PDA

View Full Version : CCS Canadian Championships

Mase
03-31-2009, 08:39 AM
The CCS Canadians will be running at the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel from Tuesday night until Saturday night next week. Even if you aren't a member come on out and try some of the mini tournaments. For more info see
http://www.cdnqsport.com/ccsevents/canadians/ccs_cdn_event.aspx

johnnydub
04-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Where would i find the info about the mini tourneys?

srs314
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Where would i find the info about the mini tourneys?

I think you just have to go and see, if I remember correctly they post them as people show interest.

Also I have just found out that Jason Klatt, Erik Hjorleifson, John Morra, Tyler Edey, Edwin Montal have been added to the ACS Pro list and will not be allowed to compete this year.

This will open the door up to a much larger group of great players so you should all be out there for this event!

supergreenman
04-01-2009, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=srs314;1746578]
Also I have just found out that Jason Klatt, Erik Hjorleifson, John Morra, Tyler Edey, Edwin Montal have been added to the ACS Pro list and will not be allowed to compete this year.

QUOTE]

I think this is a shame, yes I understand that this is an amature event, but having Edwin and Tyler show up to play at a tournament you're playing at, having a chance to draw them in one of the mini tournaments is an opportunity most people don't get.

I think they bring more to the tournament then they take away.

SGM

Mase
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE
I think this is a shame, yes I understand that this is an amature event, but having Edwin and Tyler show up to play at a tournament you're playing at, having a chance to draw them in one of the mini tournaments is an opportunity most people don't get.

SGM[/QUOTE]

Some would agree with you but the majority, I believe, want to play in a tournament where they have a chance to win. We work very hard at trying to get people and teams at the proper level so players have this chance. It is an amateur tournament and only amateurs are allowed to play.
CCS adopts the ACS pro list for our tournaments. It can be found at
http://www.americancuesports.org/DNN/Events/2009ACSNationals/MasterProPlayerListsMenWomen/tabid/183/Default.aspx

supergreenman
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE

SGM

Some would agree with you but the majority, I believe, want to play in a tournament where they have a chance to win. We work very hard at trying to get people and teams at the proper level so players have this chance. It is an amateur tournament and only amateurs are allowed to play.
CCS adopts the ACS pro list for our tournaments. It can be found at
http://www.americancuesports.org/DNN/Events/2009ACSNationals/MasterProPlayerListsMenWomen/tabid/183/Default.aspx[/QUOTE]

I think any A ranked player has a decent chance to beat them in a race to 5 on a barbox which is the format of the tournament.

If CCS wanted to make it more fair for the lower ranked players they would make the amount of time with out winning a division it takes to have your ranking dropped longer.

My team placed second a year and a half ago in BC and our ranking has already dropped.

Since then I think we've become a stronger team yet we get to play in the weaker division, do you think that's fair to the people in the weaker division?

srs314
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
I think any A ranked player has a decent chance to beat them in a race to 5 on a barbox which is the format of the tournament.

If CCS wanted to make it more fair for the lower ranked players they would make the amount of time with out winning a division it takes to have your ranking dropped longer.

My team placed second a year and a half ago in BC and our ranking has already dropped.

Since then I think we've become a stronger team yet we get to play in the weaker division, do you think that's fair to the people in the weaker division?

I agree with the fact that an A ranked player could beat them. I also understand though that this league is considered to be for amateur players.

It's a fine line between Pro and Amateur considering there is no real designation in North America.

Leagues and Tours are forced to go by results in previous events to decide on who is in and who is out. This is not a perfect system as you pointed out based on your team, however it does make a difference.

One thing that would be interesting to try is what the BCA does in Vegas and that would be to have a big money invitational at the venue and get the top players there to compete on the 9 footers. The league event would provide a built in audiance for this event and it could be something great.

Could even have a west vs. east team event to showcase our top players.

Mase
04-02-2009, 01:22 PM

The only way you can get your ranking dropped is to play in two events and not get in the money. If your team is that strong you should be cashing.

If you play in the weaker division and do well, you will be bumped up to the next higher division in that tournament. Its explained fairly well at;
http://www.cdnqsport.com/playerlist/PlayerRankings.aspx

Anyway I hope to see you at the Canadians next week. Whats your team name??

johnnydub
04-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know approx how late of a day friday will be for the ppl playing in the team division? thanks

supergreenman
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
The only way you can get your ranking dropped is to play in two events and not get in the money. If your team is that strong you should be cashing.

If you play in the weaker division and do well, you will be bumped up to the next higher division in that tournament. Its explained fairly well at;
http://www.cdnqsport.com/playerlist/PlayerRankings.aspx

Anyway I hope to see you at the Canadians next week. Whats your team name??

Hi, we won't be at the Nationals, it's too far to travel.

We will how ever be at the Westerns at the end of the month, our team name is Looking for Trouble

jimmy-leggs
04-07-2009, 09:32 AM
What I understand is that Edwin and Tyler are going to be at the Bill Ganne memorial tourny that starts this friday night ,april 10.
Thats what i heard through the grapevine.

supergreenman
04-07-2009, 01:50 PM
What I understand is that Edwin and Tyler are going to be at the Bill Ganne memorial tourny that starts this friday night ,april 10.

I kinda heard that too.

srs314
04-07-2009, 09:54 PM

That's good to hear, they are two great players and great guys. We will miss seeing them here in Ontario at the CCS but the players on this ACS list which includes them are definately at another level and unfortunately that level is the minority in this game.

Good luck to them at this event!

seether
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi, we won't be at the Nationals, it's too far to travel.

We will how ever be at the Westerns at the end of the month, our team name is Looking for Trouble

Hope U had a good time there.I hope to see some pictures of the torunament,there.