PDA

View Full Version : Most Unique Cue

jensen_lover
05-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Who would you say has the most unique playable cue. Not like the Ivory PFD Tutankamun but cues that people actually play with.

poolhustler
05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Who would you say has the most unique playable cue. Not like the Ivory PFD Tutankamun but cues that people actually play with.

KEVIN VARNEY!!!!!!! :thumbup:

*Russ<< hoping this gets him a discount on his next Varney!!!

wood600rr
05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Mcworter...

jensen_lover
05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I mean exact cue. Not maker or the way it hits. I was thinking along the lines of the POW-MIA inlay in Joey A's cue. That is an extremely unique design.

manwon
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM

I would have to say the Corsair Black Beauty, the cue had a Black Phenolic Forearm and Butt, I am uncertain what the handle area was made from. But, I knew some one who owned and used for many years, I even tried myself and it hit pretty Good.

floridaboy24
05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I have the ebony and ivory pfd that marlon manalo used in the ipt and the texas hold em pool tournament. I play with that cue as my playing cue and i love it. Thanx Marlon.

dr9ball
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM

Thomas Wayne's St. Patrick's Nightmare... last I heard Jim Buss owned it. Pretty sweet looking cue.

Rufus

breaknrun
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I think the cue in my avatar is unique. May not be the MOST unique, but I f~ing love it!!!

http://www.perrywestoncues.com/home.html

scruffy1
05-06-2009, 03:50 AM
http://www.mcdermottcue.com/IntimidatorSwordStory.asp

The Mcdermott fantasy cue. Almost cut my left ... off shooting with it!!LOL

IntoTheRail
05-06-2009, 04:26 AM
If you are going for most unique....I got a nice close up look at Ralph Souquet's cue at Derby this year and it is pretty damn remarkable. You can get a pretty good look at it in his "whats in the case" segment" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42yd7Q4hu_w&feature=related

Think he says it is a one of a kind Joss.

desi2960
05-06-2009, 06:31 AM
i playing at a tournament in buffalo, missouri. a carpenter shows up with a homemade one piece cue that looks like its made of oak. the cue is one piece and almost square. it had a round ferrule, but the rest of the cue was square. it was tapered like a round cue, and about the same size. looked a bit unique to me.

sfleinen
05-06-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd have to offer-up Ralf Souquet's custom Joss playing cue. See photo #13 (and others) here:

http://azbilliards.com/gallery/showplayergallery.php?playernum=682

Definitely a very flashy design!

-Sean

EDIT: Only noticed now that IntoTheRail already offered-up Ralf Souquet's cue, with a better link that offers a close-up view.

Sweet Marissa
05-06-2009, 06:44 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures!!

floridaboy24
05-06-2009, 07:03 AM
If youd like to see the cue im talking about just look up any of the pics of Marlon Manalo playing the ipt and youll see it.

8Ball48043
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I built a cue about a year ago. I had a previous life as a sailor, and always appreciated the 'arts of the sailor', decorative knots and the like.

So last year I built a cue, one piece handle of birdseye maple, but cut the wrap slot deeper than usual and wraped it with 1/8" waxed hemp like was used in many decorative sailors knots. I tied a Turks Head knot at each end of the wrap and other just above the butt cap.

Because the hemp is so rough, I covered all three turks heads and the wrap with finish.

The cue has a very unique look, but also .... Plays Very Well !!!

Of course I made my 'Wine Cork Joint Protectors' for this very special cue.

I will try to attach photos.

tom haney
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
How about Mike Lambros' Dragon Cue on the cover
of Blue Book of Cues?

TheNewSharkster
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
I always thought the Predator/Gladius (se15) was a very unique cue with the octogonal handle

jensen_lover
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the cue in my avatar is unique. May not be the MOST unique, but I f~ing love it!!!

http://www.perrywestoncues.com/home.html

If Poseidon had to pick a cue I believe that would be it.

Black-Balled
05-06-2009, 12:53 PM
WHat about this one:

pwd72s
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Every "palmer model M from the 2nd catalog" is unique...it has it's original owner's name under a clear plastic ring. ;)

jay helfert
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I have the only cue with Rafael Martinez' name engraved on it. It is a Cousin's cue and Rafael had a Mexican craftsman do it for him. It is in script at the base of the butt. The cue hits a ton too! Super solid and not for sale. ;)

socks
05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
i remember seeing one on ebay that was made out of a bull penis or something similarly disgusting.

Cornerman
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM
There are a couple of stepped/crooked cues out there, where the handle is on a different axis parallel to the forearm.

There are also the cues from Marshal Piercy who brought his cues to Valley Forge. Piercy encases things like snake bones and worms in his cues in clear finish.

DJKeys
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM

I have a completely unique Barnhart. Kind of fancy, but just elegant.

5 points, 5 veneers, lots of silver.

Haven't hit a ball with it yet:

JoseV
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Ill serve up my Joss as a unique playing cue Its not a production cue, Its a one of a kind im still looking for other cues that have joint styles like mine i just havnt seen them out there yet.

jensen_lover
05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
WHat about this one:

Damn who made a cue shaped like my pecker?

ronhudson
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Here's a unique cue made by Robert Renis -- called Bobcues. Don't know if they are still available or not -- haven't seen one being used in a long time. The shafts are made of dymondwood, a synthetic product that won't warp and is hard to damage in any way. Most people found it hard to believe, but you can break with them with no danger of hurting them. The cue I had was pretty plain and went a little over 15 ounces. These cues have a straight 10, 11, or 12 mm shaft, no taper, all the way down to within about 6 or 8 inches of the joint; then they rapidly taper up to the joint size.

I liked shooting with mine, but I had it stuck down in my case which was leaning against a wall. It got knocked over and the top of a half wall rail caught the cue just above the joint and snapped it. Still have the remnants and will have it repaired some day...

http://www.westcoastcues.com/bobcues/