PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton VNEA

froznShooter
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Anyone going to Edmonton this week for the Vnea's? I am leaving Winnipeg late Wednesday and will be in Edmonton all weekend, Hope to see lots of people out for this one.

Todd

supergreenman
02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I will be there.

DaveK
02-18-2009, 08:11 AM
The guy I played last night in my singles league was talking about this ... there are a few Saskatoon folks going. Take it easy on my friend Darin please.

Dave

supergreenman
02-18-2009, 09:42 AM
The guy I played last night in my singles league was talking about this ... there are a few Saskatoon folks going. Take it easy on my friend Darin please.

Dave
With a single elimination format for the singles event, I doubt I'll be taking it easy on anybody (including myself).

DaveK
03-02-2009, 04:52 PM
With a single elimination format for the singles event, I doubt I'll be taking it easy on anybody (including myself).

Hey Buddy, how'd ya make out ?

I'll catch up with Darrin tomorrow and get the low-down on the 'toon-towners .... been outa contact with the boys latey.

Dave

supergreenman
03-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Hey Buddy, how'd ya make out ?

I'll catch up with Darrin tomorrow and get the low-down on the 'toon-towners .... been outa contact with the boys latey.

Dave

Singles.....
Rack 1 he broke and ran out.

Rack 2 I broke dry and he ran out

Rack 3 I had my chances but failed (missed a moderately hard shot on the 8) Down 3 in a race to 4 things were looking pretty grim :(
Rack 4 I broke and ran :D

Rack 5 the sneaky b@stard got me

Thus made a quick end to my entry in the singles tourny.

Teams we placed one round out of the money. ugh!!! Things a bad call from a ref and a teammate forgetting to patch a pocket:mad: were all part of our downfall. This wasn't our ideal team, we had to pick up a player because we were short.

We've been having problems keeping players all year and our showing at the tournament reflected that. It was quite frustrating because we had 2 players currently playing on our team that we're very happy that weren't allowed to play in the tournament because they didn't have the required weeks at the beginning of January.

I think we'll do much better at the year end trip playoffs. I'd like to make it 2 trip win in a row.

emccune
03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I played advanced division as always and won my first but played Edmonton's Benji Cardinal in my second match. A very strong 8 ball player. He ran a three pack on me right off the bat and left me 2 kicks in the next 2 games. For the first time in several years I lose 5-0 and don't cash. We get beat by 2 strong teams in the team advanced. One from Regina and another from Edmonton. Of course we suck by now anyway.

2 Calgary teams I play against regularly finished 3rd and 1st in the advanced. They will be masters next year.

Of course there was the usual sandbagging. A top Masters player from Calgary got into the intermediate singles somehow and won it all. That could be who beat you Greenman. His team took 1st in the advanced div and so will be masters next year. He runs 15-20 ero per 100 games usually. He should have been at least advanced div.

It was still fun though. I took the family up and my kid and wife spent 2 days at West Ed Mall at the wave pool. I'm glad it's back in Edmonton. I could never get a team up to go to Regina.

Ed

supergreenman
03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
It was a Calgary player that beat me, I know that, I don't have a clue what his name is, I forgot it the second the match was over.

I spent a fair amount of time in Calgary over the summer and they have some pretty strong players there.

I'm glad you had a good time in Edmonton, like you, I wouldn't give Regina a second thought. Too far to go and too ugly a city.