Jay Holdaway from Kitchener

action, action, action!!! Too many matches going off everywhere to keep up effectively. Lots of great players and up and coming players matching up on a moments notice. Anyone that showed up there would have got action easily.

Elio D'Andrea played Jeff Pillon race to 13 for 500 each plus another 400 each on the rail. final score Elio13-8Jeff

Great match, started around 4:30 Saturday AM. Finished up close to 6:00. Elio was amazing, Pillon made a big comeback and Elio came out on top.

Mike Patay VS Justin Zammit, Mike won
Mike Patay VS pretty much any random dude that walked by, Mike won
Elio VS a guy all jacked up on liquid courage, race to two! Elio won 100 2-0
Some funny looking kid played Elio, cracked jokes the whole time,Elio gave 2 games on the wire to 5 10 ball. Elio won 5-4 for 50. they played again, same outcome 5-4 for Elio for 50.

Tyler Nearing VS Justin Zammit. No details here but im real sure tyler won

Jeff and Elio were going to go at it again but Jeff's backer wasn't gonna bite and they searched for other action in the room. This is where it gets interesting, Jeff ends up matching up against Mike Patay (because he walked by lol) and i am currently trying to get the results of this match and will update when possible.

good night Canada!

D_Lewis
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Just got home from the OVNEA tournament in Hamilton and am now getting ready to crash out for a couple days, but before i do, i will try to update as best i can. First off the official results will be available at w.ovnea.c o m in the near future. The team events were still going when i left so no updates there.

Singles events
Gold singles 8ball champ Harvey Shognosh from Sarnia
Siver singles 8ball champ Jay Holdaway from Kitchener

action, action, action!!! Too many matches going off everywhere to keep up effectively. Lots of great players and up and coming players matching up on a moments notice. Anyone that showed up there would have got action easily.

Elio D'Andrea played Jeff Pillon race to 13 for 500 each plus another 400 each on the rail. final score Elio13-8Jeff

Mike Patay VS Justin Zammit, Mike won
Mike Patay VS pretty much any random dude that walked by, Mike won
Elio VS a guy all jacked up on liquid courage, race to two! Elio won 100 2-0
Some funny looking kid played Elio, cracked jokes the whole time,Elio gave 2 games on the wire to 5 10 ball. Elio won 5-4 for 50. they played again, same outcome 5-4 for Elio for 50.

Tyler Nearing VS Justin Zammit. No details here but im real sure tyler won

Jeff and Elio were going to go at it again but Jeff's backer wasn't gonna bite and they searched for other action in the room. This is where it gets interesting, Jeff ends up matching up against Mike Patay (because he walked by lol) and i am currently trying to get the results of this match and will update when possible.

good night Canada!

Justin VS Tyler, Justin won. Tyler then told him if they didnt adjust (Justin was getting 1 to 7) that they would kill his action for the night. Which pretty much they did, except against Mike.

I think Al Smart is going to match up with Tyler Nearing pretty soon in London.

srs314
02-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Ya, the Al Smart vs Tyler Nearing match would be a good one but I always like action at a neutral room, somewhere in between. That way I don't have to drive as far to watch.

Anyway it's great to hear all the details you guys posted, I will use them in a story on the front page if you don't mind. I will give you guys credit just email me your response and names, anything else you want on there.

I know who d_lewis is but not sure of your name leaguedude.

Thanks,

D_Lewis
02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Tyler always tells everyone to come to Strokers to play, maybe he feels more confident there, no idea.

I would imagine that Justin, Al and myself would all go down. Not sure how late Strokers will stay open but we have a place to crash if we have to come back and play the next night. Maybe then I can get a game with someone who isnt named Elio. ;)

Cuetips
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Ya, the Al Smart vs Tyler Nearing match would be a good one but I always like action at a neutral room, somewhere in between. That way I don't have to drive as far to watch.

Anyway it's great to hear all the details you guys posted, I will use them in a story on the front page if you don't mind. I will give you guys credit just email me your response and names, anything else you want on there.

I know who d_lewis is but not sure of your name leaguedude.

Thanks,

If the avatar is who leaguedude is, then it's Elio himself. His profile shows him as a league operator.

Walter