PDA

View Full Version : A little guidance?

MilwShooter
05-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I posted a couple weeks ago about a cue maker who is making me a new shaft. He's giving me an awesome deal but I'm getting a little concerned. On the 27th (last week Monday) our emails went like this:

ME: "everything still going as planned? I didn't receive the pictures you were going to send me and it's been a little over 2 weeks which is another week over the "week or so" timeline {Another email had said he needed "another week or so"} I had received. My wife is starting to breath down my neck about the $$ she paid and hasn't seen the product yet."

CueMaker: "Im pretty sure the orginal timeline was 4 to 5 weeks. Your shaft will be done this week and will ship out the first of next week. As far as im concerned we are still on target. Im pretty sure i sent you some pics already.
Have your wife call me if there is a problem."

ME: " I was just referring to the last email I got from you, dated April 14th where you said

"Your shaft should be complete in about a week or so.
I will send some pics later in the week.
Thanks "

I hadn't gotten those pictures, that's why I was asking. Not trying to pressure you, just wanted to know because it had been 2 weeks since you sent the last email and I hadn't gotten anything from you since."

He did send me some pics but the bold part is what concerns me since it's Thursday of the following week.

It's Thursday and I haven't heard from him. He sent me a couple pictures of what appeared to be a completed shaft. I don't like nagging or bothering someone but if a cue maker said the above to you and it was Thursday of the following week...would you contact him again or give him an extra week?

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
If it were me I would have called and found out what was up. Also I would want to know just how far I was going to have to travel if need be. But that is just me.

Voodoo Daddy
05-07-2009, 09:28 AM
If every person that ever ordered a shaft, had a cue refinished or was having a cue built needed pictures and needed phone time with the cuemaker, no one would get anything. I used to sit at Searings once inna while waiting for him to get off the phone, thinking to myself "I wonder if Dennis called that person at work, would he be on that long?"

Gus was the best, he said his cordials and got right to the point because he was BUSY MAKING POOL CUES!!! I guess what my advise would be is simple. Let the man do his job and you will get your shaft when its completed. Good luck either way...

Beware_of_Dawg
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
c'mon brother you been here long enough and have read enough threads about custom cues being made and the delays. A week late? lol. I'm sure your biting at the bit, and it feels like someone keeps moving christmas day back on you but I don't think I would get too concerned and if the guy gave you an "awesome" deal... I think I give him some slack. One more week of slack anyway.

MilwShooter
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
c'mon brother you been here long enough and have read enough threads about custom cues being made and the delays. A week late? lol. I'm sure your biting at the bit, and it feels like someone keeps moving christmas day back on you but I don't think I would get too concerned and if the guy gave you an "awesome" deal... I think I give him some slack. One more week of slack anyway.

Very true...I've definitely read some pretty awful horror stories. I guess I've been reading too many in fact, they're causing me to get far more concerned than I need to be I'm sure.

Ha...We blame the Media for hyping up this "Swine-flu" thing, I'm going to blame AZB for hyping up the "Horrible cue" thing. :-) Thanks Dawg

bigfred
05-07-2009, 10:10 AM
It can take a couple of months to make shafts if the cuemaker is busy or just paying attention to details. If you "rush" him, he may put out a lessor product to shut you up! Sometimes the squeeky wheel doesn't get the grease, it gets lubed up! Good luck.