PDA

View Full Version : BCA Table assignments and times are posted

calcuttaman
05-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Check this out for your table # and time....

http://cts.playbca.com/tournamenthome.aspx?tournamentid=72011

jimmyballpeen
05-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks for putting up the link:thumbup2:

mooseman
05-06-2009, 06:36 AM
That's OUTSTANDING. Gives me no excuse to miss my times.......

9Ball_JJ
05-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the link....I was trying to find this yesterday.

GG11
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Great find! Thanks!

eastcoast_chris
05-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks...

First round bye in singles and teams. :)

Work is not very fun today... counting the minutes till I leave for the airport!

See you in Vegas,
Chris

Bob Owen
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the link. I am playing in the seniors and have a opponet of TBA, anyone know what that is for sure?

eastcoast_chris
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
TBA = to be announced

Duane Tuula
05-06-2009, 09:40 AM
TBA's are typically numbered on the board as well. Most of the time they turn into a "bye". However, they are reserved with the "TBA" label in case someone still enters the event that is the spot they will be placed (thus the numbering for multiple entries).

Duane Tuula
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Like what the link offers!!! Search function works easy and allows viewing to results or brackets.

Hopefully it will be updated real-time as well. Rescheduling matches is always an issue and I wonder if that will be reflected there or not?

Sam Waltz
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
So as i peruse the brackets for the 9-Ball Challenge I came across Preliminary Bracket D...the interesting thing about the bracket was one of the participants name's...ladies and gentlemen may I present...

The Assassin da Rocha!!!

I wonder how an assassin will fare in a tough field of sharks! :thumbup:

tucson9ball
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM

Wow, I didn't realize they posted these ahead of time. I checked it out and my team has a bye to start out in bracket C. Our next match is at 2PM on tables 153-154. Nice info to know this far ahead. It saves me a trip to the tourny room, although I will double check anyways. See everybody in Vegas.:thumbup:

akaTrigger
05-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Awesome info! :)

watchez
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, I didn't realize they posted these ahead of time. I checked it out and my team has a bye to start out in bracket C. Our next match is at 2PM on tables 153-154. Nice info to know this far ahead. It saves me a trip to the tourny room, although I will double check anyways. See everybody in Vegas.:thumbup:

Yes the website is great. I know Mark Griffin is a busy man getting ready but I wish he would chime in. I have seen match times/tables change and wonder if this is 'set in stone'.

Also - no round robin for the Men's Team Masters??

14-1StraightMan
05-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Great link. Thank you. Now, we at home who are not going out to Vegas can follow friends threw out the tournament. I never went out there but looking at all the brackets. I wish that I was going. Hopefully next year will be my first of many.

UWPoolGod1
05-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the link. Rep to you.
I got a BYE in Master's Singles and in Open Teams. Good start. I always like playing that guy BYE, I never miss. 8PM Saturday so I have all day on the tables to practice.

iapoolguy
05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I noticed the draw in the mens masters.....Adam and Ryan Benhke had drawn each other...Brothers...WHAT A DRAW....

UWPoolGod1
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I noticed the draw in the mens masters.....Adam and Ryan Benhke had drawn each other...Brothers...WHAT A DRAW....

Yeah I saw that too. Bum deal.

Mark Griffin
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
CTS = Cuesports International Tournament System.

This tournament system is the actual DRAW. We have run a lot of tests and think we got it all worked out - time will see.

Here is the main info: Charts will be updated every 15 minutes. Actually is 'real time' but we elected to update internet every 15 minutes. All matches are recorded by bar code. We will record the scores.

We have made arrangements for late matches etc. The charts are printed and up - just like those shown on the site.

Watchez - the times are 'set in stone'.
The Masters team will be DE to eight teams - they go to a round robin. The teams NOT in the Round Robin will play another Double Elim.

We are open to suggestions - but think we are on the right track!

By the way - in 60 days or so, we will made a 'page' available for local tournaments - they can post their progress and it will appear instantly on our site for the world to see.

All of this stuff is computer friendly and allows the info to be dispersed easily.

We are trying to make it all work better.

Mark Griffin

mr8ball
05-06-2009, 07:09 PM

This tournament system is the actual DRAW. We have run a lot of tests and think we got it all worked out - time will see.

Here is the main info: Charts will be updated every 15 minutes. Actually is 'real time' but we elected to update internet every 15 minutes. All matches are recorded by bar code. We will record the scores.

We have made arrangements for late matches etc. The charts are printed and up - just like those shown on the site.

The Masters team will be DE to eight teams - they go to a round robin. The teams NOT in the Round Robin will play another Double Elim.

By the way - in 60 days or so, we will made a 'page' available for local tournaments - they can post their progress and it will appear instantly on our site for the world to see.

All of this stuff is computer friendly and allows the info to be dispersed easily.

Mark Griffin

You are doing a great job Mark. Thanks for all you do for the sport of Billiards.

akaTrigger
05-06-2009, 08:49 PM

Mark Griffin

This is all phenomenal, Mark! Kudos to you and your staff. :thumbup:

watchez
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM

Mark Griffin

Thanks Mark. All of this is great news and the benefits are too many to list. Keep pushing pool in the right direction.

Duane Tuula
05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Looks promising. I see the 9-ball challenge was updating nicely yesterday until 4pm and now no more updates. Maybe it was too good to be true.

Mark Griffin
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Duane Tuula (and others);

Our new CTS system is working just fine.

Here is the deal on the 9-ball event. It is run in the back (Royale) ballroom which is NOT wired to the main tournament director stage in the front (Grande) Ballroom.

We were experimenting with the check writing aspects of the overall system.

All of the 'updates' were done manually. The 9-ball is being run on a laptop which we actually remove from the back room to bring the data up front to complete testing.

Rest assured that everything seems to be working just as it should. I appreciate everyone's comments and would like to keep all of this very positive.

But I don't think anyone should under appreciate the 'big step' we took this year. Gary Benson does a GREAT job in being a TD - but his software would not do the job. We are completly independent this year and the end result will be more efficient operations and the world can watch us.

Gary has been the security blanket of this event for over 30 years. Our system took over two years and a lot of money and thought. Wait until you see the next phase of how all this works.

We will keep you updated as things progress.

Mark Griffin

Duane Tuula
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm seeing updates and results when I look now. I like what I see and find it easy to use.

PROG8R
05-08-2009, 04:46 AM
THIS IS SO COOL!!! I am so amped up that I can follow this from home with out all the phone calls etc... Thank you to who ever set this up. All tourneys should be done like this. :thumbup:

PROG8R
05-08-2009, 04:46 AM
I'm seeing updates and results when I look now. I like what I see and find it easy to use.

Now all you have to work on is spelling my name correctly...

Are you playing? I did not look up your name.

PROG8R
05-08-2009, 04:50 AM
So as i peruse the brackets for the 9-Ball Challenge I came across Preliminary Bracket D...the interesting thing about the bracket was one of the participants name's...ladies and gentlemen may I present...

The Assassin da Rocha!!!

I wonder how an assassin will fare in a tough field of sharks! :thumbup:

My Spanish is rusty, but doesnt that mean "the roach killer"?

StrokeofLuck
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
So in the men's open bracket E #12, Jimmy Mataya???? Him, Jr., or coincidental name?

Ktown D
05-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Duane Tuula (and others);

Our new CTS system is working just fine.

Here is the deal on the 9-ball event. It is run in the back (Royale) ballroom which is NOT wired to the main tournament director stage in the front (Grande) Ballroom.

We were experimenting with the check writing aspects of the overall system.

All of the 'updates' were done manually. The 9-ball is being run on a laptop which we actually remove from the back room to bring the data up front to complete testing.

Rest assured that everything seems to be working just as it should. I appreciate everyone's comments and would like to keep all of this very positive.

But I don't think anyone should under appreciate the 'big step' we took this year. Gary Benson does a GREAT job in being a TD - but his software would not do the job. We are completly independent this year and the end result will be more efficient operations and the world can watch us.

Gary has been the security blanket of this event for over 30 years. Our system took over two years and a lot of money and thought. Wait until you see the next phase of how all this works.

We will keep you updated as things progress.

Mark Griffin

Keep it up Mark, you guys are doing a phenomenal job.

Duane Tuula
05-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Are you playing? I did not look up your name.

No, not enough discretionary income to throw around. I'm just following my league players (league #189 on the search function) and a few other friends using this great new tool!

Milo
05-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Bump for a very informational thread. And so I dont have to look for it.:D

TX Poolnut
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
bump...........

Milo
05-08-2009, 09:34 PM
bump............

Duane Tuula
05-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Don't know if this is in the works but a separate link for results/payouts by event would be nice.

Milo
05-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Bump to the first page. :)

cbaumann212
05-11-2009, 06:40 AM
To the top!