PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming 404 finals

jaycast16
04-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Who do you think will capture the 404 finals?

I think John Morra will take both in Shooters and Bigwigs.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lee brett
04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
nah ive told him his coach is going to take the finals down, with only 3 weeks 9 ball practice in his life by the finals he will be tuned up by then, john is running scared lol....

Gatz
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Saying Johnny will win both 404 finals is very bold. This is a handicap tournament and there are a lot of other players that have just as good of a chance as him.

The 11 handicap players have to play nearly flawless in most cases giving up so much weight. If they catch a 5-6-7-8 on there game that day there in a lot of trouble.

The 404 favours lower handicaps more than the higher handicap players. If any of the 11's win they certainly deserve it.

D_Lewis
04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I think I may come out for both finals to give it a go, may the best (or best handicapped) man (woman) win!

Gatz
04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Lol ^^^^ :d

D_Lewis
04-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Has anyone seen Nito Bucais' handicap lately? Seems he is always in the money, plays very strong and last I heard he was still only a 5.

Input?

Gatz
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
ssssssshhhhhhhhh be quiet. I might actually buy people in the calcutta in the finals lol.

jaycast16
04-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Has anyone seen Nito Bucais' handicap lately? Seems he is always in the money, plays very strong and last I heard he was still only a 5.

Input?

ssshhhhh...i'm buying his calcutta on the Finals.lol
yeah he is a 5.He used to be better than that but he stopped playing for awhile and now he's coming back.I think it was his first time to be in the money round..

btw i saw him on sunday at Shooters and he mentioned that he will be sending McEarl to the Philippines for a year.He will get a training along with Jerico Banares.sounds good for mcearl.i wish him luck!

D_Lewis
04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
ssshhhhh...i'm buying his calcutta on the Finals.lol
yeah he is a 5.He used to be better than that but he stopped playing for awhile and now he's coming back.I think it was his first time to be in the money round..

btw i saw him on sunday at Shooters and he mentioned that he will be sending McEarl to the Philippines for a year.He will get a training along with Jerico Banares.sounds good for mcearl.i wish him luck!

Every time I see the payouts from 404 I see Nitos name. Screw you guys, Im going to buy him instead of playing myself! (even if I am a 4!)

xxxbilliards
04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Every time I see the payouts from 404 I see Nitos name. Screw you guys, Im going to buy him instead of playing myself! (even if I am a 4!)
Bring enough cash, I'm buying him
You still whinning about your hc?

D_Lewis
04-16-2009, 02:52 PM

You're a little bit retarded, huh? Please confirm for me so I know how to handle you.

The Beginner
04-16-2009, 07:14 PM

Dan,

You 're a 4?????? im starting a bid for you $100 for your calcutta...I think i will win both shooters and bigwigs..I'm unknown...nobody knows me at 404...ahaahahaha..:thumbup:

jaycast16
04-17-2009, 05:22 AM

you are a 4?how you guys get those handicap?ok you can have nito on the calcutta but im buying another guy whose also a 5 and i think he has chances of winning too.

btw if i were you,with the 4 handicap and paying only $25 entry,i would play.i pay $45 plus calcutta and i know my chances is very low but i still play.

netspec
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
xxxbilliards - aka 20k tour operator...
hc's are always a sensitive topic. Up to the tour director to ultimately determine these hc's, not the player.

You're a little bit retarded, huh? Please confirm for me so I know how to handle you.

xxxbilliards
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
xxxbilliards - aka 20k tour operator...
hc's are always a sensitive topic. Up to the tour director to ultimately determine these hc's, not the player.

As you can see some players are never happy, others miss their mommy and the bottle.

Drink Coke or Pepsi, but drink it !!!! don't just talk about it forever.
My 1.5 cents worth (cost of living-inflation, you know!!!!)

Be happy!!!!!!! life is not forever

taxi man
04-17-2009, 04:08 PM
He's not a 4 handicap,but always good to stir the pot!And as far as calcuttas I heard certain people will not be aloud to buy anybody because of the dislike people have for him,maybe not even aloud in shooters.As far as bigwigs I don't know.

lee brett
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
im a 7 and never played the game b4 so how some people get in off 4 and 5 is beyond me

taxi man
04-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Like i have said before if people running events and are in the commitee of handicapping players should not be aloud to bet in the calcutta,its a big conflict of interest.But there's no stopping it because they just get somebody else to buy the players for them,thats why the handicap system sucks because there's always a glich.If there was no calcutta the money would be less but I think the handicapping would be more fair because there would one less outlet for the greedy to capitalize.

xxxbilliards
04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Like i have said before if people running events and are in the commitee of handicapping players should not be aloud to bet in the calcutta,its a big conflict of interest.But there's no stopping it because they just get somebody else to buy the players for them,thats why the handicap system sucks because there's always a glich.If there was no calcutta the money would be less but I think the handicapping would be more fair because there would one less outlet for the greedy to capitalize.

Pay attention:::::::::::::

aloud ...I think you mean Allowed!
Yes? No? :) = be happy!!

taxi man
04-19-2009, 05:00 AM

Pay attention:::::::::::::

whinning ...I think you mean whining!
Yes? No?:)=be happy!!

SonnyCaine
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
When are these 404 Finals? And Where are they? Id like to play in them both

lee brett
04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
you have to play in at least 2 to play but pay a cash penalty, if you have played in 4 no cash penalty,

9th may shooters is 1st final, then 2 weeks later in newmarket

SonnyCaine
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
So i cant play if i havnt played in any?

I never even hear of the 404? is it a tour?

do you know of any other events in Ontario anywherE? or quebec?

jaycast16
04-21-2009, 10:36 AM
So i cant play if i havnt played in any?

I never even hear of the 404? is it a tour?

do you know of any other events in Ontario anywherE? or quebec?

You can check these links for the 404 rules and schedules of tours.there's one more stop this weekend at Newmarket before the finals.

http://www.shooterville.com/document...%20Series2.pdf

D_Lewis
04-22-2009, 09:30 PM
He's not a 4 handicap,but always good to stir the pot!And as far as calcuttas I heard certain people will not be aloud to buy anybody because of the dislike people have for him,maybe not even aloud in shooters.As far as bigwigs I don't know.

Taxi-Man:I guess I'll have to show up and pay my entry fee and see what happens. I can assure you I dont know anyone who runs any of the tournaments. 100% outsider. I will be playing this weekend as a 3.

JP, should you not be the handicap you are? Do you not play as a 6? (Unless I am assuming you are someone else then who I am thinking)

Lee Brett, you're a top english snooker coach, you're lucky to be a 7 and thats it. You could be a 20! I dont see people running up to buy me in the calcutta so maybe Im STILL over-handicapped?

XXXbilliards, how much money is still left over from the 30K tour? Just curious.

JD_Hogg
04-23-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm taking Mario to win the Bigwigs final. The Shooters final I think is up for grabs with the bigger pockets.

JD_Hogg
04-23-2009, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=D_Lewis;1783800]Taxi-Man:I guess I'll have to show up and pay my entry fee and see what happens. I can assure you I dont know anyone who runs any of the tournaments. 100% outsider. I will be playing this weekend as a 3.

I thought the lowest you could be was a 4?

lee brett
04-23-2009, 10:11 AM
have u seen me play 9 ball, i dont have a cue, if i was a 20 i would be a world champion, no one buys me in the calcutta...
have u played in shooters?

The Beginner
04-23-2009, 11:16 AM
JP, should you not be the handicap you are? Do you not play as a 6? (Unless I am assuming you are someone else then who I am thinking)

Dan,

That's JP indeed...:thumbup:

jaycast16
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=D_Lewis;1783800]Taxi-Man:I guess I'll have to show up and pay my entry fee and see what happens. I can assure you I dont know anyone who runs any of the tournaments. 100% outsider. I will be playing this weekend as a 3.

I thought the lowest you could be was a 4?

i overheard from shooters that the actual plan was to have 5 as the lowest handicap.but there still some 4 handicaps and i don't think anyone can get any lower than that.

jaycast16
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Dan,

lol.. i wish i can play better than a 6.

D_Lewis
04-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Dan,

JP is a good 6 for sure, VERY solid.

4 is the lowest, 11 is the highest. I should be about a minus 17, if I can stand there and rack the balls atleast once, I should win by default. Thats how bad I am! ;)

The Beginner
04-24-2009, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=JD_Hogg;1784453]

i overheard from shooters that the actual plan was to have 5 as the lowest handicap.but there still some 4 handicaps and i don't think anyone can get any lower than that.

the way i play i should be a 3 or weak as a 4:grin-square:

netspec
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
lol - it just kills me reading all these comments about how low your HC is or how low another player's is. Honestly though, the ones who boast about how poor they are on the green is just another sandbagger. I know this response is going to generate plenty of hate responses, but I just had to let it out. Sorry for the rant.

xxxbilliards
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
:grin-square:lol - it just kills me reading all these comments about how low your HC is or how low another player's is. Honestly though, the ones who boast about how poor they are on the green is just another sandbagger. I know this response is going to generate plenty of hate responses, but I just had to let it out. Sorry for the rant.

I'm with you in this one, I find the people that brag the must sometimes are also the that complain the must.......go get your mothers milk or suck something else..........but stop crying once and for all!!!!!
Sandbaggers anonymous should be a club for them.
When I developed the HC system in effect in most places it was done with years of patience and watching the participants actually play, not just hear say but real!!

Just my one cent worth, I got to keep the money for the ones that would bet and fall prey of their greed!!:grin-square::thumbup::grin-square::thumbup::D:wink::wink::wink:

D_Lewis
04-26-2009, 04:54 AM
lol - it just kills me reading all these comments about how low your HC is or how low another player's is. Honestly though, the ones who boast about how poor they are on the green is just another sandbagger. I know this response is going to generate plenty of hate responses, but I just had to let it out. Sorry for the rant.

What you may not realize is that there is a bunch of us who all know each other, they all go often and are social to each other. Simple jokes, dont take anything you read on the interwebs too serious......

XXX: did you ever answer my question to how much money was left over from the 30K tour? When is the revival? I still predict.... never.

xxxbilliards
04-26-2009, 08:07 AM
What you may not realize is that there is a bunch of us who all know each other, they all go often and are social to each other. Simple jokes, dont take anything you read on the interwebs too serious......

XXX: did you ever answer my question to how much money was left over from the 30K tour? When is the revival? I still predict.... never.

Send me your address and the accountant will get in touch with you and deliver, or better yet.......get your wife to phone in your behalf like she did trying to sign you in at the finals....
Why don't u go smell something??????
:thumbup::thumbup:

D_Lewis
04-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Send me your address and the accountant will get in touch with you and deliver, or better yet.......get your wife to phone in your behalf like she did trying to sign you in at the finals....
Why don't u go smell something??????
:thumbup::thumbup:

Can anyone confirm kindly to Mr Hermoza that I dont have a wife, thanks! I will have one in September though, thank you in advance for your congratulations.

You OBVIOUSLY are thinking of the wrong guy, good job! There are many of us that are strong supporters of never seeing your tour again, try to get it straight when you talk about one of them.

My name is Dan Lewis, I play as a 4-5 depending on where I go (silvertip VS 404), no wife, had enough weeks to play in your finals, actually called you and you said I would still have to play as a 9+ and pay a $550 penalty even though you have (quite obvious) no idea who I am and I had sufficiant weeks to be eligible. I didnt even come to the finals so I hope someone elses wife tried to sign me in (not being there and all) Good job on taking years to make a handicap system by watching players and yet you wouldnt know one if he/she was standing in front of you. Do us all a favour and take a nice long walk down the highway, into oncoming traffic, with a blindfold on.

p1noy
04-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Do us all a favour and take a nice long walk down the highway, into oncoming traffic, with a blindfold on.

Here is my address for the info on the payouts, 30K added my ass! More like 30K STOLEN. Go ahead, say you didnt do it.

Harsh words Dan.. IMO you're posting too much information about yourself.. Enough information for "the others on the interwebs" to shake up your private life. Just be nice and tell him to take a nice long walk on a short pier.

D_Lewis
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Harsh words Dan.. IMO you're posting too much information about yourself.. Enough information for "the others on the interwebs" to shake up your private life. Just be nice and tell him to take a nice long walk on a short pier.

Noted. Thanks for the tip.

Who won yesterday?

p1noy
04-26-2009, 02:10 PM

Who won yesterday?

No idea man..

The Beginner
04-28-2009, 09:47 AM

Who won yesterday?

John Morra won:thumbup:

D_Lewis
04-28-2009, 01:13 PM
John Morra won:thumbup:

Any other info?

I bought a guy in the calcutta but I didnt stay til the end.

Lee! Did you finish second?

jaycast16
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Any other info?

I think the best way to find out is to call at Bigwigs.Im sure they can give you more details.

Are you playing in the finals at Shooters?

D_Lewis
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
I think the best way to find out is to call at Bigwigs.Im sure they can give you more details.

Are you playing in the finals at Shooters?

I gave them a call yesterday but didnt get any answers. I'll try back today.

I will be at the finals at Shooters next weekend, I also am going to do my best to get out and practice and not play like a donkey. Seems no matter what I dont play well at the 404. Should be a good sized field, wonder who will already be gone to Vegas for BCA/Predator 10 ball though.....

I know Jason said he was going to play BCA and Erik and Johnny are going to the 10 ball.

lee brett
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Any other info?

no mate i had nightmare luck as usual sorry about that hope you get me cheaper in the finals

jaycast16
04-29-2009, 04:47 AM
I gave them a call yesterday but didnt get any answers. I'll try back today.

I will be at the finals at Shooters next weekend, I also am going to do my best to get out and practice and not play like a donkey. Seems no matter what I dont play well at the 404. Should be a good sized field, wonder who will already be gone to Vegas for BCA/Predator 10 ball though.....

I know Jason said he was going to play BCA and Erik and Johnny are going to the 10 ball.

Are you serious about this?Those 3 young guns won't be there in the finals?

D_Lewis
04-29-2009, 05:55 AM
no mate i had nightmare luck as usual sorry about that hope you get me cheaper in the finals

Lee, PM sent!

D_Lewis
04-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Are you serious about this?Those 3 young guns won't be there in the finals?

I think it depends on when they all leave for Vegas. I am not sure when BCA and the 10 ball starts. They could all be there but I know they're all eventually going to Las Vegas.

netspec
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Like I said, sorry - it was just a rant, I know sometimes joking about HC's are in fun and amongst regulars. I used to be a regular tournament player, mostly at shooters and Silver Tip. Not anymore though, never complained to anyone about my HC, but have seen many players who are noticeably better than myself become a lower HC just by whining to the tourney director. Maybe I just feel a little unfair hearing these complaints actually go through because the director is too soft. I'm not in any way trying to put down a legitimate HC, but when you hear constant complaints about HC's, I would just suggest that you practice more and prove that you can improve your HC instead of laughing at how low your HC is. In the end of a tournament, it is always the one who played a better "game", not the one with the best HC.

Peace ;)

D_Lewis
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Like I said, sorry - it was just a rant, I know sometimes joking about HC's are in fun and amongst regulars. I used to be a regular tournament player, mostly at shooters and Silver Tip. Not anymore though, never complained to anyone about my HC, but have seen many players who are noticeably better than myself become a lower HC just by whining to the tourney director. Maybe I just feel a little unfair hearing these complaints actually go through because the director is too soft. I'm not in any way trying to put down a legitimate HC, but when you hear constant complaints about HC's, I would just suggest that you practice more and prove that you can improve your HC instead of laughing at how low your HC is. In the end of a tournament, it is always the one who played a better "game", not the one with the best HC.

Peace ;)

I understand 100%. We arent all close friends but we know each other if we are at the same place, its all in good fun. If I was crushing people, I would expect for them to bump my handicap.

There is a big difference in handicaps from one place to another.

There are players who spot me 3 games at silvertip that I used to have to play even at the 404 tournaments. Figure that one out.

I also split once (1/2) at Silvertip and my handicap was instantly bumped, I finished in the money another time with a small field and I was bumped again. From 5 to 7 in two weeks. Totally unjustified of course but I happened to play the tournament directors brother at the time and magically Im bumped. Now Raph runs them again and he laughed that the other guy bumped me.

I know Im not great and unfortunately I hit a decent shot every now and then that makes me come back day in day out to try and improve.

Gatz
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
You guys really need to stop b1tching about handicaps already. Either step your game up, or don't play in the tournament at all....problem solved.

johnnydub
05-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Speaking of silver tip, ive never been there, whats the tourny like on sundays?

xpatcan1
05-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Speaking of silver tip, ive never been there, whats the tourny like on sundays?

very good... there isnt many true double weekly tournaments.

D_Lewis
05-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Its almost time for the tournament.

Anyone have any ideas?

Looks like Klatt wont be playing as he is already in Vegas playing in the BCA. Brittany and Janet are also there.

JD_Hogg
05-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Here's my picks for top 5 finishers at shooters

Mario, Johnny, one 8 and two 6's

A 6 wins it and Mario gets second.

D_Lewis
05-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Here's my picks for top 5 finishers at shooters

Mario, Johnny, one 8 and two 6's

A 6 wins it and Mario gets second.

Pretty solid picks.

Im thinking.....

They're paying 16 spots as far as I know based on how many they expect to show up.

Here are people I expect to see in the money.

John Morra
Alex Radomski
Dean McN
Nito Bucais
Erik Hjor

lee brett
05-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Pretty solid picks.

Im thinking.....

They're paying 16 spots as far as I know based on how many they expect to show up.

Here are people I expect to see in the money.

John Morra
Alex Radomski
Dean McN
Nito Bucais
Erik Hjor

where is your name being a bandit off 4 you should wear a mask

D_Lewis
05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
where is your name being a bandit off 4 you should wear a mask

Results dont lie, I havent played well at the 404. Im going to do my best though.

I will give the mask idea some thought, I did pick up a wrestling mask a couple weeks back when Mrs Dan and I went to Mexico. ;)

The Kurly One
05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Results dont lie, I havent played well at the 404. Im going to do my best though.

I will give the mask idea some thought, I did pick up a wrestling mask a couple weeks back when Mrs Dan and I went to Mexico. ;)

If your a 4 I'll go in as a 2 or 3 tops... maybe next year I'll have more time :wink:

D_Lewis
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Players coming back for sunday (best I can remember)
Scott McDonald B
Lee Brett B
Mario Morra A
Mike P B
Ryan Mazotta B
Tony Lai B
Dean McN A
Jeet Khandi A
Tom Liordis B
Jeff Dick B
John Timmerman A

Cant remember who else