PDA

View Full Version : For the Iowa Players

Complex13
05-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I just saw this on the DSM Register site about the new Bass Pro Shop going up in Altoona. Looks like they are including "upscale" billiards rooms:

Bass Pro Shops, now under construction in Altoona, will hold a job fair to fill full- and part-time positions from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 1-3.

The Missouri-based outdoor sports chain seeks candidates in departments that range from fishing and camping to boat sales and customer service.

The company also seeks a bowling operations technician for its first “Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill,” a 15,000-square-foot nautical-themed feature that offers a 12-lane bowling, upscale billiards rooms and casual dining.

cowboyup200560
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
This sounds really cool I might have to go check this out.:thumbup:

mosconiac
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I guess it's only fitting that they would put a full-featured Bass Pro Shop here, if you listen to mikey frost this state is full of fish. 10 for $1 guppies, but fish none the less.

TX Poolnut
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Just for a goof, I went to the Bass Pro Shop website and searched "pool." This was the only billiard related thing they sell on their website.

Show your passion for the outdoors, even while you’re shooting pool! This Camo Pool Cue will let others know you’re not only a pool player but also an outdoorsman. This two-piece maple cue features a 13mm shaft with Realtree Hardwoods camo graphics and a 13mm leather tip. Nylon black and white wrap. Length: 57''. Weight: 21 oz.

$24.95

Makes an excellent gift for the sportsman!

JimS
05-08-2009, 04:22 AM
Cool!!!!!!