PDA

View Full Version : az get together at country club in chelmsford

guycrunch
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
i think it's time the new england az members had another night out, the last few were great. how about thursday may 21 at country club in chelmsford ma.? no 8-ball rat this time but we had a good group with koop, rodney, nasc, joe c, tony zinzola, paulybatz, zippy371, and the rest of the gang. maybe tank and some of the other locals can make. let me know who can make it. thanx.

guy

Monstermash
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Count me in! If I can remember...:sorry:

I've been looking for an excuse to make the trip up to CC. This may be just the ticket. :thumbup:

nasc
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds great Guy. Count me in.

Glen

Rodney
05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I should be able to make it as well. When the day gets closer, I'll have a definate yes or no. Work's kinda unpredictable.

Rodney

pbat2751
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I should be able to make it as well. When the day gets closer, I'll have a definate yes or no. Work's kinda unpredictable.

Rodney

I 2nd that emotion:thumbup:

Koop
05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I 2nd that emotion:thumbup:

I 3rd that emotion.
I think I can make it but just need to make sure first.

Pete
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I think I can make it. Just need to make sure the wife is home for my boy (dog)...

Pete

Apocalypse2017
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I was wondering if their were any pool players on here from the New England area.

Koop
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Looks like this could be a nice turn out. I hope I can make it.

PegLeg
05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I am going to add it to my calendar and try to make it but only if everyone is nice to me and spots me some balls so I don't give away to much $$ getting my butt kicked. :thumbup:

catscradle
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
i think it's time the new england az members had another night out, the last few were great. how about thursday may 21 at country club in chelmsford ma.? no 8-ball rat this time but we had a good group with koop, rodney, nasc, joe c, tony zinzola, paulybatz, zippy371, and the rest of the gang. maybe tank and some of the other locals can make. let me know who can make it. thanx.

guy

I'll try to make it again, but my league down here might be in playoffs that night.

selftaut
05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Its possible I can make it, its a 3 hour drive for me since I am in farthest western MA. so I will see when that day comes what the timeline looks like.

Monstermash
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Its possible I can make it, its a 3 hour drive for me since I am in farthest western MA. so I will see when that day comes what the timeline looks like.

I'll be leaving from the Worcester area if you want to meet up and ride in together.

selftaut
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I'll be leaving from the Worcester area if you want to meet up and ride in together.

Thanks for the offer monstermash!, but for me where I am its fastest to go over route 2 out of greenfield then a bit south to chelmsford, so I think would be traveling well north of worcester.

Rodney
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the offer monstermash!, but for me where I am its fastest to go over route 2 out of greenfield then a bit south to chelmsford, so I think would be traveling well north of worcester.

What town are you driving from?

I'm in Templeton, not too far off of Rt. 2. If you'd rather drive in with someone, we could meet up, and I could drive the rest of the way to give you a break from driving.

Rodney

selftaut
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM

I'm in Templeton, not too far off of Rt. 2. If you'd rather drive in with someone, we could meet up, and I could drive the rest of the way to give you a break from driving.

Rodney

Hey Rodney, I would be coming out of north adams over the mohawk trail then route 2 east, I really don't know if I can make it yet so I can't make it a definate, but when the time comes maybe I will give you a PM. Thanks for the offer.

Kevin Vidal

catscradle
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey Rodney, I would be coming out of north adams over the mohawk trail then route 2 east, I really don't know if I can make it yet so I can't make it a definate, but when the time comes maybe I will give you a PM. Thanks for the offer.

Kevin Vidal
Found memories of North Adams, that's is where I went to school back when it was North Adams State College before they tried to upgrade there image to Mass College of Liberal Arts. Now I don't have an alma mater. lol.
Does the Camp Light still exist? That was my main watering hole.

selftaut
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Found memories of North Adams, that's is where I went to school back when it was North Adams State College before they tried to upgrade there image to Mass College of Liberal Arts. Now I don't have an alma mater. lol.
Does the Camp Light still exist? That was my main watering hole.

Ahhhh, yes the school is ever changing it seems. The camplight is gone, the college crowd hangs at a place called the pitchers mound now.

tom mcgonagle
05-08-2009, 05:27 PM
This will be the first time I go, It will be nice meeting the faces behind the names. I'll bring copies of my book if anyone is interested in purchasing one.

selftaut
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
This will be the first time I go, It will be nice meeting the faces behind the names. I'll bring copies of my book if anyone is interested in purchasing one.

Hi Tom, I was thinking the same thing that it would be nice to meet people behind the screen names. Hope I can make it, should be a lot of fun. I remember you when I used to travel with "Chicken Man" Dunsmore a little back in the old days.

Kevin Vidal

nasc
05-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Do AZ'rs get a discount?:D (I had to ask)
It always nice to put faces to a name or handle.

Glen

tom mcgonagle
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm willing to make concessions on my price to AZ''rs. How does $17.00 sound? Signed. I usually get twenty.

nasc
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm willing to make concessions on my price to AZ''rs. How does $17.00 sound? Signed. I usually get twenty.

Done deal.

Glen

nasc
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I am calling out Mike W. and Tom D. to come up and have fun.:eek:

Glen

KMRUNOUT
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I go pretty much every Thursday for the 9 ball tournament, so it is highly likely that I will be there.

See you all then,

Kerry M

JoseV
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
WOW sounds like a good time i wish i could go but maybe if there is one the next time im home ill be game!!!

Monstermash
05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I go pretty much every Thursday for the 9 ball tournament, so it is highly likely that I will be there.

See you all then,

Kerry M

Kerry,

Did I catch you in the first round on table 10 last night?

Cornerman
05-09-2009, 04:41 AM

RodneyIt's a Thursday?

I might make it, but as many of you know, I'm pretty unsociable.

Fred

selftaut
05-09-2009, 06:16 AM
It's a Thursday?

I might make it, but as many of you know, I'm pretty unsociable.

Fred

LOL, until someone hands you a microphone! :)

j/k

maybe I will see you there Fred.

nasc
05-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I spoke to Mike Webb. He stated he was unable to make it. Too bad. He would have a good time. Any others?

Glen

Monstermash
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM

Tom,

Please bring a copy for me. I remember reading your articles in the "All about Pool" magazine years ago. I think we may even have met once or twice IIRC.

I'm currently in the middle of reading "Playing off the Rail" by David McCumber for the third time and I'll make your book next on my list. :thumbup:

railfirst
05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Pocketspeed and I were thinking about coming if i can get out of work a little early that day. What time do you guys usually meet up there?

Ben

Koop
05-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Pocketspeed and I were thinking about coming if i can get out of work a little early that day. What time do you guys usually meet up there?

Ben

I usually get there around 8-9PM and a lot of guys are already there. Us poor slobs that have to drive up from Boston are always late.

Rodney, didn't you go around 4PM the last time? Needed all that practice to beat me huh? :D

Apocalypse2017
05-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I was going to say that chelmsford is too long of a drive, but then the guy from western ma is driving 3 hours. :eek: I'm still afraid you guys will make fun of my Cuetec:(

Koop
05-14-2009, 08:35 AM
I was going to say that chelmsford is too long of a drive, but then the guy from western ma is driving 3 hours. :eek: I'm still afraid you guys will make fun of my Cuetec:(

Why do I get the feeling that if you have the balls to play with a Cuetec then I am going to need weight from you? ;)

Apocalypse2017
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Why do I get the feeling that if you have the balls to play with a Cuetec then I am going to need weight from you? ;)

you can use my cuetec for a paper weight if you want LOL:thumbup: I seem to shoot OK with it though :scratchhead:

I work in westboro so chelmsford can't be that far:confused:

Koop
05-14-2009, 10:31 AM
you can use my cuetec for a paper weight if you want LOL:thumbup: I seem to shoot OK with it though :scratchhead:

I work in westboro so chelmsford can't be that far:confused:

LOL...No, Westboro should be an easy drive right up 495 to Rte 3N.

Rodney
05-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I usually get there around 8-9PM and a lot of guys are already there. Us poor slobs that have to drive up from Boston are always late.

Rodney, didn't you go around 4PM the last time? Needed all that practice to beat me huh? :D

I actually got there at noon to practice up for you last time, didn't do any good though:mad:.

Koop
05-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I actually got there at noon to practice up for you last time, didn't do any good though:mad:.

Yeah, yeah, you're not fooling anyone, specially me ;)

tom mcgonagle
05-14-2009, 11:59 AM
You may want to call ahead to make sure what hours Country Club is open, these days.

Monstermash
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM
You may want to call ahead to make sure what hours Country Club is open, these days.

They have a weekly tournament on Thursday so they will be open for sure.

nasc
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Any others going?

Glen

catscradle
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Country Club is alive and well. I can't make it though, I have playoffs.

BTW Tom, I got your book from Amazon, it arrived today. You showed it to me at Snookers, but I wasn't prepared to buy it at that time. It could be a while before I get to it. I've 3 novels in front of it and 4 or 5 technical books I'm going through in parallel, but I'll post my opinion when I read it.

SK Custom Cues
05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
What fun that sounds like. Anyone else in other areas do the same? I would love to get something like that going in the Tulsa area.

Rodney
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I may have a hard time making it now, I might be staying in Old Orchard for the week, and commuting to Newbury to work. I should still be able to make it, but we'll see.

jsp
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
If this was a little over two years ago, I'd walk there from my apartment. Alas, the drive now would be 14 hours. Hope you guys have fun.

scottyr44
05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
would like to go sounds like a good time i won't be in the area till june 10th if anyone would like to meet up ill be on leave looking for some games

guycrunch
05-17-2009, 06:18 PM
i just talked to ken carfagno of four kings cues and he is going to try and be there as well. i believe there is a poker game going on that night as well for anone interested but i'm not sure.

guy

Koop
05-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Sorry guys but I can't make it. Keep em going and hopefully I will make the next one.

Koop

guycrunch
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
if possible i would like to get a count of everyone who's coming. i'm going to try and reserve the tables and get a set price for the table time.

guy

Cornerman
05-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Let's see, that makes Koop, Rodney, and Steve not making it? I'm a bit too anti-social as it is, but without friends to support me, I doubt I'll make it either.

Fred <~~~ recluse

Zippy371
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey Guy, just to let you know they won't let the guys play in the poker game, it's a league and you need to be a league player.

Also to scottyr44, pm me if you like and I will give you my cell. I'll give you a few games. They also have a thursday night nine ball tournement. I see your on leave from the service, I'd be happy to put you into the tournament some thursday night as a small thank you and sign of respect for your time in. Stay safe.

Thanks
Jason H.

Rodney
05-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Let's see, that makes Koop, Rodney, and Steve not making it? I'm a bit too anti-social as it is, but without friends to support me, I doubt I'll make it either.

Fred <~~~ recluse

I know it's just a couple of days away, but I'm still not sure. My work schedule is changing again(3rd time), and I'm not sure what's up. I would say my chance of going is about 75%.

I'm currently home, I'll be in O.O.B. tomorrow night, and that's as far as I can get right now.

Rodney

Cornerman
05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm currently home, I'll be in O.O.B. tomorrow night, and that's as far as I can get right now.

RodneySeems to me you should stay in Maine through the weekend.

Fred <~~~ might do the spur of the moment beach thing this weekend

nasc
05-19-2009, 07:32 PM
I am in.

Glen

Monstermash
05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
What time does everyone stay until?

I can't get there until around 9pm or so.

tom mcgonagle
05-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm there until the ligts go out. The beauty of retirement.

Rodney
05-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Seems to me you should stay in Maine through the weekend.

Fred <~~~ might do the spur of the moment beach thing this weekend

My schedule changed again:mad:! I'm not working today, I'm sleeping home tonight, and working tomorrow in newbury. If I have Friday off, I'm going to O.O.B. after work tomorrow. So, what I'm saying is, I STILL don't know.

Rodney<--------- SO CONFUSED!

Pete
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm on the maybe list.

Pete

Rodney
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
What time will everyone get there? I can get there early, stay a couple three hours, then I gotta head north. If nobody's gonna be there, I'll just head north after work.

Rodney

guycrunch
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
rodney, what time will you get there?

guy

Rodney
05-20-2009, 07:06 PM
rodney, what time will you get there?

guy

It's tough to say, I'm finishing a job tomorrow, so when it's done. I'm guessing 4:30 the latest. I could stay till about 7:30. What time do they open?

Also, I don't mind being there for a little while by myself, I could use the practice.

ipoppa33
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm in. Be there around 7-7:30.

Stan

joe c
05-21-2009, 03:38 AM
I will be there around 7. I may play in the 9 ball tourney.

Koop
05-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Rodney just called me and said he won't be able make it.
We'll both try for the next one.

nasc
05-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Last bump for this one. Anyone else?

Glen

guycrunch
05-22-2009, 03:21 AM
first i'd like to thank steve and louie from country club in chelmsford, they always take very good care of us az-ers when we meet there. it's really a great place to play. we had cornerman, charley, guycrunch, ipoppa33, joe c, nasc, tom mcgonagle, tony zinzola, and zippy371. tom mcgonagle signed some books for us and showed us quite a few shots. cornerman had us playing a lot of 10 ball and as usual some great conversation. it wasn't as many as we had hoped but those that were there had a great time. and we had some nice scenery to look at for a while at the next table. thanx everyone and we will do it again in the fall.

guy

selftaut
05-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Hopefully I can get to the next one, I wound up changing the power steering pump in my car, and cussing all the way :( Got done to late to hit the road, I would not have gotten there until around 10pm so I decided not to go.

catscradle
05-22-2009, 07:05 AM
first i'd like to thank steve and louie from country club in chelmsford, they always take very good care of us az-ers when we meet there. it's really a great place to play. we had cornerman, charley, guycrunch, ipoppa33, joe c, nasc, tom mcgonagle, tony zinzola, and zippy371. tom mcgonagle signed some books for us and showed us quite a few shots. cornerman had us playing a lot of 10 ball and as usual some great conversation. it wasn't as many as we had hoped but those that were there had a great time. and we had some nice scenery to look at for a while at the next table. thanx everyone and we will do it again in the fall.

guy

Couldn't make it because of league playoffs (My team was out in 2, I should have skipped it lol). Line up another one, I'll be there if it isn't a Wednesday.
Steve.

nasc
05-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Not the biggest turnout but fun was had all around. It's always nice to put faces to names that people use on the boards. I am in for the next one.

Glen

ipoppa33
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing all the beautiful cues. Can't wait for the next one.
Thanks.

Stan

tom mcgonagle
05-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry I didn't spend more time getting to know all of you. My competive side always gets the best of me. I had to focus on the tournament. I did win.

Great meeting all of you. Thanks for supporting me and purchasing my book. Looking forward to the next one. The pretty girl in the room was nominated, by Dave, "The Houseman," to play Flo, if my story ever goes Hollywood. What do you think? You'll understand after a few chapters.

catscradle
05-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry I didn't spend more time getting to know all of you. My competive side always gets the best of me. I had to focus on the tournament. I did win.

Great meeting all of you. Thanks for supporting me and purchasing my book. Looking forward to the next one. The pretty girl in the room was nominated, by Dave, "The Houseman," to play Flo, if my story ever goes Hollywood. What do you think? You'll understand after a few chapters.

Getting close 2 more novels in front of yours. :)

nasc
05-22-2009, 09:25 PM

Flo will have to wear a turtle skirt like the "pretty girl" was wearing.

Glen

tom mcgonagle
05-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I didn't notice anything she was wearing.

Monstermash
05-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I was at Paul Drexler's until almost 9pm and I just didn't have it in me to drive an hour and a half home and then another 45 minutes to CC. I'll be sure and make the next one. Scouts honor! :thumbup:

FYI, there is going to be another get together at Pool Table Magic in a few months. I can't remember when but I think Mark said August so watch out for that one.

Pete
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I was at Paul Drexler's until almost 9pm and I just didn't have it in me to drive an hour and a half home and then another 45 minutes to CC. I'll be sure and make the next one. Scouts honor! :thumbup:

FYI, there is going to be another get together at Pool Table Magic in a few months. I can't remember when but I think Mark said August so watch out for that one.

What is this?

FYI, there is going to be another get together at Pool Table Magic in a few months. I can't remember when but I think Mark said August so watch out for that one

catscradle
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
What is this?

FYI, there is going to be another get together at Pool Table Magic in a few months. I can't remember when but I think Mark said August so watch out for that one

Mark K. and Joe started this a couple of years ago. It is a little north of Hartford. It is kind of a mini-tournament, cue show, and get together in one. I went to the first one and enjoyed it, but then Mark changed it to 2 days and I didn't want to get a motel room for it, it wasn't good enough to justify that IMO. If he left it at one day I would have gone last year too. I presume he'll be keeping it at 2 days and I won't be going this year.
Watch for post by Joe (Classic Cues) about it.
Steve.

spw62
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Sun: 12pm till 1:am
Mon: 5pm Till 1:am
Tue: 5pm Till 1:am
Wed:5pm Till 1:am
Thu: 3pm Till 2:am
Fri:1pm Till 2:am
Sat:10:am Till 2:am

Sat & Sun Play from open till 6pm $12.00pp
Every Night Play from 6pm Till Close $12.00pp