PDA

View Full Version : nice win joe tucker

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 06:01 AM
good shootin joe,it doesnt surprise me you won.
you a good guy also , see you in vegas take care

ceebee
05-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Way to go, Joe. Glad to see you in the top row.

izquik72
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Great win.

I just purchased one of your training packages.
I really like your style of teaching.

Good job on the "W"

JoeyA
05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Great win.

I just purchased one of your training packages.
I really like your style of teaching.

Good job on the "W"

Where did you get that "training package"? Got a link?

Thanks,

JoeyA

alstl
05-06-2009, 09:54 AM
What did he win, I missed it.

woody_968
05-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Thanks,

JoeyA

http://www.joetucker.net/

Not only is Joe a great player, he has some of the best teaching/practice tools available IMO.

Scott Lee
05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Joe Tucker won the Joss Tour event last weekend, at Snookers, in Providence RI. Dennis Hatch, who has won the last couple events (iirc), was in Vegas, getting ready to play Darrell Appleton a big money match.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

What did he win, I missed it.

izquik72
05-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Thanks,

JoeyA

Here is the Products page of his training tools. Some great stuff and a great value http://joetucker.net/products.html

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Joe Tucker won the Joss Tour event last weekend, at Snookers, in Providence RI. Dennis Hatch, who has won the last couple events (iirc), was in Vegas, getting ready to play Darrell Appleton a big money match.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

why couldnt we just say good shootin joe. why bring up hatch,its like your suggesting nice shootin but thank god for you dennis wasnt there.

you know what scott lee didnt play either thank god.

archer wasnt their either.

either give a compliment or save the passive aggresive b.s.

Scott Lee
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
You know what John? I don't know what your problem is. Joe is a very good friend of mine, and I respect everything he does...unlike some things you say. I took the information directly off of the front page of this site, in response to another poster's question, so maybe you should be bashing THEM, not me. Joe himself, gave a nod to Dennis, at the tournament. Maybe you should learn how to read. :rolleyes:

Here's what I said in another thread about Joe's win: "Joe is a top notch player, as well as an excellent instructor! I would recommend lessons with him to anyone!"

BTW, I wish you no ill will, and hope you do well out in Vegas. I'll be there too.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

why couldnt we just say good shootin joe. why bring up hatch,its like your suggesting nice shootin but thank god for you dennis wasnt there.

you know what scott lee didnt play either thank god.

archer wasnt their either.

either give a compliment or save the passive aggresive b.s.

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
ill learn how to read as soon as you learn how to give a compliment without saying it out the side of you mouth.

joes a buddy of mine too and i wouldnt say good win and then bring up what great players were not there.

Black-Balled
05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
serenity, now!!!

Jason Robichaud
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
John, I think you should check out the following: tegretol, lithium and depakote or maybe prozac... seriously! I wonder If we can find a professional acting pro on here?

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
dealing with the people on here i swear i might try the stuff.

john schmidt
05-06-2009, 04:19 PM
John, I think you should check out the following: tegretol, lithium and depakote or maybe prozac... seriously! I wonder If we can find a professional acting pro on here?

you know i know you hate me. if i was you id hate me too. anyway the thing i like about you is you always no matter what try to insult me,but you do it using your real name and i respect that. good job .

houmatroy
05-06-2009, 04:22 PM
dealing with the people on here i swear i might try the stuff.

Then you could give Chris the 7 out....some players swear by em:happydance: true tho..some of the notorious ones that play for days like em plenty.

Jason Robichaud
05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I have agreed with you on a few things/postings here and maybe gave rep... can't remember.

JXMIKE
05-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

this is the internet and things typed are interpeted wrongly..i dont think scott meant anything by this.

Joe was shooting well this weekend and i dont think it would matter if hatch was there or not this was joes weekend.

trustyrusty
05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Though I have no way of knowing intent....saying congrats to someone and mentioning who wasn't there to compete does read like a backhanded compliment. I don't know Joe, John, Scott, or any other party involved in this thread, just stating how it came across to me....

In todays way of reporting events it's done frequently though....Harrington wins a couple of golf majors, but TIGER wasn't there. GREAT WIN, BUT.... I don't like it, so even though I don't know Joe - GREAT WIN JOE, good to see you took down a field of very strong players!! :thumbup:

John, I'm not sure Scott meant it the way it read, but +1 for you for not mentioning it!! BTW, it was a pleasure to see you play at the DCC (specifically the 1P challenge), and see you rooting on Corey (mostly with self depricating humor).

Scott, I hope our paths cross someday since I've read so many good things about your intruction. I'm sure if you are friends with Joe, you didn't mean anything by your post. :)

now, can't we all just get along :D

Scott Lee
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
JXMIKE...That's exactly correct! The AZ article is the one that mentions Dennis being gone. I agree with you, that when Joe's shooting his best, he can shoot with the best players anywhere. I've SEEN him make shots that just made me shake my head in disbelief! I certainly meant no disrespect to Joe, and I know he knows that. My apologies if my post was interpreted the wrong way. Once again...GREAT SHOOTING Joe! Another notch on your belt of victories. What a great way to end your season, and take a few months off to relax, and recharge your batteries!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

this is the internet and things typed are interpeted wrongly..i dont think scott meant anything by this.

Joe was shooting well this weekend and i dont think it would matter if hatch was there or not this was joes weekend.

Scott Lee
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
trustyrusty...I'm sure our paths will cross some time! Hey, I like to play golf too...but I just sort of play AT it! LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Though I have no way of knowing intent....saying congrats to someone and mentioning who wasn't there to compete does read like a backhanded compliment. I don't know Joe, John, Scott, or any other party involved in this thread, just stating how it came across to me....

In todays way of reporting events it's done frequently though....Harrington wins a couple of golf majors, but TIGER wasn't there. GREAT WIN, BUT.... I don't like it, so even though I don't know Joe - GREAT WIN JOE, good to see you took down a field of very strong players!! :thumbup:

John, I'm not sure Scott meant it the way it read, but +1 for you for not mentioning it!! BTW, it was a pleasure to see you play at the DCC (specifically the 1P challenge), and see you rooting on Corey (mostly with self depricating humor).

Scott, I hope our paths cross someday since I've read so many good things about your intruction. I'm sure if you are friends with Joe, you didn't mean anything by your post. :)

now, can't we all just get along :D

JimS
05-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Congratulations Joe. Your study aids have helped me improve my game. I appreciate the efforts you've put into make pool a better game.

JimS
05-07-2009, 03:45 AM
I think Joe can play with anybody and that the wording of the article was really poor... a slap in the face. It pissed me off when I read it.

Thanks John for putting up this thread.

dmgwalsh
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Good for Joe.

I looked at some of his materials years ago when Fran Crimi sent me a copy of a little green spiral book of his with drills on it. I pm'd him some questions and he was very friendly and helpful. I've watched his videos and they are very good.

I know Scott pretty well and took lessons from him more than once.
I have to say that when I saw the post, I felt a little sting when I read the sentence about Hatch. Scott was probably just cutting and pasting from somewhere else to get the complete facts out but...

you know what sometimes happens to the messenger, right? ;)

John, Good Luck out there in Vegas.

john schmidt
05-07-2009, 04:49 AM
alright sorry scott. i thought you were taking a jab at another instuctor. i see you meant no harm. joes a good guy and i was sticking up for him,i got carried away.

metallicane
05-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Congrats Joe. I just got your DVDs and stroke trainer. I can't wait to try them.

And John, it is nice to see you sticking up for a friend. I admire that. And I know Scott, he meant no ill will which I also see you acknowledged.

Joe T
05-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Thanks John, play well in Vegas!

John you'll be happy to hear that I'm going to learn to golf this year so I won't be in vegas or anywhere else for a couple months. Matter a fact going out the dooor right now! little rainy though.

We can just skip the rest of the thread, thanks all.

Pete
05-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks John, play well in Vegas!

John you'll be happy to hear that I'm going to learn to golf this year so I won't be in vegas or anywhere else for a couple months. Matter a fact going out the dooor right now! little rainy though.

We can just skip the rest of the thread, thanks all.

As always Joe, you are a gentalman.

It was great to see you play, and congrads on a well played event.

TTYL

Pete

tom mcgonagle
05-07-2009, 08:16 AM
I along with forty-six other player's went to Snooker's to play over the week-end. I was warming up with Tom Defonzo(I think the spelling is correct) aka Shorty. He said to me, the field looked a little soft. I pointed out to him, you can only beat the people that show up. I also told him, you can only lose to them also. Winning or placing high in any Joss event is a great accomplishment. We are constantly completing against some of the best players in the country and the world. It's not an easy place to win.

Great win Joe.

Beating anyone, especially a player of Matt's caliber, two sets in the finals, must have made it even more rewarding. Did I mention Matt crushed me 9-0 to get to the hot seat. So much for soft players. It's great to see players from New England winning and the getting credit, they deserve.