PDA

View Full Version : Just stumbled on this youtube clip.. what'd JS and larry nevel do?

CreeDo
05-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I hadn't seen this match tho it's been up for a long time now. Early into the video the commentator implied john and larry did a set the night before they played here. What was it and how did it turn out?

I notice that when a player becomes known for something they find an excuse to use it... a few minutes into this match, larry nevel jacks up, fires at a long 2 across the table, and draws the cue ball the length of the table. I'm surprised he didn't do it one-handed. What do you think Alex or Shane woulda done here?

Edit: and minutes later, a full-cue jump that he made look easy. I think he took john out of his game here because john wanted to prove he could do it too, but John miscued. As far as I know jump cues weren't banned and john usually uses one. So why'd he try that? Or did JS really just masse attempt (very rare to see him do that)?

edit: DAMN THAT WILD TURKEY (throws away his 1 week chip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YPX_MXkRQ

houmatroy
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I hadn't seen this match tho it's been up for a long time now. Early into the video the commentator implied john and larry did a set the night before they played here. What was it and how did it turn out?

I notice that when a player becomes known for something they find an excuse to use it... a few minutes into this match, larry nevel jacks up, fires at a long 2 across the table, and draws the cue ball the length of the table. I'm surprised he didn't do it one-handed. What do you think Alex or Shane woulda done here?

I don't see a link ?

KoolKat9Lives
05-02-2009, 03:00 PM
CreeDo, you been hittin' the Wild Turkey again?

suprnva
05-02-2009, 07:00 PM

Edit: and minutes later, a full-cue jump that he made look easy. I think he took john out of his game here because john wanted to prove he could do it too, but John miscued. As far as I know jump cues weren't banned and john usually uses one. So why'd he try that? Or did JS really just masse attempt (very rare to see him do that)?

edit: DAMN THAT WILD TURKEY (throws away his 1 week chip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8YPX_MXkRQ

I can't remember 100%, but I believe Larry told me one time that they played 8 ahead for something like 4k in the middle. I do know 100% that Larry won but there was an issue with some of the money. If you want to know the exact details I could text Larry to find out for sure. Let me know.

SoundWaves
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I am getting an error on the link, dang wild turkey....

CreeDo
05-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Soundwaves, that's a bummer. Works ok for me. It's a pretty interesting match. Larry gets out of the box and starts out pretty strong, and his break is just thunderous. Then john starts sort of making it a breaking competition and really crushing 'em. It was different from his usual break, I swear he was hitting about 20% harder than normal. One of them was clocked at near 27 mph. Between hitting 'em harder and trying a full cue jump (or possibly a masse) it was almost like John was trying to out-nevel larry =)

Both players make some really nice shots, larry can do some pinpoint positioning when he wants to. And he doesn't miss much, no cut scares him. I think john just outmoved and outplanned him.

That's why I was curious about their set... John looked a little tense at the start and larry seemed more relaxed, and for a while larry was on top. Then john busts out the 6-pack.

Supr: If you happen to see him and can get details I'd be curious. I guess they played even? That's pretty strong if larry beat john even. Someone on youtube commented that john's the better tournament player but larry's the better gambler. Think that's true?

suprnva
05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Supr: If you happen to see him and can get details I'd be curious. I guess they played even? That's pretty strong if larry beat john even. Someone on youtube commented that john's the better tournament player but larry's the better gambler. Think that's true?

I sent him a text but he might be sleeping already or possibly working. I can tell you right now that they did play even. The only thing I don't know 100% is the race and the bet.

I don't know who the better gambler would be or the better tournament player. John won the US Open and had won a few matches on TAR. Larry's biggest tournament wins would probably be the Viking Championship and The Great Southern Billiard Tour Championship and he's never been on TAR. He did however offer to play John an all-around consisting of 8-ball, 10-ball and one-pocket on TAR which John declined. He also made an open challenge to any American to play gamble with him and the only person to accept was Archer (who beat Larry), so that might say a little something about what others think of his game. I'm friends with Larry so I'll just throw my biased opinion out there and say that Larry, even in his current "retired" status, is overall a better player than John.

JXMIKE
05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I sent him a text but he might be sleeping already or possibly working. I can tell you right now that they did play even. The only thing I don't know 100% is the race and the bet.

I don't know who the better gambler would be or the better tournament player. John won the US Open and had won a few matches on TAR. Larry's biggest tournament wins would probably be the Viking Championship and The Great Southern Billiard Tour Championship and he's never been on TAR. He did however offer to play John an all-around consisting of 8-ball, 10-ball and one-pocket on TAR which John declined. He also made an open challenge to any American to play gamble with him and the only person to accept was Archer (who beat Larry), so that might say a little something about what others think of his game. I'm friends with Larry so I'll just throw my biased opinion out there and say that Larry, even in his current "retired" status, is overall a better player than John.

Yeah i would love to see larry run over 400 in straight pool...not to mention john has a way way more impressive tournament record.

as said by the commentators in the match we are talking about "john would rather eat dirt then lose this match".

suprnva
05-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Yeah i would love to see larry run over 400 in straight pool...not to mention john has a way way more impressive tournament record.

as said by the commentators in the match we are talking about "john would rather eat dirt then lose this match".

Yeah, I don't think anybody really cares about straight pool. It's a practice game. Larry's high run is something like 238 or 268 or something like that. I don't think you could pay Larry enough to play enough straight pool to run over 400. lol.

And yep, John's tournament record is more impressive than Larry's. The biggest accomplishments on Larry's tournament record is the All-Around Championship at Derby City (would that even count towards a tournament record?), a few regional tour wins (including the fore mentioned tour championships) and he's like the 10 time Wisconsin State Champion (which is not impressive at all considering it's Wisconsin but I didn't have anything else to put on this list, lol). Since it's soooooooooooo obvious that John is a superior player, how about you talk to him and get him to play that all-around Larry offered him. 8-ball, 10-ball and one-pocket for 10k on TAR? If you can get John to agree, I'll talk to Larry and see if he wants to come out of "retirement" to throw some money away. :thumbup:

CreeDo
05-03-2009, 08:44 AM
hohoho, my random youtube clip that I stumbled on might turn into a 10k tar match! How cool would that be?

I had been laboring under the assumption that larry was more of a '2nd tier' pro and john was top, so it's a bit of a surprise to hear that larry might actually be a stronger player. Stronger than john is just hard to imagine.

Part of me wants to agree and say "yeah, if he can run 250+, he could probably run 400 if he cared to. So that doesn't automatically mean john's stronger" On the other hand, John said that straight pool is funny. I think the way he phrased it is... Running 200 is not twice as hard as running 100, it's like 10 times as hard.

So running 400 may take a level of focus and ability that way outstrips running 250, even though anything more than 150 is good enough to put you in the box with the best in the world.

Maybe john is ready for another crack at this all-around. I'm surprised he turned it down the first time. John may have some hole in his game at 8-ball or maybe larry's secretly strong at 1p (like john is supposed to be).

suprnva
05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
maybe larry's secretly strong at 1p (like john is supposed to be).

Secretly? Maybe. I don't think there is anyone listed on this page (http://onepocket.org/records.htm) more than Larry though.

CreeDo
05-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Secretly? Maybe. I don't think there is anyone listed on this page (http://onepocket.org/records.htm) more than Larry though.

Oops, I guess it's not so much a secret as "CreeDo is ignorant" lol.
Larry's on there all over the place, it's true. No wonder John doesn't have to like it.
He's supposed to lose at the 1p and doesn't have to win at the 10b.

Scratch 8b and make it straight pool and I bet John likes it ^^

suprnva
05-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Larry's on there all over the place, it's true. No wonder John doesn't have to like it.

Larry doesn't play straight pool. It's a practice game. Doesn't matter though, odds are the match is never going to happen. Larry is "retired" and other than the match they talk about in the YouTube video, John has never seemed interested in playing Larry. I'd love for it to happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

alstl
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM

No disrespect intended toward Larry but if it's 9b, 1p and 14.1 I like John.

JXMIKE
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
no disrespect intended toward larry but if it's 9b, 1p and 14.1 i like john.

all day.:d

real bartram
05-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Larry doesn't play straight pool. It's a practice game. Doesn't matter though, odds are the match is never going to happen. Larry is "retired" and other than the match they talk about in the YouTube video, John has never seemed interested in playing Larry. I'd love for it to happen, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

your right straight pool is a practice game.

real bartram
05-03-2009, 03:22 PM
No disrespect intended toward Larry but if it's 9b, 1p and 14.1 I like John.

forget 14.1 like 3 people play that game.
now let them play banks 10 and one pocket.
who do you like now.

suprnva
05-03-2009, 03:31 PM
who do you like now.

Full rack banks or short? I like Larry either way, but I'm curious as to which you'd like them to play. Who do you like Chris?

real bartram
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Full rack banks or short? I like Larry either way, but I'm curious as to which you'd like them to play. Who do you like Chris?

banks would not be close larry.
if the played this all around i would bet on larry.

suprnva
05-03-2009, 03:59 PM
banks would not be close larry.
if the played this all around i would bet on larry.

Well Chris, I believe you and I would be in the minority and could get all kinds of bets down on Larry if this game would happen.

real bartram
05-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Well Chris, I believe you and I would be in the minority and could get all kinds of bets down on Larry if this game would happen.

no disrespect ti johns game.
i would like to see this match.

alstl
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
who do you like now.

Banks is mainstream but 14.1 is a practice game? Mocsoni, Crane, Lassiter, Caras and a lot of others just rolled over.

How about lawn darts, horseshoes and frisbee golf? Who do you like there?

houmatroy
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
no disrespect ti johns game.
i would like to see this match.

I don't like to speak for anybody else but I'd be shocked to hear if John agreed to any kind of bank game...it's the 1 part of his own game that he is most critical of...He could bank 5 or 6 in a row & still say they were lucky to go in..lol

real bartram
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't like to speak for anybody else but I'd be shocked to hear if John agreed to any kind of bank game...it's the 1 part of his own game that he is most critical of...He could bank 5 or 6 in a row & still say they were lucky to go in..lol

troy i think your right.
but who plays 14.1 not many.
i only know a few people and they dont gamble.
there might be 3 or 4 in the usa.

houmatroy
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
troy i think your right.
but who plays 14.1 not many.
i only know a few people and they dont gamble.
there might be 3 or 4 in the usa.

True that Chris...maybe they will find a happy medium & get in the grease...I think it would be a great match also.

iba7467
05-04-2009, 01:22 PM

So would Efren.

houmatroy
05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
So would Efren.

Only difference is John would honestly believe it....As good as John plays...He's by far his own worst critic...and by his resume maybe it's a good thing..can't argue with sucess.

alstl
05-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I wish Bob Jewett could see this thread. Nobody plays straight pool anymore. Schmidt, Archer, Harriman, Immonen, Deuel, Feijen, Hohmann, Bustamante...just a bunch of bangers who don't gamble.

I understand what you're saying though, it isn't a skill game like speed pool or trick shots.

real bartram
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I wish Bob Jewett could see this thread. Nobody plays straight pool anymore. Schmidt, Archer, Harriman, Immonen, Deuel, Feijen, Hohmann, Bustamante...just a bunch of bangers who don't gamble.

I understand what you're saying though, it isn't a skill game like speed pool or trick shots.

it is a skill game.
but outside of a few guys they dont gamble playing this game.
i know i have been around the whole usa.

john schmidt
05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
chris i think the reason nobody gambles at it is because the best player will always win. you cant luck balls in .

i understand the 14.1 is to hard for a guy your speed but trust me i can find many that would play you some 14.1 for big money.

and yes i will play larry 14.1,10bnall and one hole.

have a nice day

john schmidt
05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
it is a skill game.
but outside of a few guys they dont gamble playing this game.
i know i have been around the whole usa.
since only 3 play it for money.
heres a list off the top of my head that would swim through buzzard vomit to play you 14.1 for big money.

schmidt,harriman,robles,garcia,sigel,hopkins,varne r,archer,hatch,maidoff,barouty,
hunter,.theres probably another 10 but you get my point.

just because your not talented enough to play world class 14.1 dont knock those who can.

if you got a problem with that then ill play you the only game on a pooltable with enough luck involved for you to maybe win.9ball. say 20 ahead for 20 dimes.

another thing chris you talk alot of shit about me in other threads and how 14.1 is a practice game and nobody gambles at it.
you talk real brave about playing people ,but just once why dont you woof without starting with ill take the 9playing 10ball or ill take 9-7 playing 1hole etc.

maybe you and i could play 50 ahead for 50 thousand tenball even.

after i rob you i will give you a free 14.1 lesson so maybe you can beat somebody even instead of running your toilet all the time how 14.1 is a joke.

good luck with rodney ,your playing even right .............not lol.

JXMIKE
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Damn bartram got slammed, i love it, get at em john.

dogginda9
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
heres a list off the top of my head that would swim through buzzard vomit to play you 14.1 for big money.

schmidt,harriman,robles,garcia,sigel,hopkins,varne r,archer,hatch,maidoff,barouty,

just because your not talented enough to play world class 14.1 dont knock those who can.

if you got a problem with that then ill play you the only game on a pooltable with enough luck involved for you to maybe win.9ball. say 20 ahead for 20 dimes.

another thing chris you talk alot of shit about me in other threads and how 14.1 is a practice game and nobody gambles at it.
you talk real brave about playing people ,but just once why dont you woof without starting with ill take the 9playing 10ball or ill take 9-7 playing 1hole etc.

after i rob you i will give you a free 14.1 lesson so maybe you can beat somebody even instead of running your toilet all the time how 14.1 is a joke.

I am not the president of the John Schmidt fan club. I am a member of the Chris Bartrum fan club. With that being said, I really like and respect the fact that whatever John thinks, he says without pulling any punches. Usually straight to the the point without a lot of b.s. And, on top of that, he will back it up with some action. Maybe I'm coming around to the dark side.:)

Bobby
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
chris i think the reason nobody gambles at it is because the best player will always win. you cant luck balls in .

i understand the 14.1 is to hard for a guy your speed but trust me i can find many that would play you some 14.1 for big money.

have a nice day

That's the truth John, the best player wins in 14.1
I always prefer to gamble at 14.1 as opposed to 9 ball/10 ball. I know if I lose the match it's no one's fault but mine.

houmatroy
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
What u say fella's ? lets settle it on the green felt battlefield.

Celtic
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM

That there is a verbal beatdown like few I have ever seen on this forum. Not going to talk your way up from that Cris. Your going to need your cue and a set enough to take the offered action to come out of this one with your rep and ego intact.

dabarbr
05-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Good going John. I think you just silenced the woofing down a bit on this thread.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 01:04 AM

THE only game on the pool table with enough luck that i can win 9 ball?
ok here you have it ill play you banks even no spot.
and yes ill play you 10 ball on the bar table even so since i cant beat you at any game on the pool table pick one of those.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 01:06 AM

have a nice day

remember you said i could have a week to run 100 balls.
well i will try it.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM
That there is a verbal beatdown like few I have ever seen on this forum. Not going to talk your way up from that Cris. Your going to need your cue and a set enough to take the offered action to come out of this one with your rep and ego intact.

not worried about my ego.
john is a better player than me.
so know i should play him even?
dont think so.
but i will play him banks even.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 01:27 AM

no i am going to get the 8 ball playing 10 ball.
but unlike you i have some heart i will bet my own money in this match.
so i wont have to play in victorville.
i can play in any city i want to because i make my game i dont need a backer to tell me where i can play.
im sure you would bet your own money to play me even.
but this cant go down even everyone knows you play better.
so if you want a fair game ill take the 9 ball or play you banks even.
then you can ask your backer were you are allowed to play what city what state.
as foe me i can play where i want.

memikey
05-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Phew! Quite a lot to keep up with here guys.

So far it seems JS is offerring 'even' at any game on any table and CB is offering 'even' at banks any table or 'even' at 10 ball on a bar table or "getting the 9" at 10 ball on a full size table.

Anybody got any popcorn? :)

suprnva
05-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Nevermind.

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 05:50 AM
no i am going to get the 8 ball playing 10 ball.
but unlike you i have some heart i will bet my own money in this match.
so i wont have to play in victorville.
i can play in any city i want to because i make my game i dont need a backer to tell me where i can play.
im sure you would bet your own money to play me even.
but this cant go down even everyone knows you play better.
so if you want a fair game ill take the 9 ball or play you banks even.
then you can ask your backer were you are allowed to play what city what state.
as foe me i can play where i want.
you know ive said what i said to defend the many players who play the game for money or practice.
most of the people on here dont want to say anything towards you but dont worry ill let you know that 14.1 is not the joke but maybe its you.
you talk basically like 14.1 and anybody who plays it is a dumbass or something.
you started it chris with this whole 14.1 is a joke.
if you would show more respect then i wouldnt rip into you.
would you like to play 30 ahead on bartable for 30 dimes even .let me know.
we can do it tommorrow any city.

damn i can buy like 6 new dirtbikes with 30 thousand ,please say yes chris.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 06:12 AM

well yes you have action.
i will be in action this week and all month.
you said any city so i will play you early june in indy.
not sure on the whole bet but i will play 20 ahead for 10000 min.
im sure i can bet more but that is with my bet.
go ahead and buy 2 bikes for sure.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 06:16 AM
you know ive said what i said to defend the many players who play the game for money or practice.
most of the people on here dont want to say anything towards you but dont worry ill let you know that 14.1 is not the joke but maybe its you.
you talk basically like 14.1 and anybody who plays it is a dumbass or something.

i never said all 14.1 players are dumbass.
i said no reason for me to pick up 14.1 cause no one gambles at it.
unless your a champ.
i hope that you will play the game you said you will play.

crawfish
05-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I mean no disrespect to anyone on here; but, who has John been gambling with and how'd it come out in the past four or five years. I'm just trying to get an idea of a line. We ALL know Chris has played pretty much every swinging dick in the country. DId I say dick? Sorry.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 06:25 AM

yes when we play no time limit.
play till someone wins.
i mean we will play till you win.

Ktown D
05-05-2009, 06:25 AM
DId I say dick? Sorry.

No, but you typed it twice. Something on your mind?????:eek:

crawfish
05-05-2009, 06:29 AM
No, but you typed it twice. Something on your mind?????:eek:

Just what are you inferring here? Question is....is something on your mind? I was generically speaking. I sometimes wonder on here. This isn't Richard Simmons using your name is it? Because I know Ktown wouldn't make gay references. Richard, is that you?

Ktown D
05-05-2009, 06:30 AM
:lmao:

Every now and then there is something on this forum that is genuinely entertaining. Keep it up, I am bored here at work and I am enjoying the ol' back and forth.

Ktown D
05-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Just what are you inferring here? Question is....is something on your mind? I was generically speaking. I sometimes wonder on here. This isn't Richard Simmons using your name is it? Because I know Ktown wouldn't make gay references. Richard, is that you?

Don't get your backdoor chafed, you know I was teasin'.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 06:37 AM

good luck with rodney your playing even right not lol.
so do you want to play rodney even....................not
i guess you have to ask a backer first.

crawfish
05-05-2009, 06:38 AM
Don't get your backdoor chafed, you know I was teasin'.

So now, you're mentioning my "backdoor?" Dude, you're freakin' me out.

suprnva
05-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Well John, looks like you got a game with Chris. After you're done beating him, if you want to swing up to Wisconsin and steal some from Larry let me know. No straight pool though. You can choose between 8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, one pocket and banks (full rack or short). Any 3 of those.

By the way, if John and Chris play on the bartable I'd like to make a few small bets. I'll take Chris. :)

Pii
05-05-2009, 08:00 AM

Retired from what?

suprnva
05-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Retired from what?

Retired from playing as much as he used to. Now that he lives in Wisconsin again he hardly plays at all compared to when he lived in South Carolina. If you ask him though that means he's totally retired. But he'll still play if the game is right.

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
good luck with rodney your playing even right not lol.
so do you want to play rodney even....................not
i guess you have to ask a backer first.

just a thought about asking backers.
people back me because i play good and make them money.

also i play pool to make money not to make up for my shortcomings in life.

lets see who has been more successfull with their approach.

me getting backed or you betting your own with all your heart etc.

heres the bet ill put up 5000 of my own against your 5000 .

we will take my last 3

month bank account balance and find the average and you do the same.

high average wins the 5000.

now im spotting you at this because i put down 50,000 cash on a house paid
6500 cash for a car ,bought 4 dirtbikes cash totaling almost 10,000.and have 2000 a month in bills outside of poolbills.

now all that being said you should rob me ,my average bank balance couldnt be more than 5000 with all the money ive spent on other stuff.

you see the beauty of this bet is nobody is going to stake me or you because they dont know what we have in the bank.and most assume we dont have 20bucks lol.

surely though a gambling genius like you should have more money accumulated than a nit like me.

let me know we can post in vegas and get the banks on the phone.
all the woofing doesnt matter.

this will be great we dont have to woof or play.i mean come on chris youve played 50,000 dollar sets you should rob me on this one.

i think ive bitten off more than i can chew i sure hope you dont call my bluff.

suprnva
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but I'm gonna guess Chris doesn't even have a bank account. His money is in action too much for it to ever sit and rot away in an account somewhere.

B-Rod
05-05-2009, 09:01 AM
well see here is the thing john doesnt go off unless you really offend him and everyone knows his love for 14.1.
chris says no one plays 14.1 for money well lets see does schmidt vs. harriman ring a bell im sure it does for danny
another thing chris sits back swinging from ole rodney talking about do you want to play some of rodney even
Well just ask rodney he aint going out looking for no other top pro to play either him john and all other top pros play the people that are on chriss level that would be about three steps down my point is chris can sit here all day and say well do you want to play this person some or that person some but when all is said and done he dont want to play which he is smart for and none of the top pros chase each other around

suprnva
05-05-2009, 09:06 AM
well see here is the thing john doesnt go off unless you really offend him and everyone knows his love for 14.1.
chris says no one plays 14.1 for money well lets see does schmidt vs. harriman ring a bell im sure it does for danny
another thing chris sits back swinging from ole rodney talking about do you want to play some of rodney even
Well just ask rodney he aint going out looking for no other top pro to play neither him john and all other top pros play the people that are on chriss level that would be about three steps down my point is chris can sit here all day and say well do you want to play this person some or that person some but when all is said and done he dont want to play which he is smart for and none of the top pros chase each other around

Below the 'L' and ';' keys you will find the secret to a successful post.

crawfish
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM

we will take my last 3

6500 cash for a car ,bought 4 dirtbikes cash totaling almost 10,000.and have 2000 a month in bills outside of poolbills.

now all that being said you should rob me ,my average bank balance couldnt be more than 5000 with all the money ive spent on other stuff.

you see the beauty of this bet is nobody is going to stake me or you because they dont know what we have in the bank.and most assume we dont have 20bucks lol.

surely though a gambling genius like you should have more money accumulated than a nit like me.

this will be great we dont have to woof or play.i mean come on chris youve played 50,000 dollar sets you should rob me on this one.

Just don't let him grab that "suitcase" under the old Oak four steps from the creek. You might not like it, then. I guess you could call it a "bank."

So John, you measure by monetary wealth? Wow, I thought this was a pool forum. Noone thinks you're stupid. Honestly, though, I could care less what your average account says. And I know Chris doesn't.

PS. Since you have it going on like that, can I hold a hunnerd?

You know we are all kind of kidding, right? You get quite worked up at times. Something going on we don't know about? I know you couldn't give two shits either way, but we ARE trying to like you and support you.

Celtic
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
well yes you have action.
i will be in action this week and all month.
you said any city so i will play you early june in indy.
not sure on the whole bet but i will play 20 ahead for 10000 min.
im sure i can bet more but that is with my bet.

Vegas... please switch to Vegas some time between May 7th and the 30th...

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Just don't let him grab that "suitcase" under the old Oak four steps from the creek. You might not like it, then. I guess you could call it a "bank."

So John, you measure by monetary wealth? Wow, I thought this was a pool forum. Noone thinks you're stupid. Honestly, though, I could care less what your average account says. And I know Chris doesn't.

You know we are all kind of kidding, right? You get quite worked up at times. Something going on we don't know about? I know you couldn't give two shits either way, but we ARE trying to like you and support you.

no i do not consider how much money you have to be the factor if your a success or not.

matter of a fact if measuring yourself worth by how much money you have then i consider myself a failure as im far from wealthy.

i said those things because it bugs me when someone with their life savings in their pocket talks like nobody has heart if they dont bet their last 5000.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Well just ask rodney he aint going out looking for no other top pro to play either him john and all other top pros play the people that are on chriss level that would be about three steps down my point is chris can sit here all day and say well do you want to play this person some or that person some but when all is said and done he dont want to play which he is smart for and none of the top pros chase each other around

here is the thing b rod.
john posted am i playing rodney even then made a joke of it.
so i said do you want to play him even.
i did not ask him that just to ask he said it like rodney was not a real champ.
you think im 3 balls under john s .how about this ill take the 9 ball.
he is a better player than me no doubt but if we find a fair game with us one that takes say 10 hours or more we all know what would go down his ticker would not hold up.
i wish i could beat him even but i cant so thats that.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM
no i do not consider how much money you have to be the factor if your a success or not.

matter of a fact if measuring yourself worth by how much money you have then i consider myself a failure as im far from wealthy.

i said those things because it bugs me when someone with their life savings in their pocket talks like nobody has heart if they dont bet their last 5000.

talk about something you know.
my life savings in my pocket.
ill tellem.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 12:22 PM

he thinks he is better than everyone in the pool world.

suprnva
05-05-2009, 12:34 PM

Are you saying he doesn't play better than everyone? Come on now! He can beat Danny Harriman...1/2 of the time! :eek:

real bartram
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Are you saying he doesn't play better than everyone? Come on now! He can beat Danny Harriman...1/2 of the time! :eek:

i did not mean playing pool.
now i see why danny harriman cant stand him.

suprnva
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
i did not mean playing pool.
now i see why danny harriman cant stand him.

Ahh, I got ya now.

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM

no i dont think im better than everybody in pool ,just better than you.
if i didnt have haters like you and some other people i wont mention ,then im probably not winning enough.

having haters is part of the game ,without you i would feel like im doing something wrong.

all that being said ,thank you chris you actually are making me feel better about myself when you talk like a jealous little hater. bye for now

sugeknight
05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
someone in this thread sipp'n on some haterade?

real bartram
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
no i dont think im better than everybody in pool ,just better than you.
if i didnt have haters like you and some other people i wont mention ,then im probably not winning enough.

having haters is part of the game ,without you i would feel like im doing something wrong.

all that being said ,thank you chris you actually are making me feel better about myself when you talk like a jealous little hater. bye for now

yes im a jealous hater hope to help you feel better about yourself.
lets make plans to play in indy say june 15th.

Robertduke
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
someone in this thread sipp'n on some haterade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxV8jDyvYg

The Saw
05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
John or anyone,

Where can I find some good 14.1 action? $500-2000 a game. Where and who?

alstl
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM

have a nice day

I don't have a horse in this race but that is exactly what I was going to say. In 9 ball you can get away with a few mistakes, get some rolls and beat a better player. 14.1 is not as forgiving. You make a mistake and you might not get out of your chair against a top player. Luther Lassiter summed it up, "I watch a man play for an hour and if he misses more than one ball I know I can beat him". Lassiter wasn't the type to brag, just a simple statement of fact.

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
yes im a jealous hater hope to help you feel better about yourself.
lets make plans to play in indy say june 15th.

screw indy, ill be in vegas in a week lets play then. tenball bartable at least 10 ahead for 10,000 or more

lets post now.

KoolKat9Lives
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
screw indy, ill be in vegas in a week lets play then. tenball bartable at least 10 ahead for 10,000 or more

lets post now.

creeeeeeeeeeeek,,,,, the window opens a hair....

John, are you offering Chris the 9 on the barbox?

houmatroy
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Chris said even 10 ball on lil table...or would take the 9 on big table

Ken_4fun
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
John or anyone,

Where can I find some good 14.1 action? $500-2000 a game. Where and who?

Try a time warp to the mid 1970's East Coast.
:shocked2:

Ken

Ken_4fun
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM

If this happens I want Chris, and I want action.

Ken

The Saw
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Ken

Not looking to go Star Trek Ken but in the here and the now.....

real bartram
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM

lets post now.

i have other action there.
and you said any city so ill play in indy you want action you got it around middle of june.
if you dont want the action thats fine to.

real bartram
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
If this happens I want Chris, and I want action.

Ken

ken are you sure.

Ken_4fun
05-05-2009, 04:19 PM
ken are you sure.

If you play "MR 400" I will take Bartram, anyone want "MR 400" PM me.

While I hope this happens....I predict and willing to bet "Mr. 400" will NOT show up in Indy.

Ken

john schmidt
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
we see each other 10 times a year. why would i go to indy.

ill just play him the next time i see him,or the time after that.
im not ducking him and hes not ducking me.

now i know chris is great on bartable ,who isnt . and he beat chad vilmont etc.

heres the deal ive got a few guys who will bet on me and im sure we can play a tar match for huge money right now.

bartable 10ball for at least 20,000.each man

i play on bartable once a year but im going to give him a try.again ill play soon lets post money tommorrow.ken4fun the windows open for you also.

Pii
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Retired from playing as much as he used to. Now that he lives in Wisconsin again he hardly plays at all compared to when he lived in South Carolina. If you ask him though that means he's totally retired. But he'll still play if the game is right.

So he's retired kind of but not really? OK :grin-square:

suprnva
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
So he's retired kind of but not really? OK :grin-square:

Yeah, pretty much. lol. Like I said, he hasn't really been playing because the really isn't anything to play around here, but he will play if the game is right.

alstl
05-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Ken

Watch out for a guy named Sigel.

B-Rod
05-05-2009, 09:23 PM
If anyone thinks Chris can beat John on the bar table John said the rail is open sounds pretty brave to me sounds like he thinks he has the best. I do too. If yall think John wont play like he said just post! and if Chris is betting his own then whats the problem put some money up and lets get it on tar.
Im more than possitive John will send his post in tommorrow. Im ready to see this action Chris's profile says
".....you guys round up some money and I'll give you guys the nuts again like I always do. " ~ Chris Bartram

".....sometimes when i have to much money like right now i like to give it away. ~ Chris Bartram
Well the money is round up now lets see it Chris i know Your a man of your word.

houmatroy
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM

houmatroy
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM

houmatroy
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Just curious cuz I remember Chris with his list of players & John was on it with the last 2...don't remember hearing that they ever played before..I'm in the mood to bet on this match but would like to know what kind of gambling history these two got before i say which side I like.

B-Rod
05-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Nope Troy they never played and the longer we wait the more weight Chris is gonna want lets se some last two action. I will bet also even though it probably wouldnt be gambling. I feel like that would be a sure thing.

Chris is a man of his word though???

houmatroy
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Nope Troy they never played and the longer we wait the more weight Chris is gonna want lets se some last two action. I will bet also even though it probably wouldnt be gambling. I feel like that would be a sure thing.

Chris is a man of his word though.

I think Chris has a big boy high gear & can play with the top players & likes the underdog role...I respect his game & wouldn't put money against him if he was getting too much weight.

B-Rod
05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Chris has a big boy high gear & can play with the top players & likes the underdog role...I respect his game & wouldn't put money against him if he was getting too much weight.

dont get me wrong he does play good i just pick and choose my bets call me a nit but im ahead in betting

alwayzcocacola0
05-05-2009, 10:28 PM
is this the larry that lives in florida around Citra? (hawthorne i believe). There is 2 larry n's around the tavles and one is my cousins stepdad. he married my aunt liz. just wondering. also he shoots with a joss westif that helpsI sent him a text but he might be sleeping already or possibly working. I can tell you right now that they did play even. The only thing I don't know 100% is the race and the bet.

B-Rod
05-05-2009, 10:34 PM
is this the larry that lives in florida around Citra? (hawthorne i believe). There is 2 larry n's around the tavles and one is my cousins stepdad. he married my aunt liz. just wondering. also he shoots with a joss westif that helps

No man there talking about Nevel here

TWOFORPOOL
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM

Bartram picked Indy in June. Why won't you play him there after you stated any city? I'm just curious as to why.

billychips
05-06-2009, 07:31 AM

we will take my last 3

Who gives a crap! You need to grow the heck up. Does it really matter if you have a higher average checking balance than Chris does? big freaking deal. If you would have actually read what he said about straight pool maybe you wouldnt be throwing such a temper tantrum. He didnt say it was a horrible game or that he could play it. All he said was that there wasnt much, if any action at it at all in the country. If there were ,he would probably play it. You actually popped off your mouth a few months ago to Chris about him playing some straight pool and he called you out on it and you backpedaled quicker than Deion Sanders. Everyone knows that you are a champion at it, and thats great. From reading on some of your posts, I question whether you are a champion as a person. I always liked you but you gotta tone it down a little. Just because you bought a car for cash doesnt make you a better or smarter person than anyone. Also, since we are slinging insults, who the hell brags about buying a car for $6500? You need to relax and go polish some balls or something.

chamillionare
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
has fatboy has been tutoring john?
maybe fatjohn is more appropriate than mr400 ;)

The Saw
05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
you backpedaled quicker than Deion Sanders.

Thanks for the new sig line! LOL

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I think its real funny how everyone on here can go off except John. Like he said though if people like yall didnt like him then he must not be that good at pool. Instead of bashing him if you dont like what he says to another player then DONT READ IT!!!!!

jimmy-leggs
05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Bartram picked Indy in June. Why won't you play him there after you stated any city? I'm just curious as to why.

Because John said they run into each other 10 times a year......Why make a special trip because someone is beaking.

jimmy-leggs
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I love Johns "put your money where your mouth is" attitude.And if you don't like it, then maybe "you should put your money where your mouth is".

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 09:35 AM
point is i spend my money wisely . i understand many would brag about their 50,000 dollar car to make up for the fact they are a nobody or have a 2 inch dick etc.

everything i got in this world i paid cash for. no financing except for house. try making what i have on pool skill and trust me its tough.

i said what i said about money because i get told im a nit and have no heart.

thats always coming from somebody who lives with their mom,or 5 guys in a 500 apartment etc.have no bills and every dollar they get their hands on is to play craps,or cards or pool .what a joke to judge what i do with my money.

i dont need stakehorses but am smart enough to not bet my own..

oh yeah and i am bragging about the 6500 dollar car i paid cash for.

im proud of the fact that i kicked my casino habit 10 years ago,and everything i have is from playing pool. not selling weed or stealing or begging and borrowing without paying back etc.

i pay taxes every year too. how many guys like bartrum write 5000 dollar checks to irs each year like i did.

anyway the reason i brought the whole bank account issue up is because im smart with the little money i have and 99 percent of poolplayers arent and then they want to brag that they got heart because they bet their own.
its easy to gamble when you have no bills and everthing you got in the world is 5 or 10 thousand.you might as well bet it all you dont have much too lose anyway .

crawfish
05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
point is i spend my money wisely . i understand many would brag about their 50,000 dollar car to make up for the fact they are a nobody or have a 2 inch dick etc.

everything i got in this world i paid cash for. no financing except for house. try making what i have on pool skill and trust me its tough.

i said what i said about money because i get told im a nit and have no heart.

thats always coming from somebody who lives with their mom,or 5 guys in a 500 apartment etc.have no bills and every dollar they get their hands on is to play craps,or cards or pool .what a joke to judge what i do with my money.

i dont need stakehorses but am smart enough to not bet my own..

oh yeah and i am bragging about the 6500 dollar car i paid cash for.

im proud of the fact that i kicked my casino habit 10 years ago,and everything i have is from playing pool. not selling weed or stealing or begging and borrowing without paying back etc.

i pay taxes every year too. how many guys like bartrum write 5000 dollar checks to irs each year like i did.

anyway the reason i brought the whole bank account issue up is because im smart with the little money i have and 99 percent of poolplayers arent and then they want to brag that they got heart because they bet their own.
its easy to gamble when you have no bills and everthing you got in the world is 5 or 10 thousand.you might as well bet it all you dont have much too lose anyway .

Just to joke with you, but what if you have a $40,000 dollar car and 8 inch dick?

We get it, John. But, this is about pool, not about life achievements. I'd venture to say that quite a few people on here are successful in a lot of different fields. Chris isn't worried about his mortgage, true. He's matching up. His opinion is that there's no action (in general) with straight pool. Think about it. What if you walk into a poolroom and ask to play some $300 a game straight pool? Wow, talk about people going into the "show me your resume' routine"! Anyway, let's get back to pool.

alstl
05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I'll give John credit for sticking with pool. From what I've seen a lot of great pool players go astray by gambling at things other than pool.

Since it's hard to find a 14.1 game for a guy with John's ability, I'd like to see a matchup where John plays 50 no count in a game to 500 or 1000. Still might have trouble getting a game but it would be interesting to watch.

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
now that im riled up this is what cracks me up.

your gonna make fun of the fact that ive got a car 6500 cash .

well instead of being like the millions of idiots out their who buy 30,000 dollar cars and 400,000 dollar homes .

instead i put 50,000 down on a 115,000 home.
guess what im not in foreclosure and dont need a bailout like some people out their who are actually the root of the economic problem..

they bought way more than they can afford .

so when they go bankrupt and foreclosed on and live in a apartment with 5 guys or maybe go back and live with mommy.

ill be right here driving my accord that i have the title too and living in my house thats halfway paid for.with my 500 dollar mortgage.

i like the people who buy half million dollar homes put nothing down and have 3200 a month mortgage making fun of me.lol

just to irratate some of the haters out their.

i also have no child support ,credit card payments and have 90 something thousand in the bank. along with 10,000 in dirtbikes, the 6500 car and 50,000 in the house.

lets see that means ive saved 150,000 have no debt all from playing pool.

that isnt much i know but for just playing pool its not bad.

my point is this pool is a business to me not entertainment.

see the nice thing is i can drive a used accord because even though i could buy a more expensive one i know i cant get carried away.

maybe that makes me a schmuck and im just not as cool as you guys on here lol.take care im going to ride my dirtbikes that i owe nothing on .

chamillionare
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM

well instead of being like the millions of idiots out their who buy 30,000 dollar cars and 400,000 dollar homes .

guess what im not in foreclosure and dont need a bailout like some people out their who are actually the root of the economic problem..

so when they go bankrupt and foreclosed on and live in a apartment with 5 guys or maybe go back and live with mommy.

ill be right here driving my accord that i have the title too and living in my house thats halfway paid for.with my 500 dollar mortgage.

i like the people who buy half million dollar homes put nothing down and have 3200 a month mortgage making fun of me.lol

i also have no child support ,credit card payments and have 90 something thousand in the bank. along with 10,000 in dirtbikes, the 6500 car and 50,000 in the house.

see the nice thing is i can drive a used accord because even though i could buy a more expensive one i know i cant get carried away.

maybe that makes me a schmuck and im just not as cool as you guys on here lol.take care im going to ride my dirtbikes that i owe nothing on .

dont go you told us everything else except is it really only 2 inches?

Mr441
05-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I think its real funny how everyone on here can go off except John. Like he said though if people like yall didnt like him then he must not be that good at pool. Instead of bashing him if you dont like what he says to another player then DONT READ IT!!!!!

I've noticed the double standard as well concerning John. When Donny Mills was calling people 'idiots' and 'retards' he was actually commended by a few posters for telling it like it is, no one bashed him for it at all.

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I just want to know if they gonna play the 1st game that Chris offered getting the last 2 so I know whether to keep my wallet closed or not.

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
dont go you told us everything else except is it really only 2 inches?

you know a guy told me one time ill bet mine is bigger than yours.

you know what i told him it might or might not be but ill bet ive got to put mine in better looking woman at least without having to pay them.thanks for asking though.

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
:rotflmao1:you know a guy told me one time ill bet mine is bigger than yours.

you know what i told him it might or might not be but ill bet ive got to put mine in better looking woman at least without having to pay them.thanks for asking though.

Good 1 !

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
for the record nothing ive said is directed at anyone on here except bartrum.

hes insulted me many times and told me i have no heart.

anyway all the money talk is a moot point as many have much more than i ever will im really just bringing it up to irratate chris.

but you know what would irratate chris more is if we had to play bartable 10ball even everyday for the next year straight.

im ready to do it right now are you chris since you have so much heart lol.

billychips
05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I just want to know if they gonna play the 1st game that Chris offered getting the last 2 so I know whether to keep my wallet closed or not.

Chris said he would take the 9 ball playing 10 ball. Not the last two.

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Chris said he would take the 9 ball playing 10 ball. Not the last two.

hey look at his old post he did ask for the last two a while back

billychips
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
hey look at his old post he did ask for the last two a while back

Statute of limitations has ran out on that buddy. Schmidt should have taken that game. Now Chris is asking for the 9 ball, but if Schmidt waits a long time, it might go to the 8 ball. Maybe Chris will get better and ask to play even in a few years.

curlyscues
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
after reading 8 pages of some interesting back and forth, i have seen so many posts titled "HI", that all i can think about now is "hi, my name is larry, this is my brother darrel and this is my other brother darrel."

M.C.

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Statute of limitations has ran out on that buddy. Schmidt should have taken that game. Now Chris is asking for the 9 ball, but if Schmidt waits a long time, it might go to the 8 ball. Maybe Chris will get better and ask to play even in a few years.

I tend to get the feeling that ur a friend of Bartrums or you just dont like John. Either way he offered to play with the last two now numerious people are calling him on it and not him but your saying that that offer is no longer good? Let Chris make the decision he did offer it.

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM

So let me get this straight....that whole list of names is now void ? even tho Chris has been in steady action & is playing the best pool of his life:scratchhead:

billiardspro
05-06-2009, 02:43 PM
You are all wrong chris told john he would play him even 10 ball on a bar table...But he wanted the 9 on a big table i think

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 02:43 PM
So let me get this straight....that whole list of names is now void ? even tho Chris has been in steady action & is playing the best pool of his life:scratchhead:

Im with you Troy a little lost he says one thing then says another :confused:

billychips
05-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I tend to get the feeling that ur a friend of Bartrums or you just dont like John. Either way he offered to play with the last two now numerious people are calling him on it and not him but your saying that that offer is no longer good? Let Chris make the decision he did offer it.

I cant speak for Chris. What I can do is read the post he made (yesterday) in this thread saying hew would play with the 9 ball. John called Chris out to run 100 balls playing straight pool and gave him a week to do so. John changed his mind. No big deal. Chris offered to play John like that 6 months ago. Shit changes. Anyone remember a kid named Shane Van Boeing about 2 years ago. He played around Chris' speed. 6 months later, he was beating Alex and Orcullo. Abilities change. All I am saying is Chris offered to play this week with the 9 ball, and you guys are trying to hold him to a game he offered to play last year. I am good frineds with Chris, and I like Schmidt too. I just think John was out of line, nothing personal. Schmidt would be one of the few pool players I would stake, for what thats worth.

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
You are all wrong chris told john he would play him even 10 ball on a bar table...But he wanted the 9 on a big table i think

that is not what was said a couple months ago...U can go back & look at the list chris made wanting a tar match...nobody is misquoting anybody...i'll go pull up the old thread if you'd like

billychips
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM

I didnt say it was void Troy. I simply said from reading this thread it looks like Chris wants the 9 ball. When Chris wanted to play Schmidt with the last 2, I liked Schmidt. Remember, that list is pretty old. I have a feeling that Bergman, Morra, and Dechaine might eventually play better ( maybe even a lot better) than Chris someday. Should he agree to play them all for life?

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Troy he actually said

"Statute of limitations has ran out on that buddy. Schmidt should have taken that game"

I think thats close enough to the word void i might be wrong?

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
I didnt say it was void Troy. I simply said from reading this thread it looks like Chris wants the 9 ball. When Chris wanted to play Schmidt with the last 2, I liked Schmidt. Remember, that list is pretty old. I have a feeling that Bergman, Morra, and Dechaine might eventually play better ( maybe even a lot better) than Chris someday. Should he agree to play them all for life?

I see your point...you personally know Chris..I don't....I like the way he usually says what he means & mean what he says...people that keep it real always will get my respect...I happen to believe Chris is playing the best pool of his life right now...A few years back I would have let Gary play Chris even...Now I wouldn't...because Gary has put pool on the back burner to pursue poker & what not...So I totally agree with players changing speed...that includes Chris...He has my props cuz I know the people he's been beating lately aren't chumps which means his game went North not south.

The Saw
05-06-2009, 04:07 PM

He is a good, long time friend of Bartrams and has staked Chris way more than anyone else has. He has staked him for $50k a couple of times, 30k, 25k a couple times and several times for 2k-15k. Chips is no wanna-be stakehorse he is the real deal and spent a few years in a poolroom one week, so he knows what the hell he's talking about..... And FWIW, he is the one that staked Schmidt playing Alex 14.1 at the DCC 4-5 years ago and he has offered to stake John since then, so it's not like he is a John hater.

As for Chris wanting the 9ball instead of the last two? I won't speak for Chris as well but here is my view.... Chris and John after a lengthy thread about matching up several months ago agrred to play with the last two. Chris said he would play at Duff's in Kansas City or Shooters in Olathe. Fair offer if you ask me, Chris lives in Columbus, Ohio 600-700 miles from there so it's not like it's his home room. Plus, John has played there before (tournaments, Harriman match, etc.). John would only play in Victorville, CA at his old home room in front of his hometown crowd. Not fair at all! That last two becomes something akin to Chris spotting John the 9ball. Then after that JS beat Kirkwood in a TAR match. Another valid reason for Chris to adjust the spot.

IMO, John is nuts for not accepting the bar table game in Indy in June.... Sure, they run into each other 10 times a year but if they were to play one of those 10 times John would win Chris' money plus a little other. But in Indy John is liable to win 3-4 times as much because there are a dozen or so people in Indy or within a 3 hour drive that will flat ship it on Chris. So John, if you don't like money don't go to Indy.....

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Well just to make it real clear i know that billychips has staked js . I realize he is sometype of big stakehorse but i dont care. If Chris offered something and John said he will play then whats the prob. Believe me ole Chris is gonna get some play out of ole Schmidty on the bar table. The reason John probably wanted to play in victorville is because that was where his stake was. John is NOT dodging Chris and everyone needs to realize that. Either Chris needs to change his Quote on his profile or DO IT!!!

Pii
05-06-2009, 04:23 PM

OK I'll bite
How did you make so much playing pool? I mean I keep hearing no one can make a living at pool. So what's the secret other than playing good?

Not knocking you just curious.

The Saw
05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Well just to make it real clear i know that billychips has staked js . I realize he is sometype of big stakehorse but i dont care. If Chris offered something and John said he will play then whats the prob. Believe me ole Chris is gonna get some play out of ole Schmidty on the bar table. The reason John probably wanted to play in victorville is because that was where his stake was. John is NOT dodging Chris and everyone needs to realize that. Either Chris needs to change his Quote on his profile or DO IT!!!

Chris doesn't need to change shit on his profile...... Chris' track record speaks for itself, his action has slowed down the past few years but he is still in the box more than anyone else out there. Funny, but everyone else Chris matches up with it's pretty easy going and it doesn't take much effort to get a game down. Why isn't it like that with John? And that's not just a john/Chris issue, it's a John/Anyone issue. Your boy is the issue not ours.....

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
OK I'll bite
How did you make so much playing pool? I mean I keep hearing no one can make a living at pool. So what's the secret other than playing good?

Not knocking you just curious.

basically win tourneys,save money from getting staked.
dont spend money on cards,craps,drugs,alchohol.

treat backers,players sponsors fans right.
buy a house i can afford a car i can afford.etc.

basically thats about it. also the fact that ive gambled and beat 100s of good to great players in money matches along with tourney wins.ive even paid taxes on it.

.anyway i should have never said anything about money because in the overall scheme of things what i have is nothing compared to others.

believe me though to do it legit by only playing pool and saving up what i have is like a car salesman saving 5 million.

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Chris doesn't need to change shit on his profile...... Chris' track record speaks for itself, his action has slowed down the past few years but he is still in the box more than anyone else out there. Funny, but everyone else Chris matches up with it's pretty easy going and it doesn't take much effort to get a game down. Why isn't it like that with John? And that's not just a john/Chris issue, it's a John/Anyone issue. Your boy is the issue not ours.....

First off he aint giving the nuts to John. It sounds like a tough game for both. And second i dont know why your more mad about this than anyone. Me along with a few others on this post would just love to see the action.

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM

chris and i will play no biggie.
im leaving for a trip and wont be on here for a month.its been great you guys have fun arguing and im going to go track down chris in person and get this lined up.take care

JXMIKE
05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Why dont you all play 7ball even on a 12 foot snooker table in djibouti africa.

Dont matter how the game is john will win.IMHO

billychips
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM

I obviously cant read because I havent saw anywhere on this thread where anybody, let alone Chris, said John is ducking Bartram. If my reading is right, I actually saw Chris say he cant beat Schmidt. I am not sure why everyone is snapping like Chris is the one being disrespectful. All of this is good entertainment, thats it. However, just because Chris offered to play a game last year and now asked for a little more weight, doesnt make him a coward ot a bad guy. Ill say it again, Schmidt should have got up when Chris tried to play with the last 2.

billychips
05-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I see your point...you personally know Chris..I don't....I like the way he usually says what he means & mean what he says...people that keep it real always will get my respect...I happen to believe Chris is playing the best pool of his life right now...A few years back I would have let Gary play Chris even...Now I wouldn't...because Gary has put pool on the back burner to pursue poker & what not...So I totally agree with players changing speed...that includes Chris...He has my props cuz I know the people he's been beating lately aren't chumps which means his game went North not south.

Gary used to turn down weight from Chris, but a good friend of Garys would always say that Gary would beat Chris. Believe me, the money was up on Chris' side. I like Gary. Tell him Ray from Ohio said hi. If he starts playing again (Im sure he is) we should get them in the box doing something. It would be a good matchup and on the square. I am sure both sides can win something.

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Gary used to turn down weight from Chris, but a good friend of Garys would always say that Gary would beat Chris. Believe me, the money was up on Chris' side. I like Gary. Tell him Ray from Ohio said hi. If he starts playing again (Im sure he is) we should get them in the box doing something. It would be a good matchup and on the square. I am sure both sides can win something.

Chris & I pm'd each other about playing a 8ball match next month...I wish Gary would take it serious like a few years back when he won the mobile tourney & a few other big bar table events...He was on the wagon back then & putting in the table time to make the improvements...only reason I'm putting money against Chris in that 1 is I'm hoping that Gary can win a few games on stategy & not have to outstroke Chris...If it was all on stroke...my money would be on Chris..will tell him u said hi.

The Saw
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
chris and i will play no biggie.
im leaving for a trip and wont be on here for a month.its been great you guys have fun arguing and im going to go track down chris in person and get this lined up.take care

Good luck in Vegas John! Be safe..... You and I would have a lot more fun talking dirt bikes... LOL

B-Rod
05-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I obviously cant read because I havent saw anywhere on this thread where anybody, let alone Chris, said John is ducking Bartram. If my reading is right, I actually saw Chris say he cant beat Schmidt. I am not sure why everyone is snapping like Chris is the one being disrespectful. All of this is good entertainment, thats it. However, just because Chris offered to play a game last year and now asked for a little more weight, doesnt make him a coward ot a bad guy. Ill say it again, Schmidt should have got up when Chris tried to play with the last 2.

I dont think I ever said either was ducking each other I just said back then the reason John probably wanted to play in cali was because thats where his steak was no biggie.

mikeiniowa
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
mikeiniowa to play me i dont know your speed but ill gamble you want the 5 and last 5 right i dont know you so i could be wrong but ill gamble now you want this spot which is fine but now you also want to know every thing i know for 29.95 dvd i think he is a sell out . i dont go off much but this is my one time i feel this dvd is a joke.

this is is a reply from the joe tucker thread from chris. Can I still have this spot? 10k in des moines when svb and frost play.

BVal
05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
mikeiniowa to play me i dont know your speed but ill gamble you want the 5 and last 5 right i dont know you so i could be wrong but ill gamble now you want this spot which is fine but now you also want to know every thing i know for 29.95 dvd i think he is a sell out . i dont go off much but this is my one time i feel this dvd is a joke.

this is is a reply from the joe tucker thread from chris. Can I still have this spot? 10k in des moines when svb and frost play.
shane is playing scott frost?

floridaboy24
05-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Sorry this may b a little late but in post 60 b-rod said that the top pros dont go chasing each other around. I mayb wrong here but i do remember little Alex chasing Shane around. And Shane being willing to step up and gamble with pretty much any top pro. Yea id say that there are some out there doing it.

Boyd Bouknight
05-07-2009, 09:25 AM
It sure is funny how everytime Chris starts woofing, he starts asking for more and more weight. If you say that John is better than you, which everybody already knew anyway, don't downgrade him. You are what gives the gambling side of pool a bad rap. Since he is better than you, ask for a game that you think is fair and if he accepts or declines, don't hate if the other person doesn't play. Learn some respect and quit being such a pompass ASS.

Boyd Bouknight
05-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Stick with the shortstops that you play and show respect for the world class players of the world.

B-Rod
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry this may b a little late but in post 60 b-rod said that the top pros dont go chasing each other around. I mayb wrong here but i do remember little Alex chasing Shane around. And Shane being willing to step up and gamble with pretty much any top pro. Yea id say that there are some out there doing it.

alex still is there are a few exceptions they played lastnight also

CreeDo
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM

This reads like a cross between bartrum, fatboy, and artie bodendorfer. I need a woofing-to-english translation for this.

B-Rod
05-07-2009, 10:34 AM
This reads like a cross between bartrum, fatboy, and artie bodendorfer. I need a woofing-to-english translation for this.

I feel ya on that one

tjlmbklr
05-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Tap, tap, tap...!

Your gonna make fun of the fact that ive got a car 6500 cash .

Well instead of being like the millions of idiots out their who buy 30,000 dollar cars and 400,000 dollar homes .

Instead i put 50,000 down on a 115,000 home.
Guess what im not in foreclosure and dont need a bailout like some people out their who are actually the root of the economic problem..

They bought way more than they can afford .

So when they go bankrupt and foreclosed on and live in a apartment with 5 guys or maybe go back and live with mommy.

Ill be right here driving my accord that i have the title too and living in my house thats halfway paid for.with my 500 dollar mortgage.

I like the people who buy half million dollar homes put nothing down and have 3200 a month mortgage making fun of me.lol

I also have no child support ,credit card payments and have 90 something thousand in the bank. Along with 10,000 in dirtbikes, the 6500 car and 50,000 in the house.

Lets see that means ive saved 150,000 have no debt all from playing pool.

That isnt much i know but for just playing pool its not bad.

My point is this pool is a business to me not entertainment.

See the nice thing is i can drive a used accord because even though i could buy a more expensive one i know i cant get carried away.

Maybe that makes me a schmuck and im just not as cool as you guys on here lol.take care im going to ride my dirtbikes that i owe nothing on .

floridaboy24
05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Your right b-rod. Wasnt trying to b a smart ass toward you or give u a hard time just wanted to make my point that there are still a few out there doing it. I agree not too many tho.

B-Rod
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
were good all is well

CBuck
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
It sure is funny how everytime Chris starts woofing, he starts asking for more and more weight. If you say that John is better than you, which everybody already knew anyway, don't downgrade him. You are what gives the gambling side of pool a bad rap. Since he is better than you, ask for a game that you think is fair and if he accepts or declines, don't hate if the other person doesn't play. Learn some respect and quit being such a pompass ASS.

Stick with the shortstops that you play and show respect for the world class players of the world. I've been reading this forum for years but just starting posting recently, I think all the red & orange under your name means a a majority vote was taken & they decided you are an idiot after only 4 posts congrats.

Rubyron
05-07-2009, 01:52 PM

The first paragraph is a quote from Bartram from another thread. It just needs the quote tags. Apparently he offered MikeinIowa the 5 and last 5.

Now MikeinIowa wants to know if the offer is still good and wants to bet 10k.

That's the way i read it anyway.

alstl
05-07-2009, 01:56 PM

I have no idea what that means but I'm going to send you green rep just for the entertainment value.

Boyd Bouknight
05-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I've been reading this forum for years but just starting posting recently, I think all the red & orange under your name means a a majority vote was taken & they decided you are an idiot after only 4 posts congrats.
Well CBUCK, and i hope that this isn't Matt Clutterbuck, and i'm sure that it's not since Matt is a class act, you are as ignorant as they come and obviosely have never been around top notch players. I have a big enough set of balls to put my real name on here. I.m not even shortstop speed, but your smartass reply can get some action with me anytime. 10 ball, one pocket, 14.1 or banks. I'm in Columbia,S.C. pm me and let your cue do the talking.

billychips
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Stick with the shortstops that you play and show respect for the world class players of the world.

You are an absolute moron. Bartram has played every champion that there is, from Orcullo, Paguyalan, Appleton to Morris this weekend. You probably dont even deserve a response as you are obviously an ignorant fool, but I couldnt help myself. Try and play in the street tonight.

mikeiniowa
05-08-2009, 03:00 PM
The first paragraph is a quote from Bartram from another thread. It just needs the quote tags. Apparently he offered MikeinIowa the 5 and last 5.

Now MikeinIowa wants to know if the offer is still good and wants to bet 10k.

That's the way i read it anyway.

yes. ......................

Mr. Wilson
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Clean it up guys.

Pii
05-10-2009, 08:54 AM
basically win tourneys,save money from getting staked.
dont spend money on cards,craps,drugs,alchohol.

treat backers,players sponsors fans right.
buy a house i can afford a car i can afford.etc.

basically thats about it. also the fact that ive gambled and beat 100s of good to great players in money matches along with tourney wins.ive even paid taxes on it.

.anyway i should have never said anything about money because in the overall scheme of things what i have is nothing compared to others.

believe me though to do it legit by only playing pool and saving up what i have is like a car salesman saving 5 million.

Thanks for the reply John. Good luck and I hope your fortunes grow. You seem like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders. So don't go smashing it up on a dirt bike track. :-)

Pii
05-10-2009, 08:55 AM
You are an absolute moron. Bartram has played every champion that there is, from Orcullo, Paguyalan, Appleton to Morris this weekend. You probably dont even deserve a response as you are obviously an ignorant fool, but I couldnt help myself. Try and play in the street tonight.

Has he played any of them even?

billychips
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Actually he has. He played Appleton even. Playing Orcullo and Pagulayan even would be pretty dumb on his part. He knows his limitations and matches up accordingly. His shortstop playing ass has played and beaten most of the following (playing even)

Darren Appleton (lost)
Tony Chohan
Scott Frost
Ronnie Wiseman
Gabe Owen
George Breedlove
Danny Basavich
Mike Dechaine
Troy Frank
Shawn Putnam
Dee Adkins

I am sure I could go on but you would still come up with reasons that he isnt a solid player. I hope you all keep thinking that and he can keep getting BBQ'D like he did this weekend. t sure hurt my pockets.

billychips
05-10-2009, 11:50 AM
He also played Rodney Morris even on the bar box as well.

Mainplayer
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I hope that he will play me for life. Please god. Give me three or four months and you can come to Maine chris and we can play some 9 ball dead even. triple shimmed brunswick. its on you.

billychips
05-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I hope that he will play me for life. Please god. Give me three or four months and you can come to Maine chris and we can play some 9 ball dead even. triple shimmed brunswick. its on you.

Didnt he already heist you once??? You couldnt even bet what you promised. What a fiasco you and your crew put on.

Mainplayer
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Didnt he already heist you once??? You couldnt even bet what you promised. What a fiasco you and your crew put on.

Hey billychips I robbed him long before that set. I believe a 8 or 10 ahead in about 45 minutes. I wasn't right for this recent match. Its ok, the past is the past. I believe I am ready now like I was when I 18.

billychips
05-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey billychips I robbed him long before that set. I believe a 8 or 10 ahead in about 45 minutes. I wasn't right for this recent match. Its ok, the past is the past. I believe I am ready now like I was when I 18.

Thats cool. Let me know. Im sure Chris will try you some more.

clatterbuck
06-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Well CBUCK, and i hope that this isn't Matt Clutterbuck, and i'm sure that it's not since Matt is a class act, you are as ignorant as they come and obviosely have never been around top notch players. I have a big enough set of balls to put my real name on here. I.m not even shortstop speed, but your smartass reply can get some action with me anytime. 10 ball, one pocket, 14.1 or banks. I'm in Columbia,S.C. pm me and let your cue do the talking.

just for the record

real bartram
06-13-2009, 07:12 AM

tell it right i gave you the 8 ball playing 9 ball for 1000 and you won.
thats all you would bet.

real bartram
06-13-2009, 08:02 AM

he would play you even.

real bartram
06-13-2009, 08:05 AM

when do i ask for more and more weight?

Mainplayer
06-14-2009, 07:05 AM
I am pretty sure the bet was 2500 total including the rail. You did give me the eight and we did play an ahead set that took maybe 45 minutes. We bet in the middle 1500. But again you are playing much better the you were. I don't think that that game is out of line. Or just the last two. something like that.

real bartram
06-14-2009, 07:19 AM
I am pretty sure the bet was 2500 total including the rail. You did give me the eight and we did play an ahead set that took maybe 45 minutes. We bet in the middle 1500. But again you are playing much better the you were. I don't think that that game is out of line. Or just the last two. something like that.

you won a pro tourney i should ask for weight.
but ill play 15 ahead 10 on your home floor.

The Saw
06-14-2009, 07:41 AM

So, you beat him in 45 minutes, BFD.... You think you're the first player to win an 8 ahead in 45 minutes? When you give a guy that can run out the 4,7, & the breaks betting 50k playing 8 ahead and win in 45 minutes then you can brag a little.