PDA

View Full Version : Soaking Chalk in Milk Results

travis92
05-06-2009, 06:05 PM
So i decided to do the little experiment today.
I removed the wrapper then soaked a piece of triangle chalk in milk for exactly ten minutes and ten microwaved it for 1:30. Then I took a screw driver and murdered out the inside a little bit to get rid of the hard "shell" that formed.
And now my microwave has a slight stench of ass.

I can honestly say in my mind I think that it is a little different. It might be just cuz I heated it but it does have a different feel to it.
Try it if you want, see what you think.

Cuebuddy
05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=travis92;1807057]
And now my microwave has a "slight stench of ass"

That quote reminds me of this classic at about 2:10 of this long cut.:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok81XE4QWpk&feature=related

TX Poolnut
05-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I wonder if soy milk will work.

manwon
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I removed the wrapper then soaked a piece of triangle chalk in milk for exactly ten minutes and ten microwaved it for 1:30. Then I took a screw driver and murdered out the inside a little bit to get rid of the hard "shell" that formed.

I can honestly say in my mind I think that it is a little different. It might be just cuz I heated it but it does have a different feel to it.

Travis sounds like you have a Gay microwave!!!!:D

Lea A
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I wonder if soy milk will work.

I'm not sure soy milk is the best choice...what about fat-free buttermilk???

Neil
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM

lady9ball
05-06-2009, 07:41 PM
I can't imagine what you hope milk-soaking will do to improve the chalk, but I have to say that the idea just cracks me up. :)

travis92
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Like Neil said i don't think the milk soaked through. Especially with only ten minutes of soaking. It was probably just the microwaving part that made it feel different. Also the milk wouldnt have had to have gotten to the center to see results because that only part of it I have used was on the mere edge.
Whatever it was though I am almost certain it played different.
and I would never raise a homosexual microwave, even though I eat out of it

chin0
05-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Has anyone thought of using a pressure cooker, put your milk and chalk in it, and cook that S.O.B. ? That way it would pressurize the milk into the chalk and if the chalk doesn't dissolve or shrink in size, you can put it in the oven dry it and see what the results would be. :D

Intentions----> joke, but a thought I got looking at my parent's pressure cooker lol

dragon81
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
the heating from the microwave alone draws out moisture. That's the basis of how a microwave works....it heats up the liquids.
Not sure how the milk changed the situation....changing the temp so quickly, probably caused the smell....lol =)
This was definitely entertaining!

Cuebuddy
05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Has anyone thought of using a pressure cooker, put your milk and chalk in it, and cook that S.O.B. ? That way it would pressurize the milk into the chalk and if the chalk doesn't dissolve or shrink in size, you can put it in the oven dry it and see what the results would be. :D

Intentions----> joke, but a thought I got looking at my parent's pressure cooker lol

Interesting idea chino. What about using a George Forman grill?

POOL--TIME
05-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i wonder if i put this in my pocket chalker, would my ass look fatter?

chin0
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Interesting idea chino. What about using a George Forman grill?

:D Where would the world be without these extraordinary ideas and thoughts? We'd still be back in the stone ages lol. Though I was thinking more in the line of a slow cooker, :)

Drew
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
So many uses for milk

obrien714
05-06-2009, 09:25 PM
is there that much of a problem with chalk that a person would find the need to soak and microwave it...

i say dip your oreos in milk. let the chalk alone...

junkbond
05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
If you used an energy drink instead of milk, would it give you a stronger break?
Just wondering. ;)

How about running the chalk and milk through a blender, then pour the mess into an ice cube tray to dry. If you're going to spend time on chalk alchemy, you might as well try everything. :deadhorse:

dragon81
05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
what about a food dehydrator?
:)

Blackjack
05-06-2009, 10:38 PM
They should combine this thread with the one about baking chalk. Perhaps, someone can even write their own chalk cookbook.

:shrug:

Drew
05-06-2009, 10:53 PM
If you used an energy drink instead of milk, would it give you a stronger break?
Just wondering. ;)

How about running the chalk and milk through a blender, then pour the mess into an ice cube tray to dry. If you're going to spend time on chalk alchemy, you might as well try everything. :deadhorse:

That's the funniest damn thing I've heard all day!!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking milk because it would be all over the keyboard.

ftgokie
05-06-2009, 11:13 PM
You said you removed the paper. Did you scrape off the glue that held the paper on? I strongly suggest that the chalk did not absorb the milk. If it had soaked through to the center, and you then heated it up that much, I think it would have exploded due to the steam pressure inside it. You might have to try this test again!

Neil Neil Neil........your gonna get somebody hurt:D

i4pool
05-07-2009, 09:25 AM

Travis sounds like you have a Gay microwave!!!!:D

:rotflmao1: Had me chuckling out loud. Funny, funny stuff! :thumbup:

-Abe

RockSolidCues
05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
GOT MILK:eek:

catpool9
05-08-2009, 06:33 AM

This has got to be the Craziest damn thing I've ever heard of!
Surely you've got better things to be doing with your time!:confused:

David Harcrow

Ktown D
05-08-2009, 06:36 AM
This Surely you've got better things to be doing with your time!:confused:

David Harcrow

Sadly........it appears that he doesn't.

Black-Balled
05-08-2009, 06:40 AM
I think it need to be soaked for a couple of days, then left on a sunny window to dry.

Will likely take a week to fully dry. LEt us know how it tastes.

J$Cincy
05-08-2009, 07:22 AM
and what exactly is this, suppossed to achieve? is this a recipe for "gaff chalk":confused::confused::confused:

3Bros Billiards
05-08-2009, 07:24 AM
don't give up, your next idea might be a good one!

chin0
05-08-2009, 07:28 AM
what about a food dehydrator?
:)

:D I think we are on to something here, it would dehydrate the chalk and would have the same effect as the oven. But is this with or without the milk?

Icon of Sin
05-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Just when I thought I heard it all...

Beware_of_Dawg
05-08-2009, 08:30 AM
AFter reading this thread, I decided to give it one more try....

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9209/fuuuu2v.jpg

yeah, I got too much time on my hands, lul'z.

grindz
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
AFter reading this thread, I decided to give it one more try....

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9209/fuuuu2v.jpg

yeah, I got too much time on my hands, lul'z.

that one brought tears to my eyes! :D

td

sokaiba
05-08-2009, 10:25 AM
What if we adapted it to milk duds. Soak the chalk into the tip and then press it. Would the chalk be infused? I think chalk infused tips woould be the way of the future. I'm bored at work and this thread is too entertaining.

dragon81
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
:D I think we are on to something here, it would dehydrate the chalk and would have the same effect as the oven. But is this with or without the milk?

why not throw in some orange juice or something? Might as well keep it interesting...LOL:grin:

Drew
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
What if we adapted it to milk duds. Soak the chalk into the tip and then press it. Would the chalk be infused? I think chalk infused tips woould be the way of the future. I'm bored at work and this thread is too entertaining.

If that's the case, why not just glue a piece of chalk on a shaft and play with that?

sokaiba
05-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by sokaiba

If that's the case, why not just glue a piece of chalk on a shaft and play with that?

I don't think you would get the same play as infused leather. The chalk would have to be as dense as a phenolic tip. JMO.

NineBallNut
05-08-2009, 12:32 PM

aren't elk masters and blue knights chalk infused tips to begin with?

http://www.thepoolhustler.com/imgs/BV3.jpg

"During production, chalk is infused into the final layers, proving superior control and english."

travis92
05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Well to all the people saying to add orange juice and red bull to the chalk, the thinking behind this is that chalk contains calcium the way it is (I think) and if you add milk to it, this could "alter" the formula, possibly making it better.

So I'm completely insane for doing this lol

sde
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Well to all the people saying to add orange juice and red bull to the chalk, the thinking behind this is that chalk contains calcium the way it is (I think) and if you add milk to it, this could "alter" the formula, possibly making it better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billiards#ChalkCue tip chalk is not actually the substance typically referred to as "chalk" (generally calcium carbonate, also known as calcite or carbonate of lime), but any of several proprietary compounds, with a silicate base.

XxMerlinxX
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM

Along those same lines, maybe you could mash up some old firecrackers and then "infuse" your tip with those. It would make your break... dare I say it... explosive? :groucho:

RunOutRodney
05-08-2009, 11:49 PM
is there that much of a problem with chalk that a person would find the need to soak and microwave it...

i say dip your oreos in milk. let the chalk alone...

Anyone ever try using the chalk as it comes out of the box...?

JB Cases
05-09-2009, 07:35 AM
That's a pretty good Wikipedia article. So actually IF you really want to alter the properties then I suppose that one could buy a gross of Masters for like $20 and start experimenting by crushing it into powder and adding stuff to it. Try everthing in the house :-)

Build your self a little compression jig so you can get the chalk back into a useable shape and there you go.

Since the Blue Diamond is like $15 a cube???? there is obviously a lot of room between $20 a gross and that to make a killing in the chalk biz.

speakers
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Okay, I'm not even gonna start with the why's and what-for's and how-to's of "milking your chalk" or "re-milking your chalk" or "de-milking your chalk" or "super-duper milkifying your chalk" ...

But I will ask, if you are telling me your "microwave has a slight stench of ass", why the hell would I try it for myself? You just told me your microwave stinks, why would I do that to my microwave? I don't want it to smell like ASS! LOL :rotflmao1: That's like going out to dinner and telling your date "Ewww, this tastes gross! Here try it" :lmao:. Does the chalk smell like ass too?

Gotta know, do you live with anybody? If so, what did they think of your experiment? LOL

SK Custom Cues
05-10-2009, 09:59 PM
ya'll is talkin bout some funny $hit. this thread is nuts.

Chalk is supposed to be dry and not a trace of lubrication in it, not even finger oils. Haven't you ever heard of people putting saliva in the chalk to jar the other guy? What about rubbing the oils off their forehead and onto the balls during racking? Pool and lubrication don't go fellas. Except when nits are getting bent over with lots of KY.

Humidity, dirt, and excessive body oils in combination with your equipment is undesirable in everyway. Milk has saturated fat in it and just plain don't belong anywhere near the pool table, unless your pool hall is a restaurant like mine.

Stick with the milk and tip invention. It works. I've made my own compressed tips and experimented even to the point of having my theory, but milk and chalk? No sir. Hah uh. Leave that one to the chemists.

Want to experiment? Why don't you experiment with different drills on the table and when you've completely exhausted that, try drinkin' some milk and see if that works. ;)

jbravo2984
10-09-2010, 12:27 AM
That's a pretty good Wikipedia article. So actually IF you really want to alter the properties then I suppose that one could buy a gross of Masters for like $20 and start experimenting by crushing it into powder and adding stuff to it. Try everthing in the house :-)

Build your self a little compression jig so you can get the chalk back into a useable shape and there you go.

Since the Blue Diamond is like $15 a cube???? there is obviously a lot of room between $20 a gross and that to make a killing in the chalk biz.
One of the best threads ever! I've been laughing my ass off for a while now!
JB, it seemed like you were hinting at doing something like what drug dealers do. But with chalk... I think someone needs to look into John's history here :)

Underclocked
10-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Did the dimple in the chalk pop out? Why the heck is there a dimple in the first place?

Remove the dimples!!

peter_gunn
10-09-2010, 03:42 AM
20 years ago master chalk was very rare in my country. My friend walk close to the shore and he accidentaly dropped chalk in the water.
He immediately jump and save chalk, and let for couple days to dry.
He claim that was the best piece of chalk he ever try :D

So if someone is close to the coast, drop that pre flag box and make money ^^

8&snap
10-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I think Gordon Ramsey has written something on this subject somewhere.

12squared
10-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Cost of milk: $2
Cost of a new microwave (smells like a$$): $79
a piece of pre-flag Master chalk: priceless (but costs $2-$3)

:thumbup::rolleyes::grin: