PDA

View Full Version : That one MF that you wanted to beat. Everybody has one.

crawfish
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Man, when I first moved to Raleigh, there was a guy that hawked me every time he saw me. I would walk into a room and he was always there. He would bark and laugh. He did beat me outta fifty bucks once. I swore I'd eventually beat him. He had quite a chuckle at my expense over the first five years here. Then, he vanished.

Well, last night he showed up. I was playing cheap in the back with a friend. He asked at least five people to play. Then, he saw me. Barked more than Scooter. "What are we gonna do?" He expected me to turn him down as I used to. He wasn't quite ready to hear, "At LEAST twenty a game. Pay up at each hundred mark." He couldn't wait. Neither could I. I haven't seen this guy in over 15 years.

Anyway, bragging is now in effect. Charged him. He won three outta fourteen games. I think I played the best that I have in quite a while. I won't go into detail, but it was so sweet to watch him put the cash in the pocket, not say a word, and walk out. Anybody else have a guy like this? I'm sure we all do. Oh yeah, hit him with four to kick it off. Pretty sure he was stunned.

For more effect: He's the kind of guy that (knowing I'd say no thanks) would ask me anyway and laugh out loud and make mention of "no nuts."

trustyrusty
05-04-2009, 09:50 AM
nope. I don't care if they are the biggest p..ri..ck in the world or if I've been friends with em for 20 years - want to beat them all the same. The cash thing I can understand, if you're into that, but I enjoy much more the win than whatever the stakes are!!

5ballcharlie
05-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Man, when I first moved to Raleigh, there was a guy that hawked me every time he saw me. I would walk into a room and he was always there. He would bark and laugh. He did beat me outta fifty bucks once. I swore I'd eventually beat him. He had quite a chuckle at my expense over the first five years here. Then, he vanished.

Well, last night he showed up. I was playing cheap in the back with a friend. He asked at least five people to play. Then, he saw me. Barked more than Scooter. "What are we gonna do?" He expected me to turn him down as I used to. He wasn't quite ready to hear, "At LEAST twenty a game. Pay up at each hundred mark." He couldn't wait. Neither could I. I haven't seen this guy in over 15 years.

Anyway, bragging is now in effect. Charged him. He won three outta fourteen games. I think I played the best that I have in quite a while. I won't go into detail, but it was so sweet to watch him put the cash in the pocket, not say a word, and walk out. Anybody else have a guy like this? I'm sure we all do. Oh yeah, hit him with four to kick it off. Pretty sure he was stunned.

For more effect: He's the kind of guy that (knowing I'd say no thanks) would ask me anyway and laugh out loud and make mention of "no nuts."

Yea I had a guy that used to beat the crap out of me when I was younger. So much that it forced me to buy a pool table and put in some real practice. Long story short, I practiced for a good 2 years and when we finally played again I beat him like a drum. He now needs atleast the 7 ball. It was gratifying nonetheless. I have bigger targets in my sights now haha...

JoeyA
05-04-2009, 09:59 AM

Those wins are the sweetest wins! Haven't had one of those in a while.
Congratulations! Wait a minute, there was this guy a couple of weeks ago that has been barking at me like a junk yard dog. He was asking for the same minor weight that he beat me at the last time we had played which had been about 6 months. I "charged" him. :D Thanks for the reminding me about that sweet victory.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Black-Balled
05-04-2009, 10:00 AM
There was a guy that told me I 'got the 7 for life' once.

Last time we played he got the 7+ the breaks, then 12-7 1p and I gave him $50 back to head on down the road.

Not the biggest score I've had, but up there, for best.

crawfish
05-04-2009, 10:01 AM
There was a guy that told me I 'got the 7 for life' once.

Last time we played he got the 7+ the breaks, then 12-7 1p and I gave him $50 back to head on down the road.

Not the biggest score I've had, but up there, for best.

Sweet. That's what I'm talkin' bout.

pooldawg8
05-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Theres a guy in our pool league that no matter what I do I can`t get past him no how.
That was acouple yrs back. But lately I have no problem shutting him down & shutting his big mouth to boot. If he loses now he blames the table, the balls, the sticks, everthing but himself. Its just cool as crap to smoke this guy every chance I get.
Jeff

FSutton
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I haven't been playing serious for too long but there is an old timer in a room down here that shoots really good and when i use to play him would only give spots that he knew he could beat me with. So I've stopped playing him but I want more than ANYTHING to beat him and after a few more years perhaps i'll bump into him again and he won't be ready he'll probably quit after 5 games loser.

TXsouthpaw
05-04-2009, 10:37 AM
I got a guy like that. He aint got no money though and hes into me for 40 already. He would woof it up everytime i saw him and strut around the table like he was willie mosconi. It is nice to shut down an A-hole like that every once in a while.

needless to say everytime he sees me he keeps his mouth shut now. It was well worth the 40$ airbarrel.

Sam Waltz
05-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I "toasted" my arch-enemy about 6 months ago giving him the 7-Ball. After 19 years of us killin' each other over and over with him getting the best of it for the most part. Situation: Race to 7...he gets off the bench twice to kick and 7 times to rack... yeah, suddenly something came up after that last 9-Ball fell and he amazingly had to go! Absolutely the best feelin' ever when you finally kick your demon's a$$! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Beware_of_Dawg
05-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah I have one, my nemisis. The ghost. He woofs in my head, all day everyday.

The Saw
05-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I've got one of those!!! His name??? Chris Bartram..... That MF'er has had a curse on me for 15 freakin years! I want to beat him but the thing I really want to do is three foul his dirty ass..... I have had him on two fouls alot of times but that MF'er will do something sick like kick four rails to get the hit! He's a very sick individual.

Black-Balled
05-04-2009, 11:16 AM
3 fouls on CB?! You ahve crosssed the line and are in dreamland, pal.

In this case...take 2wks off and then quit!;):grin::eek:

Apocalypse2017
05-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah I have one, my nemisis. The ghost. He woofs in my head, all day everyday.

yeah:angry:

I'm going to play the ghost tonight for a $1000.00. Lets see if he pays up;)

steev
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM

You might be able to find the ghost a backer...a lot of folks don't mind backing him, he's got a pretty good record.

-s

crawfish
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM

When you see him, tell him to bring me my $50.

Sam Waltz
05-04-2009, 12:01 PM

He's firin' ghost turds man, MAKE HIM POST! :thumbup:

paksat
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Which one lol?

I mean, it's been one dude after another as I move up. It seems like it's never going to end either so I don't even take it seriously anymore.

The best thing you can do to those types of characters is just laugh and smile 24/7 at and around the table.

They want to be SO serious so let them be serious while you have fan and watch the outcome.

Pushout
05-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I had one guy, an ex bookie, that I was giving the 8. I would miss the 7, 8, or 9 every time I played him. He hit me up every day 'til I stopped playing him and didn't play him for two years, I think. I walked in one day and he says "Ya wanna play?" I said "Let's go!". He ran to his locker for his cue. Played a race to 7. I missed the 8, first game. That was the only game he won and he didn't ask me to play again right up to the day he had a heart attack and died playing some kid 9 ball.
Guy was a pretty good friend of mine, too. Real sad when he died, he was one of those "characters" in the pool room. Just about everybody liked him.