PDA

View Full Version : Great League Format for 9-ball at Pool Hall or Bar League

Mr. J
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Here is the details of the In House Money League..

It is 9 ball...

Teams of 3 people

Each night players pay 10 dollars

They get back 1 dollar for each win

Each player plays 9 games every league night

Each team will play the other team 27 games...everyone on team A plays everyone on team B 3 games...

Our season runs for 14 weeks

House adds money...maybe 500 or what ever you want

If you make 9 on the break counts for extra dollar and recorded on back of score sheet

End of season singels tourney 10 dollar entry ...All Places Paid....

Of course you will have weekly stats of wins and losses...our league rewards the top 10 players with money at end of season based on wins...
You can do this with the women only as well...say top 5 women maybe....or whatever you come up with...

Also...we have a break pot going...everyone who wants to participate must buy at least one ticket every league night...dollar each...we draw 3 tickets every leage night..if you make the 9 on the break..then you win the pot...second ticket...wins percentage of pot and 3rd ticket wins smaller percent of pot...if any of these players makes a ball then they can run out for money...what ever you decide...we get 25 dollars for runouts..however i feel that we should get 50 ...early combos are ok too..you may want to keep 100 dollars out for continued break pot if won on first ticket...

Players get money basically from 5 different directions...

1 dollar for every win
9 on the break 1 dollar
Break pot money
Singles tourney at end of season
Top players payouts men and women per your stats..

If no one makes the nine on the break pot money then most of it is give away at end of season during the singles tourney...when someone is eliminated from tourney they draw envelope out of box with break money in it....you can make different money amounts on envelopes for fun and surprises...

Even though there are 3 person team here..it is really a singles league....doesn't really matter which team wins most game on league night...makes things really easy and people just play with people they are friends with...

This is the greatest league ever!!! lots of fun and peope always order lots of food and drinks and everyone always has a great time...it truly only takes about 2.5 hrs to complete play on league night...however the tables are opened up for practice at least 1 hr before league starts..ours starts at 7pm...you can do what ever you want of course...

Do this league and I promise you will prosper and build clientel for sure....it is the funest and greatest league ever...you can make your season as long as you wish…BCA or what ever...also add what ever money you want to...break pot money too...maybe you start with 100 added by you....or skip the break pot thing all together...

Score sheets are kept in folders and handed out every week on appropriate tables where teams are to compete...schedule forcast is in there too along with rules and rosters of all in league...also there is a pen in there too...

Good luck my friends and prepare to have a waiting list for people to get into the league after a couple of seasons...word of mouth travels very fast and you will have many people wanting to get into the league...

One last thing i forgot...
Money is all handed out at end of season during the time of singles tourney...before tourney starts envelopes of money is given to players for all their wins and 9 ball breaks...also the envelopes are given out for high percentage men and women too...

Then the singles tourney starts and more money give away there too for where they end up in tourney and also more money in envelopes from break pot money not won during season play...

Just wanted to put this out there since it has been such a success up here in the Northwest for us players...

Good Luck..

Mr. J.

SloRoller
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Here is the details of the In House Money League..

It is 9 ball...

Teams of 3 people

Each night players pay 10 dollars

They get back 1 dollar for each win

Each player plays 9 games every league night

Each team will play the other team 27 games...everyone on team A plays everyone on team B 3 games...

Our season runs for 14 weeks

House adds money...maybe 500 or what ever you want

If you make 9 on the break counts for extra dollar and recorded on back of score sheet

End of season singels tourney 10 dollar entry ...All Places Paid....

Of course you will have weekly stats of wins and losses...our league rewards the top 10 players with money at end of season based on wins...
You can do this with the women only as well...say top 5 women maybe....or whatever you come up with...

Also...we have a break pot going...everyone who wants to participate must buy at least one ticket every league night...dollar each...we draw 3 tickets every leage night..if you make the 9 on the break..then you win the pot...second ticket...wins percentage of pot and 3rd ticket wins smaller percent of pot...if any of these players makes a ball then they can run out for money...what ever you decide...we get 25 dollars for runouts..however i feel that we should get 50 ...early combos are ok too..you may want to keep 100 dollars out for continued break pot if won on first ticket...

Players get money basically from 5 different directions...

1 dollar for every win
9 on the break 1 dollar
Break pot money
Singles tourney at end of season
Top players payouts men and women per your stats..

If no one makes the nine on the break pot money then most of it is give away at end of season during the singles tourney...when someone is eliminated from tourney they draw envelope out of box with break money in it....you can make different money amounts on envelopes for fun and surprises...

Even though there are 3 person team here..it is really a singles league....doesn't really matter which team wins most game on league night...makes things really easy and people just play with people they are friends with...

This is the greatest league ever!!! lots of fun and peope always order lots of food and drinks and everyone always has a great time...it truly only takes about 2.5 hrs to complete play on league night...however the tables are opened up for practice at least 1 hr before league starts..ours starts at 7pm...you can do what ever you want of course...

Do this league and I promise you will prosper and build clientel for sure....it is the funest and greatest league ever...you can make your season as long as you wish…BCA or what ever...also add what ever money you want to...break pot money too...maybe you start with 100 added by you....or skip the break pot thing all together...

Score sheets are kept in folders and handed out every week on appropriate tables where teams are to compete...schedule forcast is in there too along with rules and rosters of all in league...also there is a pen in there too...

Good luck my friends and prepare to have a waiting list for people to get into the league after a couple of seasons...word of mouth travels very fast and you will have many people wanting to get into the league...

One last thing i forgot...
Money is all handed out at end of season during the time of singles tourney...before tourney starts envelopes of money is given to players for all their wins and 9 ball breaks...also the envelopes are given out for high percentage men and women too...

Then the singles tourney starts and more money give away there too for where they end up in tourney and also more money in envelopes from break pot money not won during season play...

Just wanted to put this out there since it has been such a success up here in the Northwest for us players...

Good Luck..

Mr. J.

Hi Jeff. I play in a 8ball BCA league that is run very similar.

Its a point system. 10 points for a win, 15 points for a table run and 20 points for a break and run. 5-man team race to 8. End of year tournaments and cash prizes.

Are you going to Vegas this year?

Robert in cali

ajohnson13
05-07-2009, 03:36 PM
This is going to be a fun league. I will be playing with some good team mates. I still had questions on the format, and missed the players meeting last night, so thanks for posting.

-AJ

TX Poolnut
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Sounds like fun.