PDA

View Full Version : Redline Tip made by Tiger

8Ball48043
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Just got a new 5280 pool cue. 5280 says the cue comes with a Redline Tip made by Tiger, but can find no reference to this tip anywhere.

Is this just one of the old Tiger tips renamed?

Thanks in advance.

pwd72s
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I know that some cue manufacturers (poison?) use a layered tip with the final layers dyed red...this gives an indication of when it's time to change the tip. Could 5280 have adapted to this tip?

CrownCityCorey
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Just got a new 5280 pool cue. 5280 says the cue comes with a Redline Tip made by Tiger, but can find no reference to this tip anywhere.

Is this just one of the old Tiger tips renamed?

Thanks in advance.

If the cue has the Red Layer tip on it, it is essentially the Everest by Tiger.

Formerly an exclusive to the 5280 cue line from CueStix Intl., today's Everest has been updated with the same Red Layer (replacement warning) technology.

CrownCityCorey
05-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I know that some cue manufacturers (poison?) use a layered tip with the final layers dyed red...this gives an indication of when it's time to change the tip. Could 5280 have adapted to this tip?

The Sarin Cue Tip (Poison) made by Tiger, is Blue and Burgundy in color.

8Ball48043
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM

Okay, You got it. There is a reddish colored layer mid-way down the tip. Thanks for the help.

The reason I was curious: I ALWAYS shoot with a Moori Medium. This tip spins a cue ball like I have never seen. It is ONE GREAT TIP.

Thanks all, for your help. Tiger Everest it is !!!!