PDA

View Full Version : Joe Tucker = HEART

JoeyA
05-04-2009, 08:05 AM
WOW!

All you have to do is look at the scores of his last few matches to tell if Joe has any heart, let alone talent.
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?id=6503

Congratulations Joe!

JoeyA

CreeDo
05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
He was recently offering lessons in new england too. So if the DVD's didn't convince anyone to sign up, this ought to. The guy can play a little.

5ballcharlie
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
thats my boy... WAY TO GO JOE.....

Scott Lee
05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Joe is a top notch player, as well as an excellent instructor! I would recommend lessons with him to anyone! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

He was recently offering lessons in new england too. So if the DVD's didn't convince anyone to sign up, this ought to. The guy can play a little.

racefornine
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Great job Joe . When your done counting the money call me . I have a couple of questions for you . 845-565-1994 .

Joe T
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey Guys, thanks a lot. You know its not always just the local fan base weíre out there playing for, thereís always az in the back of any serious players mind. Great event, great tour and personal, my favorite room owners, my sponsors Regina & Steve Goulding.

However I now have to regretfully tell you that I am quitting pool. Yes I am actually gonna give up this beautiful game, going give it for a whole 2-3 months!!! Going to learn to play golf, been putting this off for years now, got 2 kids in little league this year that need practice and yoga is coming back into my life as cigarettes leave! So itís health, family, fun, still have to teach on weekends and take care of biz but thatís always easier when Iím not trying to get in or stay in stroke.

As for the weekend if you want to know what I was feeling and thinking simply invest $30 here http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bob-Rotella-CD-Collection/dp/0743544773#
Possibly the best $30 I ever spent. I wasnít trying to catch a gear, win or lose, crush an opponent or get caught up in the drama, I was just hitting pool shots when they were available and let the rest take care of its self.
I also think we should all own a copy of this;
http://www.amazon.com/Golfers-Mind-Play-Great/dp/0743269756/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

ps Iím quitting pool right after the Hatch Appleton match, good luck to both & thanks TAR!

trustyrusty
05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey Guys, thanks a lot. You know its not always just the local fan base weíre out there playing for, thereís always az in the back of any serious players mind. Great event, great tour and personal, my favorite room owners, my sponsors Regina & Steve Goulding.

However I now have to regretfully tell you that I am quitting pool. Yes I am actually gonna give up this beautiful game, going give it for a whole 2-3 months!!! Going to learn to play golf, been putting this off for years now, got 2 kids in little league this year that need practice and yoga is coming back into my life as cigarettes leave! So itís health, family, fun, still have to teach on weekends and take care of biz but thatís always easier when Iím not trying to get in or stay in stroke.

As for the weekend if you want to know what I was feeling and thinking simply invest $30 here http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bob-Rotella-CD-Collection/dp/0743544773#
Possibly the best $30 I ever spent. I wasnít trying to catch a gear, win or lose, crush an opponent or get caught up in the drama, I was just hitting pool shots when they were available and let the rest take care of its self.
I also think we should all own a copy of this;
http://www.amazon.com/Golfers-Mind-Play-Great/dp/0743269756/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

ps Iím quitting pool right after the Hatch Appleton match, good luck to both & thanks TAR!

You are gonna get BIT! When the golfbug bites you you really know it (usually happens after a couple of your shots go exactly where you want them to....then you spend the rest of your life trying to make them ALL do that, lol ;) ). Next thing you know, you're on launch monitors figuring out which shaft to put into a $500 driver that you just bought 2 months ago that'll give you 4-5 more yards...:eek:

In all seriousness, good luck (not that you'll need it)....any serious competitor that gives golf a real shot will end up loving the game. BTW, walk whenever you can, and play early morning rounds as much as possible (trust me, both will do wonders for stress reduction in life).

stikapos
05-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Talent ? What talent ? Joe is five foot nothin, a hundred and nuthin without a spec of athletic ability (okay, okay, I'm stealing from a movie sequence...) and he's hung with the BEST of them!!! Seriously, Joe is and has always been a single minded guy who did (and continues to do) things right and got the absolute max out of whatever abilities he was given. Besides, he's still skinny and has most of his hair left. I'm not and I don't! If I was going to learn from anyone, I'd rather learn from someone who had to work it out in their own mind vs. someone who was naturally gifted. Especially someone who has worked on it as hard as Joe.

So, while I'm much more stubborn than Joe and generally find that billiards mediocrity is more exciting than excellence, there is hardly anyone (except Mike Webb) in the industry that I am more proud to know personally than Joe.

A big fat warm hearted congratulations to you Joe T. Nice Job.

timmy b.

Williebetmore
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Joe T,
Congratulations on a great performance.

I am sad to hear that you will not be playing for a while; but family life draws many away from pool.

I do hope you will continue with the instruction. A good friend of mine worked with you in Indy a couple of weeks ago (unfortunately I had to work, and could not join the festivities:mad::mad:), and just RAVED about your instruction, knowledge, and enthusiasm. Such instructors are relatively rare, and pool is better for having them.

Though I am not a proficient 9-ball player, the breaking/rack-reading techniques that my friend showed me were awesome; and we are both making balls on the break at a MUCH higher rate with practice using your techniques. I do hope you will return to Indy.

tom mcgonagle
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Joe, I hope you like being in the woods. That little white sucker you're going to be hitting around, is worse than the one you're presently hitting around, it has a mind of it's own and it's evil. It also costs money to buy more of the same evil bastards.

Great shooting, over the weekend. Enjoy your time away. The wife and family are the keys to our little success story, looking forward to a rematch when you come back. Stay in touch.

5ballcharlie
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I can honestly say Joe Tucker is why I am playing as good as I am today. I always had the desire and dedication he just pointed me in the right direction. Thanks again buddy 09 us open here we come....

JoseV
05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Joe is a classy guy he was helping me out with my stroke while i was staioned in Alsaka Buy reveiwing the DVD'S i recorded of my self playing and sent me few things. I would learn and listen to his Pool knowledge any day.

Joe T
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Talent ? What talent ? Joe is five foot nothin, a hundred and nuthin without a spec of athletic ability (okay, okay, I'm stealing from a movie sequence...) and he's hung with the BEST of them!!!
Add "Please forgive, too many minds, mind on opponent, mind on sword, mind on people watching, too many minds, NO mind" to this post and you have my 2 favorite movies.

Willie yeah I wish you were there but that'll be my excuse to get back there! Make sure your buddy practices.

Charlie, I feel lucky a dedicated person like yourself found me:) I'm very proud of you. Day in and day out, month after month and even after successes or failures you stayed the course and now you're playing with the big boys!

Yeah Tom, I can see the frustration coming but man how good it feels when you hit one sweet.

gotta go and get ready for T A R baby! Thanks everyone.

5ballcharlie
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, lol

Fuji-whopper
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Joe is a great guy and great player, glad to see him doing well and giving up the smoking. Thank you Joe for the book recommendations too, can't wait to pick them up and learn something!!

Gregg
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Joe can't do it here, but I'll pimp for him;

Either you have or should have his "Third Eye Stroke Trainer" and or his "Racking Secrets" DVD.

They are great, and Joe comes across great with lots of little tid bits on the game that you will miss if you are not paying attention.

Pushout
09-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Joe can't do it here, but I'll pimp for him;

Either you have or should have his "Third Eye Stroke Trainer" and or his "Racking Secrets" DVD.

They are great, and Joe comes across great with lots of little tid bits on the game that you will miss if you are not paying attention.

Have Trainer, will travel. Wait, wait!! Also have the book, no dvd:sorry:

dabarbr
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Congratulations Joe on your win even though you had and unfair advantage using a third eye. Sorry to hear you're leaving, but we know you'll be back. Meanwhile enjoy that dimpled ball game.

Gerry
09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Joe, we need to get together. I have the "lucky" hand at golf. I hate the game with all my heart, but I can go out and shoot 80 most any day sleepwalking.

I tell you what. With your obvious dedication to playing pool at a top level, I"ll take you out and get you shooting in the 80's in no time.......and you help me out with the last few things I need to finish off my pool game. I am just trying to get ready for this upcoming season.....ie the Derby.....etc.

I'm located in the Philly burbs.....

good luck man!

G.

Josh Palmer
09-09-2009, 04:02 PM
You're right Joe.. you should have taken up Golf years ago... But you have helped quite a few people with pool, so don't get frustrated that you didn't start earlier. In no time, you will probably have a trainer for golfers that will be worth some $$$$$$$$$$$~~!!!!!

Pushout
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Since the original post was in May, Joe should be back playing pool by now, should he not?

dabarbr
09-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Since the original post was in May, Joe should be back playing pool by now, should he not?

You're right. I think we were all duped here.

JimS
09-10-2009, 04:36 AM
I was hoping Joe would have penned a report as to how the 'learn to golf' project went. Golf is another thing that I can't do a little of. It's in or out for me. When I'm 'in' golf it consumes my life. Pool is almost as bad.

How about you Joe?