PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Des Moines pool scene

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
So maybe itís time to let the old thread die, those of us who followed it know exactly what that thread is anywaysÖ.Whatís Up Iowa?!?

I wonít begin to chronicle the action as of late in full simply because there have been a lot of games and no way I can do the stories of each one justice in a short post. There has been quite a bit of action in town here in the good old Des Moines aka Dirty Money(drunk girl kept callin it Dirty Money and it was hilarious trust me). I personally havenít been playing in too many big sets, just casual $50-$100 stuff with guys Iíd play for free as long as they were drinking with me ;-). A buddy of mine here, who I have been backing has been playing really well(maybe a little over his actual level) and has won some pretty tough sets. He scares me to death while he is playing but he shoots straighter than Dirty Harry when heís on. Good dude.

Apparently lots(maybe 3 people) of folks enjoy reading some of my posts and it keeps them updated on the local pool scene especially as it gets warmer and people stop playing. Apparently golf and fishing are huge in town, they even have leagues. So there has been plenty going on recently most of people have stopped by the pool room to check out the good sets, hug the rail, and have something to talk about which is a cool thing. Another guy in town wants to video some of the good match ups and get them on you tube so look out for that, we have some footage from yesterday to show, Iíll post when it is uploaded. Maybe Big Dogs will have a stream by the end of this year, weíll see though.

So how do I personally feel after a couple full months. Not quite the same but still the same about most of the same people. I think Iíve made some pretty good friends so Iím thankful as always for that kind of thing. Yesterday was really draining and Iím dragging today. I backed a top player in town for $2k against another top player. My guy somehow was an underdog but I just couldnít see how that was possible. I was going to take some rail bets but it was all one sided totally against my player and I donít think I would have had enough cash on me to post up all the side action so I just decided it best not to do the rail. In the process of trying to get me to open the rail the guys failed to realize there was a millionaire two feet away from me that liked my guy, a younger fella who would have bet up to $1k and another guy that had $300. It was all focused and directed at me so in a way they missed out and getting that sweat they were looking for. Long story short the set goes totally backwards from what the line on the game is. My guy is one of the top bar table players around and couldnít get anything significant going and never lead any games on the barbox in either of the two sets. In fact one 7 ahead set was done 9-2 with my guy the loser. To the other guys credit he overpowered the table and made that Diamond look loooossseeee. Then on the big table where my guy is supposedly an underdog he wins two 7 ahead sets in a combined time of 2 and a half hours including winning 1 set 8-1 and not missing a ball. That was very strong. So whatís the verdict after the match? My guy is certainly not an underdog anymore(not that he ever truly was IMO). The set is over but it probably isnít settledÖ.outside of the first set it was a pretty sick match I think everyone there had a good time.

Of course after breaking even and putting my girl through about 7 hours in the pool room I think Iím headed home, but of course I get baited into more action. For me to get baited the pot has to be pretty sweet or Iíd just have soon called it a night. I was backing a guy for $1000 against another guy who was putting up $1500(yes 3-2 on the dough, but not really) and giving my guy 9-7 in a 5 ahead match of one hole. My guy plays good one pocket, not world beater but most people respect his game to an extent and the other guy is arguably the best one pocket player in town and definitely in the top 3 for sure. I still like my end since Iím getting spotted and odds on the money so after a lot of shit talking and arguing and a million texts we have action. The reason they put up $1500 is because the player going against me owed me $500 and I was freezing him out of action until the debt was paid but Iím sick enough to bet to win money that I was already owed. If you look at it from that perspective I was an idiot because if you owe $500 and you bet it and win, youre even but if you lose you only paid $500 hmmm Iím pretty sick sometimes so I rolled the dice. My guy wins the first set of 5 ahead 7-2 and we take off the cash and I think itís over because its after midnight and I told them before the set I was only putting one set up not two. Anyway Iím no thief so I literally take my guy outside that won(he wanted to quit) I tell him when or lose the next set Iíll give him some money and I get him to start playing again. The whole time people are saying crap like Iím a nit(youíre right nits put $4k worth of bets in action on a Monday), they say Iím happy to get lucky and finally win(only been on the losing side of 1 match and it was only a $700 hit), and several more BS things and they donít even realize Iím doing everything possible to keep the game going. The other guy ran his mouth so much to my guy that my guy didnít think the hassle was worth it anymore. Anyways we get back inside and I say ok same bet same game itís on again. Well they of course want to bet $1500 on the next set because theyíre stuck $1500 for the last 2 mins, I was stuck the $500 I was owed for 2 months so no way in hell I put that back in action with that dude. So we finally agree to play for $1000 and Iím a nit eventhough I agreed to back a game for the money a guy owes that wasnít double or nothing it was the same to nothing lol thatís the best deal in the world right. Imagine you lose money and then have to play again and if you win you only get paid what you are owed but if you lose the debt is washed lol. Anyways the next set is going back and forth, it ends with my guy up 1 game and we will continue it at around 4PM today. I fully expect my guy to take it off again, he doesnít have to win but heís got the game to get there if he plays right.

Hopefully I get home early enough to install my TV thatís been sitting in the box in my living room for 3 days because Iíve been living the pool hall. PEACEEE!

Richardson
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
heh. ;);););)

Richardson
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Btw, noone wanted to side bet on athens, pet said his money was in action already. (strange) and there was noone there whos young and worth a million who wanted to bet anything either. we asked everyone in the joint if they wanted to bet on athens, and heard the crickets.

and jason says anytime you wanna post up a big set (aka more than $500)on the barbox with your champion hes ready. Or better yet maybe athens would like to go ahead and jump in the box with jamie on the bar table.

Im sure you'll let me know later.

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Btw, noone wanted to side bet on athens, pet said his money was in action already. (strange) and there was noone there whos young and worth a million who wanted to bet anything either. we asked everyone in the joint if they wanted to bet on athens, and heard the crickets.

and jason says anytime you wanna post up a big set (aka more than $500)on the barbox with your champion hes ready. Or better yet maybe athens would like to go ahead and jump in the box with jamie on the bar table.

Im sure you'll let me know later.

Jake is pretty young and told me he would bet against anyone on Jason's side. The millionaire was the older fellow standing at the tablle behind you guys talking to Mike's wife. I wouldn't lie dude. No one came around Jake and I know that for a fact.

Athens has no interest in playing Jamie anything for obvious reasons and it has absolutely nothing to do with ability my friend because thats a pretty tight game too, but I like his side. I'm sure we can set something else up with Jason but all I wanna know is this. Up until yesterday they have never played more than $200/set. Now $500/set is too cheap and nitty right? That's not making good sense in my head. Anyways I don't want it to become Mike Vs. Your whole crew cuz it gets too personal and the same as I dont want a bunch of your money in my pocket I'd hope you dont want a bunch of mine, me and you are friends and I dont like the fact that I'm up on you as it is. We all need to take a step back and just chill out a couple days because last night you guys upset my girl which upsets me and so on.

See you at the pool room in like 2 and a half hours.

Richardson
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
game starts at 4, we will be there.

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
game starts at 4, we will be there.

I'll be in a little after 5...I told Phil just hit some balls and warm up and start when I'm on the way or I have someone on my side there to watch. If you start before I get there it'll be because Phil called me and I have someone watchin the game.

It's Phil's break too.

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Since we are posting online, I sent you a text. Bring Jason or Jamie, don't even matter...play 10 ahead for $1000 on whatever size table you guys want to play on. I wouldn't like the big table after yesterday either if I was in your camp, lol Mike about has the nuts there. You know what though I don't think he's ever going to play that bad on a bar table again which is why you can bet on any table you want. No negotiations either. The game is 10 ahead for $1000 at 5PM today. I'm not raising the bet, lowering the bet, posting up sets or nothing that's what it is.

This is all getting out of control, call me crazy but strangely I love the odds.

Richardson
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
sure thing.

Spimp13
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Big Dogs, tonight? My chica might have league out there...could be a good excuse to come out.

jingle
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Dang, sounds like the action is heating up....wish I could be there tonight. :sad:

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Come on out, I got Mike Athens Vs. Anybody in the house, Phil Vs. Jamie(Phil gets 9-7) playing 5 ahead 1-hole for $1000/set (Phil is up $1500 already), and Pet or Phil will be playin John Brown later in the night for $500/set.

Oh and I'm staking it all, because I'm a nit.

Spimp13
05-05-2009, 01:48 PM
See you there...

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
See you there...

OK Brother sounds good.

crawfish
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey Mikey, I'm gonna be out your way for an insurance seminar. Any way for an APA 3 to get a fair game? I'm looking for something like the seven and the break on Diamond barbox.

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
That's funny Craw, I know just the guy that's gonna give you that and he might even add another ball to it. You're in luck.

crawfish
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
That's funny Craw, I know just the guy that's gonna give you that and he might even add another ball to it. You're in luck.

I'll try really hard. I promise.

deadstroke7
05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Too good. Wish I were there...

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Short night, we won the one pocket match after 6 hours today which was a nice to win. Nothing else happened at all so I'm home early watching my man Hatch get down. I got in on another game that a buddy of mine should win playing one hole. Hmmm maybe it's time to figure out how to play some one hole?

The rumor mill may have killed some action for me which sucks but you know what it's tough action anyway and a smart man probably wouldnt bet on a game that close, now I won't have to for a while. Looks like I'm all done for a while. Maybe play a tourney tomorrow and have some fun. I'm out.

Richardson
05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Mike i see part of the confusion of the day. My sure thing was not a reposnse to the 3:12 post you made. I was agreeing phil was up 1 and breaking. Then i left the house. Now that part makes more sense.

Ill text you about justin/vic.

mikeyfrost
05-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh ok, all a big misunderstanding. You've never done me wrong or started any ish with me and I sure wouldn't do that to you. I didn't trash talk your buddy either. To be honest theres no telling how all the miscommunication really spiraled out of control today. It's all good though.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Up until yesterday they have never played more than $200/set. Now $500/set is too cheap and nitty right? That's not making good sense in my head.

I'll never understand this either...$200 is not enough, and then $500 is not enough...when it's all getting chopped 5 or 6 ways to begin with.

Spimp13
05-06-2009, 06:29 AM
I took a cheap $40 spot from Danny...maybe I should start playing one hole :)...Justin and Vic quit when they were dead even at 0. Justin wanted to keep playing as he was getting into stroke. Vic has a new job so understandable since it was about 1130ish. It might be the best thing though, since now the action is almost gauranteed there to continue or even up the bet.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 06:43 AM
I'll never understand this either...$200 is not enough, and then $500 is not enough...when it's all getting chopped 5 or 6 ways to begin with.

Amen to that. I figured that making a bet for 2.5x more than the previous high bet was a good bet. For a tough game like this, especially being held locally, $500/set is a damn good price on 9 Ball especially. Plus it's the kind of game you can play for a while over a long period of time. Anyway some stuff has went on, I'm sure Mike has probably talked to you already, so looks like that game won't ever happen again because of the rumor mill and a miscommunication.

Time to get to work on this team bet now, that could be really fun if executed right.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 06:48 AM
I took a cheap $40 spot from Danny...maybe I should start playing one hole :)...Justin and Vic quit when they were dead even at 0. Justin wanted to keep playing as he was getting into stroke. Vic has a new job so understandable since it was about 1130ish. It might be the best thing though, since now the action is almost gauranteed there to continue or even up the bet.

That's how I've been feeling watching so much 1-Hole is making me wanna learn to play it right. I got a horse in the stable that will show me some moves so it's cool. Poor Danny you went out and hustled him, kinda funny though. Yeah before I left Justin told me he was just seeing how much BS he can get away with before he got serious. Vic wouldnt have pulled up if he liked it. Jon M. will be there tonite again to back Vic, I'm sure so maybe I get some money in somewhere on that game again.

Spimp13
05-06-2009, 06:56 AM
That's how I've been feeling watching so much 1-Hole is making me wanna learn to play it right. I got a horse in the stable that will show me some moves so it's cool. Poor Danny you went out and hustled him, kinda funny though. Yeah before I left Justin told me he was just seeing how much BS he can get away with before he got serious. Vic wouldnt have pulled up if he liked it. Jon M. will be there tonite again to back Vic, I'm sure so maybe I get some money in somewhere on that game again.

Just found out the ETA on my stick will be by the end of the month if not sooner so maybe I can actually start playing again and get back into it. I really didn't want to play Danny since I was there to just hang out and watch the action, but when he asked me the second time I figured I could get a spot out of him. I did feel a bit bad when he didn't have the money on him and had to go to the ATM to get it but no worries. Let me know how the action ends up tonight, I am not sure I will make it out there.

Spimp13
05-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Amen to that. I figured that making a bet for 2.5x more than the previous high bet was a good bet. For a tough game like this, especially being held locally, $500/set is a damn good price on 9 Ball especially. Plus it's the kind of game you can play for a while over a long period of time. Anyway some stuff has went on, I'm sure Mike has probably talked to you already, so looks like that game won't ever happen again because of the rumor mill and a miscommunication.

Time to get to work on this team bet now, that could be really fun if executed right.

Let me know when the team bet is going down...definitely don't want to miss that if it is done right!

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Yeah action is probably going to be a little slow for a while but we sure will be trying. Athens is gonna come up tonite and as long as I am there that offer I made yesterday is going to stand. Theres a tourney tonite so maybe someone can be persuaded into betting a couple bucks. I'll be playing for a buck a game againt myself, and I'm shooting air.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Let me know when the team bet is going down...definitely don't want to miss that if it is done right!

Gotta talk to more people because I naturally have my 5 guys. 5 ahead sets all at the same time. No spots, no weight, just straight even up action. First to win 3 sets wins all the cash. Pick a guy for each game and find out who you play afterwards. Definitely would be pretty cool.

Preliminary I'm thinking 3/4 ahead 1-hole, 7 ahead big table 9 and 10 ball, 5 ahead bar box 8 ball, 7 ahead bar box 10 ball. All even up.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
5 ahead barbox 8 ball is WAY too short. That has a pretty good chance of being over in a matter of minutes.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 07:46 AM
5 ahead barbox 8 ball is WAY too short. That has a pretty good chance of being over in a matter of minutes.

All preliminary the hope is to be done in 3 or 4 hours to get 2 sets in on any given session. Yeah if people are breaking good you're right though that could be over in a hurry.

Richardson
05-06-2009, 07:59 AM
5 ahead 1pkt
7 ahead 9-ball on 9ft
race to 150 straight pool
8 ahead 8 ball on 7ft
10 ahead 10 ball on 7ft

You have Athens / mike b / somphet / phil / jody ? ? ? thats what ive heard anyhow. And what is your team willing to post up as a total purse ?

Also if anyone ever wants to find out who the best players in town are, they should match up something like this.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 08:08 AM
5 ahead 1pkt
7 ahead 9-ball on 9ft
8 ahead 8 ball on 7ft
10 ahead 10 ball on 7ft

You have Athens / mike b / somphet / phil / jody ? ? ? thats what ive heard anyhow. And what is your team willing to post up as a total purse ?

Also if anyone ever wants to find out who the best players in town are, they should match up something like this.

I'm thinking between $200-$300 a man so each match is worth about $1000-$1500. I haven't really heard of people doing it before and I can't anticipate the problems that could come up but it sounds easy enough to do.

Only one I can think of is if 4 sets finish and it's 2-2, do you back it up or not? stuff like that. I think going beyond $300/person to start with might be too steep. I do think it should all be even up because of the team concept. I also think my guys would play for less money to try it out. I'm thinking if we start it here in town before you know it other guys from other places would come and try it out.

I just like the idea of this better than the 25 game format race to 13. More fun to sweat. Plus out of 5 matches going on people not involved would be rail betting and people would really enjoy it.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Neat how my name gets committed before I have actually committed. Sounds like a pretty good idea if it ever goes off, but for me to play I would like to be in at least 50% stroke, and since I haven't even picked up a pool cue in almost two weeks...

I would be more than happy to play this format in the fall though.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Who plays straight pool in Des Moines?

And who would your five be Richardson?

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Neat how my name gets committed before I have actually committed. Sounds like a pretty good idea if it ever goes off, but for me to play I would like to be in at least 50% stroke, and since I haven't even picked up a pool cue in almost two weeks...

I would be more than happy to play this format in the fall though.

That was just an educated guess from Jason and I neither confirmed nor denied the statement. You told me how much stuff you have going on and planned as of late and that's cool with me. No pressure it's all still just an idea at this point. When it gets more serious we'll talk more.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
I completely understand...my comment was lighthearted...

I think it would be fun, actually I think it would be a blast, but for a big match like that I would want to be playing regularly so that I know I am giving my best effort. Especially in a team event like that, I wouldn't want to let my teammates down.

Who knows, maybe I'll try to find my cues in a couple weeks and start playing a little. I have to admit, all this new action has me thinking about it.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I completely understand...my comment was lighthearted...

I think it would be fun, actually I think it would be a blast, but for a big match like that I would want to be playing regularly so that I know I am giving my best effort. Especially in a team event like that, I wouldn't want to let my teammates down.

Who knows, maybe I'll try to find my cues in a couple weeks and start playing a little. I have to admit, all this new action has me thinking about it.

If they're too deep in the shed I can loan you a player haha. Action is always good!

Richardson
05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Who plays straight pool in Des Moines?

And who would your five be Richardson?

I think you are the only person who plays :)

I was just giving some idea for a match that makes sense. Why not have 5 guys playing 5 differant games ?

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I think you are the only person who plays :)

"Plays" would imply that I play the game regularly, which I don't. If I am going to gamble, I would prefer to play a game that I am familiar with...9 ball, 10 ball or one pocket.

So, who are your five? Jason C., Jamie F., Jon B., Wes, Vic? Justin maybe?

I think the most interesting part would be deciding who plays what game...what would the format be for that? There are so many different ways you could do it, and the outcome could be influenced a great deal by the individual matchups.

Richardson
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I dont think i said i have a *team*

center pocket
05-06-2009, 10:53 AM
mikey frost I really get a kick out of reading this thread and the old thread about Iowa. If I wasnt in the military I would love to get up there in the action. Maybe I could be a sub for one of your guys. I wish. Anyways keep posting about whats going on up there. My days at work have been much more enjoyable reading your posts.

Thanks

Richardson
05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I think the most interesting part would be deciding who plays what game...what would the format be for that? There are so many different ways you could do it, and the outcome could be influenced a great deal by the individual matchups.

You could do it like a team match.

Flip a coin, winning team either throws a player, or passes.
Then rotate turns for 2, 3, 4 and 5th players.

Have an idea of what order the games are going to be, and base your player order on that. So game one will be 8 ball on a bar table, whos team #1's player, then who is team #2's player. Game two will be 1pkt who is team #2's player, and who is team #1's player.

Although im sure if you said the games are gonna be like i said, then your team would already know whos playing what game.

Spimp13
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
"Plays" would imply that I play the game regularly, which I don't. If I am going to gamble, I would prefer to play a game that I am familiar with...9 ball, 10 ball or one pocket.

So, who are your five? Jason C., Jamie F., Jon B., Wes, Vic? Justin maybe?

I saw Rice the other day at lunch and chatted with him for a bit...not sure if he has been playing much at all but he would probably be a stronger fit then Vic and maybe Justin depending on the game.

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I dont think i said i have a *team*

I was under the impression that this "Team Match" was something that you and Mikey came up with. Do you know who the other five were going to be?

And as far as our lineup, it isn't really as straight forward as it seems. There are a number of different strategies that could be used. It would definitely be interesting.

The more I talk about it and think about it the more I am thinking about playing this summer...

Richardson
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Nah, this is something that frost came up with that i thought sounded fun. Thought id give my input to help make it something cool.

Richardson
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I saw Rice the other day at lunch and chatted with him for a bit...not sure if he has been playing much at all but he would probably be a stronger fit then Vic and maybe Justin depending on the game.

You think Geoff plays better then justin or victor ? Maybe i read that wrong.

Spimp13
05-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes you did...i asked if he has been playing much lately because depending on the game he is just as strong as either IMO assuming he is playing anything like he used to. (Depending on the game)

Mike B.
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Nah, this is something that frost came up with that i thought sounded fun. Thought id give my input to help make it something cool.

So, it's something that is probably not going to happen? I was under the impression that someone else had another 5 players lined up, or at least another 5 potential players...

Richardson
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
As far as i know there is no other 5 guys to play atm. Doesnt mean it couldnt change in the next week or so. Think frost is trying to stir up some interest.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
mikey frost I really get a kick out of reading this thread and the old thread about Iowa. If I wasnt in the military I would love to get up there in the action. Maybe I could be a sub for one of your guys. I wish. Anyways keep posting about whats going on up there. My days at work have been much more enjoyable reading your posts.

Thanks

Thanks brother, I'll keep posting as long as I think someone is reading :wink:

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
So, it's something that is probably not going to happen? I was under the impression that someone else had another 5 players lined up, or at least another 5 potential players...

Come on Bennett of course it will happen, right now is seed planting time, give it a couple days and let me work it. At this point it could literally happen because people just wanna see me lose and I'm OK with that. I'm building the DSM Mosconi Cup team and I'm the coach. I got skills kid.

mikeyfrost
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
As far as i know there is no other 5 guys to play atm. Doesnt mean it couldnt change in the next week or so. Think frost is trying to stir up some interest.

You're rootin tootin I'm stirring it up. I've figured out we have way more readers than posters in our threads. People will be talking soon enough. I'll give it a week before a proposition comes to me.

Richardson
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
You're rootin tootin I'm stirring it up.

Maybe ill start aswell. On second thought ill wait til tomorrow before i start :thumbup:

pooljunkie75
05-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Talk talk talk....now let's see some action!.....just helping stir! You guys have me more excited about Des Moines pool than I've been in awhile. I love it!

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Come on Bennett of course it will happen, right now is seed planting time, give it a couple days and let me work it. At this point it could literally happen because people just wanna see me lose and I'm OK with that. I'm building the DSM Mosconi Cup team and I'm the coach. I got skills kid.

Well, I have taken the last couple summers off and was planning on taking this one off...but I'm not sure how I can't participate in the first annual DSM Cup match...

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Come on mikey you got more gamble in you than anyone I have seen in a long time. Im sure you can get it going. Oh also if rookie still wants to play tell him I need the six and the breaks on a box and we will start with something cheap say 40 a set? :thumbup:

Spimp13
05-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Talk talk talk....now let's see some action!.....just helping stir! You guys have me more excited about Des Moines pool than I've been in awhile. I love it!

Bruce!! Sup buddy...long time no see. The action is definitely heating up!

Richardson
05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
. Oh also if rookie still wants to play tell him I need the six and the breaks on a box and we will start with something cheap say 40 a set? :thumbup:

My goodness, who needs that spot from ROOKIE ? ? ? ?

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 07:54 AM
I do and im not afraid to admit lol

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
My goodness, who needs that spot from ROOKIE ? ? ? ?

You beat me to it Richardson...I'm thinking some practice might be in order?

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 08:02 AM
So, is there anything lined up for tonight? I was thinking about stopping by if there is.

Spimp13
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Cowboy, your new AZ nickname is Tin Man...have a heart! J/K...I agree Mike practice is in order. We need to not forget to try to round up some cheerleaders/groupies for the DSM Cup :). Uh...probably going to have to search outside of Big Dogs though lol.

Richardson
05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
So, is there anything lined up for tonight? I was thinking about stopping by if there is.

I heard Jamie and Athens were supposed to play this 10 ahead for $1000 game that frost called him out on. Now i hear its not going to happen. No idea why atm, but ill find out.

Richardson
05-07-2009, 08:55 AM
A little birdy just told me he heard Jody saying jamie cant beat him in that 10 ahead game either. Funny all this talk and noone in the box with this kid who cant beat noone.
More info in an hour or 2.

deadstroke7
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Is this what a pool scene is supposed to look like?;)

Mikey sure has been getting things hopping lately.

Interested to see if the 10 ahead goes down. I would like to watch that.

:dance:

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Funny all this talk and noone in the box with this kid who cant beat noone.

I don't think there is any problem with either one of them getting in the box.

Richardson
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Alrighty jamie says the game is on with him and athens at 6:30 tonight.

Hope to see alot of you good people there.

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
What's up everybody? I'll give you an update on everything you guys need to know.

First of all the game with Athens and Fenton was cancelled last night because me and Jamie got into a nice argument in front of the entire pool hall exchanged lots of bad words and I was done with him. We did have a good hour long talk last night and agreed we both said somethings we shouldn't have(most of them were not related to pool). We are going to shake hands like men today and get this action going. Bottom line the bet isn't the most important thing it's about being the best.

With that said on the menu today is Athens Vs. Jamie, 10 ahead playing 9-Ball on a Diamond Barbox for $1000. It will be a good match to come out and see. Hopefully some of the people who like Athens in the match step up and rail bet with the Fenton supporters.

Regardless of outcome, I'm still trying to firm up a match with Jody and Fenton playing the same game as Athens and Fenton for tomorrow night. Jody worked pretty late so he's probably not awake yet. Anyway there was some woofing last night and Jody laughed til he cried, so I know he loves his end of a game with Jamie. All about coordinating it, and as usual I'll be funding it.

Last but not least...THE DSM CUP BATTLE ROYAL!!!

John Brown, Jamie, Jason Chance, and a couple guys I've never heard of are supposed to play. They have been talking about it too, and think our boys have no shot. 1-Hole is out as well....gonna be 8,9,10 ball on a barbox and 9,10 ball on the big table. I think I might even buy a trophy for this type of thing. It is going to happen most definitely and if my side wins guess what? John Brown is going to get his crew from North Dakota and play and we got no shot.

Craw are you listening? If he does that round up the crew and we're betting $2000/man if that happens.

This is local for now and it's gonna be great. Mike B. time to dig up the cues and as usual we have no shot to win. Go figure.

Hope I didnt leave anything out. Everyone who appreciate the updates and the action that's around you guys are partly why I still am gonna stay on the scene for a little while. I have been having to fade so much BS lately it's got me to where I don't even want to see Big Dogs. There are plenty of people on my side and if they had the spare cash they'd bet some of these guys into a coma. I'm not dissing anyone but the top dog remains to be seen. Some of the stuff is over but absolutely nothing is settled. It's time to settle it.

I have a feeling after this weekend is over, there will be nothing but crickets for a while.

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Is this what a pool scene is supposed to look like?;)

Mikey sure has been getting things hopping lately.

Interested to see if the 10 ahead goes down. I would like to watch that.

:dance:

Yeah man that's what pool should look like anyway. Come on out, I'll be the drug dealing black guy with dress pants and a button up shirt with my work badge swinging. Does that even make sense?

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Come on mikey you got more gamble in you than anyone I have seen in a long time. Im sure you can get it going. Oh also if rookie still wants to play tell him I need the six and the breaks on a box and we will start with something cheap say 40 a set? :thumbup:

First of all I've seen you bet more than that against tougher action. Just get the breaks and play him some and adjust from there. I think you are under rating your game. You can play with Rookie with a ball or a ball and the break. Then again dont listen to me, get as much out of him as you possibly can.

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Someone must be on lunch break? Thanks for the update Mikey. I will be there shortly before 6:30 tonight, cues in tow (if I can find them), and even though I've only played 5 times since Waterloo in March, I should be ready for action after a 30 minute or so warmup.

I would like to get a side bet in on Mike and Jamie's match, so hopefully they won't start before 6:30.

Who are the other two players for the team match?

Richardson
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Cheer up frost, you're getting all the action you can handle and you did ask for it ;)

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Someone must be on lunch break? Thanks for the update Mikey. I will be there shortly before 6:30 tonight, cues in tow (if I can find them), and even though I've only played 5 times since Waterloo in March, I should be ready for action after a 30 minute or so warmup.

I would like to get a side bet in on Mike and Jamie's match, so hopefully they won't start before 6:30.

Who are the other two players for the team match?

Someone named Randy and Mark, you would know better than I do.

You know I edited this post because I neglected to read that you said you only need 30 minutes to get in stroke, you're a silly man Mike

Richardson
05-07-2009, 10:22 AM
First of all I've seen you bet more than that against tougher action. Just get the breaks and play him some and adjust from there. I think you are under rating your game. You can play with Rookie with a ball or a ball and the break. Then again dont listen to me, get as much out of him as you possibly can.

Hell ya, ask for the 4 out and the breaks, all he can say is no and adjust from there :)

Richardson
05-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Someone named Randy and Mark, you would know better than I do.

The owners of big dogs is Randy and Mark.

Richardson
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM

Mike B. I'll bet you $50 on it, im pretty sure ill be there in time. But you and i know each other well enough that neither of us would need to be there.

Let me know sir.

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Cheer up frost, you're getting all the action you can handle and you did ask for it ;)

Oh it's not the action, it's all the other stuff you gotta fade in the process.

Sooo Mike B. will take a little rail action as he said in an earlier post, Pet wants $300 on the side with someone and a couple others who will be there said they will make some smaller $50-$100 range side bets as well. That's just good business.

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Richardson, $50 is a bet. The game is 10 ahead, 9 ball on a bar table, correct? If something changes from that I would like to know, and I'm sure the bet will still be on.

Mikey, Mark is from North Dakota and Randy is from Minnesota. I was under the impression that it would be all local players. We can talk about it later.

And as far as the 30 minutes is concerned...what is your definition of "in stroke?" :help:

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh it's not the action, it's all the other stuff you gotta fade in the process.

A lot of these guys don't follow one of my favorite sayings, "Let your pool playing do the talking."

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Ok I have to work tonight so that is a no go. I will be up there for the Friday nighter as of right now and I will bet with Rookie and see what happens. Maybe you are right Mikey maybe im just undermining my game a little. Thing is I made a mistake that night you seen me play Pet and was in way over my head IMO. Anyway I am going to make a few calls and try to get my travel partner in some action as well. What you think mikey?

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM
It should be fairly local players, certainly other states should be out, but who knows definitely something to talk about today(see how much closer it's actually getting to happening by the way). Anyways back to work, I'm at an Automation Conference and I have to present from 2-3PM so gots to roll. Later guys.

mikeyfrost
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok I have to work tonight so that is a no go. I will be up there for the Friday nighter as of right now and I will bet with Rookie and see what happens. Maybe you are right Mikey maybe im just undermining my game a little. Thing is I made a mistake that night you seen me play Pet and was in way over my head IMO. Anyway I am going to make a few calls and try to get my travel partner in some action as well. What you think mikey?

I think you should keep playing and play some lighter sets and go find Rookie since apparently you want him bad.

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I am out for the afternoon as well..."Diversity Training"...

I will be there at 6:30, and willing to bet more on the side if anyone else likes the tall kid.

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM
he rubbed on me last weekend so know I am rubbing back lol hes a good dude and its all in good fun

deadstroke7
05-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah man that's what pool should look like anyway. Come on out, I'll be the drug dealing black guy with dress pants and a button up shirt with my work badge swinging. Does that even make sense?

The Seed dealing black guy in dress pants right?? ;)

I got there Monday night late, but didn't get a chance to say hi before you left. Was sitting with Richardson and Pet towards the end of Phil/Jamie.

Probably won't get there tonight till after it all starts (and is maybe over). I would like to see this:thumbup: though.

gdog
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Bennett, I'll take the tall kid in this one for 100.00. I'll be up there around 6:00. DeCarlo

Richardson
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Gary, ill text mike b and tell him you want $100.

gdog
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks Jas.

SnapdaNine
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope the boys save a little for me tomarrow night....:D My son's got a baseball tourney this weekend in Des Moines so were coming up early. I'll be there to play in the 10-ball tournament, unless of course there's something better to do......first thing I have to do is get my $20 back from Pet..:thumbup:.., then the window will be open.

See you boy's tomarrow....Scott

pooljunkie75
05-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Put me down for $100 on the tall kid jason!

Richardson
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Put me down for $100 on the tall kid jason!

bruce ill see if i can get you $100 bet with someone aswell.

Spimp13
05-07-2009, 11:59 AM
What time is the match scheduled for? I think I might try to swing up as well.

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I hope the boys save a little for me tomarrow night....:D My son's got a baseball tourney this weekend in Des Moines so were coming up early. I'll be there to play in the 10-ball tournament, unless of course there's something better to do......first thing I have to do is get my $20 back from Pet..:thumbup:.., then the window will be open.

See you boy's tomarrow....Scott

Holy jeez da big man is in town!!!!! Hope I dont do as bad as I did in omaha scott. Can't wait to see you there!

jingle
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
You guys are killing me, I'm tied up going to see Kenny Chesney tonight. From the sounds of it, Big Dogs might be more fun!

pooljunkie75
05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
From what I'm hearing Matt 6:30ish...

Richardson
05-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Gary and Bruce, still no word from mike b.

Will keep trying to get something working for you.

My internet was down for 45 mins or so :(

Spimp13
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Mike mentioned earlier he was out for the afternoon for diversity training. J, what time you heading out there?

gdog
05-07-2009, 01:24 PM
ok jason, mike must need lots of diversity training. I'm going out and about now, will b up there around 6:00, or you can text me at 515 729-1789. Thanks

gdog
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
sorry, that's 515 729-1780

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, I did need lots of diversity training thanks to Mr. Culver. I will be at Big Dogs at about 6:30...I will talk to Bruce and Gary there.

Richardson
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I hope to be there around 6 also

Mike B.
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Well Mikey Frost, I'll have to hand it to ya, you have created the action you wanted in Des Moines. Sure we have had action in the past, but usually with players from out of town, etc.

Hopefully this is just the beginning...

Richardson
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Or it will die out in a week.

SnapdaNine
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Just talked to Mike B. Fenton is up 2 after 2hrs.

ykndoit
05-07-2009, 08:56 PM
fenton up to 8 back to 5 up to 8 back to 6.

I got a dime says fenton blows up before its over!

Richardson
05-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I got a dime says fenton blows up before its over!

^^You went broke.^^

I think tonight's performance ought to end a few arguements.

More details tomorrow.

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Well folks it's all over for the night. Gotta hand it to Jamie, it's not only the best I've seen him play on the barbox...considering it was over the course of 8 hours it might be one of the best overall bar box performances I have seen. Mike Athens played really well and no one is gonna say he dogged it in the slightest bit. Lots of table runs tonite by both players. Just a really well played 2 sets. I'm pretty happy I got to be there and played a role in this match up. Everyone will remember the titans so to speak.

It was good to see everyone come out. I finally get to taste some good defeat out here, it's real sour though. I just hope we can do something again soon. Mike B., Pet, John M. thanks a lot from myself and Athens for all the support we definitely appreciate it. To the 4 people in it with Jamie congrats on the score, it's well deserved tonite for sure.

Can't wait to do it again on the little table or you might take up that offer of getting the 8 ball on the big table next time. Ahh it was fun, it was a free roll for me cuz I didnt have to bet a dime of money I worked for. Good times as always.

Most positive thing of the night was all the friendships found throughout all of this. It's good shit.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 01:31 AM
^^You went broke.^^

I think tonight's performance ought to end a few arguements.

More details tomorrow.

Tell me about it, Jamie played like an animal!

pooljunkie75
05-08-2009, 03:50 AM
He is certainly a force to be reckoned with when his head is straight. I had a good time, but unfortunately had to leave early. At the time you guys were posting results, I was getting ready for work....I know...it sucks.

Spimp13
05-08-2009, 06:22 AM
It was definitely a good match to watch and be a part of. Sometimes people forget how hard it is to keep your head straight and intensity up for that period of time (4 hours). I was also glad to see for the most part that there was no arguing or *****ing at each other during the match, just intense pool shooting. I look forward to the next match up...

deadstroke7
05-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Love to see it on the big track. Gotta like the action going down.

Is Jody up tonight? Who's Scott going to play?? May have to try and come back.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Dont think Jody / Jamie is gonna happen.

Jody wants to play a race because of time/work. Jamie wont play a race because short races for big money = suck.

I guess we will see if they wanna put Athens in the box again. After Athens has lost 4 (without winnning one) sets in the last week to JasonC and Jamie on the bar box im guessing they are gonna pull up in that game.

*** Last night ***
Both played well for the most part. Both got their share of rolls, Jamie got one while up 8 the second set where he cut the 1 in and kissed off a ball and knocked the 9 in the corner that i think some people will remember for a long while. The second set Athens won the first game, then never was ahead the rest of the set. Thats tough to play where you are always thinking about being down.

I think there was even ammounts bet on the side that there was in the match. (pretty cool if you ask me)

Athens and Jamie both showed some emotion but both actually handled themselves very well. No fighting, no problems. Athens was nice enough to start checking Jamies rack over and over (rack your own). Ironically Jamie made a ball on every break after this started happening. (sometimes 2-3) I was happy.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Ahh it was fun, it was a free roll for me cuz I didnt have to bet a dime of money I worked for.

Free roll is over, lets see if that gamble stays alive :thumbup:

I tried to tell you playing $1000 sets isnt the same as playing a $15 tournament.

I personally dont care if i bet another dime ( i know i will ) this has been some of the best action there has ever been in DSM. This has made pool exciting again. We should all buy you a few drinks some night huh ?

chefjeff
05-08-2009, 07:42 AM
You guys are killing me, I'm tied up going to see Kenny Chesney tonight. From the sounds of it, Big Dogs might be more fun!

I almost got sucked into going to James Taylor...my wife's friend took my ticket.....whew! They said it was awesome, btw. I had enough of that sound in the 70s.

Damn guys, I feel way out the loop...I used to know all the action in town but now?...cripes.

This summer might get me to the hall more and I might catch up some. Not tonight, though, Michaels in Beaverdale is closing in a few days and that's our Friday night date spot so we're going for the last time.:(

Jeff Livingston

Spimp13
05-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Dont think Jody / Jamie is gonna happen.

Jody wants to play a race because of time/work. Jamie wont play a race because short races for big money = suck.

I guess we will see if they wanna put Athens in the box again. After Athens has lost 4 (without winnning one) sets in the last week to JasonC and Jamie on the bar box im guessing they are gonna pull up in that game.

*** Last night ***
Both played well for the most part. Both got their share of rolls, Jamie got one while up 8 the second set where he cut the 1 in and kissed off a ball and knocked the 9 in the corner that i think some people will remember for a long while. The second set Athens won the first game, then never was ahead the rest of the set. Thats tough to play where you are always thinking about being down.

I think there was even ammounts bet on the side that there was in the match. (pretty cool if you ask me)

Athens and Jamie both showed some emotion but both actually handled themselves very well. No fighting, no problems. Athens was nice enough to start checking Jamies rack over and over (rack your own). Ironically Jamie made a ball on every break after this started happening. (sometimes 2-3) I was happy.

So they actually did do a second set last night? I left shortly after 11 when that was in discussion.

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Hmmm Jamie wins 1 session in 2 months that I've been involved in and he gets to be back on his perch? I don't think so by any means, he beat Mike. He's busted most of his friends and fired off thousands on bad games getting staked. How quickly we forget? When I posted last night I just wanted to congratulate the guys for stepping up to play a really tough match and for playing great pool for 8 hours. I didnt like checking the board to see a bunch of passive aggressive trash talk. Athens will be back in the box no doubt. Yeah he lost to Jason and Jamie on the barbox but he aint lost a set yet on the big table. Weird how we don't mention that part. End of the day all this is gonna do is get Mike back playing again seriously. It'll be hard to find a game then though. Mike isn't making any excuses or even talking about some of the balls he pissed in. The guy is so bulletproof he wouldn't take the 8 and get on a big table last night. On a table where you can play bad and still win doesn't say leaps and bounds about anything. Come on Mike pockets balls clean, Jamie makes shots but they sure keep you on the edge of your seat.

Hmm would you guys come back tonite and bet something on the big table probably not cuz we all know he doesn't shoot as straight as these last few posts are making it sound. Fact is he out broke Mike(probably would have out broke Nevel last night). He made 2-3 balls a ton of the time and even made 4 once or twice. At their level even if you dog it you end up getting out breaking like that.

As far as not playing Jody...we can play a 100/game for the 3 hours Jody can play today. What's not fair about that? You know what it is, it's called I finally have made a little money on a session and I don't want to risk any of it. It's cool with me either way honestly.

Hell yeah I should get some drinks for free I think I deserve them. I texted Jamie to come play some 100/game today for a few hours, we'll see what he says. He can get played on the big table anytime the thought even crosses his mind. We took a loss but aren't defeated yet especially if you look at the win-loss columns for my guys. In the cash part we're also still up.

You know everyone has the right to an opinion so if others can say theres outloud, I'm sure gonna voice mine too.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 08:32 AM
So they actually did do a second set last night? I left shortly after 11 when that was in discussion.

Yes, second was same bet, with maybe more bet on the rail.

SnapdaNine
05-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Man I love this game....:happydance:.....see you all tonight!

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Man I love this game....:happydance:.....see you all tonight!

LOL, all I can tell you is expect the unexpected.

Everyone wants to know who you are trying to get a game with?

Richardson
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Hmmm Jamie wins 1 session in 2 months that I've been involved in and he gets to be back on his perch? .

of course he did FINALLY get to play EVEN on a barbox.

And i know you didnt stake the best player in town and then come with the hes not in stroke line right ? I mean you wouldnt really put a guy in the box for $1000 and ask people to side bet on him thinking hes not 100%

Much love frost, yes you're still into me for the $ $ $

Richardson
05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Hmm would you guys come back tonite and bet something on the big table probably not cuz we all know he doesn't shoot as straight as these last few posts are making it sound. .

I think the game right now is $1000 - 10 ahead sets on the barbox til you pull up.

Scott will match up with anyone im pretty sure. I know he'd love to play some barbox 8 ball.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Frost i like the fact that you can dish it and take it aswell.

Just remember you and me are still buddies :)

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
of course he did FINALLY get to play EVEN on a barbox.

And i know you didnt stake the best player in town and then come with the hes not in stroke line right ? I mean you wouldnt really put a guy in the box for $1000 and ask people to side bet on him thinking hes not 100%

Much love frost, yes you're still into me for the $ $ $

Much love back at ya. He did get to play even you are right. It's not looking like him and jody are gonna play for a 100/game today. Jody is ready to play, but Jamie can't be found. I think Mike was a 100%. John M, Pet, and Mike B. all volunteered and made their own bets I didnt have to ask or persuade anyone to do anything. The only side bet I tried to make got rejected which is fine, it actually saved me money.

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Frost i like the fact that you can dish it and take it aswell.

Just remember you and me are still buddies :)

It's like the Facts of Life theme song...wait did I just show my horrible choice in TV shows when I was young?

Take the good, You take the bad, and there you have The Facts of Life haha. I'm gonna sing that all night at the pool hall.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Just got off the phone with Jamie, hes ready to play right now. I think Big Dogs will open at 1 if i want. But it might be 2. Let me know if you still wanna do this and ill find out a time.

T-dog
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Bennett, I'll take the tall kid in this one for 100.00. I'll be up there around 6:00. DeCarlo

Cant you come up with a better screen name Gary, I been here foreva.

jk,

Troy

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
If we can get it open at 1 that's a little better. Looks like a set is running about 4 hrs anyway but we'll just do 100/game so it prorates whereever we are at. I like that better anyways.

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Cant you come up with a better screen name Gary, I been here foreva.

jk,

Troy

Honeycutt!!!!!

Richardson
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
$100 a game is fine But yes, 4 hours seems enough to play the 10 ahead. and i can have it open at 1pm just have to tell jon in the next 10 mins or so.

ykndoit
05-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I got $100 on Jody if he plays w/ that cue that had a chunk missing out of the tip!

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
See ya at big dogs.

gdog
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
just wanna be like you when i grow up troy

pooljunkie75
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Can't we all just get along.....

Richardson
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM
A long cant we just get ?

pooljunkie75
05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
You are my Yoda...

mikeyfrost
05-08-2009, 11:01 AM
its on in a half hour...jamie is running the gauntlet this week. if he gets out in one piece the dude deserves it.

deadstroke7
05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Man, I wish I had nothing to do today so I could come watch...

Keep us posted...

pooljunkie75
05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Tell me about it! It sucks having a job....not!

Richardson
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Game switched to 10 ahead for $1000

Jody ended up not having to leave.

At 5 pm Jamie was up 6 and breaking and i left to do some stuff. Will try to let you all know later.

Richardson
05-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Jamie won at 6:30ish. Frost says jamie has moved up to the 3rd best player in town now ;)

Im thinking action might be off for the ahead sets. Frost said he dont like it. :eek:

Justin and Frost got talking about a 1pkt team match. VNEA ball count style.(maybe games won style) 4-5 man team. JasonC / Jamie / Justin / Me and if we need a 5th we would take Kampas. Against his stable. This would have to take place on Sunday before the 9 ball tourney. Jamie is leaving monday for Burlington unless frost is gonna put athens or jody in the box for the 10 ahead 1k game again. Pretty sure we would bet $100-200 a man.

I think thats all i got for now.

gn all :thumbup:

mikeyfrost
05-09-2009, 02:54 AM
OK just got home and I am slam tore the hell up drunk. I literally was rocking a blanket in Big Dogs for the last two hours I was there. Whooped up on Campus with the jump stick playing for fun. Finally everyone and their mother bought me free drinks, I appreciate those a lot. The booze eased the pain. Onto the DSM Action Report.

The match between Jody and Jamie was another booked loser. Jamie broke like Hercules' lil cousin Ray Ray-ules. I mean the guy made 5 balls on break twice...I'm taking his break on Table 19 over Nevel. Speaking of that does anyone know if table 19 is for sale? I just wanna hit it with a damn sledgehammer until it breaks. Jody had Jamie behind for an hour or so but after that he had a hard time stringing racks together. I think the tables getting moist definitely hurt both players because those already goofy rails turned into a damn carnival. I want animal crackers. Oh hell moral of the story is Jamie ran the gauntlet and came out ahead.

Now, many people are aware of the big blowup between Jamie and myself. In this blow up he promised to literally shove his stick up his ass and quit pool if my two guys beat him, in return my guys were supposed to sign his stick. Clearly no one signed anything sooo he wrote #1 on the points leader board and I initialed it to be a good sport. I had to swallow some pride todayand damnit I hate it. Today there was no anamosity or bad words in the pool room we live King's dream out, of course I'm talking about Rodney King.

I don't know what the next match is doing to be I do know every match I lost, I still like my guys to win especially any rematches. When I get the go word, we're gonna go huntin.I had someone ask me a silly question and I thought they were being an ass at first until they waited for an answer and were really waiting to hear my thoughts. They asked, how the hell does anybody get 30 ahead in 12 hours of play on a barbox? Well when I figure that one out I'll be sure to post the answer.

Jamie is playing the best in town on a barbox...the next match I personally wanna see is Chance Vs. Fenton doing a 10 ahead. Holy shit I'd back Jamie or Jason, nah I'm lying I couldnt do it even if I wanted to although we did have some good laughs. Somebody book this shit please.

Athens is still my damn favorite player out here, he just plays the game the way it's supposed to be played minus his safety game. He breaks well, plays great shape, pockets balls about as clean as Earl. By the way did I mention I hate table 19.

We took some additional losses today that were amazing. Point is I;m great and sleepy. Later

Richardson
05-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Im curious do people not from iowa read this ? ? ? ? ?

Anyhow im awake now and sober, had a little to drink last night. Did some woofin, and amazingly got offered the 5 ball by my friend Somphet. Frost quickly said ummmm ........... no thanks. lol :)

What i was thinking was and what i offered was somehow to match up 2 people against 2 of frost's stable and play where one side has to win both sets to win the dough. --- just and idea. This week has been one of the best ever for me with pool.

Got a little league tournament today, will play that and head to the pool hall later.

lady9ball
05-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Im curious do people not from iowa read this ? ? ? ? ?

I can't answer that but I can tell you that people FROM Iowa are enjoying the sh!t out of it! Keep it comin'!

mikeyfrost
05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Just got a phone call, I'm sure they will be circulating around throughout the day. Jamie's got more action this weekend. I won't be involved in it but it's a tough game that I know Jamie likes. Fatigue might be an issue, I mean no one can play 10-12 hours a day for a week straight and it not catch up to u any.

Oh lord as far as Pet goes believe it or not Jason I wish to god he woulda given you the 5 ball now. I dont think he could win but I do think you wouldnt have charged him more than a 100 bucks. Unlike the guy that he gave the 6 and charged him $650 I somehow forgot to add that in. It's like all my losers are catchin up to me on the same damn day. It's insane. Just a bad run, we all experience that. Sometimes you are sitting on top of the world and then you're just down and gotta pick yourself up.

I'm new to this state but people are looking to come to DSM area now for some good action. Jamie has a bulls eye on him but I think he lives for the action. Any guy that is associated with me has a target and thats cool too. Whatever we can do to help out the area is a good thing.

I still think I am in a state of shock.

ballndaside
05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
what time this weekend

T-dog
05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I will be up at bigdogs later today.

mikeyfrost
05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
what time this weekend

Pet is this your first post champ. You gotta hit the quote button so ppl know which message u are responding too. If not hit the quick reply if u just wanna chime in.

mikeyfrost
05-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Well we all know the game but who are the players. The game as usual, and might become the standard for bar table 9 ball is simple. 10 ahead barbox 9 ball rack your own. Now onto the players.

Tonite we got newly top ranked(formerly Frosty rank of 4th now up to 1st) Jamie Fenton from the local DSM area Versus Quad City giant Josh Johnson. They are playing even up no weight just play. Play starts at 9 PM and I'm thinking by about 1 AM the coin will be flipping again.

Some may be wondering but I have nothing to do with this match. Not backing anyone. I'm going to place a small sweat bet with someone there and I just might have to take the big fella on this one. Judging by what a lot of folks have been telling me there is no better place to play right now than Des Moines in the state. Everyone is betting it up and finally all the good players are clashing.

As usual come on out if you can. I'll be workin it. Later.

Richardson
05-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Sweat bet on Jamie ?

switching over now ? :)

pooljunkie75
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
OMG ...There is hope for you Frost!! Be careful though, once the dark side gets ahold of you it's hard to shake it....:eek:

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Sweat bet on Jamie ?

switching over now ? :)

You know what's up now!

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Soooo tonite the first ball was hit around 9:30 and the last ball was hit about 11:30. The game was 10 ahead 9 ball between Jamie Fenton and Josh Johnson. They played even up. Let's just say Josh might have to walk with a limp for a few days. He got crushed. Some may even question whether he dumped or not. I'm not saying he did but I gotta say I coulda played tonite and lasted longer than 2 hours in the box. I'm 8 and a half balls under them. :wink:

Moral of the story is this, the Big Fella can go. I'm gonna say something and I love everybody involved but this is a damn fact right here. If i were to bet someone last week that Jamie Fenton could beat Mike Athens(20 games ahead), Jody McLaughlin(10 games ahead), and Josh Johnson(10 games ahead), thats a total of 40 games ahead if you cant add, playing dead even in under 14 hours my PM box would have flooded with bets. he got 40 games ahead of some of the toughest action in the state. I'm gonna tell you something thats an incredible feat.

I bet against the Big Fella too much and now I think he has finally proven he's not a joke. I'm gonna do something that I usually don't do and start woofing(lol). As far as the state goes The Sleeve seems to be the next logical game. No I'm not forgetting Jon Kucharo and Chad Vilmont although they can get played if they make the game right for sure.

I havent even talked to Jamie yet but I'll bet the cash my damn self. Someone get a hold of Adam Behnke and tell him he can get two 10 ahead sets posted in Des Moines. That's the deal.

Jamie is sittin on a heater right now and it's gonna be hard to beat the kid. That's the straight up deal. Hell I'm sure a worthy opponent that makes the game right can get at least $5k in action against him when they want some. I've seen enough to know that right now he's as focused as I've seen any player in a good long time. It's great to see that kind of fire. I like my boys still all the way and none of them played bad at all and they still lost. Every single guy that stepped up played great and I'm proud and respect their efforts. Right now though Jamie is the toughest MF'er too touch. Super sick at the moment.

That's all I got right now, bowling was a blast tonite, It helps ease the pain. Until next time,get your game up.

Mikeyyyyy Frizzosssttt aka the Biggest Boss(I stole that)

ykndoit
05-10-2009, 06:37 AM
is all the " ahead sets" winner breaks? asuming so,just curious how jamie would fair if it was alternate breaks.

with someone on a heater like he is, seems like a variable for athens or jody to consider.

I personally like both better than jamie in that scenario(tbo I liked both better w/ winner breaks).

as for future matches, Dustin G. not reading this? Figured he would ride money train to dsm to get in the box w/ Jamie.

Richardson
05-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Its winner breaks, and Jamie wouldnt want to play alt break.(infact noone would) Adam would be fun to watch. Dustin might wanna come play, him and jamie are pretty good friends.

Josh played like crap but he has the last few times hes been here on sundays too. That other thing you said is kind of low, you trying to start some nasty rumors there ?

Its toobad your guys backed out on the 1pkt challenge, would have been fun. I guess next is the 5 on 5 challenge if you can get them up to play that.

It was a fun week, i said on friday that if Jamie beat Jody all the good/big action would be over, if the top 2 players in town cant beat Jamie for the $ $ $ then its time to pull up. Kind of sucks, this week was super fun to be involved with and watch.

*** For anyone who wants a laugh. Jamie said he wouldnt move to Burlington if FROST would post up 2 sets(10 ahead,1k) a week with Athens or Jody. Frost chuckled looked him in the eye and said. Hell No. ***

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 09:15 AM
ive known jaime for a while this is the best that ive seen him play i have to give props to him yeah 3 years ago josh would have beaten jaime but now theres no way josh could beat jaime right now (when hes not drinkin) i rank him up there with a vilmont or barracks.
Whats this i hear a 5 man team match up what 5?Only players from desmones?whats the bet? If jaime moves to burlington is he allowed to play?

Richardson
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
ive known jaime for a while this is the best that ive seen him play i have to give props to him yeah 3 years ago josh would have beaten jaime but now theres no way josh could beat jaime right now (when hes not drinkin) i rank him up there with a vilmont or barracks.
Whats this i hear a 5 man team match up what 5?Only players from desmones?whats the bet? If jaime moves to burlington is he allowed to play?

Whos is ballndaside?

I dont think Jamie would want to play Chad V.

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 10:16 AM
ballndaside is Pet. I have a hangover today.

deadstroke7
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Gotta love the action as of late. Sunday tourament going to have some action or is everyone wore out?

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 11:58 AM
ballndaside is Pet. I have a hangover today.

stop drinking dumbass

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Gotta love the action as of late. Sunday tourament going to have some action or is everyone wore out?

i think everyone is worn out, i know im worn out

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Whos is ballndaside?

I dont think Jamie would want to play Chad V.

why not i think he would do pretty good

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 12:08 PM
for you people that dont know me ballndaside is somphet aka pet, chungli, wang chung, chung wang, lee wang

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 12:11 PM
is all the " ahead sets" winner breaks? asuming so,just curious how jamie would fair if it was alternate breaks.

with someone on a heater like he is, seems like a variable for athens or jody to consider.

I personally like both better than jamie in that scenario(tbo I liked both better w/ winner breaks).

as for future matches, Dustin G. not reading this? Figured he would ride money train to dsm to get in the box w/ Jamie.
no such thing as alternate break when your gambling your insane if u agree to that

ykndoit
05-10-2009, 12:15 PM
for you people that dont know me ballndaside is somphet aka pet, chungli, wang chung, chung wang, lee wang

and mini yao?

ykndoit
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
why not alternate break? If you need an equalizer to get a better match, why not?

Maybe if I'm the one on the heater, then I would agree. But if I'm on the other side and trying to get a game, that might be the answer.

deadstroke7
05-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Would alternating break just nutralize the break and run for Packs? Sounded like Jody broke the balls like Hercules and still didn't make it work.

Break is more important than people realize, IMO.

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I think everyone is at the realization of Jamie being top dog playing barbox 9 ball right now.If anyone disagrees pony up and play, I sure did. Time to move onto the next thing. Dont know what that is quite yet and I dont like to bet just for the sake of betting. Sooo we can figure something out. I only have one buddy who likes the barbox and Jamie probably is going to need to give up a little something to get me to put him in the box for a 10 ahead.

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Jamie is a hell of a player but he wants nothing to do with villmont,barracks or bowman just my opinion.

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Jamie is a hell of a player but he wants nothing to do with villmont,barracks or bowman just my opinion.

You do realize you named a couple Illinois guys in there. He probably needs a little spot from those guys but I mean you are talking a different class of player. I think the next logical match is with Adam Behnke. Just my opinion. I dont think Jamie would back down from a match with anyone either.

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 01:01 PM
You do realize you named a couple Illinois guys in there. He probably needs a little spot from those guys but I mean you are talking a different class of player. I think the next logical match is with Adam Behnke. Just my opinion. I dont think Jamie would back down from a match with anyone either.

Adam is a good player but not in Jamies class and villmont is from Iowa.

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Adam is a good player but not in Jamies class and villmont is from Iowa.

I know Chad is from here that's why I said couple instead of few. I dont really know who the next matchup should or could be for now. If anyone has any suggestions we'd be glad to hear them.

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I heard Hargins wanted to play what happend there?

Richardson
05-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Scott only wanted to play 8ball on a valley table.

Barracks dont gamble, so no point in talking about him.

Chad V is too good. Jesse is too good.

Adam has a chance but imho Jamie is the favorite.

And Jamie isnt gonna give pet the 6 just like pet is not gonna give me the 5. Plus tomorrow Jamie is out of here.

ballndaside
05-10-2009, 01:22 PM

And Jamie isnt gonna give pet the 6 just like pet is not gonna give me the 5. Plus tomorrow Jamie is out of here.

how about the 6?

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Barracks will gamble if fenton wants to play.

Richardson
05-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Barracks will gamble if fenton wants to play.

Really ?

Pet ill talk to your backer.

btw: who is Mrschon9 ???

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Really ?

Pet ill talk to your backer.

btw: who is Mrschon9 ???

Ron O'Meara

Richardson
05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Ron O'Meara

Whats up sexy ;) ;) ;)

Missed you at state this year.

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I take one nap and things go left. Scott would have done more than 8 ball the fact of the matter was it was damp and those diamonds played like circus tables. He doesn't have diamonds so the adjustment was pretty tough for him. Scott in no way shape or form was dodging a game he just didnt want to play on tables he couldnt get down.

Are you sure Jamie Barracks will gamble? I asked him about making a game when I met him and I believe his exact words were pool isnt about that for me or something that led me to believe he's more of a purist and tournament player. He hits them well enough to come play but once again he's there with Chad and Jesse so maybe they play a little over his head to be an even game. Of course I kinda thought Josh was a ball better than Jamie and it only took two hours for me to think Josh may need weight.

I have no plans on going to the pool hall tonite but im sure ill end up there...weird how tht works.

MrSchon9
05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Whats up sexy ;) ;) ;)

Missed you at state this year.

Not much kind of took a year long brake from the game to be with my kid.

SnapdaNine
05-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Not much kind of took a year long brake from the game to be with my kid.

Has it been a year already??? Time sure flies when you're having fun...:thumbup:

mikeyfrost
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Has it been a year already??? Time sure flies when you're having fun...:thumbup:

Hey Scott good to finally have met you. I wish we could have worked something out though. Coulda been fun.

Richardson
05-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Ok, pet is gonna give me the 6, 10 ahead for 1k.

Looking like Wed will be our day. 2pm if it works out.

Tomorrow is lawn care day for me, looking pretty bad after this last week ;(

Spimp13
05-11-2009, 05:16 AM
You guys can't start later for us damn 8-5ers? :(

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Great Koogaly-Moogaly. :shocked2: Looking forward to the outcome, cause I just can't figure this in my head. I'd give my opinion on who has the best, but I picked the wrong horse the last three times out of the gate. I need a program and a seeing eye dog ....:embarrassed2:

On an aside, wouldn't it be nice if the sports page had like a 5 inch column in the stats area about the area pool scene. IE - Jamie won 10 ahead against Josh in 2:30, playing like he's on fire. stuff like that. Would make me read the sports section a little more.... I just don't care which pitcher worked 2 1/4 and gave up 8 runs.:rotflmao:

FWIW:thumbup:

You guys play till 9 or 10 pm and I might be able to watch some...

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 06:13 AM
Yeah looks like this game is about booked for Pet Vs. Jason. I'll be staking Pet in this game. I just want to see a match go for a little while. I might not even take off of work early. If they both play normal this one could go on for a while. If someone comes out playing really well it could be over fast. I'm gonna say the longer game favors Pet and a shorter game Jason is going to win. This has been a match in the making since Saturday. As of late, I've been a little off in my prediction skills, might be in your best interest to take what I'm doing and bet the other way.

pooljunkie75
05-11-2009, 06:23 AM
I think if Jason comes out firing, Pet is gonna get robbed!.....

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 06:31 AM
My initial reaction, but Pet has been playing Jam up lately. I dunno. As i said, I can't get my head around it. The six is pretty good weight, isn't it? Still, Winner breaks, Pet controls the table more, it can be negated pretty well too. I can see it going several ways. I just wish I could watch. Maybe they'll play 10 hours.

Richardson
05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
If we play 10 hours ill get robbed. I dont have the stamina those guys do.
Im gonna bring some 5 hour energy though.

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 06:44 AM

You know what with the ass backward nature of some of these matches lately I'm thinking if it goes past 4 hours and it's anywhere near even, I'm hedging the bet with someone. 10 hours of play you are probably a winner lol.

pooljunkie75
05-11-2009, 06:50 AM

Try Viagra... It could keep you up 36 hours straight, but if it does call your doctor...

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Try Viagra... It could keep you up 36 hours straight, but if it does call your doctor...

Only in DSM...stop drinking the cornshine!

SnapdaNine
05-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Scott good to finally have met you. I wish we could have worked something out though. Coulda been fun.

Thanks, and I also enjoyed meeting the infamous MIKEY FROST! Your not that bad a guy for an OUTA STATER....;).

Yeah I wish something would have worked out, but I wasn't action hungry enough to get sucked into a bad game on one of the Big guys favorite CIRCUS tables. I guess I'll have to go to Burlington now to chase the best action in the state, and with no Diamonds there, we'll have to see what happens. Jamie has my $k even playing 8-ball or I need the 8 and the last 3 playing 9-ball, or both.

Gotta get back to work, Later

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks, and I also enjoyed meeting the infamous MIKEY FROST! Your not that bad a guy for an OUTA STATER....;).

Yeah I wish something would have worked out, but I wasn't action hungry enough to get sucked into a bad game on one of the Big guys favorite CIRCUS tables. I guess I'll have to go to Burlington now to chase the best action in the state, and with no Diamonds there, we'll have to see what happens. Jamie has my $k even playing 8-ball or I need the 8 and the last 3 playing 9-ball, or both.

Gotta get back to work, Later

You already know I got a thousand or two to throw right with it also. I'm in love with both of those games!

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Hmmm...looks like we may be seeing some Illinois and Wisconsin action coming are way soon, both sides like it...gonna finalize and coordinate in the next couple days and you guys might be in for a treat. Bring your piggy banks.

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Keep us posted. You are tickling the right spot. Friday could be a good day?

Back to the salt mine.

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Gotta squeeze the last bit of action out until Fall comes back. Apparently everyone takes the summer off.

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Too many crops to tend I guess... LOL - I would rather play pool any day and twice on sunday. Gotta run and finish my 16 ton.

crawfish
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Gotta squeeze the last bit of action out until Fall comes back. Apparently everyone takes the summer off.

Judging from the reactions on here, you've stirred the pot a little. Nice. Wish I could find a fair game from a 3. Noone gets action with a "break and run" patch.

mikeyfrost
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Judging from the reactions on here, you've stirred the pot a little. Nice. Wish I could find a fair game from a 3. Noone gets action with a "break and run" patch.

I don't even have the stir stick out yet. Shane and Scott Frost are playing here in July, that sounds like a good time for a vacation. I told our other buddy that gets weight from you to come on out too. You guys should bring ur green hats too, cuz someone is going streaking lol.

Spimp13
05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

Aw come on Craw, from what I hear you aren't a "3" needing massive weight...:)

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I wasn't thinking 3 was acurate. :nanner:

NC is getting hard up for entertainment if you gotta come all the way out here just to get nekked and run around. LOL:rotflmao1:

seriously, Shane and Scott should be a spectacle all it's own and something this town hasn't seen in a while.

Can't wait for the TAR circus to hit town. :dance:

Is it nitty to live 8 blocks from the Big Dog and watch it on the computer??:idea:

Richardson
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Is it nitty to live 8 blocks from the Big Dog and watch it on the computer??:idea:

Yes it would be. :thumbup:

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Dang! I thought it might be....:grin-angelic:

I wonder how they are going to set it up at the Dog? Like the Shane / Jesse match? I would think the back room might be too small for this.

Just curious I guess.

Richardson
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
same as jesse / shane.

im getting front row seats one way or another.

deadstroke7
05-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I would guesstimate that this could bring more interest than the last one, beings Scott is a home-towner. Why bottleneck the back room? TAR is probably going to take up some room that was used for seats. More room, more revenue, IMO.

Just my .02 -- I too, would be looking for a nice table with a view from which to eat, drink, and enjoy.

ballndaside
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM

yeah u might need the 6 hour energy even though i might need it too

ballndaside
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM

i totally agree but i dont think i could play against a really good friend

ballndaside
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Ok, pet is gonna give me the 6, 10 ahead for 1k.

Looking like Wed will be our day. 2pm if it works out.

Tomorrow is lawn care day for me, looking pretty bad after this last week ;(
i probably cant play at 2 i have to work probably til actually dont know what time i get off

mikeyfrost
05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
OK so after two weeks of pretty much 4AM nights in the pool room I finally went in to a coma. I have been asleep since approximately 6:45 PM. I'm going back to sleep now. Jason dogs lost power around 6 and dont know what time power came back on so I'm not sure if you or Pet had time to hit balls today. Pet has an issue with work and its a new job for him so he kind of has to work his shift, maybe I'll just play for him until he gets there, jk.

I think I'm gonna run the next big match we have bookie style. That way I get odds no matter what.

mikeyfrost
05-12-2009, 01:05 AM

Spimp I dont know if you heard him clearly. He has break and run patches, no one can get played when they have break and run patches. Seriously who have you ever seen run a full rack in any game. Thats TV stuff man!

crawfish
05-12-2009, 05:56 AM

Then, you've been talking to the wrong guy again. OK, OK. I'll stretch it out to show you some heart. Even though I'm a 3, I'll play any 4's (if they can prove they're not higher than that) even. Take that for heart.

Spimp13
05-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Lol...ok Keith

Pet and J...let me know if you coordinate something after 5 so I can come and hang out and watch...

Spimp13
05-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Spimp I dont know if you heard him clearly. He has break and run patches, no one can get played when they have break and run patches. Seriously who have you ever seen run a full rack in any game. Thats TV stuff man!

I am thinking you meant break and run for a 3 in APA and yes I have seen it in Vegas and unfortunately regular league since I am in APA. You would think they would hold out on the break and run patches and just buy you a beer or something worthwhile lol. When I went to Vegas on a team I heard through the grapevine that one of the matches in the semifinals was under review. A 3 beat a 6 (2-0) in 1 inning. I got a huge laugh from that considering I was told the 6 did not early eight or scratch eight meaning the 2 shot like ESPN on the big stage...

crawfish
05-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Lol...ok Keith

Pet and J...let me know if you coordinate something after 5 so I can come and hang out and watch...

My name's Harry Sacks. SHHH. You'll fu#$ up and have people thinking I'm a 4.

T-dog
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
My name's Harry Sacks. SHHH. You'll fu#$ up and have people thinking I'm a 4.

You didnt name your son, Ball, did ya?

T-dog
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
I want a sweat bet on this. PM me for details

Richardson
05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Jason dogs lost power around 6 and dont know what time power came back on so I'm not sure if you or Pet had time to hit balls today.

I told you im not gonna hit balls. Ill put my cue together and play.

Ill pm you troy.

deadstroke7
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
This still going off tomorrow? Need someone to play a call to the post?? LOL

Any news on 'mystery' match-up Mikey?

Richardson
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Between 4-5 tomorrow it looks like. We have agreed to stop play at midnight should we make it that long.

Spimp13
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I am debating coming up tomorrow to watch. If I don't good luck to both of you.

Cheessehead
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
If I were to come to des moines with Jeff sergent what type of action can we find this weekend? I have a free weekend so I might be able to talk jeff into a little road trip! Tom mccluskey

deadstroke7
05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I am debating coming up tomorrow to watch. If I don't good luck to both of you.

Same here. Doubt it will work into my plans, but I would like to watch you both play.

If you go to midnight, I might get to see it.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
If I were to come to des moines with Jeff sergent what type of action can we find this weekend? I have a free weekend so I might be able to talk jeff into a little road trip! Tom mccluskey

Did it get quiet as a church in here. The man asked a question. Jason R. you should call up Jason Chance and tell him he can get some 8 ball on the barbox, 9 ball on whatever table he wants itm and some one pocket action. Tell Jaime to get the damn day off and come make some money. I just know I don't hear crickets.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 12:41 AM

No mystery match up. Tom McCluskey wanted to play Jamie some thousand dollar sets and all the sudden Jaime is underground. He's gotta work, but I'm not buying that. I'll sell seeing as though Whitey would understand. Sooo yeah I'm actually a tad bit disappointed, bet if I said Jody or Mike wanted to play some Saturday he couldnt get to the pool hall fast enough, weird how that works isn't it. Tom's an even game too by the way. They've played several times. He was going to bring a couple buddies and just play some on Saturday. He was going to bring a guy to play barbox 8 ball, some big table pool, and a little one hole as well. There's a guy in town that would be perfect for those games and I think he would jump up in a heartbeat to play if someone would just let him know. Anyways I do my part but I guess if I stop so will everything else. I'll believe this until its proven otherwise. As I set off my 6th 1k ahead set in a row without a winner booked yet. Let's play.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 05:51 AM
As I set off my 6th 1k ahead set in a row without a winner booked yet. Let's play.

1-800-BETSOFF j/k ;)

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 05:54 AM
I mean seriously Spimp wtf is going on right now, I just can't see us losing again for a few matches. It's like a cycle and its my time to get back to the peak. If not I just wont bet the sky is blue until July.

pooljunkie75
05-13-2009, 06:33 AM
You know what they say Mike...."if you want the job done right you have to do it yourself!" Maybe that's what you should do? Instead of backing everyone and hoping for the best, unleash the fury and let the big dog eat! This way you control the outcome. Just a thought....?

T-dog
05-13-2009, 06:45 AM

I sent you a PM

Richardson
05-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Did it get quiet as a church in here. The man asked a question. Jason R. you should call up Jason Chance and tell him he can get some 8 ball on the barbox, 9 ball on whatever table he wants itm and some one pocket action. Tell Jaime to get the damn day off and come make some money. I just know I don't hear crickets.

DAMN man, did your stable get cold feet after last week ?

Jason would probably play some 1pkt $50 or $100 a game. Im not sure when he could get out and for how long. I know Sat's are good for him though in the afternoon.

Havent talked to Jamie since Monday, dont even know what hes doing.

Richardson
05-13-2009, 06:55 AM
As far as i know we are on for 4-5pm. Pet said he would call me at noon and let me know for sure. Im letting you all know, i watched Scott Frost play last night and i am all pumped up now.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
You know what they say Mike...."if you want the job done right you have to do it yourself!" Maybe that's what you should do? Instead of backing everyone and hoping for the best, unleash the fury and let the big dog eat! This way you control the outcome. Just a thought....?

It's so not time for that yet. Several things I have to fix first.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 07:10 AM
DAMN man, did your stable get cold feet after last week ?

Jason would probably play some 1pkt $50 or $100 a game. Im not sure when he could get out and for how long. I know Sat's are good for him though in the afternoon.

Havent talked to Jamie since Monday, dont even know what hes doing.

No I dont think cold feet is the word for it. I'd more just say back to the lab. We're going underground for a little while so when others get complacent, they can magically get robbed. I also need to make a visit to Vegas and give them my yearly donation. I'll also be sure to take several sweat bets against Scott Frost. The way I see it is Scott has been drilling SVB I look at it like the roulette wheel always coming up red. If you don't bet on black you're gonna be mad you missed it.

Come on now my boy is giving you the 6 when you need a wild 8 to win the game, we'll just gamble some. If I wanted to be a lock artist I'd let Phil play your brother some one hole, but I'm not. Fact is we like tough games. I'd bet that if you won, you wouldn't adjust but hopefully that issue doesn't come up.

Sidenote I dont know how I feel about playing when it is so wet outside.

pooljunkie75
05-13-2009, 07:15 AM
It's so not time for that yet. Several things I have to fix first.

I hear you brother! That's why I just watch at that level. I think I play pretty good for shooting a couple of hours a week, but not good enough...

Richardson
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
#1 Magically is the key word.
#2 How would you know what i need to match up with pet ? I've never even played him 9 ball for money.
#3 I have no idea if i would adjust should i win. I do remember phil playing jamie though when jamie asked to adjust what the answer was from you.
#4 You and Athens can stick the lock-artist comments. I was offered the 6, i didnt beg for it.
#5 Im sure you can get more action than you wanna put up betting against Scott. Us stupid hometown boys gonna go with our guy.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
I hear you brother! That's why I just watch at that level. I think I play pretty good for shooting a couple of hours a week, but not good enough...

Ditto here brother...and I don't count my Monday APA as "playing"...more of hanging out with friends and having some drinks until my name gets called to win some 32-3 race.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 07:27 AM
#2 How would you know what i need to match up with pet ? I've never even played him 9 ball for money.
#3 I have no idea if i would adjust should i win. I do remember phil playing jamie though when jamie asked to adjust what the answer was from you.
#4 You and Athens can stick the lock-artist comments. I was offered the 6, i didnt beg for it.
#5 Im sure you can get more action than you wanna put up betting against Scott. Us stupid hometown boys gonna go with our guy.

Good point...first time matchup between the two of you I have heard. Sometimes you have to use a first matchup to gauge the spot.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 07:37 AM

1) Magically is still the key word. I'll still bet so you don't fret.

2) You sure he didn't give you the last 4 there guy...I'm thinkin you won 7-5 but I could have imagined that.

3) Jamie and Phil absolutely never played 10-7 before. Phil has always won that game and since he was dieing to lose some more he figured let's just change to 9-7. One pocket is a little different. Now if Phil was just killing it and hot(that's not a normal condition) and if Jaime sold out a few times(not normal either) then why in a game of abnormal conditions would you adjust? It's almost like the other guy who plays balls over everyone in one hole sayin the only game Phil can get with him is even, I'll let the jury deliberate.

4) Pet has the asian affliction of betting with his pride. I don't have that same problem though. Hell he wanted to give you the 5. While we are talking about it the only reason this is even considered is because when Pet gives you the 6 he gets the 6 from Jamie. That's still good right? Probably not now but it sure was in the original stipulations of the game. I'm not mad at you for betting a lock I applaud you for getting the game, that's like senior year woofing school, there's an art to that.

5) I don't wanna bet the whole state, it's not about me. I will be sure to get in some good sweat bets though, and I'll just bet per day also. Remember it annoys me to have to bet everyone in the house besides half the people making bets will be shooting air, rent money, or diaper money...no thanks on that kind of action. Gotta be careful who you bet with out here.

OK have a nice day, still didn't respond on the outdoor conditions. Pool sucks when it is wet out!

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Good point...first time matchup between the two of you I have heard. Sometimes you have to use a first matchup to gauge the spot.

So you start at the 6? First time I played Pet I just took the 7 and broke even after some sets. If you don't think Jason plays the same as me or a hair better you're on drugs. I guess if me and Jason ever play I gotta get the 6 and bet a grand to feel it out. Spimp be logical buddy they've known each other and seen their game probably 10 years. This is not their first rodeo.

Richardson
05-13-2009, 07:57 AM
I did play pet one set with the last four, i forgot about that. And i did win 7-5. That was the deal though, one set for $50.

Oh and mike, you wont get me riled up for today. Im not built like that ;) Against Jamie or Jason its probably a good strategy but its not gonna work here. Try plan b.

Also the deal offered was if pet gives me the 6 jamie would give it to him. Pet said i'd rather just play jason its a easier game. And jamie said i understand. I was standing right there and heard the conversation.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 08:08 AM
So you start at the 6? First time I played Pet I just took the 7 and broke even after some sets. If you don't think Jason plays the same as me or a hair better you're on drugs. I guess if me and Jason ever play I gotta get the 6 and bet a grand to feel it out. Spimp be logical buddy they've known each other and seen their game probably 10 years. This is not their first rodeo.

Lol, I have actually not seen you play Frost (only been up to big dogs 3 times when you were up there and you weren't playing) so I don't know how you play compared to Jason. If I remember right Pet offered Jason the 6 or even the 5. Why would he not take that instead of the 7 or 8? If someone offers me a spot and I think I don't need it am I going to say nah, lets lower the spot? You don't have to bet on your horse remember...and what do you say if Pet wins today? He should have gotten the 5? It goes both ways either the spot is too much, or not enough...

gdog
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Anyone want a sweat bet? 50 or 100. I like jason with the 6.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 09:34 AM
F*k now i have to come up and watch, its been built up enough...

pooljunkie75
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM

I'm with you Gary. I've got 100 with Troy H on Jason. Get a hold of him...

pooljunkie75
05-13-2009, 09:54 AM

I'm with you Gary! I've got 100 on Jason with Troy H. Get a hold of him.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 10:12 AM
The more I think about it it's not gonna matter that much. Whoever shows up to play will win, much like all the other games. Theyre playin same rules as everyone else so people will have to play some pool to win. Won't be any games ending cuz of a lucky break but the combos could come in to play. Realistically if Jason has shape on the 6 he's out the majority of the time anyway. I'm not tryin to rile anyone up. Fact is I get the background info from various sources on these games. Some ppl have reps for only betting on the locks, ill call it out. I like a lock as much as anyone but I'll gamble it up too. I might like it more than I already think by the time play start today. I'm gonna go eat my food now, good luck Pet.

mikeyfrost
05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
F*k now i have to come up and watch, its been built up enough...

Hells yeah you gotta come watch now, theres no time off. Make a sweat bet too. Give you a reason to stay!

crawfish
05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Hells yeah you gotta come watch now, theres no time off. Make a sweat bet too. Give you a reason to stay!

Look at all the trouble you've stirred up. Just look at it. Man, where did you learn to create this kind of environment?

P.S. I'm proud of you, son.

Spimp13
05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
It looks like they are starting early or about 2 for all who want to come early to watch. Us damn 8-5ers will have to wait.

deadstroke7
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm feeling H1N1 coming on... cough, hack, wheeze.... feverish - Getting the pool fever.