PDA

View Full Version : Boston

lfigueroa
05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
There is a strong possibility I will have a few day time hours to kill, in the Boston area, in the next month or two. Can anyone recommend a room with decent equipment, that's open in the afternoons? I'll have a rental car, so anywhere 30-45 minutes from downtown is OK.

Lou Figueroa

tom mcgonagle
05-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Come to World Class Billiards in Peabody, Ma. It's about half hour nonth of Boston on the south side of old Route 1. Plenty of games there in the afternoon.

lfigueroa
05-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Come to World Class Billiards in Peabody, Ma. It's about half hour nonth of Boston on the south side of old Route 1. Plenty of games there in the afternoon.

Sounds good -- thanks, Tom.

Lou Figueroa

catscradle
05-08-2009, 06:25 AM

How about up your way, Country Club. Or also Silver Cue in Woburn.

Koop
05-08-2009, 06:33 AM
How about up your way, Country Club. Or also Silver Cue in Woburn.

Peabody is definitely closer to Boston than the other two. Woburn, not too bad but Chelmsford is a solid hour drive.

Lea A
05-08-2009, 06:58 AM
What's Silver Cue looking like inside? When we were there about a year and a half ago it was under construction (I think/hope). Is it nice now?

Pete
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
What's Silver Cue looking like inside? When we were there about a year and a half ago it was under construction (I think/hope). Is it nice now?

The tables are quite nice Gold Crown 4s w/ 760 (yes 760) Simonis cloth. And the balls are very clean.

As for the room, the equipment is quite nice...

PS I'll be there this afternoon...

Pete

Apocalypse2017
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
There is a strong possibility I will have a few day time hours to kill, in the Boston area, in the next month or two. Can anyone recommend a room with decent equipment, that's open in the afternoons? I'll have a rental car, so anywhere 30-45 minutes from downtown is OK.

Lou Figueroa

You can come play me for some cheap sets south of boston ;)

Lea A
05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
As for the room, the equipment is quite nice...

Gotcha :)

Umm...had to add something because my reply was too short...

catscradle
05-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I haven't been there, it is a bit of a way from my home. I hear though that it is pretty good. The tables are good and in good repair.
http://www.silvercuebilliards.com/gallery.html

1hit1der
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
All those places are great. I wish I could get to them more often. The last time I was at Silver Cue was last October. The tables and equipment are great. One or two of the tables in the back were on a slightly warped or tilted floor though. The tables played true, but it was a weird feeling in your stance since your leaning one way or the other.