PDA

View Full Version : Danger, danger, Artie B is coming

freddy the beard
05-06-2009, 08:05 AM
Danger, Artie Bodendorfer is trying to figure out how to post on AZ. I gave him the basics of how to do it yesterday. He spells worst than Fatboy, but he woofs like Dracula. Be aware he thrives on confrontation, and brooks no opinions on shots other than his own. Not for the timid.

the Beard

Voodoo Daddy
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Danger, Artie Bodendorfer is trying to figure out how to post on AZ. I gave him the basics of how to do it yesterday. He spells worst than Fatboy, but he woofs like Dracula. Be aware he thrives on confrontation, and brooks no opinions on shots other than his own. Not for the timid.

the Beard

Pass the asprin...I take 5 before I sign on to OnePocket.org.:thumbup:

Blackjack
05-06-2009, 08:28 AM

the Beard

Freddy,
We elect you to interpret his typing style.
LOL

cmssuits
05-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Pass the asprin...I take 5 before I sign on to OnePocket.org.:thumbup:

Can't wait, I forgot how difficult it was to read all his posts!

Advil! Buuwhahahahaha!

Black-Balled
05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the warning!

JoeyA
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM

the Beard

Thanks for the heads-up Freddy!

Artie will have a larger audience to woof at here on AZ.

With a new season of True Blood starting on HBO in June, Artie is just in time. Come get you some, Artie. :D
JoeyA

center pocket
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I have heard so much about Artie. Even if he is abrasive it will be cool to attempt to read his posts and pick his brain.

Roy Steffensen
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I have heard so much about Artie. Even if he is abrasive it will be cool to attempt to read his posts and pick his brain.

Attempt is the correct word here :)

Looking forward to read Artie's posts. I enjoy reading many of the discussions at onepocket.org, and will be nice to have Artie sharing his thoughts on AZ too!

grandpapkusky
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I only lurk at 1pocket.org, but am familiar with artie B. He reminds me of the Monk, only all jarbled together. Lots of ideas on how to play, but you feel like your in a massive traffic jam when getting into his posts.

alstl
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I only lurk at 1pocket.org, but am familiar with artie B. He reminds me of the Monk, only all jarbled together. Lots of ideas on how to play, but you feel like your in a massive traffic jam when getting into his posts.

That's outstanding, I'm going to remember that for future use. I'll make the rare move of sending some green rep your way.

9Ball_JJ
05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Is Artie playing in the BCA?? I thought I remember seeing his name on the list in the Seniors division.

"CaliRed".
05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Some of you brave souls are saying, "Sure, bring it on"

I just threw one of his posts into Word and it came up with 1,247 words.

Now you think, "ok, so he's a little verbose, what's the problem?"

Well...... the "problem" is, it was all one paragraph. Oh, and there were no spaces between "sentences"... Oh, and most "sentences" started with And... Oh, and he is a full time member of the "Spell it how it sounds" Club :grin:

He has some nads on him, if he desires to come over to this side of town:wink:

I'm not making fun or putting Mr. B down, I'm simply alerting you to what you may endure. Myself, I have been blessed to not judge anyone by their race/financial status/spelling ablility/appearence/speaking ability or how well you play pool.

Good luck and keep a open mind !:D

Patrick Johnson
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM

the Beard

I defer to your expert opinion about Artie, Beard, but this is good news to me. Maybe some of the other onepocket.org mudwrestlers will follow him over here and we'll be able to sling a little one pocket bull with you guys. We definitely don't get enough of it over here, and it's a little too "sleepy" over at onepocket.org for most of us.

Bring it on!

pj
chgo

Tennesseejoe
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Freddie---you are the problem---you sent the plague on us in the form of Chicago Style One Pocket aka Artie. His thoughts are unique and inspiring but how will the masses take to his absolut opinions?

vagabond
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Around two months ago I saw him in las Vegas at rumrunners tournament.

Patrick Johnson
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
...how will the masses take to his absolut opinions?

We'll simply respond with our Smirnoff opinions (nyuk nyuk).

pj
chgo

Tennesseejoe
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
We'll simply respond with our Smirnoff opinions (nyuk nyuk).

pj
chgo

You got me---but on second thought I may be right. LOL

mamono
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
If its such a huge problem, maybe all his old posts from the other forum can be used as the basis in the cipher for the creation of an auto-correct/translator function?? Any programmers willing to take on the task?

Mr441
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
If its such a huge problem, maybe all his old posts from the other forum can be used as the basis in the cipher for the creation of an auto-correct/translator function?? Any programmers willing to take on the task?

You know I have a feeling (I could be way off though) that Artie's brutal spelling and grammar is intentional. Now I know a lot of pool players, especially pros have bad spelling but Artie's is so over the top and it's not consistent. He's spelled Thorsten Hohmann in every way possible and has never once happened upon the correct spelling. If you read some of his posts on the one pocket site you'll see some sentences and paragraphs that are so bad that it really looks like another language but then I've noticed on some posts, especially long posts where he's really getting into what he's writing he'll have a perfect 3 or 4 sentences, perfect spelling, perfect grammar, it's like he "forgot" he's supposed to be semi-literate. Just a feeling I have.

sokaiba
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM

They all ready have this set up in the White House from when W was there. I'm sure we can get a down load.

TXsouthpaw
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
thanks for the head up freddy.Things should get interstin around here thats for sure. Looking forward to it.

berniep
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM

the Beard

Freddy,

I log on to 1p.org and have sampled Artie's posts:eek:.........so please.....for the love of God......all things billiard...... keep him there!:D

Bernie P.

ugotactionTX
05-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I just looked at the brackets for the BCA Nationals...Yes, he's playing in the Men's Open singles. I'm going to try to catch up with him while I'm out there.

Is Artie playing in the BCA?? I thought I remember seeing his name on the list in the Seniors division.

DRW
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I just looked at the brackets for the BCA Nationals...Yes, he's playing in the Men's Open singles. I'm going to try to catch up with him while I'm out there.
I saw his name on the senior singles roster. Don't believe you can play in both.

CreeDo
05-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I am looking forward to it haha...I couldn't resist checking this out:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/member.php?u=6355

try viewing all the posts... freddy's not exaggerating. The guy sounds like a wealth of info if you can decipher it :)

SJDinPHX
05-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Attempt is the correct word here :)

Looking forward to read Artie's posts. I enjoy reading many of the discussions at onepocket.org, and will be nice to have Artie sharing his thoughts on AZ too!

Roy,

Artie does not "share" his thoughts...he inserts them into your brain. If you refuse to accept them, or have a differing opinion, you WILL incur his wrath, and may be placed on his permanent s**t list. :eek:

When it comes to sentence structure, and spelling...Fatboy is a Rhodes Scholar.

Dick <---likes to spar with Artie, till the migraine sets in, then I need a break. (or major pain medication)

The Saw
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
When it comes to sentence structure, and spelling...Fatboy is a Rhodes Scholar.

There seems to be a pattern to this poor grammar thing.... Arties doing okay, Fatboy's doing okay.... Literacy must not pay very well. LOL

freddy the beard
05-14-2009, 05:07 AM
If you want Artie B to post on this forum, you are going to have to log onto one pkt.org, and in a simple way, show him how to post on AZ. He wants to come aboard but he is a computer weakling and needs help.

the Beard