PDA

View Full Version : Cash League Questions

railfirst
05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
So I play in an in house cash league 8 ball on monday nights.
My team just took first place for the third straight session and we got our money tonight. Is it right that we got only 11.6% of the total prize fund and didnt even make our league fees back? The league already has some f-ed up practices including the LD making up rules (we use BCA rules or whatever he feels the rules are without consulting the book), using the prize fund to buy trophies (ITS A CASH LEAGUE) and paying out to every team even though they advertise they only pay out to a certain number of places (I cannot recall the exact place they say they pay out to but it isnt 11!) In addition to all this players cannot even request a copy of the rules only the team captains can.
Am i right, along with the rest of my team to be fed up with this non sense especially the payouts?

Ben

randyg
05-05-2009, 05:08 AM
You always have the right to request information. You also have the right to find another league to play in. Sorry about your Director, sounds like a rookie....SPF=randyg

TheBook
05-05-2009, 05:11 AM
It looks as if the league is also following the BCA and APA rules for the pay outs. :crying:

A local bar league that I play in pays back $4.50 in prize money out of the $5.00 weekly fee if you play. Each player plays 3 games so if you win all 3 games you get $9.00 in prize money at the end of the season.

The rest goes for the 1st place trophies, banquet, and cash drawings for runouts, 8 on the break during the season at the banquet. The only money not going back is the small administrative expense so almost all of the money taken in goes back to the players.

CocoboloCowboy
05-05-2009, 05:16 AM
So I play in an in house cash league 8 ball on monday nights.
My team just took first place for the third straight session and we got our money tonight. Is it right that we got only 11.6% of the total prize fund and didnt even make our league fees back? The league already has some f-ed up practices including the LD making up rules (we use BCA rules or whatever he feels the rules are without consulting the book), using the prize fund to buy trophies (ITS A CASH LEAGUE) and paying out to every team even though they advertise they only pay out to a certain number of places (I cannot recall the exact place they say they pay out to but it isnt 11!) In addition to all this players cannot even request a copy of the rules only the team captains can.
Am i right, along with the rest of my team to be fed up with this non sense especially the payouts?

Ben

Sounds like you got, http://jokes4u.mycybernet.ca/screwed.jpg

Klink
05-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Maybe they paid out more places to get all of the other teams to come back for next session. Then again I think first place should at least cover all of your expenses.

desmocourtney
05-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Let your grievances be known however if you are playing in a league for the money you will never be happy.

In the league I play in BCPL, first place pretty much got their fees back and all teams were paid something. No trophies. The money just keeps it interesting I guess. The LO takes 35% off the top.

If you want more money you have to run the league in house and keep more of the fees and not give up the 35%. No free ride there.

If we could get the bar owner to maintain the tables and use better cloth I would be happy.

CocoboloCowboy
05-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Maybe they paid out more places to get all of the other teams to come back for next session. Then again I think first place should at least cover all of your expenses.

Think that is called winning, and loosing.

randyg
05-05-2009, 06:23 AM
It looks as if the league is also following the BCA and APA rules for the pay outs. :crying:

A local bar league that I play in pays back $4.50 in prize money out of the $5.00 weekly fee if you play. Each player plays 3 games so if you win all 3 games you get $9.00 in prize money at the end of the season.

The rest goes for the 1st place trophies, banquet, and cash drawings for runouts, 8 on the break during the season at the banquet. The only money not going back is the small administrative expense so almost all of the money taken in goes back to the players.

The BCA League does not have a payout schedule. Each League Director can form their own....SPF=randyg

railfirst
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Let your grievances be known however if you are playing in a league for the money you will never be happy.

Its a cash league what else would you play for? In the APA you play for a trip to vagas, in trophy leagues you play for trophies and in a cash league you play for the cash. At least pay enough back so the winning team gets all their money back.

Ben

railfirst
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
The BCA League does not have a payout schedule. Each League Director can form their own....SPF=randyg

Its not a BCAPL we just use BCA rules which are not always followed.

Ben

Bobby
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
If you didn't even get your league fees back then something is very wrong. you should ask exactly what the money breakdown is. My friend won a straight pool league season here in NYC years ago....first prize: a paid vacation in Paris!

pocketspeed
05-07-2009, 01:26 PM
If you didn't even get your league fees back then something is very wrong. you should ask exactly what the money breakdown is. My friend won a straight pool league season here in NYC years ago....first prize: a paid vacation in Paris!

wow a trip to paris! thats pretty cool. yeah we took 1st place again (threepete) and just got screwed over. there was almost $4000 dollars in the prize fund. we got back $450, split 5 ways. about $30 short of just covering league fees. man we know where the money went. the LO bought trophies (for the cash league!) for break and run. he paid down all 12 teams that played. the difference btwn 1st and 2nd was $50. i hope no one else replies to this thread b/c everytime i think about it i get pissed off all over again!

brian