PDA

View Full Version : League Players

bell
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
So we play on the barbox in some nasty conditions....tired of the waitress bumping your butt on the backstroke, tired of backstroking into the pole in the middle of the room or the wall that is too close to the table....tired of coming up dry on the break... here is the answer.

My "shooter" was in the shop and I had to play with my el cheapo J/J with a hard WB leather tip. (1) I made three balls on the break, (2) I had less deflection because of the 14mm conical shaft, (3) I broke down the cue when I encountered the post in the middle of the room and made the shot, (4) I was able to attempt a jump shot (and missed) and...if that cue was stolen...it was not the end of the world.

TX Poolnut
05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Travis, is that you?

poolplayer2093
05-04-2009, 04:55 PM
So we play on the barbox in some nasty conditions....tired of the waitress bumping your butt on the backstroke, tired of backstroking into the pole in the middle of the room or the wall that is too close to the table....tired of coming up dry on the break... here is the answer.

My "shooter" was in the shop and I had to play with my el cheapo J/J with a hard WB leather tip. (1) I made three balls on the break, (2) I had less deflection because of the 14mm conical shaft, (3) I broke down the cue when I encountered the post in the middle of the room and made the shot, (4) I was able to attempt a jump shot (and missed) and...if that cue was stolen...it was not the end of the world.

i played with a gilbert j/b when i played on a league. having a cue that gets shorter really comes in handy during bar table play

Drew
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't go to strip clubs to play pool...

trustyrusty
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM

that may well be the absolute worst advice I've seen posted on this site!! :eek:;)

DelaWho???
05-05-2009, 03:40 AM
The only league in town, APA, doesn't allow breaking down a jump cue. If you want to jump, use your playing cue full length...

:)

CocoboloCowboy
05-05-2009, 05:04 AM

Double Ditto.:thumbup:

Klink
05-05-2009, 05:19 AM
that may well be the absolute worst advice I've seen posted on this site!! :eek:;)

Tap Tap Tap

bell
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Dont know how ultra consertive politics jumped into this thread, Drew and Cowboy. Never mentioned strip club. Jump cue by definition is broken down and BCA cool.

Sorry I even posted.

Koopa
05-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Dont know how ultra consertive politics jumped into this thread, Drew and Cowboy. Never mentioned strip club. Jump cue by definition is broken down and BCA cool.

Sorry I even posted.

It has nothing to do with conservative politics. I go to strip clubs to enjoy the view and have a few drinks. I go to pool halls to play pool. Playing pool in a bar or strip club is a giant waste of time and energy.