Sandy 780-6607128
Jodi 780-905-3993

Calcutta April 10 7:00 PM
Draw 8:00 PM
Matches April 10 9:00 PM
Dress Code in Effect

seether
03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Is Ten Ball something like Nine Ball? Like same rules or something?

LessThanMike
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Is Ten Ball something like Nine Ball? Like same rules or something?

similar rules yes....

10ball is called shots - Ball in pocket. however call a safety, or just a shot and pcketing a ball. or pocketing the ball in a different pocket allows the opponent to shoot where it lies, or pass the shot back. similar to a push out after a break.

DelayedJuice
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
The word in Edmonton is that they may be adding up to $10,000. The organizing committee say they'll know by next week. I'll be sure to post if it really is 10k added. That should be high enough to get some talent from the east to come to oil country.:groucho:

Jason Robichaud
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
The word in Edmonton is that they may be adding up to $10,000. The organizing committee say they'll know by next week. I'll be sure to post if it really is 10k added. That should be high enough to get some talent from the east to come to oil country.:groucho:

Any updates on this event... anyone signing up yet?

supergreenman
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Any updates on this event... anyone signing up yet?

You could check on the Alberta Billiards Facebook Group for updates.

jimmy-leggs
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Quick question.I looked up the Q club to see if there are any pictures of this place,can't find any.Is it a nice place?Is it a dump?Just curious.
I ussually go to Edmonton to visit family on Easter and if my girlfriend decides to go to Kamloops to visit her sister........I'm gonna be entering this tourny for shits and giggles.:eek:
You goin Greenman?Would be good to meet you and some fellow AZBers.

Jason Robichaud
03-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Quick question.I looked up the Q club to see if there are any pictures of this place,can't find any.Is it a nice place?Is it a dump?Just curious.
I ussually go to Edmonton to visit family on Easter and if my girlfriend decides to go to Kamloops to visit her sister........I'm gonna be entering this tourny for shits and giggles.:eek:
You goin Greenman?Would be good to meet you and some fellow AZBers.

I will find some pictures of the tables... The tables are about 6 1/2 outta 10. Diamond being 10 and OC's being an 8. They play level (last time I was there), just some problems with side pockets playing extremely tight. I will be playing this one. Started practicing this week.

Here is a picture of the type of table. They are something like the tables at OC's. Black Crown/Titan clone

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Nova_Scotia/Game_Tables_Accessories/1076/58826935/Marquis_pool_table_Manufactured_by.aspx

supergreenman
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Here's a picture of the tables. The hall is in an um ..... more interesting part of town where it would be best to leave your valuables in the trunk.

It is by far the best "Players" hall in the city. No brass on the bar, fancy lights or any of that, just pool mister. Thier kitchen has fairly good food.

The side pockets are tight, but the tables are level and consistant from one to the next. They are showing thier age but are for the most part well maintained.

I might come in to watch some of the tournament but usually on the weekends I have my kids, since the next weekend is Wal-mac (vnea) year end tournament I doubt I'll be able to get free.

Plus with the CCS westerns coming up in Calgary 2 or 3 weeks after that I'll have to pinch my pennies.

I'll know more closer to the event, let me know if you enter and I'll make an effort to stop in.

jimmy-leggs
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Thx guys,Sure hope i can make it.I will keep you guys posted.There will be a few beer on me if I can.

supergreenman
04-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Thx guys,Sure hope i can make it.I will keep you guys posted.There will be a few beer on me if I can.

So, what's up Jimmy, are you going to be there?

Oceanview
04-09-2009, 11:59 PM
curious how many players did the tourney end up getting?

jimmy-leggs
04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
So, what's up Jimmy, are you going to be there?

No,sorry Greenman,my girlfriend finished up her training in Toronto early.So I'm not going to make it.I hope they have a good turn-out.

Celtic
04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
curious how many players did the tourney end up getting?

adding characters...