PDA

View Full Version : I reeled In Another One

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 01:59 PM
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured Id start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didnt know he was watching. Hell, I figured it wont cost me anything and its good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?
I say, I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.
Ill play you one set, race to seven for $200, He said.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasnt too much.

Now lets see. Thats the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt

TX BAD BOY
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
good win.. congrats!!!:thumbup:

BVal
05-07-2009, 02:03 PM
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured Id start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didnt know he was watching. Hell, I figured it wont cost me anything and its good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?
I say, I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasnt too much.

Now lets see. Thats the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt
Johnny you are too fckn funny man. Pretty soon everyones houses are going to look like shit, yards will be over run with weeds and nobody will be getting their mail/packages. Hell maybe you should hire a contractor to move your patio to the front of your house. Sounds like he would probably end up paying you for him to do it for you :D:D:D

BVal

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
good win.. congrats!!!:thumbup:

Thank you. I got lucky. Johnnyt

MikeM
05-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Have to get out there early tomorrow and lure in the paper boy! Don't forget pizza delivery - take 'em down one by one, Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut...on and on and on........:thumbup:

MM... rep sent for the laugh of the day!

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Johnny you are too fckn funny man. Pretty soon everyones houses are going to look like shit, yards will be over run with weeds and nobody will be getting their mail/packages. Hell maybe you should hire a contractor to move your patio to the front of your house. Sounds like he would probably end up paying you for him to do it for you :D:D:D

BVal

It really didn't matter today, but I know every little roll, spitting pocket, and table speed (fast like a rocket) on this BB. Home court is the nuts. Johnnyt

POCKETWOLF
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
What, no girl scouts in the neighborhood? They have to be good for some cookies at least!:)

Knight-of-Pool
05-07-2009, 02:18 PM
You go Johnny , But becarefull them girl scouts are tuff ones....lol.

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
What, no girl scouts in the neighborhood? They have to be good for some cookies at least!:)

I would never hustle a paper boy or Girl Scout...I have my limits and morals. But the Pizza guy sounds like fair game.

There is a cop living in back of me that keeps telling me how good he WAS, but I think I'll leave him alone. Johnnyt

BVal
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
I would never hustle a paper boy or Girl Scout...I have my limits and morals. But the Pizza guy sounds like fair game.

There is a cop living in back of me that keeps telling me how good he WAS, but I think I'll leave him alone. Johnnyt

You never need to attract unnecessary heat on yourself. :)

BVal

Bigjohn
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Watch out for the Plumber. He got game.

tom mcgonagle
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Stupid me, I keep all my trophies in sight. I guess it's time to hide them.

Salamander
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Where do you live?... I'll pretend to be the pizza boy.

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 02:31 PM

BVal

That's why I hardly ever did a job with anyone else. They start spending the money locally like drunk sailors, brag about how much we got, cave in under pressure. Johnnyt

chin0
05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Cool story Johnny, thanks for that. Your stories are always entertaining and interesting. So did all of the winning payoff the table yet? :) Keep them coming, look forward to your next "big fish" :thumbup:

Meezer Girl
05-07-2009, 03:16 PM

:clapping::rotflmao1: you are having waaaaaay to much fun there by yourself - when are you going to have a party for your friends ???? :yeah::poke:

Meezer Girl
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM

BVal

Agreed - but - it is always good to have a gendarme for a buddy ;)

Makes me think of the commercial that a local bailbondsman runs "it's better to know me & not need me than to need me & not know me" ;)

CreeDo
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
However if one of the painters asks to stash his bucket under the table, and he looks a lot like pretty boy floyd, you should run.

paksat
05-07-2009, 03:26 PM
I wish that many people played pool around here where I live... f*ck.

selftaut
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Johnny, your loosin it man, you know you should have only beaten him 7-6 and had a couple lucky rolls in there. He won't be back! Ya gots your line to tight, ya gotta let out some line! :)

TX Poolnut
05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
That's funny stuff Johnny. Keep fishin'.

WoodyJ
05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Johnny, your loosin it man, you know you should have only beaten him 7-6 and had a couple lucky rolls in there. He won't be back! Ya gots your line to tight, ya gotta let out some line! :)

Heck, if he had that much action, shuda slow played him and took him for a full house painting in 2nd gear and then gone double or nothing with a spot when he was done with the job.:thumbup:

scruffy1
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
MAN!!! if you get your bathroom remodeled, you could probably go on a vacation with the cash!!!

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM

These guys weren't coming back ever to play. They just wanted what they thought was stealing and run with the cash. Well, maybe I could have strung the lawn guy along a little better...he's here once a week.:wink: Johnnyt

PS: I'm a little out of practice with the lemon gig too. It will probably all come back to me soon.

KoolKat9Lives
05-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Did you both post?

BTW, you're a baaaad MFer JohnnyT! :thumbup:

Big Perm
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM

LOL, Johnny you are too kewl....congrats....and all from the comforts of home :D

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Did you both post?

BTW, you're a baaaad MFer JohnnyT! :thumbup:

No we didn't post, but I had my eye on a nice ladder and power paint sprayer. Johnnyt

Neil
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM

ShootingArts
05-07-2009, 08:59 PM
just hit the door opener when I am ready for business!

Johnny is the man. He has got himself a fine little home business there for an old retiree. Wait till he nails a roofer, that should be a score!

Hu

All that practice is really paying off! Good for you! Maybe I'll have to think about putting my table in the front yard instead of in the basement!;)

shinyballs
05-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks this is a totally BS story?

maldito
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
There were two house painters painting the house next door today. I saw that one was very interested in watching me play on the patio from his ladder. I figured I’d start missing a lot of shots and make believe I didn’t know he was watching. Hell, I figured it won’t cost me anything and it’s good lemon practice.

About a half-hour later he comes up to the fence and says, “You hit them pretty good, want to play a few games?”
I say, “I only play for cheap sets, like a $100 or two for a race to 7 nine-ball.”
“I’ll play you one set, race to seven for $200”, He said.

To make this short, he came over. I let him use my Dale Perry and my break cue. I won the set 7-2. Both games he won by making the 9 on the snap once and a dead one-foot combo on the 9 the other game. He had a killer break, but his game wasn’t too much.

Now let’s see. That’s the landscaper for $300, the mailman for $275, the Fedex guy for $220, and now the painter for $200 in less than 6-months, and I never had to leave home. I only wish My patio was on the street side. Then I could really get some traffic. I love when plans come together. Johnnyt

I'm glad I never walked into that pool;rm of yours -lol - btw - those guys ujust took down may even be on this forum!! never screw with the mailman or the fedex man -lol

dabarbr
05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Pretty cool Johnny. No need to go on the road just let the road come to you. Tomorrow I'm moving my pool table closer to my front door.

JesPiddlin
05-07-2009, 10:19 PM
So, was this painter fixing up the house of the guy that called you in for making too much noise with the pool table?

Does the painter charge by the hour, or by the job? So, how much do you think you cost your neighbor? :wink:

MJR77
05-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes.......

Johnnyt
05-07-2009, 10:59 PM
So, was this painter fixing up the house of the guy that called you in for making too much noise with the pool table?

Does the painter charge by the hour, or by the job? So, how much do you think you cost your neighbor? :wink:

Yeah, he was painting that guys house. Said he's paint mine for $1200. He probably could do it for $1000, but tacked the $200 on from the lost set. Johnnyt

Apocalypse2017
05-08-2009, 05:42 AM
this might be the best thread I have read so far:thumbup:

LMAO!!!!!

Black-Balled
05-08-2009, 05:54 AM
BE careful if some guy comes around to do Bushwacking!

JoeyA
05-08-2009, 06:29 AM
You and Mike Watson should get together and make a new fishing show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ly0DTSEDD0 :D

JoeyA

KoolKat9Lives
05-08-2009, 07:55 AM

Might be.

Johnny tells some good stories and appears to be leading a pretty exciting life. I would assume he's crossed paths with others here that can vouch for his credibility that you have called into question.

Pii
05-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Thank you. I got lucky. Johnnyt

Where do you live? I have a meter reader out fit. :thumbup:

Johnnyt
05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Where do you live? I have a meter reader out fit. :thumbup:

LMAO. I'll be on the lookout for a hustller looking meter reader. Johnnyt

TheBook
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM

The great part is they know where you live.

Your house will get a free "paint" job.

Your lawn will get free seeds (weeds)

Your mail will become "lost"

And your packages will become not deliverable must pick up at local Fedex

Also if I was hustled like that I would also set up a "sucker" to really clean you out.

Eric.
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
You should write a book, Johnny!

Eric >wishes I had that kind of imagination :wink:

9 on the snap
05-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I am glad you don't live next to me johnny.:D

dragon81
05-08-2009, 11:08 AM

Wow, remind me not to pass by your house...LOL...where do you live so I can avoid the area altogether?

JohnnyOzone
05-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Also if I was hustled like that I would also set up a "sucker" to really clean you out.

If you thought you could steal from from poor slob who owned his own table and you didn't think could play at all, then you would deserve the same thing these guys got.

BTW, Johnny, I hope you advised them all not to quit their day job on their way out the door.

instroke75
05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Where do you live?... I'll pretend to be the pizza boy.

that is exactly what i was thinking!

Jeremy

JoeyA
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM

I don't think I would hustle from my home. It's too big of a bullseye and my family doesn't need the heat when I am away from home. Some people get angry when they loose their money, especially when they have been deceived. LOL

JoeyA

Johnnyt
05-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't think I would hustle from my home. It's too big of a bullseye and my family doesn't need the heat when I am away from home. Some people get angry when they loose their money, especially when they have been deceived. LOL

JoeyA

You are probably right Joey, but the kids are out on their own and the wife took care of Gambino's wife and did some book work for one of his outfits. So she can take care of herself well. Johnnyt

KoolKat9Lives
05-08-2009, 07:17 PM
You are probably right Joey, but the kids are out on their own and the wife took care of Gambino's wife and did some book work for one of his outfits. So she can take care of herself well. Johnnyt

Johnny... I'd ask for elaboration but fear if you did so, you'd be swimmin' wit da fishes.

I do enjoy ur posts.

Hey, mind if I stop by? I do great paving.

;)

kano
05-08-2009, 08:29 PM
true story or not, this thread is cracking me up!

DogsPlayingPool
05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
So Johnny, your 96 ball run must have been in the dark at 3AM. :grin-square: You sure don't want to be putting significant runs or packs on the board during daylight hours when someone might see your true speed. :thumbup:

Dead Money
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Beware of the UPS guy. He can play a lil' and has boundless energy!

rackem
05-08-2009, 09:50 PM
All these mailmen, fed ex, and UPS guys that play.
No wonder are shipped cues are disappearing.:angry::angry:

ShootingArts
05-09-2009, 09:53 AM
The termite man is here. Dreams of sugar plums dancing in my head thinking about JohnnyT.

No home table. Damn!

Hu

APA7
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM

Am I the only 1 who thinks JohnnyT iz a huge bullsiiiit artist??? Damm cuz :sorry::eek::confused:

Brian

ShootingArts
05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Am I the only 1 who thinks JohnnyT iz a huge bullsiiiit artist??? Damm cuz :sorry::eek::confused:

Brian

Brian,

Why don't some of the skeptics go take him on and find out?

Johnny admitted he couldn't play for crap on here for years until he put in his home table and got rolling again. He never seemed like a BS artist then so I am very doubtful he is a BS artist now. Could be, but somebody has to pay to find out!

Hu

JoeyA
05-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Brian,

Why don't some of the skeptics go take him on and find out?

Johnny admitted he couldn't play for crap on here for years until he put in his home table and got rolling again. He never seemed like a BS artist then so I am very doubtful he is a BS artist now. Could be, but somebody has to pay to find out!

Hu

You are so wrong, Hu!

JohnnyT has bull-shitted just about every non-family member who visited his home pool room but there is always room for one more payor. ;)

Awww, take a chance, Brian. It's only money.
JoeyA

alstl
05-09-2009, 10:45 AM

When you mail gets lost, your house gets painted pink during the night and your yard is full of weeds...

ShootingArts
05-09-2009, 10:49 AM
. . . and we both know all fishermen are liars, well 'cept me and you! :D :D :D

Hu

You are so wrong, Hu!

JohnnyT has bull-shitted just about every non-family member who visited his home pool room but there is always room for one more payor. ;)

Awww, take a chance, Brian. It's only money.
JoeyA

APA7
05-18-2009, 05:35 AM
That's why I hardly ever did a job with anyone else. They start spending the money locally like drunk sailors, brag about how much we got, cave in under pressure. Johnnyt

R U trying 2 hint that U were some kind of mobster??:confused::eek::sorry:

Brian

crawfish
05-18-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey Johnnyt, just where are you located? I know a Dominoe's guy that will take the seven and the break.

Note to self: Dig out the Dominoes and Bartlett Landscaping shirts.